HomeAdvisor

HomeAdvisor insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Productive and Great place to work for.

Featured review

HomeAdvisor selected this as a representative review
A typical day of work consisted of cold calling prospects with a minimum of 150 dials and 3 hours of talk time, over all a great training team and management to help you get close sales and learn the product and believe in the product. The overall selling point is very simple, being able to sell yourself and maintain a conversation and overall well flow with the client. Knowing the product and allowing the client know exactly theyre paying for and what theyre getting back in return, (ROI). Being able to obtain the information given to you while training and delivering it makes it that much easier to work for Home Advisor because their managers given to you are based on your pesonality and work style allowing it and making it that much easier to work on where you need help and get more sales. The most enjoyable part about this job is the grind the hustle and drive that you feel when you constantly making contact keeping the client on the phone and making that sale knowing that youre getting every part of your job done.

Pros

Free lunch & dinner, working in Manhattan.

January 29, 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to submit such a positive review. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your time as part of the team! Thanks for all your hard work at HomeAdvisor!

They expect you to take back to back calls all day

The insurance is decent, but that’s the only redeeming quality. No matter what department you’re in, you’re expected to take call back to back all day. The hourly wage is outrageously low, and there is so much competition to move up with very few management openings.

Pros

Decent insurance

Cons

Short breaks, low pay, stressful work

People working there are great. The people you are calling not so much.

The job environment and people working there are great. Everyone lifts each other up and tries to make you succeed. Calling contractors all day gets mundane. Many of these people are called very often and a very annoyed with you. There is money to be made, but can be tough.

Fun job, but a stressful environment.

The atmosphere was great, fun people and lots of extras such as food and drinks. If you aren’t hitting your sales goal though, it’s very stressful. Constant coachings and pressure. This company is really shady also. It’s hard to sell something you can’t believe in when you know you are ripping people off.

Pros

Fun place

Fun atmosphere/too much stress

Worked for this company once pre pandemic and post pandemic. Upper management is only focused on how many business owners you get signed up quickly. They talk a big game getting you in the door than are quick to showcase how bad your doing to an entire team

Pros

Work from home, schedule flexibility

Cons

Large amounts of pressure, very much a “say whatever” to get the sale

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Good money somtimes

They pick favorites and and give them better leads so they make alot more then others i made about 50k a year so its okay money but the favorites make over 100k

Cons

Picking favorites

No clear direction

Worked in facilities and security in the Colorado Springs office. Had little direction or support. Pay was minimal for the position had to travel frequently

Great place!

I enjoy my time here. People are friendly, helpful and supportive. The transition to working from home was welcome and has been great. I would recommend working here!

Yea

Good with flexibility. Comapny used to be great, but have started to care less and less about employees. Company expects you to make goals, but also makes it harder for you to reach them.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Makes you feel like a number

Fun place to work!

Awesome team environment with encouraging managers! Big pay if you can get over the hurdle of selling the product to the arsenal of contractors in the system!

Great environment/job

Great work/life balance Competitive pay $$Amazing cultureA little stressful cold calling 150-200 people daily, but the pay is worth ita lot of raffles

Fun in the 8 to 5

Great company wonderful culture always making it fun and recognizing achievement. It is a cold call remote position but they make it fun. Work culture is great and compensation is amazing.

Pros

Compensation work culture

Cons

Making so many dials a day

It was a great experience but sometimes very mentally draining

I feel like working here was great overall, great people to work for and people who gave me a lot of chances when maybe I didn’t deserve them so I appreciate it all. That the only thing I didn’t like was the actual company and the way they got leads sometimes it was Skeemy. Sometimes they were lies and sometimes I just did not feel good charging the people the money that I did. When people succeeded though it was amazing, but when people failed a meant losing the company or the job or struggling untill they could make back that money. I’m not about ruining somebody’s dream I am about helping people to succeed in life and I know that was the best intentions for Home Advisor but also a little more human compassion would’ve been the best way to go. Seeing less dollar bills and seeing more of the American dream. One thing I could say is sales made or broke this job. Sales is the person who set up the platform Of people were expecting and when they did things wrong it was because they were money hungry and everything went array. For the most part I was customer service but in reality giving our contractors the best customer service was never enough I had to make sure to be making the money too.

Pros

Great employee benefits and Fun programs to makeExtra money

Cons

The people who talked down on you on the phone, the only advancing with certain criteria’s even if you deserved it

Terrible place to work

Back stabbing upper management. Absolutely vats she company. Given my walking papers for no reason after many years of employment with this company. Can not say there are any pros.

Fun group with fun incentives but you have to be a poacher and devote time out of work to steal leads

The company itself is very cult like. The top earners (people who work one hour a day but stay up all night stealing leads) are praised for their “hard work” and the newbies are stuck calling the same dead leads 10x over.

Pros

Fun contests

Cons

Overall sucks

It’s a job

It’s a job fast pace and you have to cold call all day. If that’s your thing then you’ve come to the right place. Did have some good office parties and perks

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Lots

Fun workplace, very competitive.

Tough job, but lots of perks. Great work environment, but very competitive. The benefits are awesome and the pay is pretty good too. If you are willing to work hard, and have a knack for sales then you can make a lot of money there. However, the cold calling is tedious and mentally exhausting, high turnover rate.

Pros

Great benefits, fun environment, pay is good.

Cons

Job can be tedious and mentally challenging.

terrible place to work

Very unsafe for women. They rip off contractors. They have made some improvements but not enough to change the culture. Very unprofessional and management is undereducated in many ways.

Pros

Cons

preps and drugs

If Cold-calling, a 9-6pm job m-f, and hardly any room to make more is your thing

This job seems really great at the begging but then they throw you into the sales floor and you have no idea what's going on. Higher sales reps have better opportunities to make more money and newbies get the bare minimum and are calling potential customers that have been called 50 plus times from other reps and do not want to even talk to you. The service itself works for less then half of the people that use it. More then half the sales i got when i worked here cancelled within a week and this is EXTREMELY common. There is health and dental benefits.

Great sales position, fun workplace

Good work life balance, great commission structure, teams are family-like. You have to put in the work, but the resources and support is there to be successful.

May 17, 2021
Thank you for the honest review. It’s always great to know that you enjoyed your experience working here. We are dedicated to putting our employees first and supplying tools for them to be successful- we are so happy you felt supported. We wish you all the best!

Stressful

Cold calling. Super stressful. You have goals to meet and a lot of calls to take everyday. By the end of your shift you are exhausted and didn't sell a thing.

May 17, 2021
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Sales can certainly be a challenging environment, but we do our best to create transparency for our teams. We are sorry to hear that this was not your experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeAdvisor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight