Home of the Innocents Employee Reviews

Horrible
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 29, 2018
My experience as a FSW at HOTI was horrible. The kitchen management is poor and they show a lot of favoritism. The managers are not team players. The older cooks that have been there for 100 years are rude and stuck in their ways.
The RC's think they're better than the FSW and those darn kids are bad as heck.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, Management, No Advancement, Favoritism, Rude Workers
lovely campus but not much advancement
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 24, 2018
Every day is a little different by getting children out to school or to doctor's appointments Many activities are planned for the children. . The home has a beautiful campus and is well maintained on the inside. However, a respiratory therapist can not advance in his or her career at this organization. The job is mainly doing breathing treatments. Ideas from the employees are dis-guarded. The work environment is negative which creates a stressful environment. If the managers would look at processes instead of blaming employees things could be much better. The new CEO seems to be listening and trying to make a difference.
Pros
3 days a week
Cons
low pay and low advancement
poor leadership
CRT (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 13, 2018
The home has been good points. It has a beautiful campus. It is well kept inside and out. Many activities are planned for the children. However, the management team is lacking in respect for the employees. Bullying and favoritism is a big problem at this organization. Managers and supervisors do not know how to speak well to the team members. Mangers are not receptive of the ideas of the employees. Turn over rate is high and pay is low for the area.
Pros
12 hour shifts and time off
Cons
poor health and dental insurance
Stressful and poor manager
CRT (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 5, 2018
Workload varies depending on the season. Much busier in the winter to late Spring. The pay is low for this area. He does not know how to talk to his staff or to empower his staff. The manager does not have good time management skills. He has lack of communication and respect for his team. He is a micro manager. He will not listen to ideas from his staff to make things better for his department or for the residents.. He never remembers things when questioned about something. He shows favoritism.
The new CEO is trying to change things. However, this manager is not following the new core values of the agency. He shows no compassion, or empowerment for his staff. He does not strive for excellence. He does not care for the wellness of his department.
Pros
decent health insurance and PTO time
Cons
low pay and low 403 B match
Poor management & too much favoritism
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 25, 2018
The management is so unprofessional and HR does not do anything to improve it. There is so much gossip there and it is such a stressful work environment. On top of that, there is so much favoritism and that how promotions happen there.
Pros
The company provides a lot of nice activities & parties to get the staff involved.
Fast Paced and Rewarding
Safe Exchange Monitor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 19, 2018
Fast paced and rewarding work environment. flexible schedule and supportive team members. Benefits for part time employees opportunity to pick up additional shifts
Great facility Poor Management
Weekend Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 26, 2018
There are many great things about HOTI that makes the job itself a wonderful place to work.
The staff , clients you meet , and new CEO trying to make a difference but has a very long way to go.
On the flipside the supervisors can not be trusted. The don't do their job and blame staff for their mistakes.
Many many things are not done properly.
Favoritism with employees. Just very unprofessional.
HR needs help as well, there is too much gossip and not enough reinforcement of the policies and procedures.
Until supervisors are held accountable, and upper management sees there is a true problem there will always be issues.
It is such a beautiful facility, the mission to help and there are great people that work at the home. But change needs to happen now, or all that is great will continue to be lost.
If choosing HOTI for a job make sure to keep track of all hours, keep and document everything. Most importantly stray away from becoming too friendly with supervisor. That makes sure you can be involved with anything, and will be less stressful.
Overall not a bad place to be, but supervisors make it difficult to come to work sometimes.
Hoping the new CEO will change things soon.
Pros
Working with families, children, great staff.
Cons
Poor management no trust
N/a
Resident Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 3, 2018
Working in a residential facility is not easy. You have to have time and patience in order to maintaining a healthy balance working with at risk youth.
