Holy Name Medical Center Employee Reviews

Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 29, 2018
Holy Name ER Registration is a decent place to work if you'd like to be able to gain experience and see what it's like to be in the ER. The job does ask a lot of you and sometimes staffing could be an issue. Overall, however, it is a good place to work.
It is a friendly atmosphere in the hospital and you have to roll with the punches.
HEALTHCARE VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 28, 2018
When I say roll with the punches I mean you have to keep a friendly attitude with some mean patients. During my shift I would have to discharge patients with a wheelchair when they were ready to go home. I would also help give directions to either visitors or patients.
Pros
free lunch and buying coffee from a Starbucks area
Cons
vending machine snacks and no cursing
good place to work if they explain duties from the begining
Patient support/ reimbursement specialist (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 23, 2018
good place to work if they explain duties from the beginning, also they combine 2 tittles in one, no set up guidelines for training, a lot of pressure during training.
Great Safe Patient Care
ICU Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 4, 2018
People are great here to work with, I trust them with my loved ones lives. The negative came in the compensation. Paid far less than all of the area hospitals and facilities.
Worked as GN
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJuly 29, 2018
Had support from Nursing Supervisors when working as GN and when home from college. Never had any issues to address as far as management was concerned.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Distacne to work
Great work / Life balance
Worker (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJuly 16, 2018
We have a great CEO. Although you do not see him much, when he comes to the employee caf, he speaks to all with the same level of respect. Waits his turn in the line at the caf. Effective leader.

One of the few companies to offer Christmas bonuses! Our annual Christmas Party is legendary.

The other perks they give, though few, are well appreciated.
Pros
Treats the staff far better than their competitors
Cons
advancement only for the "game players", little room for growth
I really enjoyed working at HNMC Psychiatric Department
Psychiatric Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Emergency Room and Psychiatric DepartmentJune 24, 2018
I would truly love to work, again, at Holy Name Medical Center's Psychiatric Department. Everyone from the staff to the patients were a pleasure to work with and I would Truly be Blessed to work there! MF
Work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 16, 2018
The work environment was stressful enough, but you worked with people who all had the same goal. Non competitive. Strong work ethics and growth to always learn more. Ability to work independently but there was always someone available for backup.
Place to grow on skills, and learn on new advances especially on new equipment, technology and treatments.
Holy Name
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 11, 2018
The department I worked my internship was a wonderful learning experience. The department worked well together and because of this the patients had a very good experience.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Late hours
Nice place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 7, 2018
The job is easy and is good for side income. Not much room for advancement. Staff is very friendly and the facility is very nice. Would take a job in another department if it was given.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
no room for advancement
Offers Good Learning Environment for Nursing Students
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 4, 2018
As a nursing student doing my last medical surgery clinical rotations, Holy Name Medical Center was a progressive hospital with great nursing staff that was interested in helping the students while also allowing us to be autonomous.
Still stuck in The Ice Ages. Still paper charting and every floor charts differently
Registered Nurse (ICU) (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMay 17, 2018
Horrible place to work! The doctors are rude and nasty! Racism is evident at this hospital! No room for growth at all. The pay is so low and everyone gets paid the same no matter you experience
Pros
Its a paycheck... i guess
Cons
Nice place to work very organized
Phlebotomy Tech (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMay 16, 2018
A very nice place to work, this hospital care about their patients and the employees very up date with the technology on every department, every one is very professional .
Pros
free lunch
Fast paced
Financial Counselor- Medicaid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJApril 16, 2018
Overall experience is great, however does not pay enough for work responsibility. The people are friendly and coworkers can be cut throat. Not much room for growth.
Cons
off site parking
Small facility
WOC Nurse (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJApril 16, 2018
The facility is not tolerant of all racial groups. I learned how to create relationships that would help me to be productive. The hardest part was getting the staff to respect me in spite of my race.
Pros
Very supportive of the nurses
Cons
Intolerant
Workplace to show your limited skills
Cook (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJApril 9, 2018
I went to culinary school to learn the arts & to perform my skill set from which I learn in school yet you are limited to your craft. When you are in a restaurant business you are tested & competion is harder yet it bring the best of your ability. In the hospital you are limited & confine to a lesser degree of yourself which doesn't alllow for you grow mentally and spiritually.
Pros
Convenient & fresh food
Cons
Short breaks / too much work & not enough help
Unprofessional and management turns a blind eye to problems
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 24, 2018
Depending on the dept you work for, there are cliques and harassment and managers play favorites, run as fast as you can.
It looked good from the outside but the reality was very disappointing.
fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 20, 2018
I restocked all there supplies that were needed at the time. I helped out the secretary, nurses, and patient care techs whenever they needed something as well.
Worst place ever
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 16, 2018
The hospital hires and fired they have no respect for people they think we are robots. I would never recommend this place to work or even go. I am shocked the joint commission has not shut them down yet.
Pros
Good cow workers
Petty, unprofessional
Total Rewards Manager (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 12, 2018
I would NOT recommend Holy Name Hospital to anyone who is looking for a rewarding career. Those in charge have little to no managerial skills, the nurses and medical staff are obnoxious, the place smells and is very old, unprofessional by all standards.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Name Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Holy Name Medical Center Reviews by Location