Holyoke Community College Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
Good benefits, poor morale
Laboratory Technician II (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 4, 2018
If you want to do minimum work and make decent money with great benefits this is the place for you. If you've got drive, passion or any desire to move forward in your career, this will slowly beat those things out of you. The upper administration is stuck in a rut and until that changes, there will be no upward momentum.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay
Cons
Low morale, poor management
Productive and Outgoing with anything
Assistive Technologist (Former Employee) –  303 homestead aveMay 3, 2018
Holyoke Community College has a lot of great opportunities for many different kinds of people. I’ve met a great professor that greatly communicate with their students and help them with anything.
Easy email contact
ServSafe Instructor/Proctor (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 1, 2018
HCC is easy to work with and for on a contract basis. Most contact is done by email or phone calls. All time sheets are done online. If I have a question or need to change times they are willing to work with me the best they can within the time frame allowed.
Professional Enviroment
Adobe CC Instructor (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 19, 2018
Holyoke Community College is a great way to start your education off. Teachers and Administration staff are professional people that are willing to teach you and help you to reach your goals.
Great company
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJanuary 21, 2018
I loved my job bc I ended up seeing probably 80% to 90% of the college students, alumni, and faculty because I worked in the cafeteria. Also, I worked at the coffee stand as a barista which was also a part of Aramark at Holyoke Community College. The downfall was no room for advancement in hours because it was always
8;30 to 2 pm Monday through Friday.I still would recommend the job to others for sure. And the management was nice, well some anyway. the most enjoyable part is that I got to meet a lot of new people whom ill still see out in public or on social media.
Pros
easy work, fun work
Cons
hours and some staff
HCC is great
Foundations of Health Assistant/ Work-study (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MADecember 28, 2017
I really enjoy working with the advisers and faculty at HCC. Everyone is very nice and is always helpful when you have questions or concerns. They really want you to succeed at HCC.
Informative
Photo Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MADecember 28, 2017
I learned to teach students programs such as Photoshop and Bridge. I had to learn fast problem solving because students had different conflicts from the software they used to what their vision was. Time management came in handy to get my work done and help every student.
Pros
equipment
Cons
temporary
College pupils good, managemnt poor
Chemistry/Maths Professor (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAAugust 24, 2017
The entire HR Department needs a major overhaul. The director is incompetent and her staff is all afraid of her. She operates independently and sees herself as autonomous.
Pros
courses, canteen
Excellent place to work
Transcript Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAAugust 22, 2017
Colleagues knowledgeable and caring about students and each other. Interfacing and engaging with the public was the most enjoyable aspect of the job. The hardest part of the job was parking so far away!
Music Faculty
adjunct Music Faculty (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAAugust 16, 2017
Nice place to live but as an adjunct faculty you never know if you will get courses to teach semester after semester which can create some anxiety.
A an adjunct you don't receive any benefit which is not easy in this society.
A wonderful place to work
Lab Monitor, Technician, Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 25, 2017
I had a wonderful time working with everyone in this department including with all the managers. I've learned and accumulated a significant amount of knowledge over the past 2 years. I'm no longer there because I'll be continuing my education at a 4-year school. It's a GREAT place to work!
Excellent community
Assistant Mens Varsity Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 22, 2017
Head coach, athletic management are all great people. All very friendly personnel who are happy to be there. Good community in the area, lots of soccer enthusiast who love the sport.
A wonderful place to work and learn
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MA 01040May 13, 2017
This School thrives for everyone's excellence. Its a place where you work and learn and build long lasting relationships as well as network. The benefits are endless...
Hcc
Professor (Adjunct) (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MA 01040May 12, 2017
Excellent place to work, but VERY difficult to get a full-time, tenure position. The majority of the professors are adjuncts. But, it is a state school, with decent pay.
Lab Assistant at Holyoke Community College
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning glassware, as well as various other jobs. The management at my job was incredible, my supervisor was very patient with me, and took the time to listen to my suggestions, as well as any issues I had. I only had one co-worker, but we got along very good. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually the job itself.
Pros
The work environment, really understanding supervisor
Cons
Had to leave the job upon graduating
Hcc
Adjunct ESL Professor (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAAugust 29, 2016
Great place to work. I learned a lot about curriculum design and online content delivery systems, like Moodle. The staff and my fellow colleagues were always supportive and responsive.
Professional and busy workplace with great resources
HiSET Office Administrator/Proctor (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJuly 18, 2016
Upon arrival and throughout the day there is no down time. I have learned to serve customers in a quick and professional manner. Management is always punctual and available when needed. Co-workers have always been a big help especially when we work as a team. The hardest part of the job is having to put my foot down when rules are not followed from the start of the day by customers. The most rewarding part of the job is seeing the customers leave accomplished and ready to move on to greater things in their lives. Sometimes the customers come back to followup with to show where they have gone after receiving their credential.
Pros
A variety of meals for lunch in the cafeteria
Cons
No benefits for contracted employees
Associates Degree
Assist the office (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJune 10, 2016
I received my Associates degree in Business Administration. I loved going to college, Holyoke Community College is a great school!
Theater Department in Human Arts center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 20, 2016
Enjoyed professional staff, clientele, peers, awesome enjoyable. Learned excel along with Microsoft word, powerpoint all computer applications. Operated box offices, manage money transactions and filing, faxing, office work, operated switch board.
Pros
enjoy shows
Cons
could not work past 8 hours
Challenging and rewarding worksite and experience
Learning Coach/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 5, 2016
Excellent work experience; though I am there on a part-time basis, it is one of the most positive and challenging experiences I have had. Very engaging staff and the students, for the most part, care motivated to do their best with some prodding. I would rate this as one of the best work experiences that I have ever had.