Holzer Health Systems Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I have enjoyed working at Holzer
Storeroom Purchasing Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHJuly 12, 2018
I have graduated in January 2018 with my Business Management Degree. I want to advance in a higher position in management. I have enjoyed working at Holzer.
I worked for almost 2 years at holzer
Environmental Services aide (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHJune 28, 2018
I've been told by a nurse that we're non-essential staff. The boss for housekeeping don't care about the workers. Most don't last 6mo. The night dif isn't worth the time. The night diff doesn't apply untill 11pm an hour before your off the clock.
Pros
It's a paycheck. If you want to work like a slave for 8.75 hr.
Cons
5-700 each pay period, For a full time job. Doing the work. It's not worth it.
Interning for Holzer
Intern (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHApril 18, 2018
During my internship at Holzer Health Systems I learned a lot about my profession. Everyone was very helpful and wanted me to get the most out of my experience.
Refund Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHApril 9, 2018
Great place to work. All of my coworkers were awesome. Everyone works well together as a team. Management personnel are easy going and easy to talk to about any problems. They try to resolve issues in a timely manner. This was a good job but work is repetitive and long periods of sitting. But I would definitely consider working there again.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Long periods of sitting
Very tiring job! Not paid well for for the work that’s required from you!
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OhMarch 23, 2018
This job needs a more professional leaders! Co-workers are great! The floor I work on is great! Just need a more professional supervisors and fairness with job openings and placements!
Pros
2, 15 minute breaks! 1/2 hour lunch! Made many new friends!
Cons
Under paid, expensive benefits, more things added everyday to do!
student experience
Office Practicum (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHMarch 9, 2018
The staff showed me how to do basic secretary skills. I also learned some computer programs that they use. They sometimes assumed that I already knew things.
Stressful
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHFebruary 25, 2018
Great benifits and work hours. Wages based on title and not longevity or experience. Lack of leadership when it comes to employee discipline issues. Unjustly has fired employees for retaliation.
Pros
Discounted healthcare
Cons
Lack of leadership
Competitive. Cut throat. Would not recommend
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson OhioJanuary 21, 2018
Pretty much have already said it all. Nepotism abound throughout. Admin makes a fortune while employees get no raise for several years now. Managers who sleep with multiple peers—married and not. Nothing addressed due to nepotism
Pros
Cafeteria food
Cons
Good but could be better
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHJanuary 2, 2018
I enjoyed my job at Holzer, my immediate supervisor was great! The people that i worked with were amazing.
I think that the only thing I would change would be that my supervisors manager is trying to change everything around and have this certain department do way to much work with out enough credit.
Great atmosphere
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHDecember 10, 2017
Great work place, great coworkers, calm atmosphere, caring people, great management team, nice clean building, caring doctors and nurses, convenient pharmacy on first floor, urgent care
Pros
Court street coffee
Cons
Pay rate
Good job
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHNovember 27, 2017
Was able to obtain a great deal of knowledge from nursing staff. Great fun co workers. Exciting work environment. Some stressful times but loved the job
Stressful and fast-paced
Food Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHOctober 10, 2017
It is not a bad place to work however there are not many options for job advancement. It is very fast-paced and stressful. You rarely receive any raises or gratuity.
Pros
Discounts, unlimited paid time off
Cons
Stressful, poor management, lack of advancement
Too many hours
Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHAugust 31, 2017
Most enjoyable part of my job is Team Work. Least enjoyable being scheduled by people that have no idea how difficult it is to cover 3 of the largest counties in Ohio. I don't like the staff turnover.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Home time
not a good work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHJuly 16, 2017
I went there thinking it was close to home. Very unorganized and not a stable place to work. They are discussing closing down or someone buying the place.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Every thing. Needs new management
Many opportunities for different jobs
Receptionist/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHJune 26, 2017
The employees I worked with were very friendly and helpful. They have pretty good benefits, but the insurance is rather costly. They do have paid vacation after one year. Most of the managers do well, but it is very hard to move around in this organization. They are also having financial troubles, and I feel it is a bit unstable here.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
pricey benefits
love the people i work with
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, OHApril 21, 2017
People are very friendly and work well as a team. As Respiratory we cover the entire hospital and are often short staff and very busy. Management at this particular location is not her very often so you need to be self motivating.
Pros
close to home and good environment
Cons
pay isnt up to par
I worked in a small clinic
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHApril 19, 2017
The clinic I worked at was very small and a family atmosphere. I never got to work in the actual hospital, so I can't give any feedback there. In my clinic, we were a team and had a great office manager. M-F 8-430, so the hours were great for a family. Pay was just decent for an LPN in a small town.
Good workplace
BSN, RN (Current Employee) –  Jackson, OHFebruary 12, 2017
My typical day at work was to care for patients and their families with their needs while they were admitted to our facility. I took care of med-surg patients and surgery patients. The hardest part of the job was never knowing what to expect happening to your patients, however, the most enjoyable part of the job was always being able to make a difference in someone elses' life.
Pros
Being able to have patient contact
Cons
sometimes not enough time with each patient.
Unstable beyond measure
Field Worker (Former Employee) –  MainNovember 30, 2016
This is not the company for you! Three CEO's in under three years. Three CFO's in under three years. Three CNO's in three years...They do not know what they are doing. People come and people go, there has not been a month during the last four years of my employment that someone was not bullied, pushed or forced out--people with decades of dedicated work. The worker bees of the organization are outstanding but they have been stomped on by the doctors and so called leaders. Bullying is a way of life, HR and upper management not only support it, they participate, but it is all covered up.

Do not go to work there, run the other way. Begging on the street is better than working here.

If I could give management a negative number, I would.
Pros
The worker bees are outstanding people.
Cons
Promises are made about retirement plan and wages, they are not kept. The leadership staff of this organization needs to go.
Horrible place
RN (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHAugust 3, 2016
Holzer is terrible place to work. CEO needs replaced. They cover up bad things happening to patients. All the good people have left.