Holy Cross Hospital Employee Reviews

High employment turnover rate
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60629January 12, 2019
Within the past few years, Holy Cross Hospital has become more focus on quantity instead of quality. Patient care is a thing of the past due to the high turnover rate of employees. I take great pride in the job I do.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
unorganized managers
Fun place to work
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 7, 2019
Provide great opportunities, provide safe patient care, advance equipment, very knowledgeable nursing staff and physician, community out reach, advance career opportunitie.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
n/a
This is a great place to work and friendly people
Medicial Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLJanuary 3, 2019
This is a great place to work, the people are friendly and lots of opportunity to advance. the hospital is very clean and neat lots of opening and positions.
Pros
Great place to work, lots of oppertunity to advance
Cons
The cost of living is too expensive in fort lauderdale floridia
Registered Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 12, 2018
I have always wanted to work for this employer. Once within the company; it was good in the beginning. However at the end it was not a place to be. I would not recommend this employer.
Very good workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 11, 2018
Good place to work! Fabulous volunteer program and community involvement. Most friendly cafeteria staff ever!
Greatest challenge is working with very diverse populations.
Pros
nice facilities
Cons
not much support for professional development
Overall I was pleased with my work experience with Holy Cross Hospital and they were with my work as well.
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 11, 2018
I worked a split shift from 5 - 9 am and 5 - 9 pm. I provided ADL and reverse ADL training with patients.
Inconsistent management
Good workplace
Fun
Pros
Flexible hours. I was able to make my own schedule by the month. Great peers & teamwork.
Cons
No benefits as PRN even though working full time hours
Low productivity
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2018
Good work experience. Stressful only when emergency room gets busy. Laboratory management could be better. Laboratory information system needs an upgrade.
Pros
Parking is cheap
Cons
Neighboorhood location questionable
work environment
Registry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2018
Friendly hospital and pleasant hospital to work for. Opportunity to have flexible work schedule and join in outside activities to promote a healthy pregnancy and childbirth experience..
Enjoyable place to Work!
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2018
Working at Holy Cross is more laid back when working with patients, ensuring their mental and psychological needs are met. They offer plenty of activities throughout the day using therapeutic approaches. It is a community based hospital, close to home!
Pros
Work/Life balance exceptional (3 days per week)
Cons
12 hour shifts can be draining at times, only 72 hours per pay period
My Manager and Director doesn't not have leadership stills
HIM Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 4, 2018
If my Director and my manager noticed that an employee reported them to the VP, They will make up a good reason and terminate the employee who complained about them and, also, they sat with employees to gossip about the supervisor.
Pros
Cons
hostile
Busy hospital, but co-workers are rude and don't communicate.
Surgical Scheduler/ Ambulatory Care Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2018
Majority of co-workers are rude and make work environment harder to work; workers are always complaining of their job duties. Some co-workers don't like helping one another when the help is needed.
Pros
Good health benifits
Cons
Our PTO is used for holidays
great
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 30, 2018
great experience working with others. you get to share information and time with hundreds of employees. it is the only time you get learn what is going on in their life and share what is going on in your life
Good place to work.
Histology Assistant, Part time (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 27, 2018
I started PRN and moved up to full time. Because my title of Histology Assistant did not change, I did not receive a raise even though my responsibilities and stress increased. I do not think that is fair.
Unpleasent Workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2018
It is a very unorganized and unprofessional place of employment. Always short staffed daily plus each department lack communication. The pay is low compared to the amount of work they expect employees to do.
Pros
paid time off for permenant employess
Cons
low pay
Good experience.
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 6, 2018
I worked as a volunteer at Holy Cross. It was a great experience. Now I intend to apply as a registered nurse in the Physician Group. This would be very satisfying for me. Thanks.
A Stepping Stone
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 27, 2018
HCH lacks a mentorship environment. Instead of individuals helping you when you fall they don't hesitate to snitch on you. Some of the nurses are evil and mean don't hesitate to throw you under the bus. Most of the night clinical staff is normally the best staff as they are personable and kind and even look out for you. Even some of the doctors are awesome as they feed you. Ultimately, the PARs of ER are considered the bottom feeders and are not held in high regards. Some of the registrars are petty, immature and lackadaisical so be weary of them.
It was a great experience however I wouldn't work in the HCH ER again but the company as a whole is not too bad. Just do your work and watch your back for the haters.
You define Holy Cross Hospital, enjoyable, challenge, diverse, the day of work pass ... and you need more time.
Supervisor of Environmental Services Department (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 26, 2018
. Arriving at 4:30am, walk thru out the floors hospital, seen the job done for the knight crew, and see the immediately needs for the new business day to come. Be real sure all my 1st impression areas are real in excellent shape.
. See the supplies needs, and check my budget; takes care of my payroll.
Communicate with vendors for improvement.
. We are a very diverse community from all over the world, and what is 1st is the professionalism and tolerance.
' The more unpleasant time is between 3:00pm and 5:00pm, at end of the day when I have to discipline one employee.
. The daily challenger ... I enjoy solve problems, no matter which ... I almost win all, and when I lose ... I learn from them.
Pros
It is to many to mention
Cons
Should be, but at this moment I don't recall
Overall quality care
RN stepdown Telementry unit (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 25, 2018
Please use Holy Cross as your hospital choice. Excellent MDs and nursing staff. Well trained. Clean rooms, needs are met. We joked and called ourselves the Holy Hilton
First nursing job
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 21, 2018
Very efficient hospital and great learning experience as I was a new graduate at the time. I learned good time management and had a great overall learning experience.
Pros
Job security, Efficient organization
A good place to work
Staff RN Maternal Child Health (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 16, 2018
I had a good experience working for holy cross. There was a high degree of professionalism and team work. Continuing educaton classes were available and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Cross Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.