Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

I could choose my own hours
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJune 21, 2018
I was able to work when I wanted to work. The clients that I had were always appreciative of everything that I did. Communication between management and the caregivers was good, provided needed training to be effective and efficient wherever I was placed.
Pros
Choose my own hours
Cons
Some clients were not always welcoming
don't recommend
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 21, 2018
don't recommend working there. very poor management. Very back stabbing. More concerned about the profit than the client. Very bad training too. High employee turnover rate.
Wonderful Place
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 20, 2018
Its a wonderful place to work, with great people! I would defiantly suggest that someone should apply. Most of the clients are easy to "fall in love" with.
Horrible place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
This company to rude to the patients as well as the caregivers that work for them. They are inconsiderate of caregivers needs to take time off for emergency situations. They talk down to you and dont return calls in regards to the patients needs.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
RUDE staffing
Flexible work schedule...great office personnel.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 19, 2018
This is not a bad place to work. They are good about working around your schedule. Also, got to work with some great co-workers. You get to meet and work with some great clients, although it's hard not to get attached. Ultimately, the attachment to clients is what lead me to leave. It just ended up being to heart wrenching when something happens to a client. While this can be a rewarding job it is not necessarily an easy one.

Depending on the client a typical day could include: light housekeeping, laundry,meal prep, medication reminders, grooming and help with bathing. Sometimes using a lift is required. This is a lot like being a CNA, without the pay a CNA would get. Pay for this job is not great and should be better. Especially since you are caring and ultimately responsible for a human being.
Pros
Meeting and getting to know clients
Cons
Pay rate is terrible!
pleasant managment
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Home Instead. Everyone is made to feel welcome, The scheduling staff work with you to get maximum hours.
The hardest part is when a client passes away
Client/Compensation
Provide Companionship & Home Helper - Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 19, 2018
Depending on the client it was a very relaxed atmosphere - problems were handled according to their Health Situation. The enjoyable part was getting to know my clients and there needs and being able to meet that need. No one is treated the same.I wouldn't say the jobs were hard but a challenge, in a good way because you're constantly learning.
Great wished they paid more
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 19, 2018
I really loved working for this company and elderly clients. Management great. They care about their clients & employee's. Sad part about working here is sometimes your clients passing away. If you love people and love to help others, then this is a great job to be. They will work with your schedule but it can affect work flow or the amount of clients you get.
Pros
Great Co. to work for!
Cons
Low pay and crazy hours at times.
Not a professional work environment
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 19, 2018
Highly unethical company that does not actually understand how to provide care to seniors. The "sale" was rushed and not enough time taken to really understand the client's needs. The caregivers were not followed closely enough to ensure quality care was provided. The expectation of all was that they work nonstop... in the event that you had a reason to be gone, it was held against you, even if the time was made up.
Good Place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCJune 19, 2018
Good place to work caring for seniors. No benefits, low pay.Good office personnel. Very nice clients to work with. It is not a very hard job. They work with you if you need days off.
Poor managment
Coordinate CAREGiver (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 19, 2018
it was my experience that my upper management cared little for the clients and more about conferences, cruises and other perks. Management sent inexperienced caregivers out to a client when there was a staffing shortage. This was done with my thought for the care level of the client t and made the caregiver faced a situation they were not trained to handle...
The Managment is rude and terrible
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJune 18, 2018
I recently quit home instead because of the managment. I took 2 days off because I had the flu(I had doctors notes to cover it and a date when I was SUPPOSED to go back, well home instead got mad at me so I went back to work with the flu. Very rude. No one shows up on time. My last client had Alzheimer’s(I would work 3rd shift) and no one would be there at 7 am to relieve me. After staying up all night you would think I would enjoy going home and getting some rest but nope, home instead got mad again! I can never reason with these people. $70 a week isn’t worth my mental health.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Applying there in the 1st place
Not my first choice
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLJune 18, 2018
I loved my client however received no backing or communication from the office. Left by my own choice and once I put in my two weeks the office staff began communicating and making demands in a rude manner.
Attendance
Home Health Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  HhaJune 17, 2018
I had alot going on this year and they had no problem giving me time off and then I was put on a no lift restriction so it wasn't their fault and so they put me on a loa and I am able to work now but they don't have work for me and plus I need a full-time job with steady hours
Nice people to work for!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 16, 2018
Not enough pay and no benefits. I had to drive all over Vanderburgh, Warrick and Gibson counties with no pay for mileage. Sometimes had difficult clients!
Pros
The clients you care for
Cons
No reimbursement for driving all over to get to jobs.
Understanding and Caring
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 15, 2018
Very good starter job if you like helping others and have the patience to deal with other people. Some days I would work 4-8hours it just depends on when you are available.
Cons
pay is low
Low pay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 15, 2018
I love what I do. Staffing employees are nice & don't give you a hard time if you turn down a shift. However, I'm a CNA & my daughter bags groceries & makes more $/hr. than I do. The flexibility is the only reason I stay.
Pros
Flexibility. Time & a half on holidays
Cons
Pay sux, No room for advancement
flexible
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 14, 2018
Very flexible to work with. You pretty much make your own schedule. Wages and benefits are not offered with this company, it would great if it was an option.
Pros
flexible
Cons
wages
Exciting working with new clients
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, MOJune 14, 2018
Good place to work. Management is very up to date on everything and very professional. Gives raises and praise where deserved. Continues to try and improve classes.
Good place to work for part-time
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARJune 14, 2018
If you are wanting a position that has a very flexible schedule this is it. Has good Christian values, choose the type of work that you do and who for.
Pros
Meeting new people and family, values, flexibility
Cons
Wages, communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight