Holy Redeemer Health System Employee Reviews

Challenging
Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 26, 2018
This place has its challenges from referral sources dwindling and competitive agencies literally poaching patients. Marketing needs to step up to make this agency more visible to the community.
There are more kind and helpful people than those bad apples mentioned in past reviews. Individuals complain and never offer positive and/ or kind works to their colleagues. People are responsible for their own actions and consequences. As a result, management should weed out those that really don't care about the agency and terminate them. No matter how many years or seniority an individual has, it doesn't give them the right to simply be mean.
At the end of the day, patients are the ones that really need our full attention. This company really does try to do that. Remember it's a business and there are things management has to do to keep this company afloat. Employees really have to keep this in mind.
Pros
Office staff wonderful and helpful, Management tries to be supportive esp. in challenging times, Flexible scheduling
Cons
Working with negative people who don't want to adapt to changes, Bringing the rest down who really want to appreciate this company
Friendly place to work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAMay 29, 2018
Staff Is wonderful to work with. I worked there for 16 years. I started in transport and was able to work my way to Materials Management. Not stopping there I became a Unit Clerk before I worked my way to becoming a personal care assistant.
Low Pay and Clicky Office environment
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2018
Low Pay, no raises, ok medical & dental, caddy clicks, mgr part of gossip -play favorites,"sink or swim" training, ok as temp job DO NOT GET STUCK RUN
Pros
Decent Medical and Dental Benefits, make money until better opportunity comes up
Cons
Low Pay, no raises or bonuses, Clicks, favoritism, negative atmosphere
horrible place to work
Hospice Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Runnemede, NJApril 30, 2018
will never go back will never suggest anyone work here. They are not very friendly and no one there knows what to do. Whenever you needed something you were left on your own to figure it out and months later it would come back that it was wrong and you would get in trouble for it and then you still needed help but no one was willing to help you just make sure that your life there was a horrible experience.
On the decline
Homecare therapist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 22, 2018
Care, comfort, heal...that's their saying...just not as true anymore. Especially when it comes to how they view / treat employees. "Yes people" are promoted, not those who are best qualified with fresh vision, but those that will just do as they are told and enforce this same mentality. Told many times not to question..."just do it". Professionals with licenses need to be able to question and should always be well informed. Besides, why wouldn't management want input from such well educated and dedicated staff? Hmmmm.... Management nearly always looking to tear down, not build up. Former clinicians in high places of management / authority are out of touch with being clinicians and their knowledge of their own systems is suffering. This also shows in their growing disrespect for constructive suggestions from the clinicians active in their respective fields. They treat these well educated, dedicated employees with disdain for daring to point out where the health system is failing and could do better. Really a shame...it was different when the Sisters of the Holy Redeemer were more active in the mission of healthcare. Currently no evidence of the sisters being involved. Not sure why. Frustrating.... simply frustrating. Oh, almost forgot...they were always just a mediocre payor, often no cost of living increase for 4 to 5 yrs - in fact that is the norm - but the benefits used to make up for it. Recent changes in benefits, too numerous to mention, have now made them a mediocre payor with less than average benefits. Totally dropped an employer funded pension in favor of 403b (like  more... 401k) match which effectively DECREASED their contribution to retirement by 65 to 70%. For example, from an anticipated pension contribution of $8000/yr, down to a $3300/yr match, IF employee contributes amount to max company contribution. Rumor that pay would increase post benefit changes, but alas......  less
Pros
Hard to find any positives
Cons
Reduced benefits, poor employee morale
Learning Home Health Care industry
Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 22, 2018
Holy Redeemer enabled me to gain many levels of experience in the Home Health Care industry. Including Field Registered Nurse, Case Manager in Field, Central Intake, Private Pay Supervisor and Triage weekend scheduler of Home Health Care clinicians and on Call assignments when necessary.
