Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

Found 3,299 reviews matching the search See all 3,638 reviews
Poor Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 19, 2019
Extremely poor management, last minute schedules and extremely unwilling to work with you for any family emergencies or scheduling conflicts due to their last minute schedules.
Flexible work hours
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 19, 2019
The office staff was very friendly. The company tried to work with you. I personally needed more hours. The pay rate could definitely have been upgraded.
Don't work here!
Caregiver for Elderly (Current Employee) –  Gansevoort, NYJanuary 19, 2019
Office staff is constantly rude and putting the blame on caregivers when it's their fault. Won't give permanent clients. They gave me 3 clients a week that totaled only 6 hours and expected me to live off of thay making $12/hr. They're crazy. No one stays on this particular location because of low hours, low pay and how rude the office staff is. I will never recommend someone apply to this company. The clients were usually great but when you have to interact constantly with the office who treats you lowk dirt, it's not worth it. They get mad if they try to get you to cover last minute shifts and you can't. Just a terrible place
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits unless full time and they won't give you full time hours just so they don't have to pay, office staff is rude, low wages compared to companies locally that offer same job, can't get hours to make a living
Never enough clients
aide (Former Employee) –  Jeannette, PAJanuary 17, 2019
I never got enough hours to pay my bills. There were never enough of a client pool in order to get the hours you need to earn full time. The stable houses were never available to me
Pros
you can pick and choose from limited poor for clients
Cons
I was never able to get enough hours
Don’t waste you time
Companion Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2019
I believe they was ripping us off for our hours and making us work overnight for 12 hours But only getting paid for 4 hour I wouldn’t recommend My dog to work there
Pros
The receptionist Was awesome
Cons
The whole company need to be in the trash
very serious job
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJanuary 17, 2019
working at home instead is a serious job because you are responsible for your client and making sure they get their proper medicine, make sure they are not harmed in anyway if a emergency accrue you have to make sure the proper steps are taking you will have a emergency contact number to call
Pros
eat at your own time
Cons
short hours
poor pay and bennies
care giver (Current Employee) –  Monona, WIJanuary 16, 2019
no consistent hours, no job security, poor training opportunities. Clientell could change easily, inconsistent work duties. poor pay. Raises are not based on skill level but on how many hours a person works. How and what raises are based on is not given to employee.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor pay, no job consistency
It’s ok but not the best
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 16, 2019
This job is good as far as being able to help people but they send you to work any where not considering the drive to get there send u hours out not worth it some times no benefits at all pay us not much management not all that well so many people in and out of the office it’s crazy they call with last minute shifts etc just nothing to work for good if you do work there it would be temporary trust and believe sometimes you don’t even get to eat they don’t seem to care about their caregivers not Christmas gifts of bonus just nothing
Pros
Helping the elderly
Cons
Tons
quality care
HCA (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 15, 2019
they provide care and support to all staff. great company! i recommend giving them a try, if you love working and helping others! it really is a wonderful place!
Pros
awesome staff
Fun and relax
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA 94085January 15, 2019
This job is take care senior amd share routine day with them, help them do some exercise and housekeeping. The mostly things they need help is meal and personal care.
Pros
Short shift
Cons
Don't have enough shift as you need
Work you like a dog
CAREGiver (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 15, 2019
Took this job because I wanted to help people, however, I quickly learned that they don't value the client comfort over monetary gain for the company. Also, found it to be a poor culture, as it seems they limit their hires leading to being extremely overworked. They don't like it when you say no and seems to favor certain employees.
Flexible hours
Elder Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 14, 2019
I had an elderly women 90 years old who I truly enjoyed getting to know as well as her family. She showly became more difficult to care for as she slowed down and became difficult to ambulate and it required her sons to help with bathing as she fell several times and became weak and a challenage. Reported to the agency and shortly after that I needed to stay home to watch my grandaughter. I enjoyed getting to know her and spend time with her.
Not likley to reccomend
Caregiver for Elderly (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 14, 2019
I love working with the elderly. My first few weeks were not the best due to the office. When my clients would not need care for the day, I would get notified when I already drove almost an hour to the house.
Helping seniors
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27615January 14, 2019
You go to elderly peoples homes and help them with personal care. sometimes youll have to bathe them, sometimes you feed them. honestly 9.00 an hour is not enough when the work is so unstable and youre changing diapers.
Pros
helping elderly
Cons
pay, lack of benefits
Good place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 13, 2019
Good environment. Nice place to work. Flexible environment. People are kind. Assist clients in their daily personal tasks, such as bathing or dressing
Housekeeping, such as laundry, washing dishes, and vacuuming
Help to organize a client’s schedule and plan appointments
Arrange transportation to doctors’ offices or other outings
Shop for groceries and prepare meals to meet a client’s dietary specifications
Keep clients engaged in their social networks and communities
A great company to work for.
Support staff (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJanuary 13, 2019
In a days work your patient are different you may have one that is paraplegic or one with alzheimer and just an elderly patient that need someone home with them to help with cooking cleaning getting out there clothe ext. That is one job I loved must of all.
Pros
People caring telling stories and reminiscing of there past.
Cons
If they past away that's the hardest part.
it was fun i like old people
Dishwasher/Cook (Former Employee) –  Cortez, COJanuary 13, 2019
it is fun being around old people and playing board games taking care of them was one of the best things i the world but the location not so much . the pay was good.
Excellant place to work!
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  State College, PAJanuary 13, 2019
Kind and informed staff are always willing to help resolve any concerns/issues with clients. I have a great deal of respect for my superiors in the way they treat all of their employees. I love helping people that appreciate and NEED the help!
Good job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 12, 2019
It was a good work experience if you like to pick your own hours. It was satisfying to work with people and you learn about yourself and others. Hardest part of the job would be changing clients.
Great mission! The branch I worked at lacked in management and follow through.
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Great mission! The branch I worked at lacked in management and follow through. Over all a great company to work for. Each franchise is privately owned so the management reflects the owner. But the protocol of the Homestead Senior Care is top of the line! I would highly recommend it to searching protential Clients.
Pros
Great mission and protocol
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss