Holy Family Memorial Employee Reviews

Data Integrity Specialist/Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIOctober 12, 2018
Loved my job, great benefits, room for promotions, workplace culture is good, ongoing training available. Sadly my job was eliminated due to new computer system.
Strives to serve the community
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WISeptember 30, 2018
Holy Family strives to serve the community with excellence and compassion. However, I feel they are currently floundering. I feel they need to be more open to new ideas and become more progressive in order to continue serving the community in this competitive market.
Pros
Wonderful Staff, great co-workers
Cons
Fear based management
Upper management doesn't walk the talk
Hourly indirect contributor (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WISeptember 28, 2018
There's been a big push from upper management lately for "higher engagement" and "improved morale." But they haven't actually communicated what that means and they certainly haven't modeled that behavior in a way that any rank and file that I know has seen.

I can't say that I've ever seen upper management around in the off hours except for a token hour for a monthly fee meal. That's a nice gesture, but it would be great to see them observe folks trying to do their jobs in the environment management is creating. Catch staff doing something right and reward them! Observe a roadblock and actually listen to suggestions.
I'm not a fan of the health benefits, and I hear similar complaints from others: we get the best cost savings by using our own clinic, hospital, and providers, but our network is so small and some providers so rude that it's worth paying more to go elsewhere for care. I know one person who drives an hour to see a specialist out of network and I go a half an hour away so that I have better options for speciality care. That being said, the cost and quality of my primary care provider can't be beat!

There are so many hard working people at HFM. They deserve more credit than they are being given. I'm afraid the board of directors made the wrong choice. We don't have a vision; we just have vague words and the continual threat of layoffs.
Pros
Great "worker bees"
Cons
Leadership has poorly articulated vision, threatens staff into submission
Quality patient care focus
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMay 2, 2018
A great place to work with a wide variety of treatment settings to work in including acute care, rehab, outpaient, and home health care. Good benefits.
Good and Bad
Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIFebruary 12, 2018
Horrible unit management that has the wool pulled over their eyes. Corporate management needs a big reality check. There are some really great employees and co-workers, but the bad ones are enough to make you dislike your job very much. Most, but not all, but most nurses are crabby, unlikable, judgmental people. Nurses tend to take advantage of employees with lesser titles. Days seem to be very slow, or so busy it's hard to keep your head on straight, but overall I think that's just health care. Overall, you need to be careful who you trust, and what you say, to who. With some employees, there's no "team," or working together and helping each other. But, there are a few employees that have been there for a decade or two that really appreciate your help, and work very well together.
Cons
Management, drama, no team
homecare case manager
Home Care and Hospice Case Manager, 4months (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJanuary 4, 2018
visited patient in homes for assessment, teaching and providing needed care. travel around county to homes and facilities in need of nursing care. Provided updates to MD's
A great place to work in health care.
Medical Transcription III (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJuly 27, 2017
I enjoyed my position very much and hoped to retire from Holy Family. I was able to work independently and felt very confident in my job. Due to a change in the computer system my position was eliminated.
Patients Come First
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 29, 2017
Holy Family Memorial is a very nice place to work. Patients really do come first. Patients leave smiling with grateful hearts giving many hugs all around.
Voluntary work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 3, 2017
Great Hospital with an incredible battalion of caring workers. Learning the history, while working, was the best typical day at work in this establishment.
Lack of chances to learn new skills
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIFebruary 13, 2017
I have been with HFM for just about a year, and feel like I am not given a chance to learn new skills. I have expressed that I would like to learn more, but I am not given the chance. I need something that will challenge me more and keep me up to date on the skills I obtained while I was in school at LTC.
Pros
The pay is pretty good
Cons
not appreciated. lack of new opportunities.
Still there because of accruing ETO after 20 years
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  2300 Western Ave manitowoc ,WIFebruary 10, 2017
Wonderful staff to work with on all floors.... always had felt like part of a family...worried about lack of hours offered at this time
Pros
Coworkers and ETO
Cons
Do not pay for CEUs
Doesn't work together as a team
Unit Technician (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJuly 18, 2016
People are split up all over the floor where ever needed. Management have there favorites. Some co-workers will work together as a team. The hardest part of my job was trying to get along with everyone. The most enjoyable was getting to know my patients, and do what i could to make them comfortable.
Pros
Being able to eat a warm meal in the dining area.
Cons
Short breaks
I have enjoyed my job in Oncology. I have grown both professionally and personally.
Registered Nurse, Nurse Navigator (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJuly 23, 2015
Holy Family is a great place to work. I enjoy working with oncology patients and learning from them daily. I have been able to grow professionally and personally with the support from my manager.
We do things right
Emergency Dept Staff RN ACLS-certified staff RN (Current Employee) –  ManitowocJanuary 3, 2015
In our dept, there is good teamwork, and pt safety is always considered. We have people come to us, who have MDs outside our system, who are "afraid" (their words) to go to "their" hospital. We've had people correctly diagnosed at our place who were told something wrong. elsewhere. (i.e. PE vs bronchitis, mediastinal mass vs asthma, lung CA vs COPD...)

Staffing is inadequate during holidays when all the clinics are closed; I believe they should add a RN during those few times.
Although an ER, PALS is not required. As a casual, I will not get any reimbursement, therefore I let PALS lapse. I believe they should make it mandatory--and reimburse accordingly.

Upper management is mostly about themselves; although they claim they want input from the people that actually do pt care, all they really want is to indulge their adolescent fantasies. However, once in a while, they do get things right. Middle managers are usually very good or excellent.

Pay could be better. Other local facilities do pay more, so I don't know how the upper management arrive at the computation; maybe they take all the most rural areas of the state they can find, and average that? While in the meantime, they include the CEOs at Froedert when computing their own pay. I guess I can put up with that, rather than work at Aurora.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Upper management
fun, professional workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIFebruary 10, 2014
I enjoyed working with everyone working there. It was very professional but we all got along well and had fun. I enjoyed the type of work done.
Pros
professional, gave me experience
Cons
training could've been more in depth
Not effective with scheduling
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WISeptember 7, 2013
Being a home health aide/CNA and traveling around the county to care for patients in their homes proved to be a challenge. I don't believe the schedules were set up in an effective manner during the time I worked there. This caused unwanted backtracking and extra mileage. I enjoyed the one-on-one care in a personal setting with patients.
Pros
One-on-one care with patients in homes
Cons
Travel, expenses
Educator Duties
Educator (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMay 31, 2013
Programs:
Employee CPR annually
Placing clinical, non-clinical, and job shadows in our network
Communicating with employees, physicians, and high school and college school coordinators.
Conflict resolution/Problem solving programs for employees

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with every educational opportunity and staying organized. Many processes have been put in place to make things easier on the Education Department. Placing students in our network is an on-going opportunity and many students want to perform their clinical, non-clinical, and job shadowing experiences here. The process for this is quite lengthy because we want to make sure our network is safe and secure with this student and they have an exceptional experience.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing how happy the students are after they perform their experience in our network. Great experiences have been made and relationships with professionals at all levels. When this happens, I then know my hard work has paid off by helping these students get into the network for a great learning experience that will help them with their future career decisions.
Pros
Work with other employees, but also have time to work alone.
Cons
Not enough time in a day!
Worked 3rd shift in a great place with great people.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIDecember 12, 2012
If there would have been an opportunity for me to stay, to grow in my field or even just to get off of thrid shift so I could be with my family, I would have stayed with the company in a heartbeat. HFM is a great place to work with even better people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Family Memorial. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about