Holy Name Medical Center Employee Reviews

If you're not starving, work somewhere else
Decided not to deal with this individuals (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJFebruary 11, 2019
First of all, you need family or friends in order to be considered for employment. The HR is made up of incompetent, unsupervised workers without any job knowledge for the parties looking to be hired. The interview(s) are more of a formality discussing who knows who (the more social powerful the better for you). If you pass all this, you will receive a job offer. If you don't have anyone to list down as a 'referrer,' you have a zero chance of employment.

If you are not starving, look for a professional company that has still some ethical and decency left when it comes to the hiring process.
Pros
If you have family and rich friends of Holy Name Hospital, you're a shining star regardless how competent you are
Cons
Unethical, unqualified HR personnel
Family/patient oriented community
Registered Nurse- Medical Surgical (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJFebruary 11, 2019
Pleasant workplace and friendly staff. Good work ethics. Has good team work among all departments. DIslike the paper charting on top of the web charting, takes up too much time away from patient care.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
paper charting, salary
Good place to start volunteering as a teenager.
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJanuary 9, 2019
Sometimes the days were slow and there was not much to do, but it was still a good learning experience for young adults to learn hospitality, communication skills, and patient contact experience.
The worse place to work in New Jersey
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJanuary 6, 2019
I was working for almost a year in this horrible place, and trying to leave as soon i find out there is so much work place harrasment in the ER. Human Resources do not do anything to help employees but to put them down even more. I was accused of being late and transmitting negative to other employees when I successfully passed probation time and offered a full time position by the manager. I had to contact the department of labor and OCR department to defend myself from accusions made by the manager. Many employees get fired and so many left traumatized from this individual. You cant even collect unemployment because they send false reports to the unemployment office and give bad feedback when they get called for reference (so you wont get a new job). You cant even transfer to a different department, and they will start writing you up for things you never done or time has passed for you to remember (3 to 6 months). Management are not professional because of their lack of education.
Pros
None to be honest
Used to be a good place to work!!
Former Aide (Former Employee) –  NJJanuary 3, 2019
Poor management, they will work you hard till death but there's no recognition for what they call "Aides"
Unfortunately the floor I was working on I ended devastated every single day. Working with very few helpful nurses maybe 1 or 2 the rest of them will not work as a team they'll leave the aides work alone lifting heavy people themselves. Very selfish floor.
Stay away from Vietnam, where no one wants to float nobody wants to work there. I wish I've started in a different floor, my story will be different.
The only thing I missing from there are my good friends and people from environmental, humbled people I was blessed to have worked with them.
Vietnam needs a new Leader A.S.A.P
Pros
See my patients gets better
Cons
No discounts, expensive meals etc.
Review
Laboratory Courier (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJNovember 27, 2018
HNMC is a great place to work, feels like home and the staff is friendly and helpful. The hospital is clean and organized. The staff is great with patients and makes the patients feel like they're home.
Wish it was better
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJNovember 13, 2018
I've been with HN for almost 5 years now. Things are just getting worse. Management is horrible. They never know what is going on in the department. I always write e-mails with any issues so I have it on paper because nothing is ever solved so I need to prove it was brought to their attention. There is no room for advancing. They do not like to hire within. You can know your job and be cross trained & you still wont even be considered for a higher position. Raises are a few cents and the yearly bonus is getting cheaper by the year.
Pros
good family benefits
Cons
management doesnt care, yearly raise is not a true raise
yes nice place to work
Health Information Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJNovember 11, 2018
Coming to work every day was amazing everybody treat as family
very polite friendly, very warm place to spend 8 hrs of your life in holy name hospital medical center i may consider to go back to work there in the future,
Pros
very consider with employees the ceo Mihael Maron always looking out for the employees
Cons
Too much political stuff but besides that is great
productive
Senior Representative - Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJOctober 17, 2018
very relax atmosphere good training and great benefits. the culture is family like. typical day was working with patient on their bills. the hours were 8 to 4 monday through Friday with hoildays included.
Pros
pay
benefits
2 Stars for the Work Culture
Hospice Social Work (Former Employee) –  Saddle River, NJOctober 14, 2018
However, 5 stars for the care that will be provided to the families in need of a high-quality hospice! This is absolutely the place you want to take your family too. Hopefully behind closed doors, the CEO (who I have heard has great leadership skills), will work on the internal work culture with key staff members at the Villa and Holy Name Medical Center Home Hospice Program.
Pros
Such an important service that is being provided
Cons
Over-worked, Under Paid!!
Holy Name
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Bergen County, NJOctober 9, 2018
Extremely Busy and goals could change in an instant

Hard work pays off and there are great rewards in ones achievements

Management are open to let staff grow

The hardest part is getting everything done

The best part of the job is going home knowing you made a difference
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
you create your own cons, none that cannot be overcome
New Grad RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJOctober 2, 2018
Pros
Teamwork amongst nurses
Salary is fair to area
Great cafeteria options

Cons
Paper charting
Physician driven culture (poor interdisciplinary teamwork)
Poor culture of safety (you’re taught to blow things off so as not bother physicians)
Close minded environment
Favoritism by management that does not allow for job growth
Fosters culture of nurse bullying and horizontal and lateral violence
Nasty and unhelpful nurse recruiter

Advice to Management
Learn to get with the times. Stop caring so much about patient safety scores that your nurses lose basic nursing care because they’re focused on pleasing everyone. Focus on changing your toxic culture because this is causing your high turnover rate.
Productive, Innovative, Flexible,Supportive,Enjoyable, Great Intuition
Administrative Director of Quality (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 27, 2018
Great hospital, staff members and caring senior managers. Innovative hospital with creative ideas to improve processes and willingness to assist employees. Excellent and competitive salary.
unit secretary
Unit secretary (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJ 07666September 24, 2018
standard administrative responsibilities, such as answering phones, making copies, scheduling appointments and maintaining supplies. Additionally, I admit patients, administer and maintain patient records, break down medical charts for record keeping. Also communicate with the clinical staff to ensure all appropriate patient information is gathered.
Benefits are excellent
Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 20, 2018
Nice place to work. Office staff is very friendly and helpful. Health Benefits are excellent as is the 401k. The Director is very flexible with time off etc.
Cons
Not many holidays off
HR will lie to you!
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  TeaneckSeptember 20, 2018
While interviewing and during my hiring process I was offered “incredible benefits and 28 days PTO”. I’ve been working there almost 6 months and can hardly use my 10 days of PTO earned because we are so understaffed. The medical benefits are terrible because you can ONLY use them at a holy name provider. HR will tell you anything to get you to work here. They will low ball your salary but hype up the benefits to make it seem like they make up for it. Stay away... Especially the radiology department!
Pros
Great coworkers.
Cons
PTO that you are unable to use.
great place to work
C-Suite Executive Support (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at HolyName. Team and Manager was very supportive, and congenial. Good work life balance. Given alot of autonomy to do my work. Respected. Treated fairly.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance
Cons
Low salaries
good
Intern (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 13, 2018
did not work here for that long but it was a good environment. kind doctors and staff. very helpful in terms of their work as well as the internship understanding.
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 29, 2018
Holy Name ER Registration is a decent place to work if you'd like to be able to gain experience and see what it's like to be in the ER. The job does ask a lot of you and sometimes staffing could be an issue. Overall, however, it is a good place to work.
It is a friendly atmosphere in the hospital and you have to roll with the punches.
HEALTHCARE VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 28, 2018
When I say roll with the punches I mean you have to keep a friendly attitude with some mean patients. During my shift I would have to discharge patients with a wheelchair when they were ready to go home. I would also help give directions to either visitors or patients.
Pros
free lunch and buying coffee from a Starbucks area
Cons
vending machine snacks and no cursing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Name Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Holy Name Medical Center Reviews by Location