Holy Cross Hospital Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Staff RN Maternal Child Health (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 16, 2018
I had a good experience working for holy cross. There was a high degree of professionalism and team work. Continuing educaton classes were available and helpful.
Very helpful, great coworker
HUC (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 13, 2018
Fast paced floor, team work, great place to work , teaching hospital, managers are helpful and pitch in. Great patient care. Large hospital & very busy.
Pros
Everyone works together, benefits
Cons
The pay is not good
Registered Nurse, Full Time, Per Diem July (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 12, 2018
Holy Cross is a great place to work. I have been there for 6 years and enjoy my co workers and my everyday work life. I recommend Holy Cross to all patients and nurses.
Great working environment
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 10, 2018
Pleasant place to work. People are friendly for the most part. Encourage u to further ur education, also willing to give u financial assistance. Willing to help u if u need help.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Not paid enough
good
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 9, 2018
Have been very flexible with schedule. They are accommodating and will work with you if you work with them. I have enjoyed my time at Holy Cross Hospital. i love working at holy cross hospital
Nice place to work
Mammography Technologist, Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 4, 2018
dont do it
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 1, 2018
Typical day at work is work , work , work often short staffed. management does not care about its employees. Benefits are terrible. Same exact health insurance premiums as Obamacare , but you MUST use Holy Cross. people are often overworked, working short staffed with NO LUNCH many days . management is often nasty to staff and does not care about your ( employee) personal issues or emergencies. "there's the door " is the most used management phrase used in this facility. it was hard just to get out of bed every day knowing I had to go to work there.
Pros
Cons
rude management & the worst healthcare benefits
Chronically understaffed
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 1, 2018
While the unit directors do their best to help us, the culture of Holy Cross from the top down is harmful in terms of staffing. Holy Cross was under investigation and recently settled for a labor dispute with a local union trying to fight for better patient-nurse ratios. People usually orient there and move on quickly, and turnover is high because people are worked into the ground.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Horrible staffing levels
I wood recommend as a good place to work
Clinical Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 30, 2018
A typical day was filled with organizing priorities, interdisciplinary discharge planning, utilization review, collaborating with physicians, staff, patients and families to coordinate care and safe discharges. Each day there was an environment that including prayers prior to the start of a meeting, as this is a Catholic Institution. I enjoyed being able to seek and receive spiritual help, and go to the chapel for prayers and reflection.
Pros
Caring enviroments, good benefits, and staff education
Cons
Short breaks
Great
Acute Hemodialysis LPN (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 29, 2018
Give positive reinforcement. I appreciate the way you… I’m impressed with… I …
Show gratitude. Thank Someone for something they did but weren’t expecting to …
Spread happiness. Smile and say “Hi” to twice as many people as you normally …
Motivate others. Post a new upbeat poster, picture or quote at your desk where …
n/a
Lead Cardiovascular Research Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 25, 2018
It was an amazing opportunity, I learned a lot in my position, many dedicated employees loyal to company. The most enjoyable part of the job was people I worked with.
It was a pleasure
Case Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 23, 2018
They took me from my Internship, and when I excelled in my role, they were joyous to offer me a position. I worked there and was continuously encouraged to pursue my career. It is a place that promotes growth.
it just ok
Telemetry/Cardiac Unit Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2018
pretty heavy workload on the telemetry unit. salary is below average, staff is nice, flexable scheduling. the community is kind of dangerous and the facility isnt that clean
Great opportunity
Environmental Service Aide I (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 19, 2018
The best hospital I worked in gave me a chance to go to school helped me when I got sick w work hours and if I needed to take time off if enough hours where meet than I was able to after all great
Pros
Overtime ablailable
Fast-paced environment
Network Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Lots of work to do. Many different areas you can learn about. Exposure to all kinds of aspects of the medical field which is a fast growing industry.
ok
Staff Nurse OB-GYN Clinic (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 16, 2018
worked in clinic and post partum unit. i enjoyed my time spent there. was in their parish nursing class. which was devoted to pastoral care for the patients
Pros
pastoral care
Cons
no nursing advocate
not at all
Nutritional Services Associate (Current Employee) –  federal commercailSeptember 12, 2018
to be fast making food and get it out very crazy working there and stress but i had to pay my bills so i had to hang in there .but im very unhappy there that why im looking for work.
Pros
lunch free
Cons
30 minute break
Experienced Generalists Only
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 9, 2018
Holy Cross Hospital (HCH) is a good facility for those who are already completely competent (2+ years experience) in their respective departments (e.g. Blood Bank). Since Trinity Health purchased Catholic Health East in 2015, HCH has cut their staffing significantly and went LEAN. Unfortunately, this translates into 0.8 FTE for new full-time hires, decreased training hours & decreased benefits (e.g. company provided life insurance based on 1664 worked hours/year instead of 2080).
A word of CAUTION to all those applying to HCH. This is NOT a teaching facility/entry level facility. Be prepared to work alone in your department and to refer to SOPs if you have any questions. Scheduling is unorganized and confusing; you will be floating from department to department depending on the day. Experienced Generalists Only.
Pros
Hard-Working Staff, High Pay
Cons
Over-Worked Lead Techs, High Stress, Unreasonable Expectations, Lack of Training, Expensive PPO Only
Front Office Lead
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 6, 2018
On a daily basis I check patients in and out of the office. answering phones, making appointments. return voicemails and emails,all authorizations for our orthopedic dept I do myself as well as. I collect all copays and complete a batch each day for billing
N/a
N/A (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Holy Cross Hospital was a great place to work for, however, management can do better on making internal management great and comfortable with working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Cross Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about