Holy Cross Hospital Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Patient Care Coordinator-Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 18, 2018
Worked at Holy Cross for almost 6 years and was not planning to leave until I was offered a better position(promotion) $5 more. Manager was very immature
Pros
Getting along with coworkers and patients
Cons
Micromanage, favortism, no room for growth, inexperienced management with lack of problem solving skills
It's a fun place to work
CLINICAL NURSE/CHARGE NURSE (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 14, 2018
It a very busy hospital but provider excellent learning opportunity for staff and never lack supply to do your work. Maintain just culture, management is really excellent and approachable
Pros
Employee benefits are excellent
Cons
Busy place to wrokr
Holy Cross
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 11, 2018
AS a professional RN nurse working at Holy cross Hospital in Postpartum unit I felt fulfilled helping patient and their children, and I always got a smile in my heart when patient come back to thank me and bring their children . Nursing is a calling, it is not a career. The reward of nursing , come from seeing patients recover and not only move on with their lives but integrate healthy meaningful changes that impact the rest of their lives.
Intern - Project Associate (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 9, 2018
Very good work environment and team members are very supportive of each other. Work load is fair also without the added presense of a strict supervisor always pushing you.
Pros
Good Team Members
job summary
Phlebotomist (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 9, 2018
my day at work is lovely I learn a lot every single day I learn how to manage everyday. my work place culture is very good the hardest part of the job
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 9, 2018
I loved working in the ER. You meet new people everyday and we worked as a team. Helping patients and other staff members get patient registered and processed for treatment.
Pros
Never a duel moment
Cons
N/a
fast paced multi cultural environment
Critical Care Float Pool Nurse (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 3, 2018
I was in the critical care float pool and worked between ER & ICU. This was a contractual job (in house agency). I had to mess into each unit I was assigned to which could at times be a challenge.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
constantly changing assignments
Great Place to work
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2018
Great place to work. I learned a lot working hear. The staff was very helpful and management was fair. I looked forward to coming to work every day because I felt like my co-workers were like family.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 27, 2018
Amazing Director of Pain Management
Mon-Fri. 8am- 4:30 pm typical day of work
Diverse workplace
Experienced and knowledgeable mentors
Patients most enjoyable part of job
Diversity
MENTAL HEALTH WORKER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2018
It's a divers Hospital you will have an opportunity to work in a fast pace environment. With a chance for advancement within the department you are working in
Graduate Nurse to Licensed Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 25, 2018
I started out as a graduate nurse and participated in their GN to RN nurse internship program. The nursing and education teams supported me through the whole process!
Pros
Tons of on-site education offerings
Cons
Hard to move to dayshift positions
Nice Place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 16, 2018
Generally the place is nice. The cafeteria food is awful, although they have a nice café and gift shop. Overall is was a nice place, but I heard some management complaints over the years,
No comment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 15, 2018
I have not worked there in many years I have no idea about the typical day of work there so I cannot comment on the day of the life in the hospital
SO my opinion is not appropriate
Pros
non
Cons
non
Amazing
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 4, 2018
Such an amazing clean hospital. The workers there are so friendly. They really care about their patients and overall experience. I loved waking up to got to work.
Best Work Experience!
Staff Support Nurse/LPN (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Working for Holy-Cross was a blessing! My coworkers were super friendly and always willing to help. The management team really makes sure we were well trained so we were able to answer questions and assist in an educated and well versed manner. They are very hands on and get dirty with the staff. That's a great quality for a management team!
nice work place
Surgical Services Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 11, 2018
very nice palce to work at the time i met some really good people whom i can still friends with. it was close to my home and the work hours was awesome for my family
Miserable
RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 11, 2018
Poor upper management, much flexing, employees are not happy, unrealistic staffing in many areas. It was a wonderful hospital years ago but has been terribly mismanaged
Pros
Nearby, good MD’s and staff
Cons
Upper management
productive place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Employed since 2007. This company does its best to be productive and offers opportunity for growth. There is always the opportunity to promote from within. The work culture is diverse.
Ok
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Had potential but turned out to be unappreciative management.
Had some great people to work with.
Always expanding knowledge base.
Should be a wonderful company.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
unreasonable job responsibilities
nice
Interim Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 23, 2018
I only worked there for a short period of time. Was a nice place to work. I do not have anything otherwise to say about them. It was a long time ago. No problems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Cross Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.