Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

Found 2,989 reviews matching the search See all 3,303 reviews
Loved working with the disabled and elderly
PERSONAL CARE ASSITANT (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCSeptember 24, 2018
worked in clients homes, cleaning doing laundry, dishes, cooking, showering, Bringing clients to doctor appointments. Working closely with clients in their everyday life..
Pros
loved caregiving for disabled and elderly
Cons
pay was not high enough
A great company to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 24, 2018
I love Home Instead. They are one of the few companies that are not age discriminitive. It has a great work environment. A flexible work schedule, great staff.
Pros
A great work environment
Cons
Low wages
Great
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INSeptember 24, 2018
Awesome place to work. Best flexible hours care about employees good pay per hour and they always make sure the caregivers are happy.The check with them every 3 months one on one to make sure they are content.
Pros
Flexible
Worst Job Experience Ever
Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLSeptember 23, 2018
The company Home Instead has a great plan. It is the Orange Park, FL branch that has a serious issue....Something is seriously wrong there. From the bad attitude about the veteran clients (state makes Home Instead take them at a cut rate so they do not make money on them...therefore vets get the LAST consideration for EVERYTHING) to having video cameras taping the office staff 100% of the time they were in the office!! The atmosphere is so oppressive. Out of an office staff of 5, 4 of them walked out within a 2 week period....without even having jobs to go to! The fifth one left within the next month.
Pros
Got to help great people
Cons
Boss made you feel worthless
Good company to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Get to know your client follow a routine that they may already have if not Try to set a routine that works best for you and your client I love being a caregiver I absolutely enjoy the company of my elders and helping people that are on able to help themselves I love interacting and getting to know my clients better
Pros
Making sure my client is fed
Cons
walking exercises
Great Company with Integrity
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 20, 2018
Such a fulfilling job working for the elderly and making an impact on this season of their life. Office staff is very personable and they all have such a great heart for people. They treat their employees like family.
Enjoyed my clients
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Great place to work, I though feel the management might be more concerned about clients and never give attention to workers or explore how workers feels about some certain things. But overall, I love them...this is the ONLY company that will pay your check before normal time. on that I give them 100%.
Caregiver
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 20, 2018
This company is pretty flexible and responsible with the patient. I love to work there because they always help me accommodate my schedule and there very pro-active regarding elderly patient.
great work place
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILSeptember 20, 2018
been with this company for about 5 years.. they work wth my hours and my days.. they understand that i have kids and so the client they giver me works perfect with my open schedule..
Favorable Experience
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 20, 2018
Management willing to listen and find answers/solutions.
Training was very good, felt that I had all the knowledge to do the best job possible.
On the down side, I sometimes spent more time traveling than I actually worked.
Encouraging Independence
Private Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CASeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed this job because it was simply being a companion to someone who was alone. Whether their family was to busy to stop in and visit or they did not live in the area, families were comforted to know there were people available to watch tv with their loved ones or sit in the other room while they took a nap, made sure they ate and maintained healthy hygiene. I drove a woman to her hair appointment every week because it was something she had done all her life. Took a man to the grocery store once a week because he was afraid if he bought food for 2 weeks, it would go bad. This company provided a sense of safety and independence to people without taking them out out of their homes.
Pros
safety within the home
Cons
no benefits
A very non-professional environment to work in
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Zelienople, PASeptember 19, 2018
The management is 110% cut-throat with the employees, clients, and caregivers. Every man for themselves there. They do not care about anyone, but their own hide. The tension in air was a sharp as a knife between numerous people. Benefits not offered and low pay. My position was eliminated after working a full day on a Friday. No warning, but only lame excuses. Never received a warning, nor a pink paper stating that any kind of lack of performance. The staffer that is still there has been reprimanded numerous times, but the only one that is still there. The turn-over is 110% high. If you see a position for staffing, RUN! Do yourself a favor!
Pros
Cons
Cut-throat, uses people, no benefits, no care nor compassion for their clients, employees, and caregivers
Excellent Company
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 19, 2018
Excellent Company with friendly staff. Offer training for more experience and higher pay. Make as many hours as you like a week not exceeding over 40.
Pros
Free Training
It's nice when I go to people house and they have air condition
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 18, 2018
Is a pretty cool job but in more pay we also need to find out if people need housekeepers because some elderly don't need help with their selves or getting dressed they just want you to come and clean your house top to bottom
very nice job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 17, 2018
Very cool job. When i first got hired here the ladies in the office were so mice and fun to be around. This is where i first learned how to use a gait belt and hoyer lift in training. When they sent me out in my first job i was super nervous, but you could always call the office 24/7 and ask them questions which was really nice. Great company to work for and good pay.
It was a great place to work..
Elderly Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYSeptember 17, 2018
I really enjoyed doin this job but when I was told this they didn't want to listen to me when I said I don't wanna loose my baby.. if it wasn't for 5hat I would prolly still be there I worked 12-18 hrs shifts and never complained but that one time.. the people and employees was so nice n carrying I really did like this job..
Pros
I could call n check on my son any time i wanted to
Cons
The working long hrs n never bein with my babies
Very Friendly staff and very flexible hours
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Senior Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 16, 2018
the staff is very friendly and are always willing to work with you. Home Instead was my first job after getting my certification and they were very welcoming and understanding to my new experience. I love working with the various types of people and learning different things about them. I have also recommended people to Home Instead to work.
Productive place to work at
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 15, 2018
I enjoyed working with the company and the clients as well. I enjoyed working with the clients as well as meeting with their families.I helped to assist clients with medication reminders as well as doctor's appointments and errands and other personal assistance that they may have.
Pros
Start out having many hours
Cons
When you have to change clients you will have a break in getting hours
Exciting and dynamic place to work.
Senior Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CASeptember 14, 2018
It is an environment where you are able to interact with the senior client and family and make a difference in their every day life. It is very enriching and fulfilling.
Pros
Holiday and employee events
hha
CareGiver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 14, 2018
They do not pay over time but you can work 100 hrs a week their cases are never reliable and the staffing is rude they are family owned by sisters and one of their daughters

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight