Home Decor Liquidators Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
booi did not luke the job. it dudnt pay as well as it could have
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOOctober 10, 2017
it was a lousy job. the hours were poor. the employment screening by managers was a joke. worked too hard for little pay. tired everyday.i worked and lived home decor everyday.
Pros
close to home
Cons
close to home
Terrible management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJuly 26, 2017
They really did not care at all about the employees. They only let you get overtime when they wanted you too, the forklift just needed a fresh propane tank and it sat since I was there only to find out it worked fine.
great place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 30, 2017
I loved working for this company I kept the show room clean and set up all of the furniture I kept the warehouse clean kept count of all the merchandise and order merchandise and load customers trucks with merchandise.
Pros
excellent company
Cons
wouldn't keep employees to help me with trucks and customers
good work place
Cashier - Customer service (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSMarch 31, 2017
managers work with you very well on family situations, all jobs do not,, good people to work for very competitive team, that is serious about their guest and sales
High volume sales environment with ample opportunity for sales.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMarch 17, 2017
Home Decor was a great learning experience. The Management did not just throw you on the floor with no formal training. They offer great sales training. Due to the high volume environment it was easy to make decent money.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 22, 2015
Management and staff gets along great. Best part of the job is that if you sell well, you can win a trip somewhere outside of the U.S paid for by the company.
Pros
Management was awesome
Cons
Not busy during summer, not enough hours
Sales Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJune 11, 2015
Great co-workers/customers, fun and inspiring atmosphere. The hardest part, when suppliers aren't consistent. Easiest, setting higher goals for myself.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
Inconsistent suppliers
Ok
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Richmond VAFebruary 9, 2015
I still work here unfortunately, they yell scream complain at you all day as a warehouse employee. cashiers are paid way more then the warehouse employees and the managers are very tricky. My opinion do not come here ever
High Volume
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 1, 2014
This was a fast paced environment with lots of interaction with customers and vendors.
Its A Cozy Place
Marketing Designer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2014
When I started in April of 2013 I was excited, the people are great, the work is steady, and it was a laid back pace. That varied depending on the time of year however. What I liked most is the amount of exposure to all the different parts of marketing and design. I really appreciated the experience received in such a short time. The hardest part of the job was the many hats that had to be worn. As a small business, there wasn't much manpower to spare so pulling extra weight is a constant thing. The best part of the job is the atmosphere, family-oriented but professional, a positive environment with--simply put--good people.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Positive Environment, Close-knit
Cons
Lack of growth, poor management
Great management and hours.
Sales person/Cashier (full-time) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 30, 2013
Management was very nice, it was easy to move up in the company. President and CEO would call when goals were met.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Healthcare
Great customers great co-workers
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 3, 2013
Enjoyed work with my co-workers getting tasks accomplished. Maintained inventory and enjoyed loading furniture the customers were great.
Worse job of my life
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDMay 1, 2013
working....i mean SLAVING at home decor was the days of my life. Your typical day is 10 hrs but you really only get paid for 7 or 8 hours. They will lie to you about growth potential and just fire you the soon as they get as much work out of you as they can. If you ever work there, i recommend you QUIT and RUN for a better job.
Pros
Cons
Co-workers
Best job I've ever had
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 28, 2013
This job is great. Before working here I thought a job was just an exchange of work for pay, but with this company it's a whole lot more. I actually feel that I'm part of something big, bigger than myself. I feel like I am finally working towards something. They are always trying to keep us motivated and focusing on the big picture. I have learned a lot about myself and sales through this organization. They're always coming up with a Trip or sales based contest where we can win all expense paid trips to the Carribean, iPads, TV's, Profit Sharing, etc. I could just keep going on and on, but you should really check it out for yourself. I can't speak for everybody, I feel comfortable knowing that I will never have to go on another interview again. I came to this company to work in the warehouse, but only a short time later I was promoted to Sales and then only a few more months to Assistant Store Manager, all within the same year. This company is growing so more opportunities are being offered to everyone. I also love that this is a performances based job, and not based on how long you've been with them. So not only do you know where you stand everyday, but you can also see what the top producers of the company are doing. It's very transparent and honest. So check it out and become part of something big.
Pros
contest trips, profit sharing, base pay + commission, exciting relocation opportunities
Cons
sometimes too busy to sit down, hard to pronounce the name at first
Productive & fun work place, there was always something to do
Furniture Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, Mo.February 6, 2013
A typical day @ HDL consisted of moving around furniture, manually, or with a pallet jack, or forklift. Management was hands on until one can work the warehouse without the need of supervision. I picked up a few skills from this position, such as stocking, inventory, picking & packing, & customer service. The hardest part was some of the heavy lifting in the beginning< the most enjoyable part was helping the customers.
Pros
helping customers, good exercise, & great hours
Cons
overall good job, no complaints
Good Work Place
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Capitial Heights MDJuly 9, 2012
Sale Furniture n Did Some Warehouse Stocking n Making Sure Furniture was clean n not warn out.. Good place to work to learn how to sale items..
easy work enviorment, daily routines
Warehouse worker; forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJune 4, 2012
Duties are currently warehouse worker, loading and unloading merchandise, transfers of orders to other locations, also loading purchased merchandise for customers. As ware-housemen I do inventory and loss prevention, when times are slow also serve as a sales associate on the show room floor.
Pros
some income to provide for family
Cons
short hours, little to no benefits