Holy Cross Hospital Employee Reviews

Its a family friendly enviornment
Nutritional Services/Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2018
I started wworking there on 7/2/18 in dietary, its busy soon as I punch in and the day goes by fast because I stay busy cool job cool employees going to pick up carts with trays from patients clearing them and putting them thru dish machine, washing dishes as well as taking trays to the er for patients.
Pros
Lunvh
Cons
Pay
ok
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 6, 2018
I think more resouces can e done for employees if a company takes care of its employees the employees will take care of the company employees would jump where there is over time to be done
Professional Management
Student Radiographer, clinical rotation (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 5, 2018
The workplace culture was very good. We were introduced to the management team and they were very professional. We knew exactly what they wanted and do not want.
Pros
Nice Hospital
Cons
no negative
Great people to work with
Radiology Transcriptionist (Home-based) (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 3, 2018
During my time, the work was fast-paced and friendly coworkers and doctors. Flexible schedule was always made possible. Management kept you informed of changes and requirements that were needed.
Pros
Friendly environment
Good Work Environment
Allied Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 2, 2018
Good and knowledgeable staff. Worked hard, but the reward was great. Most enjoyable was being a part of a great mission to save lives and better the community.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 31, 2018
Great place to work. I worked there for 15 yrs. My managers were very supportive and always willing to help me learn what I needed to perform my job as a Patient Access Representative. I worked in ER,Outpatient, Admitting and Urgent care.
Great place to work!
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 21, 2018
I always looked forward to going to work because of the patients and my coworkers. This place was a comfortable environment to work in and for the most part we worked as a team.
Pros
semi Flexible hours.
Cons
Not flexible for school if you are full time.
catholic foundation religious culture in God's love
ENT service coordinator, Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MD 20910July 21, 2018
Working full time days. Lots of learning opportunities were provided to enhance nursing career.
The hardest part of the job were learning process due to diverse surgical procedures with limited mentors.
Pros
staff centers culture
Cons
territorial atmosphere among units
Good Place to work
Staff Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 19, 2018
At times the hospital gets a little slow. The work is not overwhelming. Management is willing to help with scheduling conflicts. It is an nice place to work.
Racist, mistreatment of employees based on the color yiour skin
Credentials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 16, 2018
I would not recommend this employer to anyone. There are hardly any minorities in management positions. The work culture is the crab in the bucket effect, The hardest part of job was to hear management talk about culture in a negative way and not being able to do anything about it,
Pros
co-workers / equals are great to work alongside each other
Cons
Management does support staff
Very good to me and a charitable organization
Accounts Receivable Clerk, Patient Refund Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 15, 2018
I am disabled and had difficulty finding a job once I graduated from school. I volunteered for six months entering volunteer hours then someone put a good word in for me and I was hired. They have been very understanding of my challenges and I am very thankful for all the opportunities the have offered me. They trust me to work independently and welcome any suggestions I may have. They pride themselves on helping the community and keeping the employees healthy and fit.
Shadowing doctor
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 11, 2018
I shadowed a doctor at Holy Cross Hospital. It was a great learning experience due to the vast amount of medical terminology and medical information i learned during the 2 months that i shadowed.
Critically understaffed/Poor management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 11, 2018
Always understaffed, unsafe working conditions, no teamwork and very poor culture form the top down. Management chooses to criticize instead of support and team build. Everyone is replaceable. I generally always try to find the good in something. Unfortunately, I have nothing good to say about my experience there.
Pros
Cons
Lack of teamwork, broken equipment
Truly, a great hospital....
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 6, 2018
I enjoy working at Holy Cross very much because it's a great hospital, pays well, has very good benefits, and has many very nice people employed there.
Pros
Great reputation, great pay, great people and very good benefits....
Cons
Quite far from my home, the traffic and such in that area is often times quite chaotic, working 12 hour night shifts can sometimes be very exhausting, L&D is often times super busy there....
.Never The Same
Patient Care Technician/ Registar (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 5, 2018
Greeting patient, checking them in, verifying and collecting insurance information, collecting co pay, taking vitals and assisting in patient care. I learned that people need to know that someone cares no matter of there circumstances. Management there was great and its a diverse Hospital. The hardest part of my job was loosing a patient and the most enjoyable is helping others.
Pros
great hours, employee incentives
Cons
working under staff
Going Downhill
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 1, 2018
Unfortunately, this hospital is NOT what it used to be. Management has changed and long-timers are leaving in droves. The $$$ (making and saving) is what runs this hospital, not necessarily quality of care.Understaffed in critical areas where it can compromise patient safety.
Pros
Continuing Education
Cons
Pay, Understaffed in critical areas
Fast paced
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR EMERGENCY ROOM (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 29, 2018
The ER a very fast paced area to work in. However if you are organized and like staying busy this is the place fir you. I absolutely love my job. There is never a dull moment. The hardest part of this job is bringing back a family member to see their deceased love one.
holycross germantown suck
Night Shift Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDJune 28, 2018
they suck dont care about support staff and they was stealing money and we paid for it. they will work you like a dog especially germantown manages suck if they dont like you they get rid of you
Amazing place to work at!
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 25, 2018
I loved working at Holy Cross Hospital, everyone there was really nice and supportive of everything i was doing and of my future plans. They offer great connections if you are looking to be in the medical field and offer great recommendations. If i didn't have to relocate i would still be working there, every day was a great day and i wish i could go back.
Pros
amazing people
n/a
Fort Lauderdale, Periderm Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 22, 2018
good place to work, lots of changes in the last months, automatization is the core of the changes established. Should maximize the turn around for results, although it takes time to reach the goal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Cross Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.