Home Chef Employee Reviews

Fast Paced, Group Oriented
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 16, 2019
I really loved my job here!!!! Miss it! Learning about ingredients, measurements, quality of what is served and many choices and especially customer service!!!!!
Pros
People
Cons
weekends
I enjoyed working in the Sanitation Department on the third shift because I didn't have a bunch of managers breathing down my neck.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILMarch 27, 2019
The Leads or Supervisors think they are above the workers.They don't say Good morning or Good Evening.The Q.A. associates are the same way.There is also some favoritism.
Pros
Freedom to do your job if you're in Sanitation.
Cons
Opportunities for advancement
On days it can be easy. But most of the time its stressful can never finish a task that is assigned to you
Production Line Lead (Current Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILMarch 27, 2019
Stressful environment. Unorganized. There's favoritism and discrimination going on. Not much pros at home chef. Only a couple good supervisors. Always cold.
Cons
Stressful environment
Horrible work place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMarch 20, 2019
The company is all about hiring and firing stressful environment short breaks only 45 minutes total for a 10 hr day they monitor your bathroom breaks !
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
To many boses!
great job to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAMarch 18, 2019
i was a production worker/ line worker at home chef 12 hr a day fast pace working job dress for the cold i help shipped foods clean label meal bags liquid containers
Pros
lunches
Cons
short brakes
Stressful environment. Being moved from table to table.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILMarch 17, 2019
Stressful environment. Will be fired over little things. Getting blamed for things that is out of our control. Get treated unfairly. Discriminatory. Work overload for example must keep an eye on many ingredients in meal bag shipping lines. Also forced to work as a quality control associate. As well as picking up after other people's mistakes and getting blamed for the mistakes. The Quality Assurance personnel makes the production worker check for the quality of the ingredients instead of themselves checking for the quality.
Pros
Finally got breaks back.
Cons
There were no breaks in an 8 hour shift. Being treated unfairly. Discrimination.
Awesome place to work, you won’t find a culture like it, ANYWHERE!
FSQA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 27, 2019
The culture is what make this place a Home away from home. The entire team from associate level to plant manager communicate on a daily basis! There is an excellent open door environment where everyone is heard. Really loved working along side the associates, bonding with the Supervisors and learning from the management team! It was an awesome experience being able to call that place my home! Good Energy, Lots of growth!
Pros
Awesome Team, Lots to Learn, Everyone is heard!
Cons
Crazy hours! No junk food in the snack room! :)
Temp agencies are unprofessional
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJanuary 25, 2019
Atlas Temp Agency is very unprofessional, Works off of personal emotions instead of keeping it professional. Keeps employees based on favoritism and bribery.
Only option.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILDecember 7, 2018
Picture this... Come to work early just to get the unfavorable job duties. While your co-workers of the same ethnicity as the supervisors show up leisurely and get the easy or most desirable job duties. Learned how to operate different types of portioning machinery. Not being formally trained, but by constantly working with them and my own research. However, was trained in portion efficiency rates. Supervisors, because there is no management. No Time management, No coaching, No real Guidance or training on how to get the job done sink or swim type of work environment. Getting adapted to the frigid temperature and picking ice are the hardest jobs. If you can make it through those you got yourself a job.
Pros
n/a
Cons
1 break, 30 min non-paid lunch, harsh environment to work in, no time management supervisors. very discriminatory.
Great job
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GADecember 3, 2018
I like the job but it doesn’t take care of my outside responsibilities . Making sure my son is ok is everything I hope for. To provide for my house hold as a hard working mother. My biggest desire is to accomplish things I’m not qualified for.
production
Production (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GANovember 20, 2018
just putting food in bags And shipping, it was a very cold warehouse because all the food had to stay cold so it was about 30 degress in there and its not easy working cold.
A good place to work at
Warehouse associate forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GANovember 6, 2018
Home Chef is a place that I grew up in thought it was my home but it was all on me but you need a job and you willing to go hard for what you want on the Shelf is the place you want to be it's a growing business just need able bodies to come work
Very Very cold freezer room, but easy fast pace work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2018
I started working there when it was below 20 outside and it made the most freezing cooler room worser. I liked HR and I liked the training manager they acted like real people. The work wasn't hard I caught on to it quick. My manager really like me and kept me moving around. The other managers didn't like me and came off like bullies. The staff was very diversed, but a lot of people came off mean and didn't want to do there jobs. I became terminated because I kept missing from being sick every two days of being in an extreme cold freezer room.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Short break only one and its 30min, low pay, low healthcare, bad management, bad decision making from management
This was a rewarding position to learn and practice teamwork.
Culinary Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2018
This was a rewarding position which offered a service to the community which was openly appreciated. Students came to classes seeking special culinary skills they could apply in preparing meals for family and friends.
Harsh conditions, great management
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 11, 2018
This is a freezer job so yes it does get extremely cold and uncomfortable at times. It is also very fast paced which can be hard on the body. That being said the management is great! They work right there beside you and they promote from within. They know what it takes to get the job done and they expect what they too give.
great job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 1, 2018
loved working for home chef really appreciated all the development and lead training , would love to return soon , thank you home chef , very family oriented company
Good company, wrong department
Quality control (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 14, 2018
Home Chef is a good company to work for. I just happened to land in the wrong department. The department has a high turnover rate. Probably because the manager is just trying to show everyone who's the boss and doesn't have the respect of the employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Weekend work
Fast pace production.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2018
I find Home Chef to be a nice place to work.it can be a job that you can advance in and if you stay there for a year the paid vacation is great.it's good for working as a team.
Pros
401k vision and dental
Cons
Short breaks no overtime pay
awesome place
Customer Spotlight Creator and Editor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2018
I loved working for Home Chef. It was a really safe and positive environment. My bosses were very accommodating and the employees were great. We got to learn a lot about the company and were always encouraged to apply for different jobs in the company.
Breaking boxes on a consistent basis.
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2018
If you love breaking boxes non stop then I recommend this job for u.A learning experience.Everyone has their nich in life .I'm just learning to grow with each experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Chef. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight