Holy Redeemer Health System Employee Reviews

Manger is amazing but ..
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 2, 2018
Holy redeemer is the cheapest paying hospital and for the amount of work you have to do it’s horrible. You could be here for 10 years with not one raise. You don’t get lunch breaks like you are supposed to. Your basically there servants, and this isn’t 1966. Everyone who leaves , mainly leaves because they don’t pay. Income in everyday life raises every year, Holy redeemer does not accommodate with that.
Pros
My manager
Cons
Pay, no breaks, no set schedules
Has changed over the years.
Account Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2018
Been here for 11 years and things have changed drastically. There have been no cost of living raises for years. No merit raises. Very small bonuses. No room for advancement.
did not care for management
Lab Assist./Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PASeptember 18, 2018
great fun place to work, loved the employees. cafeteria was horrible. no raises. direct boss was a nighmare to work with. was micromanaged and lied to on a daily basis.
Great at first, but was blindsided by managenent
Lead Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 16, 2019
Worked there after my residency. Was told I would be a great fit for the company, 2 weeks after I started I was called and berated for something they didn't cover in training. A couple months later I was pestered on vacation for something that also wasn't my fault came back was written up, when questioned I was again berated. Patient census dwindles and they want me to use "my charm" to drum up business. I ask for a car because I out 40k on in a year, they say no, but the more senior chaplain got one the next day...... double standards, caddiness, breaking hippa daily, breaking regs all day eveyday.... and the pay forget it, it's about 25k power than any other employer in the area. Long story short I work for another hospice and all is well and I would not reccomend this place for employment. Run if you can.
Pros
Lower management and nurses are fantastic
Cons
Most everything else
Low Pay and Clicky Office environment
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2018
Low Pay, no raises, ok medical & dental, caddy clicks, mgr part of gossip -play favorites,"sink or swim" training, ok as temp job DO NOT GET STUCK RUN
Pros
Decent Medical and Dental Benefits, make money until better opportunity comes up
Cons
Low Pay, no raises or bonuses, Clicks, favoritism, negative atmosphere
Very family oriented
Hospice Aide/Home Health aide (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 28, 2018
I loved working for Holy Redeemer. No problems when you had family emergencies or days off. Which was a big for me because my husband had a heart problem with a lot of dr. Appt. for. I loved working with the Hospice Department because it made me feel good that your helping clients feel more relaxed about the end of life and at Holy Redeemer I learned a lot about end of life and how important life is and how to treat people who were very depressed and needed to be comforted
Pros
They paid for your mileage and offered dental and health benefits.
Bad job
General (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 21, 2018
I, personally, would not recommend any Holy Redeemer health system facility for employment or care. I felt that the work standard was to lie and cover up. My opinion is that my co-workers were very shady. That sort of work ethic was not up to my standards. If I am correct, and they do lie so readily to employees......who else do they lie to? Holy Redeemer seems to be on the decline fast. Their stocks, lawsuits, and ratings are concerning. They claim that they are in the process of removing Holy and Sisters from their name, in order to better appease the public. Bad idea. ADVICE to consumers...if you are worried about your treatment or have a negative gut feeling about the care of your loved one...please trust your gut instinct. If something looks "off", then it probably is. Trust your instincts and leave the facility or remove your loved one. If you are happy and comfortable, then continue to receive care from the facility. My gut instinct told me to leave. Good luck!
Pros
Cons
I loved all of my patients, residents, and customers.
There weren’t any room for advancement so I resign..
First cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 17, 2018
Co workers are respectful the customers are generally nice, the previous food and nutrition management was much more heads up, I work there for 15 years and never had any issue until this new company came doesn’t have anything nice to say sorry..
Pros
Customers and visitors are very respectful
Cons
Low pay, and manager don’t take time to listen the workers
Employees need morale boost
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2018
It is Lacking in professionalizm. Morale is low, employees are not valued, managment is not very innovative. The healthcare system as a whole needs to be updated to a competitive pace.
Pros
It has potential to be better
Cons
No autonomy
Challenging
Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 26, 2018
This place has its challenges from referral sources dwindling and competitive agencies literally poaching patients. Marketing needs to step up to make this agency more visible to the community.
There are more kind and helpful people than those bad apples mentioned in past reviews. Individuals complain and never offer positive and/ or kind works to their colleagues. People are responsible for their own actions and consequences. As a result, management should weed out those that really don't care about the agency and terminate them. No matter how many years or seniority an individual has, it doesn't give them the right to simply be mean.
At the end of the day, patients are the ones that really need our full attention. This company really does try to do that. Remember it's a business and there are things management has to do to keep this company afloat. Employees really have to keep this in mind.
Pros
Office staff wonderful and helpful, Management tries to be supportive esp. in challenging times, Flexible scheduling
Cons
Working with negative people who don't want to adapt to changes, Bringing the rest down who really want to appreciate this company
Great place to work. Staff worked together and as a team
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntington Valley, NVFebruary 12, 2019
I liked working at Holy Redeemer hospital. Very flexible schedule, great team. Good pay. Learning opportunities.
