Holy Cross Services Employee Reviews

Challenging but rewarding
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 10, 2019
Holy cross was a very challenging but rewarding job. I was helping young women get back on their feet. There were tons of challenges and tough days but we all worked for those who were in worse spots.
Good place to gain experience
Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 18, 2018
Holy cross is a good place to gain experience. Difficult seeing what the kids have been through and why they are there but I enjoy working here. I have had support from my team and supervisors.
Pros
Teamwork, communication
Cons
Stressful learning what young kids have gone through
Great Leadership
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 14, 2018
Holy Cross Services has great leadership. They role model everyday and truely care about their employees. Working for them is like being part of a family. I feel that my supervisor is honest and supportive. I look forward to going to work everyday!! It is not even like a job and its so rewarding. Making a difference for so many families. They promote growth and are dedicated to helping their employees and clients.
Pros
Great benefits, flex-time, career growth
Warm Welcoming
TS (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 14, 2018
I am a new employee (6 months) and I was met with such a warm welcoming from the new management. I read reviews and took a leap of faith and it has really paid off. My questions were answered, I feel like I have support, and I am able to complete my tasks with the resources I have.
Pros
Management has been super helpful, clients
Cons
Breaks at times
Great environment with high expectations
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 13, 2018
Love the job that I am in. I get to make a difference in the lives of children and adults in need. At HCS you're expected to do a lot to enrich the lives of those we serve.
Stay Away
N/A (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 26, 2018
This place is probably the worst place ever to work. Management isn't fair and doesn't what they are doing. Good employees don't last long there. They can't keep staff.
Cons
Terrible agency to work for-unprofessional and unethical
Management (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 1, 2018
Management does not care about their employees. Mission is to help people yet management and executive team doesn’t care about helping their employees. COO is not friendly, often lies and manipulates others, is not clinical and does not have a degree in human services. Very poor communication with management and sites. Agency has employees they protect and they do many unethical and unprofessional things. Often in violation of contracts and unwilling to help each other out. Agency expects you to wear multiple hats while others just keep assigning tasks to do without care and concern or help.
Pros
Flexibility in schedule
Cons
Communication, management, support
The clients were greatest part of employment
Residential Technician (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 11, 2018
Terrible management on every level. No matter what of education and experience you come in with you will be treated exactly the same, paid the same. Do not value employees but wonder why they can’t keep keep them. Set clients up for failure by not helping, they want them to keep coming back.
Benefits
Cons
No breaks, short staffed, little to no advancement
Low Pay. High Stress
Worker (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 17, 2018
This agency does WONDERFUL work for foster children. However, there is an EXTREMELY high turnover rate among social workers due to horrible management.
Pros
Generous PTO (trust me—you WILL NEED IT!!)
Cons
Terrible pay and management
Stressful
Residential Technician (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 27, 2018
Not enough pay for the job requirements. Management is all over the place. Very unorganized. States that they offer structure for the clients but there is minimal structure.
Cons
It’s like a Big high school all they do is gossip and try to pry into your life
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Shields, MIMay 16, 2018
Management just received a 12 million dollar grant and they still haven’t gave out pay raises the ceo only give a 20 cent payraise once. They pay 9.25
Pros
Money was ok
Cons
minimum wage no pay raises bad management bad ceo no advancement
Challenging environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 18, 2018
Organization is in transition implementing positive ways to help clients and their families to ensure hope, change and freedom. Communicates well with clients and staff for feedback on how to improve.
Pros
Open communication
Cons
Lots of change right now
Treatment specialist
Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 13, 2018
When I first was hired in we were so under staffed that I was working 60+hours per week. They barely pay over minimum wage. The treatment specialist supervisor is very young and unprofessional. She doesn't care if you have kids, she will put you on whatever shift she wants. It is easy to accumulate paid time off but you never can use it. Even when putting in time off requests months early are no guarantee. Worst company I've ever worked for.
laid back
Residential Technician (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 11, 2018
It's a laid back job that can become challenging at times, depending on the clients, some may require more medical help than others. This will be determined by the therapist.
Pros
free food
Cons
short or no breaks
Worst place ever
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 3, 2018
Employees have no creditably, they are afraid to hold the clients accountable, for fear of losing money. So they keep the clients sick without helping them. You have to be part of a click to get anywhere and most of the staff are on development plans, not certified, over work their staff, and under pay them. I worked 7 years without a vacation because they couldn’t keep anyone to releave me to take my APL time. They are miserable for being a spiritual place. Poor place to work. They don’t allow anyone to grow, they use you, and give nothing in return.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Ceo, Treatment of Staff
Company not interested in staff
Staff (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MIJanuary 7, 2018
Holy Cross takes advantage of all staff, underpays at almost all levels, does not listen to staff needs or ideas. They ride on the idea that if you take the job, you must work 24/7 "for the mission". However, the mission is rarely reached, as almost all locations are in violation of their licenses.
Pros
the clients are great
Cons
management, pay, pto, training, locations
Worst professional job I had EVER
Family Worker Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 17, 2017
I have worked in the mental health field with my masters several years now. It was one of the worst paid. You are on call 24/7 for your unit. Literally slept with the work phone on my chest some nights. During emergencies management tends not to answer their phones. Had to take my work phone on my vacation because you are always the worker for the kids you are assigned to. Kids physically assault each other and staff on a regular basis. Medical leave is often in people’s future if they stay any length of time.
Pros
Company cars
Cons
No breaks, long hours(unpaid as you are salary), poor management, unsafe environment
Good environment to learn in
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 6, 2017
Typical day involves problem solving, and creating solutions for difficult problems. Management supports decision making, however does not provide a lot of direction and training.
A company working very hard to improve its corporate culture
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 14, 2017
A company in transition as it incorporates several different companies and their different cultures. The work is hard and rewarding. The management staff works very hard to improve working conditions and want what is best for their employees realizing it improves client satisfaction. If you want to work within the Child Welfare or Substance Use Disorder fields, this is a place with dedicated fellow employees and management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Cross Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7