Holy Family Day Home Employee Reviews

4.2Job Security & Advancement
Fun and interactive workplace that focuses completely on the children's needs
Substitute Floater/Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 13, 2015
Holy Family Day Home is exactly that....a family. The staff became more than friends and co-workers, they remain as close as family members. We were all there for each other, whether we needed work support or personal support.
The hardest part of the job was sometimes going into a classroom to substitute for a teacher (as I was a Floater), and not being informed of the schedule or what the children were doing. Thinking on your feet was a big...and fun...part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with the kids, enriching their learning experience, and watching their reactions as they learned new things.
Pros
supportive management, great benefits
Cons
the commute
Wonderful, Historic place
Social Services Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 17, 2015
Special place for the history and the great people. Located in a beautiful area which lends to great experience. One of the best places I have worked. Can be tough to keep pace with the demands of funders.
Typical day at work
Preschool Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Teacher ratio 12:1 or 8:1
Typical day at work breakfast, circle time, teacher led or child led activities, outdoor play, lunch, nap time, snack, indoor free play, outdoor play, pick up
Excellent company
Case manager/consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 18, 2013
Support families with resources, such as, food stamps, Cal-works and housing. Advocating for families with different agencies.

Attend court with parents to support them emotionally. Develop programs for evening program: massage night, cooking class, workout program and nutrition advice workshops.

Provide consultation and crisis support to high risk families.
Pros
Excellent work place.
Cons
Benefits, pay and no other positions to move up.
Great program
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2013
A typical day meant connections with staff and families. Interfacing with the public, clients, and staff really spoke volumes about the agency because the program really tried to educate all stakeholders.

I learned a lot about California licensing, my own leadership/management style, and quality programming.

My coworkers were great, supportive and dedicated. Management sometimes was disconnected from the day-to-day and there was a vast difference in management style.
A wonderful place to work
Admission Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 14, 2013
I absolutely love Holy Family Family Day Home. This is a school with a culture and heart that can be found no where else.