Home Health Care, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I like it there
Home Health Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 17, 2018
Home health care was a nice job...I enjoyed working to help others in need. I really like how you get to meet so many people and fill like your helping them live a better life.
Awseome
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
I loved working here. You learn so much from different people . They are able to teach you new things about your self you didn’t even know you learn how to love and take care of someone else
Never work for these people
P & L Medical services (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 5, 2018
I’ll never ever do that type of job again it’s to much work for pay there pay is minimum wage an you have to do too much work for what your pay is I’ll never work that type of job aga
good place to work
MARKETING ASSOCIATE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work! It was fun to work there over the summer. They offer opportunities to travel and get promoted. They also take care of their employees by buying lunch and throwing parties for a work well done.
taking care of pt
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 13, 2018
I would takecare of pt in their home, I'd also do wound care if necessary, I clean and change colostomy bags, I also clean, empty, and change catheter, I give prescribed medications, I check blood sugars and give insulin, I cook, feed, bathe, and dress. On down time, play games, or have great conversation.
Overall loved the opportunity
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 20, 2018
Overtime I became part of my client's family. The hardest part about the job is watching the client's health decline and not being able to do much to help them.
Pros
Work felt like home
Cons
Losing a client due to health
Great workplace with wonderful staff
Administrative Assistant/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lusby, MDMay 2, 2018
Answer phones, billing, filing, and scanning in all paperwork. Very respectful staff and awesome owner of the business. Great place to work very flexible with your schedule.
Pros
free lunches, excellent ppl
Cons
business closed due to owner being sick
Keeping the sick comfortable and aiding in recovery
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, ILApril 25, 2018
A typical day being a home health aide included administrating my patient's medication, taking their vitals, book keeping, cooking, cleaning, bathing, and comforting. I learned to always have hope from this position. The woman I worked for was wonderful I admired her love for her father and her great work ethic. The hardest part of this job was leaving I really cared about the well being of this individual. I enjoyed being an aide in his recovery.
Pros
seeing someone gravely ill recover
Cons
leaving
Definitely look elsewhere
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 23, 2018
Poor business practices, accept way too many referrals and not enough nurses to cover the patients. Unsafe patient care, patients not being seen as frequently as they should due to limited staff. Hold paycheck to paperwork not submitted but expect you to see caseload of patients that should be handled by at least 2 full time nurses. Pay is good, benefits okay but not worth risking your license. Very little support from supervisors.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No support, long hours
Supportive Clinical Manager
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 20, 2018
I really liked working for this company. The most difficult part of this position was getting the documentation completed within the required timeframe. In the rural areas that I worked, the company's internet connectivity was unreliable so it was not unusual to enter information into the electronic medical record and then lose the information when the connection was interrupted which led to me having to do the documentation at home after a day of work. This really cut into my personal time.
Pros
friendly and helpful co-workers
Cons
Required a lot of unpaid time after the work day to complete documentation
Productive and Fun Working Environment
Recruiter and CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 18, 2018
I've been working for Home Health Care, Inc. and Legacy Home Care for over a year now as a Recruiter and CNA/HHA. I'm also attending nursing school! This company has numerous opportunities and they've been super flexible with my school schedule and work/life balance. I love the staff and clients that I work with. Fun and inviting culture! Competitive pay. I've gained a lot of experience here in the office and in the field. I'm excited to advance in my career and I know I can count on Home Health Care, Inc. to help me achieve my career goals.
home health aid
My job consists of assisting clients (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIApril 11, 2018
I hated the whole postion, over worked low staff, bad management and company owner was in it for the money not caring about the clients real needs. just a bad company.
I really loved this job.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Towne square ct. Owensboro, ky. 42301March 31, 2018
I would usually go in at 9a.m. clean the apartment. the, fix breakfast and meds, followed then by data entry. Next, usually make appointments. Then, we would run errands and go to the Health Park for exercise. Lunch and sometimes shopping followed, or whatever appointment we had to be at. Lastly I would do filing and data entry. Talking between us was a huge key to my job and I really enjoyed it as well. I would straighten the house, fix supper and give medications and bandage any wounds. Data entry was always last then i would be on call for the night.
Pros
helping a great man
Cons
no insurance
expected long hours
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMarch 20, 2018
Lots of after paid hours work and its an expectation of the job paperwork has to be done by a time frame or they hold your paycheck understandable but the work load is to heavy
Natural Lifestyle
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIMarch 17, 2018
Care taking is something I've done since I was a child. It comes easy for me, which is why I was sort of drawn to it. I maintained a normal lifestyle for my patients, and provided comfort in them knowing what they were unable to do, got done.
Pros
flexibility, open space, independent working
Cons
maintaining professional relationships, without attachments
Making sure clients are satisfied with my services as well as the company
PRIVATE CARE WORKER (PCW) (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 8, 2018
Entering clients home on time. Asking client how they are doing. Asking client what they would like to do first, completing task on care plan. Talking with clients as I work, making sure to listen to client. Saying good bye and telling client to have a nice day and will see them on their next scheduled day.
Fun workplace
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 27, 2018
Love helping my grandma with the things she needs. I help my grandma with some of the following things:
Dressing
Food
Nails
Hair
Bathing
I am proud to work here 😬
It's a great experience of working with many people disablities.
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Partners In Care New York, New York 11001February 20, 2018
I was very satisfied with this job the patients that I had were good hearted individuals. It was a pleasure working with a variety of people and mechanical tools.
Pros
The hours and work environments.
Cons
Not much
Alright
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 11, 2018
Working here was cool at first because you can pick all your own hours and work when you want to. Buuuuutttt you work short shifts (2-3 hours). I would spend a lot of time just commuting to a short 2 hour shift and then have lots of time in between shifts. I spent so much money on gas that in the end it's not even worth it at all.
Cons
The mileage on my car, low pay, short shifts
Poor
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNDecember 6, 2017
I would not recommend this place to anyone. They make it sound absolutely amazing and then when you get into there are no set hours, no set schedule. Your hours are only 2 hour blocks. You have to travel more then you spend time with your clients. Not for me! Their pay is super confusing. They have one company that if you work with their clients you get paid weekly but the other company if you work with their clients they pay bi weekly. I worked with a client for 2 hours and that's all the hours that I got for that week and I didn't even get a pay check. They do NOT offer benefits at all.