Pros
Team Family environment
Cons
not full time
Team approach to provide the highest quality of care
Director of Maternal Child Services (Current Employee) –  Meadowbrook, PAApril 8, 2018
HR is an integrated health system providing acute, and long term care. HR strives to meet patient expectations by providing an engaged patient experience. We meet all regulatory guidelines and improve quality of care.
an enjoyable experience
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 4, 2018
Holy Redeemer is a pleasant work environment. A typical day consists of 8-10 patients depending on the need. I spend a considerable amount of time charting after hours. I recently moved from case manager position to a floating position , then back to a case manager.
Pros
independence
Cons
long work hours
Horrible place to work
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2018
This is the most disrespectful place I have ever work for in my life. The pay is awful, management is not professional, and they took our pension away
Pros
Clocking out
Cons
Clocking in
Very family oriented
Hospice Aide/Home Health aide (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 28, 2018
I loved working for Holy Redeemer. No problems when you had family emergencies or days off. Which was a big for me because my husband had a heart problem with a lot of dr. Appt. for. I loved working with the Hospice Department because it made me feel good that your helping clients feel more relaxed about the end of life and at Holy Redeemer I learned a lot about end of life and how important life is and how to treat people who were very depressed and needed to be comforted
Pros
They paid for your mileage and offered dental and health benefits.
Horrible Management
Receptionist hrpas (Former Employee) –  Ben salemFebruary 23, 2018
Management do not care about employees at all. They play favorites and are very nasty and condescending. Very sneaky and always looking for flaws and reasons to write you up. Just awful. So sad. Used to be a great place to work.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Can’t trust anybody
Job was never boring, was very busy
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PAJanuary 29, 2018
Worked in the Recruitment Center. Had to interact with people coming off the street inquiring about employment. It was a hospital setting, only major holidays off. Management not very good, very critical.
Pros
Job Security was good
Cons
Only major holidays off
Good workplace for kids still in school
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2018
Holy redeemer Lafayette was a great place to work at in the beginning but as time went on and the management changed things got very difficult and messy
Pros
My co workers and the independent residents were very nice
Cons
The management is very one sided and not professional
Employees committed to the mission of the organization
Group Vice President (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PAJanuary 24, 2018
It was a health system with multiple types of business. The expectations of each person in management was extremely high.
They have been working to improve the culture.
I loved the committed people I worked with ,who really gave above and beyond to the people whom we served.
Working enviroment.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2018
I worked at least 50 accounts a day calling ins companies to receive correct payment for services performed. Very good Health Insurance and Dental coverage, Employees very pleasant. Prejudice against smokers. Sometimes pressure put on employee to bring in money. Lunch time too short and rushed. Pay is below what other Hospitals in the area make so new employees dont stay long. Air quality in the building poor.A lot of employees sick all the time.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Short lunch, pressure to bring in money
needs improvement
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meadowbrook, PAJanuary 9, 2018
needs improvement, management is poor, staff is under educated and poorly utilized, not an inclusive environment for the possibility of collaboration for new ideas.
Na
RN (Current Employee) –  Cumberland County, NJJanuary 3, 2018
Great company. Flexible schedule. Works well with families with small children. Must not have issue with going into other people’s homes or questionable locations.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Na
If your not friends with management don't expect to be treated equally
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2017
Its a nice place to work for, but if your not friends with management they pick an choose their not fair. There's no room for growth , to get a raise is a struggle . Its a shame its a nice hospital. But alot of it needs to be look at to improve for staff to be happy.
Pros
Clean enviroment.
Cons
Short breaks
Busy office, with great Doctors. Willing to teach you and make sure you understand.Sometimes the hardest part of the job
Scheduling Coordinator for OR, billing (Former Employee) –  Jenkintown, PAOctober 2, 2017
This is a fast paced, high demand job that involves pain management , drug screens, and addiction patients. I have learned many things about pain management, coping with chronic pain, and have grown as a medical assistant and person. I love many aspects about this job, but feel that advancement opportunities are limited. I did every position at the office
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Irribility of patience
Productive fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PASeptember 16, 2017
Ok place to work you can learn a lot of things. If you Are willing to learn. Work with you far as schedule. Co worker friendly. And the weekend is nice not a hostile environment
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Short

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Redeemer Health System. Our community is ready to answer.