Home Health Foundation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Unhealthy Environment
Administration (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJuly 8, 2018
Simply one of the most toxic places that I have had the misfortune of working at. The backbiting and unethical behaviors are a top down trait at this agency. There is no sense of accomplishment let alone safety and employee engagement here. Enter at your own risk.
Pros
Cons
Many
Terrible Organization
Clinical Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 30, 2018
Neglectful, extremely poor management, many lies, HR does not take action against management. Every week a minimum of 5 people resign. Pay is very low; especially for CNA and Home Health Aides.
Pros
Strict, scheduled, and timed 1 hour lunch break.
A revolving door
Finance (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAApril 25, 2018
Very stressful environment to work. Management don’t know what they are doing most of the time. Nothing enjoyable about this job.would not recommend this place at all.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, stressful environment, expensive health insurance
Great people to work with
Clinical Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAApril 4, 2018
HHF is an awesome company. That said, I see there are a lot of changes in the making under new management. I think that the people with the most responsibility get paid less than they are worth. The company needs to focus more on the workers who keep everything running smoothly, instead of hiring more managers at a higher pay rate. The company doesn't need more management they just need to focus more on the day to day operations and the workers who make that possible. The clinicians aren't compensated enough for the paperwork that the governmental bureaucracy requires of them. Quality of care for the patients is the number one focus in this company. Home health is a difficult field to work in but the rewards are great, knowing that you are providing a crucial service for those in need.
Pros
Great people to work with, great benefits, great service model.
Cons
Not compensated enough for quality and quantity of job duties.
great pay but bullying is a serious issue
Intake Department/Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAFebruary 4, 2018
bullying in the workplace is very real and very intense and the hours are long. There isn't enough cross training leaving no one to help when overloaded with assignments. There is quotas and everyone is overwhelmed trying to do impossible clerical to do lists.
Pros
1 hr lunch break
Cons
bullies
I do recommend this place to work but not for a long time because you do tend to wear down/there is advancement but for RN positions only.
Utilization Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 8, 2018
Alsways working like on the edge, almost everyone thinks their concern is priority pushing you to make mistakes. A fast pace environment, conpetitive and unhealthy to work in, no ventilation and always cold or too dusty. Benefits are great and some people there are really good to work with because they do try to do the best for the sorounding community. Hoping that they do not change the ultimate goal of the organization as a whole which is to give the upmost care to those people who are really in need and not to loose the human touch caring for all in need as if everyone is the same even when is very noticeable that many people are living under poverty in many communities.
Pros
Location is great, benefits are great
Cons
employees health care is too costly, break is too short;new administration usually happens every 2 to 3 years.
Quality Vs Quantity
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MASeptember 18, 2017
Agency cares for it's patients and truly wants to provide good health care. However, they fall short due to mismanagement. There is a high turnover rate in both clinical staff and clinical supportive staff.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
staff shortages, high turnover rate, micromanagement
Fast paced environment however not fast enough for me.
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 28, 2017
This was a good stepping stone to my next position. I did like the employees and management, however the training was not that adequate. It was not a fast enough pace for me.
Pros
Local
Cons
Slower than I like
not the best environment.
Clinical Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 1, 2017
Very Stressful place to work. people come and go on a daily basis. I would not recommend anyone working here. We are given to many task with out having the proper tools to do our jobs.
Pros
Cons
low pay, not enough nursing staff
Perfect setting for those looking for flexibility! Great company to work for!
Physical therapist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJuly 17, 2017
I recommend home health for those looking for more flexibility. Home Health VNA is a great company to work for! I highly recommend this to those looking for wonderful people to work with.
Worked flexibility is great but pay wasn't
Hospice rncm (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJuly 7, 2017
I was a salaried hospice nurse and the hourly compensation wasn't great but the management and work load was very doable. Lots of traveling which isn't unusual for any home care position.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pat
Great Company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 31, 2017
Needs a little bit more security. Schedules ae never he same and can not always going to have a reliable schedule. Benefits are great have a lot of resources for employees
Very caring company
Clinical Scheduler / Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 6, 2017
I was working for this company for about 10 years and I can honestly say that they care about there patients very much and always have them in there best interest. As for the treatment of there employees they can do better. the VNA is a non-profit company with a for-profit mentality. They have not always been this way until a few years ago when the CEO and VP retired and there replacements came in.
Pros
Caring company
Cons
for-profit mentality
Lawrence area
RN Case manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MADecember 29, 2015
Work independently, driving to pt's homes in geographical area. Collaborate with physician offices, coworkers. Managing visit frequency and scheduling of sn care.
June 30, 2016

