Holy Name Medical Center Employee Reviews

Wish it was better
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJNovember 13, 2018
I've been with HN for almost 5 years now. Things are just getting worse. Management is horrible. They never know what is going on in the department. I always write e-mails with any issues so I have it on paper because nothing is ever solved so I need to prove it was brought to their attention. There is no room for advancing. They do not like to hire within. You can know your job and be cross trained & you still wont even be considered for a higher position. Raises are a few cents and the yearly bonus is getting cheaper by the year.
Pros
good family benefits
Cons
management doesnt care, yearly raise is not a true raise
productive
Senior Representative - Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJOctober 17, 2018
very relax atmosphere good training and great benefits. the culture is family like. typical day was working with patient on their bills. the hours were 8 to 4 monday through Friday with hoildays included.
Pros
pay
benefits
a place where work is valued but poorly managed employee morals and cohesion
Director of Community Programs (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJOctober 13, 2018
While some aspect of working for Holy Name Medical Center was good, overall it is not a great place to work with no clear mission or inter department cohesion and culture encouraged. There is a lack of communication channel and route at all levels.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
culture that does not promote healthy communication and interaction among its employees
Holy Name
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Bergen County, NJOctober 9, 2018
Extremely Busy and goals could change in an instant

Hard work pays off and there are great rewards in ones achievements

Management are open to let staff grow

The hardest part is getting everything done

The best part of the job is going home knowing you made a difference
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
you create your own cons, none that cannot be overcome
New Grad RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJOctober 2, 2018
Pros
Teamwork amongst nurses
Salary is fair to area
Great cafeteria options

Cons
Paper charting
Physician driven culture (poor interdisciplinary teamwork)
Poor culture of safety (you’re taught to blow things off so as not bother physicians)
Close minded environment
Favoritism by management that does not allow for job growth
Fosters culture of nurse bullying and horizontal and lateral violence
Nasty and unhelpful nurse recruiter

Advice to Management
Learn to get with the times. Stop caring so much about patient safety scores that your nurses lose basic nursing care because they’re focused on pleasing everyone. Focus on changing your toxic culture because this is causing your high turnover rate.
Productive, Innovative, Flexible,Supportive,Enjoyable, Great Intuition
Administrative Director of Quality (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 27, 2018
Great hospital, staff members and caring senior managers. Innovative hospital with creative ideas to improve processes and willingness to assist employees. Excellent and competitive salary.
unit secretary
Unit secretary (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJ 07666September 24, 2018
standard administrative responsibilities, such as answering phones, making copies, scheduling appointments and maintaining supplies. Additionally, I admit patients, administer and maintain patient records, break down medical charts for record keeping. Also communicate with the clinical staff to ensure all appropriate patient information is gathered.
HR will lie to you!
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  TeaneckSeptember 20, 2018
While interviewing and during my hiring process I was offered “incredible benefits and 28 days PTO”. I’ve been working there almost 6 months and can hardly use my 10 days of PTO earned because we are so understaffed. The medical benefits are terrible because you can ONLY use them at a holy name provider. HR will tell you anything to get you to work here. They will low ball your salary but hype up the benefits to make it seem like they make up for it. Stay away... Especially the radiology department!
Pros
Great coworkers.
Cons
PTO that you are unable to use.
great place to work
C-Suite Executive Support (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at HolyName. Team and Manager was very supportive, and congenial. Good work life balance. Given alot of autonomy to do my work. Respected. Treated fairly.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance
Cons
Low salaries
good
Intern (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 13, 2018
did not work here for that long but it was a good environment. kind doctors and staff. very helpful in terms of their work as well as the internship understanding.
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 29, 2018
Holy Name ER Registration is a decent place to work if you'd like to be able to gain experience and see what it's like to be in the ER. The job does ask a lot of you and sometimes staffing could be an issue. Overall, however, it is a good place to work.
It is a friendly atmosphere in the hospital and you have to roll with the punches.
HEALTHCARE VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 28, 2018
When I say roll with the punches I mean you have to keep a friendly attitude with some mean patients. During my shift I would have to discharge patients with a wheelchair when they were ready to go home. I would also help give directions to either visitors or patients.
Pros
free lunch and buying coffee from a Starbucks area
Cons
vending machine snacks and no cursing
good place to work if they explain duties from the begining
Patient support/ reimbursement specialist (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 23, 2018
good place to work if they explain duties from the beginning, also they combine 2 tittles in one, no set up guidelines for training, a lot of pressure during training.
Great Safe Patient Care
ICU Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJAugust 4, 2018
People are great here to work with, I trust them with my loved ones lives. The negative came in the compensation. Paid far less than all of the area hospitals and facilities.
Worked as GN
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJuly 29, 2018
Had support from Nursing Supervisors when working as GN and when home from college. Never had any issues to address as far as management was concerned.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Distacne to work
Great work / Life balance
Worker (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJuly 16, 2018
We have a great CEO. Although you do not see him much, when he comes to the employee caf, he speaks to all with the same level of respect. Waits his turn in the line at the caf. Effective leader.

One of the few companies to offer Christmas bonuses! Our annual Christmas Party is legendary.

The other perks they give, though few, are well appreciated.
Pros
Treats the staff far better than their competitors
Cons
advancement only for the "game players", little room for growth
I really enjoyed working at HNMC Psychiatric Department
Psychiatric Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Emergency Room and Psychiatric DepartmentJune 24, 2018
I would truly love to work, again, at Holy Name Medical Center's Psychiatric Department. Everyone from the staff to the patients were a pleasure to work with and I would Truly be Blessed to work there! MF
Work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 16, 2018
The work environment was stressful enough, but you worked with people who all had the same goal. Non competitive. Strong work ethics and growth to always learn more. Ability to work independently but there was always someone available for backup.
Place to grow on skills, and learn on new advances especially on new equipment, technology and treatments.
Holy Name
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 11, 2018
The department I worked my internship was a wonderful learning experience. The department worked well together and because of this the patients had a very good experience.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Late hours
Nice place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 7, 2018
The job is easy and is good for side income. Not much room for advancement. Staff is very friendly and the facility is very nice. Would take a job in another department if it was given.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Name Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Holy Name Medical Center Reviews by Location