You will never find a better company to work for
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 13, 2017
I worked at the Pediatric Convalescent Center on the Vent unit. Typically nurse to patient ratio was 1:8 and on the vent unit 1:3 or 1:4. Because the nurse to patient ratio was so low on the vent unit and you still had a CNA and an RT it freed up time for you to spend with the residents. You weren't constantly rushing in and out of their rooms. If a baby was crying and just needed to be rocked you were able to do that. The hardest part of my job was when resident's passed away. They became your kids because a lot of them different have family. The management was very supportive and always willing to help wherever needed. The DON, ADON, ED, even head of the human resources office had an open door policy and was always willing to listen (even if you were just having a bad day). I loved getting to spend time with the resident's. The company spends so much time making the facility nice and keeping it updated for their residents.
Pros
Working with pediatrics
Cons
Less pay d/t nonprofit organization
Productive and professional workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 7, 2017
Learn about vacination ,and how to address all the cultural and believes population that "Home of the Innocents" assist as part of the refugee welcome
Pros
Extraordinary people and team player
Cons
love working with the kids
LPN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 2, 2017
love working with the kids. management changes rules/minds frequently. New CEO is trying to make a difference. He is trying to retain good employees.
Rewarding working with children.
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 4, 2017
I would start by greeting each of my clients to let them know we are having a session today. Them I would retrieve them one by one. We would work on their particular goals for that week and review their treatment plan and education.
Pros
I loved helping children.
Cons
I wished I could have been hired on there.
would not recommend at all.
Homebuilders Family Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INApril 16, 2017
the job would had been ok, but the Supervisor was unrealistic, and very unfair, made the job very difficult. She was late on several occasions when I was meeting with her at a home to follow.
I love my career at HOTI KCPCC
LPN (Current Employee) –  KcpccApril 13, 2017
I have been a employee of home of the innocents for over 5 years. I started out as a cna and am now a nurse. This place is my home and the employees and kids are my second family. The job is so rewarding, the smiles on the kids faces will make your day. Management has its ups and downs, as do all places and benefits are not the very best. But a bad day here beats a good day anywhere else! I couldn't see myself working anywhere else.
Pros
Kids, coworkers
Benefits
Kccpcc area
Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville KentuckyMarch 24, 2017
The special needs kids sit for long hours in their wheel chairs night shift gets them up at 5am and who they dont get up day shidt does at 7am. There is NO confidentially they gossip from the top down. They have favorites. They have lazy nurses and lazy cna's. Management does what they want the rules change daily. They care more about what extra work they can give you then the actual kids. Lots of extra work that doesnt even go with being a cna, housekeeping ccleaning etc.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Management, benefits, hours, wages
Resident Counselor
Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 11, 2017
Place has no dignity. Program supervisors partners father was passing and they fired the PS because he could not come in. He was a great worker cared about the kids and just about all rc's wanted to work with/for him. No appreciation for those who cared.
Fast paced and exciting
House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 8, 2017
Organized staff to participate with he residents. I enjoyed going to work to interact and participate with the staff and residents. Great place to be able to build on skills or just to learn new ones. No day is the same and you have to be able to change your plans on a seconds notice.
Severe safety concerns
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 5, 2017
Management has little to no concern for the safety of its resident counselors. Most of the houses are staffed with only one adult at night and two during the day. Counselors are physically and verbally assaulted by clients and nothing is done. People coming in with experience and new ideas are looked down on. Don't expect to make a difference here.
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
No breaks, You work through lunch without pay, There is a high probability of being physically assaulted, Can not count in other staff members to backyou up, management that does not care about their staff
Great Place
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 23, 2017
I feel HOTI is a great place and a wonderful resource for parents /children. I feel the tools that we teach the teenagers will help them as the become young adults.
Pros
I love the staff i work with.
Cons
PRN/Part-time staff should be allowed to have PTO hours.
Rude, no room for growth
Emergency child placement (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 15, 2016
No, respect. I came in with a degree and was pushed pushed out and set up. They do not respect anyone coming in on a higher level. They were backed by HR. I was not the only one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home of the Innocents. Our community is ready to answer.

Home of the Innocents Reviews by Location