Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

Efficient and loving work environment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCApril 19, 2018
Very professional, loving and caring for both employees and clients. Allows you to work at a steady pace providing a comfortable environment to establish a personal connection with each client. Would definitely work there again!
Hardest part of job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 19, 2018
The majority of clients were Veterans. Becoming attached to your client when they pass away. No benefits due to not part time work.
Full time employment only for per diem shift.
Pros
Not enough hours per week
Cons
Company had high turn over of employees
Good Training
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLApril 19, 2018
They provided good training and had good working conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients and their relatives. The hardest part of the job is when the client dies.
Job
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 19, 2018
Clients were very good to work for. Easy and not to demanding. Light housekeeping, meal preparation, transportation to doctor appointments, shopping
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Unpredictable
great place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAApril 18, 2018
besides the constant texts and calls for coverage, they were very flexible with your hours and had a very welcoming environment. I enjoyed all my clients and was just a great atmosphere to be in
Working Home Health Aide
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 18, 2018
You really don't go to the office unless you need something. The pay really isn't great but if you like working with old people and just like people in general this is something you would like to do. Great people skills are great to have when working with people. Management is OK. A typical work day is whatever you make of it, you try to make the best of it but it doesn't always work like that but you make the best of everything you do.
Okay job
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 18, 2018
Everything was okay, there's not much else to say. Pay could have been better, work life balance could have also been better. There were also no PTO or benefits available to employees.
I enjoyed working here
Caregiver (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAApril 18, 2018
During the time I worked her I loved my clients and management was very helpful. The pay and hours were not disiereable. They did not offer benefits. I believe the pay scale and benefits are better now.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Low pay
Kept me busy
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 18, 2018
Various assignments received as expected within the area I requested and hours I requested. Changing patients was the most difficult part of the job. Patients doing well was the rewarding part of the job.
Pros
Create ones own work schedule availability
Cons
Not much in the way of benefits
needs better guidelines
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCApril 17, 2018
i really love working with people. They really need to have better training and actually listen to the clients needs and wants. They tend to care more about money.
very caring and flexible management
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVApril 17, 2018
The job itself is not for everyone, you need to have the passion to help people and put your mind past the fact that these seniors are sometimes difficult to work with because of their disabilities and medical issues.
Not truthful
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCApril 17, 2018
Some of the office staff are sheeps in wolves clothing. They will smile in your face and then stab you in the back when you stop running yourself ragged for them when they call you at the last minute to fill in for a call off, or to stage a new client.
This job is good for students or retired workers who want extra income
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 16, 2018
If you like working in a fast paced environment then this is not the job for you. This is a job working with the elderly so patience is a must. You will be helping the elderly in their homes with activities of daily living, errands, light housekeeping and companionship.
Home health
Senior Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 16, 2018
• Administer prescribed oral medications directed by physician
• Maintain records of patient care, condition, and progress
• Provide patient families with emotional support and instructions
• Discuss observations of patients with supervisor
• Transport patients to doctor appointments and daily activities
Good training program, not ideal unless you like burning gas for low wages, Ideal for people who work just for personal rewarding elderly interaction.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOApril 16, 2018
Training program was great, Very sweet trainer, poor communication on how much you are making, in training, per type of job. Too many superiors in office, surely making 2 times what CAREgivers make, which in tern makes for your checks being a day or two short without explanation other than the usual" oh we are changing so much", This place needs lots of changes other than updating software! I encountered lots of disgruntled family members with the poor company/client communication. This would be a good job if you could actually make money, rather than spending half or more on the gas to get to clients, also days off are just the opposite , this place will call or text/email until your are crazy. I am sad to say just a less than I expected job.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short shifts
Loved the paitents. Not the staff.
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 16, 2018
The paitents were great... definitely something I loved doing. The staff wasn’t so great. They were hard to deal with. And this company charges these people 60+ dollars an HOUR... but In turn I only got paid 7.50. Not worth the hassle.
Professional
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 15, 2018
Everyone is very professional, helpful and supportive at HomeInstead. I wanted to stay working for HomeInstead and would have if there were a way for me to climb to a better wage and keep HomeInstead (caring for elders) my career.
Not able to have health benifits
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakmont, PAApril 13, 2018
Found a full time employment with health benifits and monday -friday steady work shceudle.
I was doing this part time until I was able to secure a better position.
Pros
Working with the edlery population was rewrding .
Cons
no health benifits
Joyful work place
HHA/Caregiver Homemaker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 12, 2018
I love home instead HR is very nice loveable people! Just tired of all the driving way out want something more steady! I would recommend people’s who love driving and being out in the field! 🙂
Pros
You meet Good people
Cons
You may not have them long
job
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 11, 2018
home instead in fortcollins was a very great place to be working really enjoyed my time with them very much. wish i could go back there and work with them but im too far away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.