Holy Name Medical Center Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed working at HNMC Psychiatric Department
Psychiatric Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Emergency Room and Psychiatric DepartmentJune 24, 2018
I would truly love to work, again, at Holy Name Medical Center's Psychiatric Department. Everyone from the staff to the patients were a pleasure to work with and I would Truly be Blessed to work there! MF
Work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 16, 2018
The work environment was stressful enough, but you worked with people who all had the same goal. Non competitive. Strong work ethics and growth to always learn more. Ability to work independently but there was always someone available for backup.
Place to grow on skills, and learn on new advances especially on new equipment, technology and treatments.
Holy Name
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 11, 2018
The department I worked my internship was a wonderful learning experience. The department worked well together and because of this the patients had a very good experience.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Late hours
Nice place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 7, 2018
The job is easy and is good for side income. Not much room for advancement. Staff is very friendly and the facility is very nice. Would take a job in another department if it was given.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
no room for advancement
Offers Good Learning Environment for Nursing Students
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 4, 2018
As a nursing student doing my last medical surgery clinical rotations, Holy Name Medical Center was a progressive hospital with great nursing staff that was interested in helping the students while also allowing us to be autonomous.
Still stuck in The Ice Ages. Still paper charting and every floor charts differently
Registered Nurse (ICU) (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMay 17, 2018
Horrible place to work! The doctors are rude and nasty! Racism is evident at this hospital! No room for growth at all. The pay is so low and everyone gets paid the same no matter you experience
Pros
Its a paycheck... i guess
Cons
Nice place to work very organized
Phlebotomy Tech (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMay 16, 2018
A very nice place to work, this hospital care about their patients and the employees very up date with the technology on every department, every one is very professional .
Pros
free lunch
Fast paced
Financial Counselor- Medicaid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJApril 16, 2018
Overall experience is great, however does not pay enough for work responsibility. The people are friendly and coworkers can be cut throat. Not much room for growth.
Cons
off site parking
Small facility
WOC Nurse (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJApril 16, 2018
The facility is not tolerant of all racial groups. I learned how to create relationships that would help me to be productive. The hardest part was getting the staff to respect me in spite of my race.
Pros
Very supportive of the nurses
Cons
Intolerant
Workplace to show your limited skills
Cook (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJApril 9, 2018
I went to culinary school to learn the arts & to perform my skill set from which I learn in school yet you are limited to your craft. When you are in a restaurant business you are tested & competion is harder yet it bring the best of your ability. In the hospital you are limited & confine to a lesser degree of yourself which doesn't alllow for you grow mentally and spiritually.
Pros
Convenient & fresh food
Cons
Short breaks / too much work & not enough help

Want to know more about Holy Name Medical Center?

Ask a question
Unprofessional and management turns a blind eye to problems
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 24, 2018
Depending on the dept you work for, there are cliques and harassment and managers play favorites, run as fast as you can.
It looked good from the outside but the reality was very disappointing.
fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 20, 2018
I restocked all there supplies that were needed at the time. I helped out the secretary, nurses, and patient care techs whenever they needed something as well.
Worst place ever
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 16, 2018
The hospital hires and fired they have no respect for people they think we are robots. I would never recommend this place to work or even go. I am shocked the joint commission has not shut them down yet.
Pros
Good cow workers
Petty, unprofessional
Total Rewards Manager (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 12, 2018
I would NOT recommend Holy Name Hospital to anyone who is looking for a rewarding career. Those in charge have little to no managerial skills, the nurses and medical staff are obnoxious, the place smells and is very old, unprofessional by all standards.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the place
Excellent
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teaneck NJMarch 11, 2018
One of the best hospital to work and I wish that a hospital with the quality are here and that there willing to give peoples like me a chance and to show then what a great worker I am
Good employees
EVENING SUPERVISOR FOR ENVIRONMENTAL (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 5, 2018
If we have more autonomy to work with it would be great, I felt like we didn't need to be micro managed, they had personal pass issues with certain employees ,which they wanted to be discipled , I believe we resolved them and had those employees more productive, but they did not see it that way, so their were some compromising that we had to work with.
Pros
Good employee
Cons
high travel expense
It is a great place to work .
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJFebruary 23, 2018
As a teamwork the area always is very busy.
At any moment you're learning a lot.
My manager is a good leader.
I love to work with a variety culture.
The hardest part of the job it when we can not do what we can do it.
The most enjoyable time it is when most of the people of the team agree to it.
review
Certified/Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJFebruary 21, 2018
I was a reliable, energetic pharmacy technician who was always there when needed and worked odd hours to cover as well as train many technicians throughout the years. Technicians that started after me with less experience were getting more money than i.
I worked with many directors who cared about their workers. I always found any drugs they were looking for and any problems always solved. Hardily took breaks to allow other to take their extended breaks. d
Fast paced
Pharmacy Technician - Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJFebruary 19, 2018
Pharmacy Dept was very fast paced and constantly busy, delivery few times throughout day, batch process of IV meds and patient specific meds, clean up of old meds as well as IVs
Pros
Friendly atmosphere for most part
Cons
No advancement for Pharm Techs unless your in Pharm school
productive,fast pace enviroment
Patient Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJFebruary 6, 2018
the good, the bad, and the ugly of corporate world.

The opportunity to help people at their lowest moment with compassion and kindness is very fulfilling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Name Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Holy Name Medical Center Reviews by Location