Holyoke Medical Center Employee Reviews

was great when i was employed.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJune 7, 2019
Great staffing. everyone worked well as a team and everyone was willing to lend a hand. my position had me in multiple locations daily. some days i would be doing outpatient work and floor work, the next i could be out doing home draws.
wonderful place to work
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJune 2, 2019
im a Respiratory Night Therapist I have been working at HMC for 13 yrs. Love this place and the people I work with. but unfortunately working nights has affected my health. I would love to continue to work at HMC but at this time there isn't a day position with the hours I may need available
Workday
Director (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MA 01040May 26, 2019
My typical workday includes protecting interacting and managing the safety of all who conduct business on the medical center campus.

Besides providing a safe and secure work environment for employees, patients and visitors. The other enjoyable part of my job is educating staff on new products or services.
Interpreters beware
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAApril 27, 2019
This is by far the most poorly managed interpreter services department I’ve ever worked for. The games played by upper management of ancillary services are rampant and sadly, visible. I would never recommend that an interpreter trying to build their career join that hospital unless they’re prepared to be abused for low pay and no advancement or professional development.
Pros
No supervision
Cons
No management
Poor leadership
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAApril 5, 2019
This hospital has so much potential. Employees for the most part were great. Senior leadership does not practice what they preach. I had little to no orientation and was expected to know all the ins and outs of my job. I had no support from my manager. The motto at this hospital is do as I say, not as I do. Leadership favors certain employees and has lunch daily with a select few during which they gossip about everyone else not present. Bad behavior such as violating patient privacy is rewarded by offering an incentive raise to stay so that that employee won’t take another job.
Human Resources also was not supportive and extremely unprofessional. Again, they accuse employees of poor conduct when they themselves show no example. The HR rep I had informed me that my manager asked for a raise when she had returned from a leave. Not quite sure why I was privy to that information. Just makes you wonder what else is being discussed that should remain confidential....
The department I worked in had 17 bosses in a matter of 18 years. That speaks volumes when there is no longevity in leadership.
Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
Good Place To Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMarch 27, 2019
This is a nice place of employment. There are advancement opportunities, but not for administrative positions. Their benefits are not that great - but the people you work with are pleasant.
Management sucks
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMarch 24, 2019
to much favoritism goes on in this hospital. pay is no good!! no room for advancement. Can not trust supervisor. supervisor gossips with her employees about other employees. this is all in the lab, phlebotomy part!
Pros
some of the coworkers
Cons
management
Good to work for
UNIT SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMarch 23, 2019
I’ve had great experiences with HMC. I’ve learned a lot in the 4 years that I have been employed with them. I am now looking to improve my salary and hours.
Total disappointment
Staff (Current Employee) –  Many departmentsMarch 21, 2019
HMC needs alot of work and another cleaning house of upper management. Favoritism, child playground games and horrible training opportunities. Just very mean and do not follow their moto or respect their staff at all. Upper management does not back up or stand up for staff, all one sided. Never would recommend working
Benefits
Cons
Disrespect to staff
Ok place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 26, 2019
Higher management is horrible, micro-manages my manager . I do like almost all co workers and it has been hard in this department.There are a few co workers especially one that tries to bully people.
Mission is exemplary
Community Benefit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 23, 2019
no comments
Im not willing to make a review on this Hospital
Ive worked here for 5 years and it is local and the commute is exceptional ...Is there anything else that I can comment on
Busy fast work enviorment
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 22, 2019
Too many changes in the last 3 months, unorganized . Iam sure it will get better eventually. It's a busy office never a full moment, that is the best part of the job.
Bullies and ladder climbers
manager (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 18, 2019
This was probably by far one of the worst jobs that I have ever had. This company is ruthless and has let go of probably 90% of managers. The CEO is full of himself and the HR department is a joke. The organization is full of bullies and will go to any length of false statement for fear of their own jobs. Anyone with any hope of a career stay far away
benefits
Cons
everything else
nice cleaning place
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 24, 2018
stressful job is a hospital
deal with sickness
my supervising is to hard to deal with him
working many differents cultures
learning respect for others
Pros
stress
Cons
cleaning place and good coworks
great place for volunteers
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 18, 2018
Very kind and understanding. Flexible, offered many avenues to pursue my goals and match my interests. Highly recommended for others looking for volunteer opportunities.
Productive workplace
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 5, 2018
Great work culture and daily dynamic. Environmental friendly for staff and patients. Management involves employees in decision making. Flexibility with schedules .
Great benefits but unhelpful management
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAAugust 8, 2018
This company has all the makings to be an absolutely great place to work. Depending on your position you have lots of paid vacations, holidays, and personal time to use (I get a little over 4 weeks worth of vacation time per year), the benefits are highly competitive and cheap compared to other places, and most pay rates aren't terrible.

Unfortunately this company has management that abuses their staff with workload and do not help them come to any solutions. Many departments suffer from understaffing. Mine in particular are shorted several FTE's but we are expected to keep producing a workload well above what we're able to. Remember all that paid time off? Can barely take any of it through the year with how short staffed the department can get.

HR also does not support the proper employees. They protect all employees, including the terrible ones that should have been sent out or fired long ago. They also usually cater to those who whine the loudest. The road to h*** is paved with good intentions.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Hr, Lack of Staffing
Toxic
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAAugust 6, 2018
Extremely toxic place to work especially when the new management took over. It’s a free for all where employees and management gossip instead of focusing on building positive work relationships. You’re often over worked, under paid with short lunches. There is little to no communication among managers and staff which would often lead to confusion as to when deadlines need to be met. No clear objectives for what employee responsibilities are and often there was work peddled among co workers to each other with no direction from management. When meetings were held there was no follow through to any of the things that were discussed. Difficult to reach staff, managers and HR via email or by phone and would often get the run around. There was also micro managing from senior staff with a “get it done” attitude which often jeopardized policies and procedures that were put in place to protect the hospital and its staff. Sadly there are great employees who are lost in the shuffle because this place is rotten from the top.
Pros
Very few good employees who actually care about their work
Cons
Short breaks, under paid, over worked, poor management
I enjoy working here.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJuly 26, 2018
Great job. Great coworkers. I work per diem. And I am always picking up hours. Pay is decent. Work isnt terrible. I love it here. Couldnt ask for a better group.
awesome job
Medical Assistant/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJune 19, 2018
busy great management good team work some speak english some spanish i enjoy all the work the hardest is when pt get mad but i always handled it good.