Home of the Good Shepherd Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with great residents
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYMay 22, 2018
Loved working there! Enjoyed the residents as well as my co-workers. Fast paced environment but enjoyed my job very much. The money was okay but not great considering my educational background and experience.
Pros
Leftover food offered to staff; enjoyed working with my kitchen staff and nurses.
Cons
Staff being rude to each other at times.
Good job to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilton, NYMarch 31, 2018
Not enough staff, staff friendly and easy going. Residents are great. Clean facility. Decent pay. Need new CEO. Many choices for food for residents. Need better staffing
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Short staff
Illegally ran company
Companion (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 13, 2018
They put employees on schedule that aren't actually working to satisfy STATE to keep there doors open illegally, They treat residents very badly, they treat the employees even worse. They have employees do things they are not certified to do. They will be getting shutdown very soon. Class action lawsuits are bring filed. Dont waste your time
Pros
Cons
Everything to do with that place is illegal
Management is Rude
Cook Supervisor/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Gansevoort, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Management is rude. Yeah benefits are great but youre never allowed to use them. So why get vacation and sick time if you cant take it? Overworked underpaid and its run worse than a concentration camp on the fourth of July. Employees dont do their job? Well dont plan on having them fired because its completely acceptable.
Pretty to look at but rotten on the inside
Certified Nurse Assistant/HHA (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 28, 2017
I should have left from my first week, everything i was told at the interview was not true. From the amount of time for orientation to the amount of staffing. I was pulled from orientation because of short staffing and short staffing was the norm(the reason i left my previous job). They constantly allowed restricted(light duty) aids to work(even double shifts),meaning i had to do double the work.A manager quit, they brought a temporary one that created more of a mess trying to get the place to state standards.No consistency from shift to shift as well as staff to staff.I love taking care of people ,but it is so hard to work in this type of environment , its physically hard ,emotionally draining and bad management makes it very, very, very stressful.I do miss the residents and i tried very hard not to let the job conditions interfere in my care for them.People pay a lot of money to live here and the hands on caretakers don't get a lot of that. We the care takers deserve better from management. We are the ones that work hard at keeping the residents clean ,happy and active.
Pros
attractive and clean environment
Cons
Unknowledgeable management, understaffed, lack of consistency
Very nice, clean assisted living facility
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Wilton, NYSeptember 7, 2017
The Home of the Good Shepherd strives to maintain a very comfortable home. Clean facilities and very friendly staff. Residents are what make the home great
they were a pretty decent company to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Glens Falls, NYAugust 24, 2017
very fast pace which I like but a bit under staff at times which made it hard on us an the poor residents. other wise not a bad company to work for. they always worked around what I needed.
Pros
pretty good about time off
Cons
under staff
Heavy workload
Resident Aide (Former Employee) –  Malta, MTJune 22, 2017
I worked here for almost 14 years.In the beginning I loved it....always busy... I learned a lot from the residents I cared for which includes History of their travels and also some interesting remedies.Management was out of touch with what goes on in a typical day of work for the caregivers. The work load was extremely heavy and sometimes ALMOST impossible to get done what was expected of us.
One of the worst places I have worked
CNA (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYApril 21, 2017
Terrible management and most of the staff was unpleasant as well. Very sad to see that these things go in and out elderly aren't treated the way they should be. Several staffing issues and because of the management not caring about anything but making a profit, the staff and residents suffer; multiple situations on a daily basis where staff is forced to do lifts without proper equipment and proper assistance. Many residents that live here require care outside of the realm that this facility can offer but management is too worried about making money off of them. Many shifts are so busy and so understaffed that employees can't take their breaks. And good luck trying to earn a raise, rarely happens, if ever; even if you have worked there for a long time.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
Not a good place to work!
LPN (Former Employee) –  MultipleApril 20, 2017
Management strong arms people and fires individuals when they need to cover themselves. A lot of promises given. Be prepared to work short and have a target on your back. Ask around. GPN got her license and then they fired her for no reason. BEWARE!
Pros
few
Cons
its a job

Want to know more about Home of the Good Shepherd?

Ask a question
Love the residents
Transportation/HHA (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYDecember 30, 2016
I love my job in taking care of the residents. They are great people. And most of the co workers are great to work with. As long as you do your job and stick to yourself you are alright
Pros
The reward everyday of caring for the residents
I love residents and coworkers
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYOctober 10, 2016
Love working here just relocated. .looking for something closer to home. Great people. .pleasant atmosphere. .pay is good
Pros
Pleasant people
Cons
Not a good retirement
Could Be Much Better
HHA - Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Town of Moreau, NYAugust 22, 2016
A typical night @ work is room checks every hr. Bathroom schedules every 2 hr. Answer call bells, many bed alarms. Set dining room for breakfast. Laundry and set rooms up with linens. Resident get ups six each and showers, bed changes A lot of lifting .Management do not listen. Most of the time no dinner break. Not getting out on time if you do your job properly. Attitudes are very bad from most co-workers. The best part of the job is the residents and knowing they look for you to be there, giving them something to laugh about.
Pros
The resident you care for
Cons
no breaks, working constantly on your feet.
Fine for a temporary stop.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 9, 2016
Great Employees, horrible management! No merit raises, no recognition for anything from the top. Pitchin' in and helping means nothing. Filling in for the same employees that call off weekly gets aggravating. They are not paid enough to stay, major turnover!
The residents are awesome.
Best job
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 31, 2015
This job is inevitably the best job ive ever had.
A lot of people talk down about it, but they are people who have not worked in terrible understaffed facilities with supervisors and aides who do not care about anything.
The hardest part of the job is certain residents that we have, but our administration has done their best to only bring in residents who are fit for the facility.
I personally have the best coworkers, theres select few that have sour attitudes but they are only bringing down their own day to day work experience.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
few bad atttidues
Assisted living
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Wilton, NYNovember 22, 2015
This Place was a great facility to start my career off with. It was patients home which was great with building relationships with each patient and knowing there daily routines. Also learning more about being the medical field.
Very poor Management, No staff support
LPN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYSeptember 23, 2015
A for profit ALR. Very poor administration. Full time not available. Pay rate incease not available even after years of employment. High employee turnover. Terrible company to work for.
Pros
Cons
high staff turnover, no paid holidays, no performance reviews, no raises
Great workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYDecember 18, 2013
Everyday is challenging and hard, but whenever I see the smiles of the residents, it melts my heart and drives me to do more for them. The activity director taught me a lot, and I am very thankful for it. The hardest part of the job, is everyday you have to introduce yourself again; for some residents forget you. The most enjoyable part of the job is everything. Volunteering in Good Shepherd is one of the most special experience I ever had.
Fun people and good environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Wilton, NYMay 6, 2013
Everyone at HoGS had a good attitude (for the most part) and were fun to work with. The only problem was the CEO wanted everyone to be pushed to the limits, max profit and minimum expense so people often got overworked and were made to do things that shouldn't have been done with only one or two people.

Overall a good experience but there were a few things that irked me morally.