Administration was good. Worked with staff
Pros
Flexible, great pay for per diem
On the decline
Homecare therapist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 22, 2018
Care, comfort, heal...that's their saying...just not as true anymore. Especially when it comes to how they view / treat employees. "Yes people" are promoted, not those who are best qualified with fresh vision, but those that will just do as they are told and enforce this same mentality. Told many times not to question..."just do it". Professionals with licenses need to be able to question and should always be well informed. Besides, why wouldn't management want input from such well educated and dedicated staff? Hmmmm.... Management nearly always looking to tear down, not build up. Former clinicians in high places of management / authority are out of touch with being clinicians and their knowledge of their own systems is suffering. This also shows in their growing disrespect for constructive suggestions from the clinicians active in their respective fields. They treat these well educated, dedicated employees with disdain for daring to point out where the health system is failing and could do better. Really a shame...it was different when the Sisters of the Holy Redeemer were more active in the mission of healthcare. Currently no evidence of the sisters being involved. Not sure why. Frustrating.... simply frustrating. Oh, almost forgot...they were always just a mediocre payor, often no cost of living increase for 4 to 5 yrs - in fact that is the norm - but the benefits used to make up for it. Recent changes in benefits, too numerous to mention, have now made them a mediocre payor with less than average benefits. Totally dropped an employer funded pension in favor of 403b (like  more... 401k) match which effectively DECREASED their contribution to retirement by 65 to 70%. For example, from an anticipated pension contribution of $8000/yr, down to a $3300/yr match, IF employee contributes amount to max company contribution. Rumor that pay would increase post benefit changes, but alas......  less
Pros
Hard to find any positives
Cons
Reduced benefits, poor employee morale
It’s a ok place to work. Don’t pay much for all the work you do.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PASeptember 14, 2018
They need to educate their CNA’s better in ethics. A few of them are ghetto and unprofessional. Management needs to do something about that instead of sweeping it under the rug.
Pros
Cons
Rushed breaks, racism
If your not friends with management don't expect to be treated equally
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2017
Its a nice place to work for, but if your not friends with management they pick an choose their not fair. There's no room for growth , to get a raise is a struggle . Its a shame its a nice hospital. But alot of it needs to be look at to improve for staff to be happy.
Pros
Clean enviroment.
Cons
Short breaks
Not a good place to work nobody cares your just a body
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Meadowbrook, PAOctober 2, 2013
Look elsewhere as a current employee in dietary there no advancement you will be stuck on the same position for years. Management will always hire from the outside or you have to be management favorite pet to move up. This company don't handle situation at all if there a problem the pay is low compare to other hospital it's not worth it. Management also is racist against people with ethic background I wouldn't be surprise if there a law suite against them and I'm a white person so I see it with my on eyes and or hear what they say about them. There favorite saying is "it is what it is" no body cares look else where if you want a positive work environment
Pros
Good health benefits if your full time
Cons
Unstable work environment, have if the staff have major issues
Does not live by its values
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PAJuly 12, 2017
No Raises
No Flexibility
People are not treated equally.
Time management is terrible. If you pass a facility on your way in, instead of clocking in and working, they want you to drive all the way to the hospital to clock in and get back in your car and turn around and go back 10 miles.
It is a Care, Comfort and Heal values and none of them are present.
Pros
Cons
Management of IT department, NO flexibility, No Raises
They are a nice company
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Swainton NJAugust 5, 2018
Holy Redeemer was a nice group.It had some internal problems at the management level.It was a good work experience.I enjoyed my time there .I like the mission statement.
Pros
great nurses
Cons
If you are desperate for a food service job, apply!
FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Meadowbrook, Pa Huntingdon PikeApril 25, 2014
Do not expect to get much out of the food service department but HEADACHES and unfair treatment. I am no longer a worker at the hospital but it was very UNORGANIZED , UNSANITARY , peoples wages are determined by who you know not what you know and the atmosphere is very saddening. I was a worker at this facility for years and would never look back. Supervisors are hired from anywhere outside with NO EXPERIENCE and managers know nothing about managing. RACISM RULES HOLY REDEEMER SO BE PREPARED!
Pros
The dental insurance is cheap
Cons
Racism, No raises, Filthy kitchen, No experience needed for any position
Enjoyed working with each client.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 31, 2018
Enjoy the classes & working for the company...I had to travel a little but the clients were so pleasant...I received many compliments & enjoyed meeting different people.
Pros
Pleasant People
Cons
Traveling time
ok
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2018
Holy Redeemer is okay to work at, management isn't always on your side. They take the residents side over there employees. Hardest park of my job was working nights, they had no day shift open spots to switch so I applied to 5 pool positions and never heard anything back on my application.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Redeemer Health System. Our community is ready to answer.