Home Care Delivered Employee Reviews

Fun atmosphere, good team spirit.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 9, 2018
CEO tried to create a positive workplace.Relaxed atmosphere, Initial trainer was effective.Employees worked well together.Service provided was indeed needed.
Pros
Lunch room
Cons
Healthcare
Great Place to worl
Medical Doc Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, VAAugust 9, 2017
I love everything about the company, Great team work and the managers are awesome, Develop great skills and the environment is great and stress free. Great Company
Very uplifting place to work. Great atmosphere
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, VAAugust 8, 2017
Typical day at work, very relaxed and uplifting. Helping people with health issues in need of disposable medical supplies. great incentives and room to grow.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
no room for advancement.
Great Overall Company
Customer Enrollment Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 23, 2017
HCD is a small company that is growing positively. They listen to their employees and market to promote growth. Great company to work for. Great work/life balance. PTO can be adjusted.
Good people but not a good place to work
Customer Enrollment (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 10, 2017
Upper management is a joke- they do not do what needed to keep the employees happy and wanting to come to work!
The head of HR discriminates and actions needs to be taken
One of the Directors thinks it's ok to give employees alcohol on the clock to celebrate "special occasions"
They lost a very valuable team player for their lack of wanting to make positive changes!
They act as if there are given "us as employees" something that they are in turn not benefiting from.
They claim they are a culture and open place but as soon as you are not breaking your neck to kiss a behind then they want you out the door.
Pros
Co-Workers are friendly and personable
Cons
mico management and lack of support if not kissing butt
Revenue Cycle Associate
Revenue Cycle Associate (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 8, 2017
Uploading claims to submit to insurance providers. Review claim denials and rejections. Perform appeals to insurance providers. Contact insurance providers via telephone. Post payment to claim. Complete daily deposit. Complete webinars for Medicare. Transfer claims to next insurance payer.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Small cubicles
typical day at work
customer Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 30, 2017
I worked with the most positive people. That company truly stands behind its values and makes sure its employees due as well. I think is very impressive to owner of the company reports to work daily and is very family oriented.
very good work atmosphere
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, VAJanuary 17, 2017
come in log on phones take and place calls help clients get their medical supplies, log off for lunch sometimes it was a group lunch a pot luck, sign back on and take and make more calls till end of day. all calls were recorded. dont leave a message esp on cell phones.
Pros
a great place to work
Cons
they listen to every call so if you make a mistake they catch it
They offer subsidized gym memberships.
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, VANovember 24, 2016
You'll spend your day on the phone. They have a computer system that calls medicare and medicaid patients, and you'll get to order their monthly supplies.
Family type environment
Dept Ops Manager Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAOctober 16, 2016
A very solid organization. Founder has an amazing and compelling "Why" story. Very capable leadership team trying to navigate a very tricky industry
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Limited opportunities for growth due to fairly small organization.
ok
Enrollment Bilingual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 25, 2016
it was a good place to work at the co workers were very nice and helpful. I learned a lot about medical supplies management needs to be more on the same page my job was very rewarding helping the clients
Pros
lunch time
Cons
mangement
Friendly people but lack of job security.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 11, 2015
Friendly people to work with however there was a huge lack in job security. I witnessed a lot of turnover. There seems to be a lot going on within the company and I would not be surprised if more people were let go.
Benefits
Please don't work here
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 9, 2015
This is honestly the worst place I have EVER worked. The management is incompetent but somehow micromanages your every action. Their policies are set up to help you fail and not succeed. The pay is minimal and the benefits are horrible. The turnover rate is sky high. Please don't do this to yourself.
Pros
nothing
Cons
micromanagement, terrible benefits, low pay, low morale, bad work environment
A work in progress
Customer Enrollment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAOctober 12, 2015
Overall the leadership team is motivated to improve business but often lacks support from staff. The representatives do not respond well to change and often make the environment hostile. The department heads tend to respond to the drama due to fear of attrition. They are afraid to lose employees due to the complexity of the job and lack of training available to new employees.
Stay away
MDA (Former Employee) –  Glen AllenOctober 5, 2015
This company is terrible! High turnover rate. People are always quitting. They will also fire you at the drop of a dime. Micro managed, low pay, I could go on. A few members of management have also left. This is a locally owned company with quite a few family members. If you have to take this job, I feel bad for you.
Pros
Ice maker
Cons
Low pay, micro managed, high turnover, No tuition reimbursement, no bonuses, company all for itself.
N/a
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 12, 2015
A typical day can be overwhelming, with no support and even less empathy. Management ignores the hard workers and rewards the complainers.
If you have a heart for the elderly or disabled this would be a good oppurtunity for you.
Medical Documentation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 5, 2015
I've been employed at HCD for over 6 months now and I can honestly say is a great company to work for. Managers and workers take pride in assisting their clients and making sure they are satisfied at all cost. I know someone who receives supplies from the company and their delivery rate is normally quick. With any company your going to receive negative criticism but if I were a patient I would be willing to put my trust in the company and that says a lot.
Pros
Great work environment. Hardly felt overwhelmed with work
Cons
Many medical companys must endure the inclement weather.
A good company that is on the fast track to filling a specific medical need for many people across the United States.
Sr. Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 19, 2014
I am privileged to say that I had an important part in the growth of Home Care Delivered from a company of about 60 employees to the recent explosion of over 200 employees. Often I describe my work day as stepping out of my car and into a tornado! The nature of the job was "urgency" in providing much needed supplies for patients in their homes. From the beginning I felt cared for on a personal level by our management teams. For eight years I had the same supervisor and I must say the best one that I have ever had! In the last year things have become a lot more sterile and impersonal as the company transitioned from a small company to a large call center. However, I do understand that the changes that have taken place recently were necessary. My co-workers were the best! It is very much a family type of atmosphere although I admit that the larger the company has become, the more challenging this has been to maintain. The hardest part of the job is the unhealthy practice of having to sit for extremely long periods of time without getting up, but the urgency of what we do there almost dictates that as necessary. My favorite part of the job is the sense of family that exists with our long time customers. They truly love us at HCD because of how well we take care of them. It broke my heart to say goodbye to some folks that I had served for 9 years.
Pros
Great benefits. Company wide company meetings each month.
Cons
Metric requirements
Good employees.. Bad management
Patient care representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 6, 2014
I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy... Micro management is overwhelming .
Cons
Micro management, bad hours, inadequate amounts of training, uptight work place
Great Experience Fun Enviorment
New Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 8, 2014
Great job good benefits fun people. lots of responsibility always changing
Pros
co workers management
Cons
location