Home Federal Bank

Home Federal Bank Employee Reviews

Was pregnant and had complications and was wrote up for this. Management was not understanding of you having a family and things coming up. Other than that pretty good place to work. There was a lot of gossip that went on in the work place but I fee it’s no worse than other work environments.
Pros
Work shift
Cons
So rewarding to be an employee. Each employee is treated as family and they are treated with respect and fairly and all are given equal opportunities to advance in the company.
Loved working there, it too bad that the bank had to be purchased and I had to leave. I learned so much working there and the people were amazing. I miss it very much.
Pros
People
Cons
Getting purchased
some days are slow but it is enjoyable to work place. They have a lot of classes to offer for advancement. The hardest part is the long days on Fridays.
i loved my job. i was ready to retire and go on another chapter in my life. they are one big family. they take care of there employees. when the ceo left it was not about family anymore.
Pros
one big family
Cons
not enough pay it took me 21 yrs to get a 2.50 pay increase
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Job and people were great. 10 per hour to start people was not. 3% yearly raise regardless of performance. Manager have to take from someone else to give you more. Managers don't want that atmosphere so everyone gets the same raise.
Pros
Schedule, no forced selling
Cons
pay is low. Bad employees get a pass so low turnover makes advancement slow
typical day spent interviewing loan applicants and working with loan processors and underwriting to facilitate timely closings worked with loan department on issues of loans made - such as current financials, insurance, etc
I worked drive - thru most days as a teller. It was a slower branch so had a lot of down time. I enjoyed my customers, building a relationship and helping them with any issues.
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
slow pace
Had a staff to manage, work was different all the time. Learned about Ira's, loans, and computers. We did several computer conversions and if some part didn't work when we went live it was not a fun experience. Each day was good when the vault balanced at end of day
Pros
got to attend seminars to learn different ideas
Cons
when someone called in sick I ahd to cover could be a long day
Home Federal Bank is a great Home "Grown" company to work for. They have very competitive benefits and pay. If you like working with the public and like helping people through their financial issues, then this is the place to work.
I liked working for this bank. Worked in loan department. Scan and index files, file, process paid out, customer services, monthly reports. The pay and benefits were good.
Pros
Like my job
Cons
Moved out of area
Love all the people I work with at my branch. All the people in HR are great too. The benefits are pretty good. Dental, vision, health, 401k. My branch is my family now
When employed here I was a part time teller. The people i worked with and the atmosphere was awesome, we were a family. The women and men who train you do a great job and allow you to grow into your position.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Only part time work available
This bank as been bought by a larger bank so I have no idea what the current culture may be. When I was there it was a fun place to work with great people. Very little stress.
Pros
Small size, fun people
Cons
No upward mobility
It was nice working there just as a part timer you didn't really have any vacation time . The pay was low. The people were nice and I loved the customers.
Pros
nice people
Cons
low pay
I loved working with this company. I had a wonderful experience, I loved the co workers and the environment. I would go back and work with this company in a heart beat
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
N/a
It is comforting working for a "home town" bank. You know bavk office employees personaly and have no trouble getting help with problems or questions answered.
Cons
Loyalty is not a factor when promoting ftom within.
Loved working in the branches at the HyVee stores. Made contact with customers of the bank and HyVee shoppers. Hardest part of the job was working until late weekly and every other Saturday and Sunday so home life was difficult
Pros
Fellow Employees
Cons
Late work shifts and weekends
Positive atmosphere with advancement opportunities in sales or management. Trustworthy and motivated work environment. I am willing to learn new skills and am adaptable to new programs.
Pros
loyal
Cons
very busy
Has a certain amount of fun including TVs in the break room area (it is now Great Western Bank). There are also TVs in the lobby and teller area.
Resolve account problems; correct bank and customer errors; answering phones; Computer inputing; Learned how to research on customer accounts; Learned how to review customer account for kiting; Learned how to balance the branches. Work well with others. The hardest part of my job was learning returned items. The most enjoyable part of my job was keeping busy and learning all the time.
Pros
Paid vacations/Benefits/ Pay increases.
Cons
Stress
  1. Employee Reviews