Excellent description of what we do here! This is an opportunity to use your critical thinking skills in an independent environment with collaborative support

reputable agency
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Newburyport, MAJuly 13, 2015
can ask you to travel very far, keep the agency under staffed for most of the time, no office time to complete paperwork, a lot of paperwork is done at home and not paid for
June 6, 2016

Home Health care by nature, varies in demand so at times when the referrals increase, the work load appears to be greater, but not because of understaffing. We are building a PD pool for these times, when the referrals are high. Thank you for your comments and feedback.

Great Company to work for
Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  PeabodySeptember 17, 2014
Typical day is from 9-5 seeing patients on a M-F basis.
I learned how to be independent and think on my feet. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the appreciation on my patient and family's face when discharged from the Agency.
June 30, 2016

Wonderful, and thank you for the comment. The Peabody team is well supported by a wonderful clinical manager and director. this description truly depicts a day in the life, please be sure to let HR know if there is anything we can support you with at any time.

June 6, 2016

Thank you! Let us know how we can support you best, this positive review shows your loyalty and commitment to our patients, thank you

a caring non-profit organization with loyal staff
Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MASeptember 12, 2014
A fast paced environment, constantly solving staffing issues as well as client concerns.

I learned alot about health care and how it is administered , mainly to an elderly population.

I worked with conscienceous people who stayed until the job was done,

The hardest part of the job was keeping all of the participants satisfied the workers, clients and Elder Services.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the thank-you from the clients and their families for dependability and understanding.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
having to cover week-end on call, limit on summer vacation time
It was a great work place where you are always learning.
PCA - Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAFebruary 26, 2014
I enjoyed working for Home Health VNA because i love working with people and helping the elderly. They took good care of their employees making sure we were educated on body mechanics. The employers at Home Health VNA are very encouraging when it came to furthering your career.
A positive place to work. Office is always a friendly environment. Management very helpful
Telehealth Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MaNovember 26, 2013
Everyone was friendly, no office backbiting. Management would give us gift cards as thank yous. An inservice with a nice dinner was held every year during Nurses' Week. Education of staff was impressive and immediate with any new policies such as documentation with regard to reimbursement. I liked sitting with my co workers in the morning as we brainstormed together with regards to daily challenges. The hardest part of my job when I was doing visits was travelling during severe weather. I am proud to say I never missed a day of work based on weather. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the impact I had on my patients. As I was the one who saw them on their 1st day home from hospital or snf they were always so relieved when I "got their meds straightened out" and laid out the plan of care and confirmed everything with their doctor. I also liked the positive effects of education. When my patient would say, "I never knew that, I'm so glad you came today, I learned so much!!" Such a reward for any nurse. I would still be working for HHVNA but I had to be laid off due to ever tightening budget constraints. A pay cut would have been acceptable but it seems they want an LPN or tech in my position as Telemonitor Nurse for CHF and other high risk patients. HHVNA was the best job I ever had.
Good work and home life balance but very low pay for communities we go into
Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 3, 2013
Overall my experience wasn't too bad. My clinical Manager was fantastic in her role. However the schedulers often would overload our day with patients and when we would call and say we could not see that many, often times we were told "there isn't anyone else". Luckily my manager supported us but I am well aware not all did with their staff nurses. Some areas we went to were unsavory and had incidents occur. When the acting DON would find out, her answers were not appropriate for the situations that occurred. She was not a very understanding person in the least! I liked using my skills that I had learned in critical care for the more complex patients in the community such as IV's, CHF, Wounds and things of that nature. However, the pay is horrendous and the benefits are even worse! You have to bargain just to break a reasonable paycheck a week! Co workers were great as far as the multidisciplinary team I worked with. All were very knowledgeable.
Pros
Fits in with home life, great coworkers
Cons
overloaded schedule, poor understanding from DON, poor pay/benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Health Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.3InHerSight Score

4.5Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight