Holy Names University Employee Reviews

Different days with different stories.
Writing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 27, 2018
A typical day at work consists of waiting for an appointment or walk-in. I love getting to know students and have them feel comfortable. I like speaking about their assignment in order to complete it, it makes it easier on them.
Relaxed working environment
Business Office Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 6, 2018
Job culture is relaxed. Everyone that works there is nice and welcoming to new individuals. Working with students, staff, and faculty is the best part of the job.
Much fun
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 1, 2018
Loved to be there for 9 months. A very cooperative team, really adorable students, nice time among my colleagues. I offer everybody to apply for a job at that institution.
Pros
Healthy lunch and dinner
Amazing Staff
Operations Specialist / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 18, 2018
I had the pleasure of working with staff from across the campus and I must say it was a pleasure to work with them. Staff do not get the recognition they deserve from faculty members for their work and workloads.
It is what you make it
Graduate Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 10, 2018
HNU is a great place to learn sports operations as a young coach. You are able to gain hands on experience in all aspects of coaching and athletic operations. There are obstacles to overcome, but it is up to you whether you dive into them and learn or back off and complain.
Pros
Living
Cons
Finacial
Professional Environment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Give tours to prospective students that wanted to attend HNU. On off days, student ambassador's job is to work on projects that were assigned and inout data.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
short breaks
Private University with serious financial problems
Director, Corporate & Foundation Giving (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 20, 2017
With decreasing enrollment and an undergraduate graduation rate of less than 35%, coupled with an institutional budget of $15 million, Holy Names University represents a truly difficult working environment.
Pros
Cons
No room for professional growth
Mission driven university with wonderful diversity
ASST. PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 14, 2017
Great staff, wonderful students, supportive faculty and good compensation.
I am most impressed with the ethnic and cultural diversity of the student body and how the diversity contributes to the vibrant campus life.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Limited class schedule
good
Accompanist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 21, 2017
i'm a contract worker, with very few and random hours. i work with music teachers in the preparatory music department, and the teachers i work with are very nice to work with.
N/a
Teachers Apprenticeship Program Assistant Temp (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 19, 2017
A typical day at work for me is assisting to the needs of the faculty in the Education Department at HNU. Some of those duties include Sending out emails to inform students and faculty members of important events, reserving meeting spaces, creating surveys to assess student and teacher performance, and analyzing various forms of data.
Colllege Baseball
Starting Pitcher (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 25, 2017
This was where I went to college. I also played baseball at the university for 4 years so it wasnt exactly a job. Just my experience playing ball and getting my degree.
Great private school
LAB INTERN (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 17, 2017
Holy Names University is a great institution settled on the Oakland Hills overlooking the entire bay area with a breath-taking view. Small class sizes offers all students to have a personal approach with the subject at hand and the professors.
Holy Names University
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 14, 2017
HNU is a university with old views on diversity and younger professionals. Human Resources must follow the protocol of the veteran administrative professionals at all times. I pray for change with their staff management and financial situations.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
growth, quality managers, and community opinions
Excellent Workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 27, 2017
Holy Names University was an experience i will never forget. Being able to work with the father and campus ministry was extremely rewarding and fun. It got me involved with the school.
Pros
Free meals
Amazing workplace, incredibly thoughtful environment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 13, 2017
Holy Names University is a very diverse university as well as their staff is incredibly skilled, helpful and understanding. While working on my undergraduate degree, they are very understanding when it comes to creating a schedule, very flexible with the life/work balance. Most importantly, everyone is friendly! You don't have to worry about conflict in the workplace, everyone is kind and always has a smile on their face. Very positive work environment.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
As a student, it is hard to advance
Great Students to work with and teach
Adjunct Lecturer (Current Employee) –  25800 Mountain BlvdJune 6, 2017
A great place to teach and foster the development of young people into contributing professionals. The students are overall willing to engage in ideas though there is a lot of desire for an A without putting forward the necessary effort
Pros
Great place to work when I get an assignment
Cons
Not enough assignments and full time opportunities
Diversity
Athletic Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 7, 2017
The workplace is so diverse and have many different perspective which make the work easier because everyone puts in their ideas. I enjoyed working as a student, it really helps me financially.
Nice sports related job while in school
Statistician / Score Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 20, 2017
Get to the gym or field about 45 minutes to an hour before game time and help set up cables and equipment. Run stat sheets and score reports before games.
Quiet and relaxing area with good job opportunities
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 6, 2017
This school is very small but has very rewarding traits. The more you get involved, the more you will make of it. The jobs I have experienced here have propelled me to seek the types of jobs that I am today. The people here are great and love working with each student or employee one on one. However, school finances are a problem. The administration does not do a great job of communicating to students the activities going on that will affect our majors, tuition, etc.. Other than that this is a school where you will receive the attention you need to help you succeed if you choose to make the most of it.
Pros
Small classes, great people, job opportunities
Cons
communication, budget
Volunteer position
Men's assistant coach (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I took Holy Names University as an opportunity to get myself in the College level in the U.S.
The head coach at the time was very professional, the school itself wasn't organized very well but as far as my experience on the field, it was really good/