Home Properties Employee Reviews

Leasing Agent/Bookkeeper
Leasing Agent/Bookkeeper, Sherry Lake Apartments (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 3, 2018
I loved working for HP!! I was quickly promoted from a customer service/sales position to bookkeeper. This was my true experience with Accounts Receivable.
Experience
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bayport, NYJune 29, 2018
Great Training
Room for growth in the company
The company is located all over long Island but I believe it has been sold to another management company
Tragic change of events
Regional Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILApril 12, 2018
Home Properties was an excellent company to work for until they were bought out by Lighthouse Mgmt in 2013. At that point the company philosophy and dynamics were changed, the company no longer valued either their employees or their residents. Their main goal was to sell each individual property for profit, and they began the downsizing process. For as much as I loved working at Home Properties and called my fellow employees family, I would never recommend this company again.
Great company
Director of Environmental Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 26, 2018
Home Properties was a wonderful company to work for. They were purchased a few years ago and unfortunately the company's long term prospects for employment were not available.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAMarch 21, 2018
Morvan The Service Manager is such a Nice Guy But He was never allowed to Be His Role as Service Manager It was always the Property Manager Pulling the Strings behind the scenes and never allowed him to have a voice and we never had basic things in the shop like screws or basic things to do a job correctly it was always Cheap and Quick and the residents and employees sufffer because of it.
Busy productive work place
Resident Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDMarch 21, 2018
It is what you make it, it can be fun depending on you and you co-workers. Home Properties does promote from within. Raises could be better, but overall a decent place to work.
Pros
20% off rent
Cons
low raises, stressful, large work loads
ok company
Lead Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAMarch 19, 2018
property manager was amazing and work and life balance was good. no advancement and no appreciation for hard work they were cheap. they no longer are a big company.
Maint
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDMarch 8, 2018
• Turned apartments
• Participated in on call rotation
• Tile work
• Bathroom remodels
• Any plumbing concerns
• Basic electric concerns
• Install water heaters (gas, electric)
• Install and repair dry wall
• Maintain community grounds and cleanliness
• Receive maintenance deliveries
• Escort contractors
• Participate and perform in annual inspections
Merger Ruined a Good Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 28, 2018
Home Properties was a good place and had some great individuals working for it. However, a year before I left, the company had undergone a merger/acquisition and the company was gutted and a shell of itself.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Too many cooks in the kitchen
I love being Home!
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 23, 2018
I had an amazing career with Home Properties. I was given opportunity to advance in my career with great compensation. There was great training provided, and awesome incentives. Home Properties was the deciding factor in my career path, and I am happy.
Pros
Great company overall
Cons
Na
excelent
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 7, 2018
was good to work with home property I would like to come back
I started with home and learned a lot from manager and co workers
they have good benefits
good job to have
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 17, 2017
come in do grounds after that complete work orders or if there was a vacant to do we would do them and other things like evictions move aplliances and other items
Pros
great company
Cons
oncall
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJDecember 7, 2017
Homeproperties was an amazing company to work for they not only care about the communities but the employees and well. Great work and home life balance. Would have stayed with the company forever should it not have sold my community.
Great job opportunity and pay
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDNovember 5, 2017
Work hours were long but had plenty of work. Classes were offered and plenty events to meet people throughout the company. Lacks advancement and lacked fairness.
Pros
Great pay and compisation
Cons
No advancement
Excellent place to work until privitized.
ITSM Operations & Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 4, 2017
The company was stellar until it was sold in 2015 and privatized. It is no longer a stable environment, nor is it a place with the option to advance current skills.
Pros
Excellent bonus program and fantastic managers
Cons
Owned by a fund. Unstable. Future of the company is uncertain.
great
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAOctober 18, 2017
great place to work, Management is very professional. friendly calm environment. A great place to get started, great training for new comers. all employees. are hard working people
Pros
Cons
New Owners
great place to work
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Bayport, NYSeptember 25, 2017
Recent changes to management structure have limited advancement opportunities. My plan had been to work at Home Properties for a very long time and advance through the ranks. Sadly that all changed in 2015
Pros
great people
Cons
no advancement
Peaceful Environment to work
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 19, 2017
I work at a very quiet community. There are many long-term residents who are in and out of the office throughout the day. They stop by to say hello or to request maintenance service. Very busy with daily reports, tours, and daily operations of the business. I've learned the importance of community out reach of a quiet community, it's a hidden jewel, so marketing to other areas is a must. I worked with an awesome manager, she's always willing to help when needed, and she's very supportive. The hardest part of the job is working along on the weekends when you have tours and need to assist current residents,. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I have the perfect apartment home for prospects, and I LOVE decorating the office for Open House and staging mini models.
Pros
15 minutes from home
Cons
no amenities
Fun, fast paced environment, with the reward of changing families lives
President/Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2017
Wonderful career oriented company offering the opportunity to change families lives through purchasing and selling real estate. Instead of chasing money, just help others, then the money will chase you.
Pretty Good
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 16, 2017
Leasing is something that I just sord of fell into. It added to my professional experience in terms of customer service and sales. Our property manager was pretty good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Properties. Our community is ready to answer.