Home Care Assistance Employee Reviews

Great Company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 8, 2018
Company that I can be proud of most upper managements I think was great not perfect. I felt like most of them really wants to help you succeed.
Very helpful to everyone.
Caregiver
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Alamo,CAAugust 24, 2018
I worked for this location before and liked them so I recently returned. Unfortunately so much has changed and not for the better. Staffing Managers were so professional and accommodating before. The new staffing managers pick and choose who they want to give hours to. Caregivers are also expected to call each and every staffing manager to see if there is any work? Which is a waste of time. Complete lack or organization with staffing managers who do not communicate. They also show favoritism to their own kind. Unfortunately If you are not Asian you will not get any hours even if you are available or requested by a family.
Pros
Cons
Favortism, nepotism, lack of professionalism
Took Care of Father
Father Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXAugust 21, 2018
I wouldn't suggest this unless you are willing to wake up in the middle of the night to help someone out. I did this because it was my father but it was well worth it to get the last amount of time i could with him.
Flexible hours - Alamo Office
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee) –  Alamo, CAAugust 17, 2018
I would like to say how flexible they can be. They will come for visits anytime especially when it's most needed. They are quick and responsive and helpful with their clients and employees. I had the best work experienced with my staffing manager Ms. Andal.
Pros
Managers are flexible most of the time
Cons
Answering service is taking too long
Alamo branch
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alamo, CAAugust 17, 2018
Decent pay for fulfilling work. I worked part-time as a care giver Decebelle Andal helped me get into the rhythm of things since day one. This job was a great experience and helped build by resume.
Pros
local
Cons
wish pay was higher
Diverse working enviroment
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alamo, CAAugust 17, 2018
When I first started here I didn't know what to expect I was passed around from client to client. I guess no one really liked me that much. While working under Decebelle Andal I was able to get enough hours to be full-time regardless of these issues, eventually we found one person who enjoyed my company and asked for me personally at certain times every week. Sadly he passed away hence I chose to leave Home Care Assistance-Alamo from my own will.
Pros
Good pay; Nice staff;
Cons
Need people skills
Awesome Comapny to work for
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 16, 2018
Home care Assistance is a fun place to work they are very flexible and very willing to work with your work schedule at anytime, the company is always looking for new people to come join there team. I would recommend anyone apply to the company.
Management great with matchmaking to clients
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 16, 2018
This is a nice company to be employed. I worked with who can take care of themselves but need assistance with daily or nightly tasks. They will find you a client who fits you to care for in your area unless you want to go further out. Very supportive staff
Great company to start for Caregiving
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 16, 2018
Home Care Assistance offers a great work environment for starters, you need to have a very flexible schedule though. overall great company. Staff was wonderful to their employees! and always available anytime when you have any questions.
productive and professional Management
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the elderly treated them all as if they where my own grandparents. The management was very nice and i enjoyed them all. hardest part is getting the new clients to get to know and trust you in there home to help take car of them bu it takes time and patience.
Learning experience for me.
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 16, 2018
A great company to start out with while going to school. Kind and compassionate workers and staff . Great work life balance in order to participate in gaining more experience.
Learning experience for me.
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 16, 2018
Great place to work, I learn to listen to the clients and how to care for their individual needs. The staff are on top of things when it comes to caring for their employees and clients. I really enjoyed assisting the clients. I would recommend this place to anyone who loves to help people.
Caregiving experience
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 16, 2018
I enjoy serving as a caregiver to an Alzheimer's patient. I work 4 hours daily from Monday- Friday. Caring for this type of patient can be challenging at times. Enjoy seeing my patient be able to share his life history with me and making me feel i made a different on someones life is rewarding for me. This company taught me a lot and I am happy I am part of it.
Trustworthy Company
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 16, 2018
This company is just good, honest and caring people. They are quick to acknowledge and show appreciation for your efforts and hard work, which really means a lot. They have awesome benefits, and they take care of their employees.
Good work place
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 15, 2018
The environment is very friendly, all of the staff is very professional and understanding. The staff tries their best to make sure every Caregiver works as much as possible. The staff will make sure that you are comfortable with the client they offered you.
No benefits
Health Care Aide/Live In (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 15, 2018
Supervisor is not supportive and hard to get a hold of. No benefits until worked one year. Clients are nice and so are families. Need better work incentives.
Clients are great!
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed providing care to clients in their homes. I got to know some very nice people. The hours were good but not always as many as I would have liked. I got to hear some wonderful life stories from the clients. It is hard when you get attached to a client and they pass away. I enjoyed providing companion care the most.
Great Company!!
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 15, 2018
The office staff is wonderful. They are approachable, dedicated, offer training for whatever I may need, and are very available to discuss any concerns You feel the support system with the Staff!

If compassion for the elderly is in your heart then this is the job for you. Home Care Assistance is non-medical and your client's needs are assessed fully and presented to you before you accept any shift. Working with clients and their families is fulfilling.
Caregiver for Home Care Assistance
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 15, 2018
I highly recommend working at this company.
Nice friendly staff.
Loved clients they offer me
Fast paced atmosphere and i like that.
A lot of great support from staff.
Wonderful support system form the Staff.
Flexible Schedule
Fun company to work for.
Caregiver/CNA (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 15, 2018
Good company to work for, flexible schedule, understanding staff, fun people to meet and get to know when they assign you to a facility. clients and staff become like family, great career, especially to finish nursing school. Would definitely recommend this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Care Assistance. Our community is ready to answer.