Holyoke Community College Employee Reviews

It’s an amazing school to work and go for classes
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJuly 27, 2018
No mater what, HCC will help you in a way shape or form just to make sure you succeed. I learned a lot via: classes/work! I built experience and more self esteem and confidence within myself.
pay vs performance vs fairness
Adjunct Teacher (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MA 01040July 10, 2018
Recent changes in administration as well as contracts have not been in favor for the adjunct faculty.

Changes with adjunct contracts were never explained or presented to adjunct faculty.

Classes that I had taught for over eight years were given to new hire with no seniority.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor communication from administrative staff
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJune 17, 2018
I love working for this educational institution because they actively uplift and support their employees. I'm a tutor and I love my job regardless of working at HCC. So this makes it even better to be employed by this specific school.
Experiance
Lab Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 29, 2018
My Experience at Holyoke Community College as a Intern was great. It provided me with working and life experience that I have taken with me throughout my professional career.
Work Study
WORK STUDY MEDIA TECH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 23, 2018
It was good when you are a student and need some extra money to survive college. Everyone was really helpful and staff was great. The hours were based on your schedule.
Good benefits, poor morale
Laboratory Technician II (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 4, 2018
If you want to do minimum work and make decent money with great benefits this is the place for you. If you've got drive, passion or any desire to move forward in your career, this will slowly beat those things out of you. The upper administration is stuck in a rut and until that changes, there will be no upward momentum.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay
Cons
Low morale, poor management
Productive and Outgoing with anything
Assistive Technologist (Former Employee) –  303 homestead aveMay 3, 2018
Holyoke Community College has a lot of great opportunities for many different kinds of people. I’ve met a great professor that greatly communicate with their students and help them with anything.
Easy email contact
ServSafe Instructor/Proctor (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 1, 2018
HCC is easy to work with and for on a contract basis. Most contact is done by email or phone calls. All time sheets are done online. If I have a question or need to change times they are willing to work with me the best they can within the time frame allowed.
Good working team
Student Financial Aid Worker (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAApril 30, 2018
Good work environment, supportive environment for people with limited work experience. Helps to develop skills in office work and in handling confidential documents.
Professional Enviroment
Adobe CC Instructor (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 19, 2018
Holyoke Community College is a great way to start your education off. Teachers and Administration staff are professional people that are willing to teach you and help you to reach your goals.
Great company
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJanuary 21, 2018
I loved my job bc I ended up seeing probably 80% to 90% of the college students, alumni, and faculty because I worked in the cafeteria. Also, I worked at the coffee stand as a barista which was also a part of Aramark at Holyoke Community College. The downfall was no room for advancement in hours because it was always
8;30 to 2 pm Monday through Friday.I still would recommend the job to others for sure. And the management was nice, well some anyway. the most enjoyable part is that I got to meet a lot of new people whom ill still see out in public or on social media.
Pros
easy work, fun work
Cons
hours and some staff
HCC is great
Foundations of Health Assistant/ Work-study (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MADecember 28, 2017
I really enjoy working with the advisers and faculty at HCC. Everyone is very nice and is always helpful when you have questions or concerns. They really want you to succeed at HCC.
Informative
Photo Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MADecember 28, 2017
I learned to teach students programs such as Photoshop and Bridge. I had to learn fast problem solving because students had different conflicts from the software they used to what their vision was. Time management came in handy to get my work done and help every student.
Pros
equipment
Cons
temporary
College pupils good, managemnt poor
Chemistry/Maths Professor (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAAugust 24, 2017
The entire HR Department needs a major overhaul. The director is incompetent and her staff is all afraid of her. She operates independently and sees herself as autonomous.
Pros
courses, canteen
Excellent place to work
Transcript Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAAugust 22, 2017
Colleagues knowledgeable and caring about students and each other. Interfacing and engaging with the public was the most enjoyable aspect of the job. The hardest part of the job was parking so far away!
Music Faculty
adjunct Music Faculty (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAAugust 16, 2017
Nice place to live but as an adjunct faculty you never know if you will get courses to teach semester after semester which can create some anxiety.
A an adjunct you don't receive any benefit which is not easy in this society.
A wonderful place to work
Lab Monitor, Technician, Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 25, 2017
I had a wonderful time working with everyone in this department including with all the managers. I've learned and accumulated a significant amount of knowledge over the past 2 years. I'm no longer there because I'll be continuing my education at a 4-year school. It's a GREAT place to work!
Excellent community
Assistant Mens Varsity Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 22, 2017
Head coach, athletic management are all great people. All very friendly personnel who are happy to be there. Good community in the area, lots of soccer enthusiast who love the sport.
A wonderful place to work and learn
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MA 01040May 13, 2017
This School thrives for everyone's excellence. Its a place where you work and learn and build long lasting relationships as well as network. The benefits are endless...
Hcc
Professor (Adjunct) (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MA 01040May 12, 2017
Excellent place to work, but VERY difficult to get a full-time, tenure position. The majority of the professors are adjuncts. But, it is a state school, with decent pay.