Home Savings Bank Employee Reviews

Poor Management
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, OHJune 27, 2019
I enjoyed my position at Home Savings Bank as well as the customers, however the current manager made it impossible for me and other co workers included to want to continue to stay. That, plus the inconvenience of work hours due to the fact that there was never more than 2 employees at the time , which was rarely the manager, so would have to work long days, not allowed to leave for lunch, or able to call off if needed, or work around family schedule. If this branch had a more appreciative caring manager, this would be a wonderful position and it would be able to keep employees.
Poor management
CSR III (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 12, 2019
Would only recommend for a first job and a “foot in the door” to build your experience in banking. They put you through training but not for what you’ll actually be doing on a day to day basis and no one seems to know the answers to resolve any issues, so as a new person it is especially frustrating and confusing. Pretty much learn as you go, which would be ridiculous to say being that this is a bank. Hard to seek upper management help without attitude.
Pros
Pay is decent, benefits, pto, vacation time
Cons
Poor management and overall operation, training does not prepare for realistic daily issues.
Friendly environment
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 28, 2018
A friendly environment to work at. A place I can call home. I've learned a lot from working at Home Savings Bank as this was my first real job after graduating from school. My manager trust and value my opinions. Home Savings relocated the Mortgage department team which was the reason I left due to longer travel time.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
longer travel time and very little raise
Managment not real strong.
Universal Banker I (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 17, 2018
Management wasn't strong from top down. Everyone complaining everyday. No real training. Thrown to the wolves. Particularly in loans and opening accounts.
Love Home Savings
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 2, 2018
Home Savings is a wonderful place to work. Everyone is very nice and work/life balance is wonderful! If there are opportunities posted, employees are given the opportunity to apply and are considered.
new
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAOctober 17, 2017
Working at a bank was new for me. I normally was in retail (cash office) dressed in a uniform. here I cam across a lot of people. had to dress business every day. I really didn't like that part about my job
Home savings bank
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHSeptember 4, 2017
Great for a student looking to be extra help. I say this because working there you had to be part time for pretty much a year. So not a place for someone looking to get straight into full-time
This is the best bank I have ever worked for.
teller (Current Employee) –  ludlow kentuckyJanuary 22, 2017
Enjoy working at Home Savings Bank so very much. Small town, good customer base. Always something new to learn. I enjoyed doing all the daily work. Everyone got along like family. Management always treated us very well. We have a Board of Directors who make all decisions. They have always been fair in their decisions. If a teller had a problem we all would be there to help. I have been here for 11 years and thought I would retire from this job. The hardest part of the job was telling a customer I could not open a new account if they were on the Chex System. I so enjoy going to this job but can not make it on 8 hours per week.
Pros
once a month free lunch
Cons
cut back to 8 hours per week
Overall an okay place to work
Universal Banker I (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, WIAugust 17, 2016
My biggest complaint would be the benefits and the hours. Yes, they are "bankers" hours, but sometimes things need to be fixed at the end of the night, making it hard to commit to anything important after work. More of a personal problem than the bank's issue. Over all its a good place to work. Great training, great co workers, great location.
Very organized, fun environment.
Customer Service Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAMay 24, 2014
Working at Home Saving Call center as a supervisor was very fun. People are very friendly and cooperated very well. Our Team leaders always set goals for us and we as supervisors worked well together to assure our goals are met. Hours were flexable and easy to work around.
Pros
gym, cafeteria, relaxing break area.
Cons
it was quite a distance from my home.
A new and exciting workplace for me.
bank teller (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NYApril 20, 2014
I learned to help our customers with their bank transactions and to give our customers the attention and satisfaction they deserve.
Company was in limbo
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYAugust 12, 2013
I had only worked for the company a short period of time. The bank ended up going through a merger, so there was not much advancement for me.
Was a great bank to work at.
Account Executive III (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 24, 2012
Helping customers with their accounts is very rewarding. I learned how to cold call.
Pros
the customers were nice people and a pleasure to help.
Cons
i have no cons