Holy Spirit Health System Employee Reviews

n/a
RN FLOAT NURSE (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 6, 2018
Great place to work, very state of the art. Great staff and management. Doctors work well with nursing staff. Schedule is fair and reasonable. Management cares about staff.
Spiritually Empowering and Enriching Workplace!
Secretary III (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 3, 2018
I have worked for Holy Spirit for 15 years and cherish the respect for the relationship between the employees, their faith practices and the represented faith of the facility. I have felt no infringement or prejudice. I have never experience slight or discontentment. This facility works hard to triumph its employees accomplishments both professionally and personally, because they believe that doing this will help provide a continued positive environment for healing.

The hardest part of my job everyday is knowing when to go home. The most enjoyable part is knowing I'll be back tomorrow!
Pros
Great Opportunities
Cons
So many to choose from
Good Work Experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMarch 5, 2018
My experience at Holy Spirit was a positive one. I worked in a flex pool as a new RN. I then enrolled in their Critical Care coursework and advanced to a float pool position in the ICUs as well.
excellent place to work
Advocate for residents (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTMarch 2, 2018
Nursing home for retired nuns. Very interesting and challenging place to work. Always learning something new. CNA's provide excellent care to residents.
Good Place to Work
EVS Lead Aide. Duties (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 9, 2018
Loved working at Holy Spirit Hospital, there is a lot of opportunities for advancement, tuition reimbursement for employees, three shifts you can work to chose from
Good workplace
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJanuary 29, 2018
Good management and coworkers. Competitive pay scales. Small community hospital where everyone knew each other. Educational opportunities provided and encouraged.
n/a
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJanuary 2, 2018
mental health workers perform therapeutic and nursing duties to meet patient needs. they run group therapy and educational groups. mental health workers orient new admissions and complete admission paperwork.
Interactive and collaborative
Full-time student physical therapy (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PADecember 26, 2017
Holy Spirit Hospital provided me with a good opportunity to further my development in the inpatient acute setting. There was strong communication both intra and inter-professionally that guided me to further my education.
Excellent work environment!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PADecember 2, 2017
Geisinger Holy Spirit provides an excellent work environment with room for advancement. The Leadership embrace a supportive and collaborative work place environment.
best place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IANovember 20, 2017
I would come in and would help put residents into bed or have ppl on days stay and get ppl up for activities, what I learned is to work as a team, management was always their if you need helped and no one was around
A pretty good job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAOctober 17, 2017
I did phlebotomy at the off site centers. I enjoyed it but very busy. We did EKGs, blood culture, processing of the specimens and some patient registration.
Nice hours with a variety of services provided
Interventional Radiology Nurse (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PASeptember 27, 2017
Interventional Radiology at Holy spirit can be an exciting place to be. It can be busy depending on the type and number of cases . The two to three nurses that work each day rotate being present for the case. We provide patient support and conscious sedation when needed.
Pros
Nice daylight hours.
Cons
A lot of call
hsh
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PA 17011September 18, 2017
has a family feel to the establishment , management was very nice and flexible with schedules, the benefits were decent and I always felt part of a great team.
Great group of coworkers
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJuly 21, 2017
Busy telemetry floor but had the support of great unit manager who worked with your schedule and needs and was always supportive. Also had a great group of co-workers that worked as a real team! Community hospital in quiet suburbs.
Great Atmosphere
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJuly 14, 2017
Holy Spirit Hospital within the Geisinger Health System provides a welcoming, caring atmosphere for both their employees and their customers. Would recommend Holy Spirit to anyone
It was a good learning experience.
Staff Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJuly 5, 2017
Busy and sometimes stressful

To be able to work in stress full situation in a calm manner

Communication skills

On call at nights and to be there at work early in the morning

Good technical skills
Pros
Lovely Holiday lunches
Cons
On call late night hours
Na
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJuly 3, 2017
I work 5 days a week in inpatient and outpatient setting. I work with cardiology. I like the variety of patients I get to see. I primarily see consults, admissions and discharges in the hospital. As an outpatient I see primarily acute sick patients.
Busy days, hours passed quickly. Nice lounge.
Tech Support Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJune 30, 2017
Holy Spirit people are special, more like a family than workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the great people I got to inter-act with throughout my shift. One of the most challenging tasks I had was to set up the schedule for my department, but I enjoyed the challenge.
Pros
Meeting so many interesting people.
Cons
Changing shifts
Team environment; Multidisciplinary Management
Clinical Director of a Stroke Program (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 25, 2017
Team environment; Multidisciplinary Management.

I thought Holy Spirit was a marvelous place to work on a number of levels.

However, when they merged with a larger organization. room for advancement and work culture became less certain.
Pros
as above
Cons
As above
Geisinger Holy Spirit
Registered nurse (RN) Emergency (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJune 25, 2017
It used to be a great place to work until Geisinger took over. The nurses are great, but management is inconsistent at best. Over 1/3 staff is now agency, and many others are new nurses with no experience. Geisinger has recently started to remove anyone with extensive experience to replace them with agency or new nurses.
Pros
Great nurses who still work there
Cons
Inconsistant management, 4 different managers in 5 years in one department alone, It seems as though you can be fired for any reason.