Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

Found 3,136 reviews matching the search See all 3,459 reviews
Not the best training
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 14, 2018
The training is rushed and weak. People with no experience are sent out alone after 3 days of training to care for others. Food permits are not required while caregivers are required to cook meals.
Best part is the clients
Caregiver for Elderly (Former Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 14, 2018
You will be called around the clock to fill in.
It isn't a very difficult job. Mostly light cleaning and cooking, maybe personal care. It depends on which client you are assigned to. The coordinators did a pretty good job matching caregivers with clients based on what the caregiver could do or was willing to do, and what the client needed.
The only drawbacks to the job were low pay, mostly no benefits unless you worked full time for a while. Some upper management/office staff were friendly, but SOME treated caregivers as if they are a lower class than them. That is a shame, since caregivers are what mostly makes up the company/face of the company, and makes the CEO the big $$$.
Pros
Mostly flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay
Slow paced job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 12, 2018
If you don't like a lot of down time this job is not for you. It is very slow paced and sometimes it is very hard when you loose a client. That is the part of the job I do not like. I do not like the way the office is they do not support us in the field.
Home Instead Senior Care
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILNovember 12, 2018
Friendly. Caring, Staff.
Hours are there.
You are dealing with a lot of different age groups.

One thing I can say, they are outstanding when it comes to caring for you and your loved ones.
Cons
The work can be stressful and costly part-time people don't get benefits.
Caring for elder people in their homes.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2018
Prepare and serve their meals for them. Remind them to take medications. Performing blood pressure and vitals. Bathing and grooming elders. It takes a special and dedicated person to take care of the elderly. Management is pretty ok but at times it can be improved. The hardest part of the job is wanting to do more for your client but you can't once it is out of your scope of practice. The most enjoyable part of the job is the passion for helping others and knowing how to assist and understand them.
Pros
Builidng relationships. Gaining experience.
Cons
Getting attached to someone who is near passing or has passed away.
meet new people
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WINovember 12, 2018
you learn a lot in this job. not just about what you need to do, but from the people you work with. you become a regular person in the lives of your clients and their families. you build trust and friendships. these people depend on you sometimes. it teaches you a whole new level of responsibility.
Good Company
Senior Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORNovember 11, 2018
Good Company. Relaxed environment. Cares for people.Helpful to seniors. Good Caregivers. Makes a difference in seniors lives. Involved in the community.
Clients are great!
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSNovember 11, 2018
Everyday at Home Instead is a new day. You never really know what to expect, yet each day can be repetitive as well Its just the luck of the draw with this job,
caregivers have opportunities to work as much as they want
Assistant Staffing Coordinator /On-Call Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, CONovember 10, 2018
You get to care for people and develop a relationship with them. You learn how to do individualized care for each client. You feel good about helping your clients and being supportive. Workplace culture is supportive and they do ongoing training for caregivers. The hardest part of the job is watching your clients decline or get taken to a skilled facility or pass away. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to help others and that feels good.
Pros
free ongoing training
Cons
pay
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 10, 2018
Home Instead offers classes to become more knowledgeable in dementia and Alzheimer disease. I learned so many things while working as a nursing assistant before I became licensed. I am greatful for everything they taught me.
Very relaxed and enjoyed taking care of residents at their homes
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILNovember 9, 2018
The most enjoyable is the residents. The job is not hard at all. Management was wonderful, very nice people. A typical day is going into someones home and cooking, cleaning, running errands, making sure they took their meds.
Pros
Residents, management
Cons
not enough pay or hrs.
It was enjoyable
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2018
It was a fine place to work part time. It doesn't pay a lot but it was OK for that time in my life.

I loved the people I helped care for. I met some great people.
Pros
I met some great people
Cons
A lot of driving
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 9, 2018
I loved working for HISC. They had many training classes available and they were very focused on making sure you felt comfortable in any home you entered.
Pros
Training available
Cons
No job security- based on client needs
Low stress, accomadating to schedule
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INNovember 8, 2018
Home Instead was a part time job I worked unti I was given full time with another company. Management was easy to work with, and the person I was caring for was wonderful. I never dreaded going to work.
Pros
Low stress, wrk not difficult
Cons
Lifting/moving client
It's wonderful to make a difference in someone's life especially helping senior.
Senior Caregiver (Current Employee) –  British ColumbiaNovember 7, 2018
It's satisfy job in making difference in someone's life. Helping senior with their ADL's helping someone in need when disabilities bring them down and you are there to help them the best you can. Give them the best care that you can is very satisfying and happy that your help bring them some comfort when they need the most.
Pros
Very enjoyable that you can care for someone and make the difference in their life.
Cons
It's stressful when you are attach to the person you care for it hard to see them suffer.
Very caring
Pca (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 7, 2018
Home instead is a wonderful place to work. They truley understand what it is totake care of the elderly. Each new client we take on is one more story to be told one more life we can make easier or pleasant.
Pros
Caregivers, staff and clients
Cons
Not for the faint of heart
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNNovember 6, 2018
The work is mostly rewarding but I feel very undertrained and there is minimal communication between caregivers and management, in fact, I can't really say that I even know who my direct manager is. I love my clients but the company seems to really only want warm bodies in slots.
Not the best place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 6, 2018
I had a lot of problems working here. When I first started, it took 3 months for them to give me regular shifts. I was working maybe 1 every 2 weeks. The pay is less than what I could make at McDonald’s (which is not much) and pay days were never consistent. I once went a whole month without being paid. I never had any time to make plans because the schedule would change without notice for the next day, time off wasn’t guaranteed, and days off would be taken away all the time (especially the night before) without notice. I felt like I was always on call, maybe it’s because of the lack of employees, but it makes it really hard to schedule appointments for my health issues. Meetings were always scheduled when I had shifts, which makes it really hard to go to mandatory meetings. The management wasn’t the greatest either. I once waited at a clients house (without getting paid) for a half hour and my boss didn’t care that the client wasn’t there and I was expected to sit there and wait off the clock. I never really called off, but the one time I did, I had an endometriosis flare up and couldn’t go into work. As I was crying on the phone, in pain, the manager told me to take a mydol and get into the shift. Honestly, I would never work here again.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, no benefits, very inconsistent hours, no communication
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, CONovember 6, 2018
Great place to work if you are the caregiver type. Flexible hours, flexible service area. Management is helpful and frienfly. Compensation is not the best but the flexibility makes up for it.
Wonderful Atmosphere with even better people
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARNovember 5, 2018
This is a wonderful place to work with even better people, not all days or clients are the same, and not all tasks for every client is the same, the company always tries to match Caregivers and Clients together that will work really well together
Pros
Wonderful atmosphere, 401K, referal bonus for clients and caregivers, Multiple options for advancement and pay raise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss