HomeAdvisor

HomeAdvisor Employee Reviews

United States317 reviews
No matter how much you do for this company it will never be enough. Unless you are in the top 1% you will never feel valued and you will never make as much money as they say you will. The advancement opportunities are ajoke - you either need to relocate to a different state, or will forever be chasing the carrot on a stick.
Pros
Sometimes they give you beer
Cons
Horrible, greedy corporation
I absolutely loved working for HomeAdvisor. The management and teammates were VERY encouraging and constantly finding ways to keep you motivated. Even as a work from home job, they found ways to make it fun and interactive. They were very honest about the type of work you would be doing, the level of difficulty and didn't sugar coat any expectations. If you were performing well, they let you know. If you weren't, they let you know. My biggest concern and reason why I left was because I stopped believing that what I was selling was actually what the customer was getting. There was very little training on the details of how the service works which I feel is their way of hiding the fact that the service doesn't work how they say it does. I was only there for a month and a half so I can't say I was an expert or knew everything that was happening. I just know that I didn't feel good at the end of each day. The potential to make money is definitely there and if you can look past WHAT you're selling... you can be very successful and enjoy your time while you're there.
Pros
culture, pay, accomodations, benefits
Cons
the service itself
I called over 300 people every day and mostly listened to dial tones and left voicemails. If someone picked up they either immediately hung up, cursed me out, or I tried to swindle them out of their hard earned money. Not rewarding at all.
Pros
Coworkers and Managers are cool
Cons
Everything else
Not a good job at all. That’s all I have to say because that’s all that needs to be said. Do not work here unless you like being stressed, underpaid and drained.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Every aspect of the job
IT'S ALL SALES! business customer service isQ10 not that. You have to sell, sell, sell, get that UC up. Keep your productivity, adherence, and attendance above 90%. If not, constant write ups. Management wants money and that's it. Growth is minimal, they expect empathetic demand heartlessnee
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
For the first several years I loved my job. The money was great. Until management started sleeping w a co worker, and favoritism became unbearable. Also once my female director was transferred, our culture completely changed. Not to long after that I was harrassed in an inappropriate way by the new director. That person was never suspended during the investigation. Very poor judgement on HR's part. I no longer felt my rights were protected.
Pros
You can make really good $$$.
Cons
Inappropriate harassment, favoritism
The job is scamming people mostly calling them and being as aggressive as possible and demanding date of births and social security numbers, meanwhile you have people in a group chat hyping each other up. Its horrible and soul sucking. I was extremely excited to be a part of home advisor until I realize they are selling what is a faulty project for so many people.
Pros
Compensation is great
Cons
Theres no real purpose
I stuck it out for 2+ miserable years. This company does not do raises. Had to work weekends to get differential pay so that I could pay bills. Unless you apply for different position, you will stay in position without financial increase the entire time there. Young staff with childish attitudes (felt like middle school).
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
No raises, middle school attitudes
Coming in, I was excited to be part of a "cool" office that included pin pong tables, great benefits, and free food. However, I soon realized these were put in place to make up for the negative workload. For training, be prepared to be constantly promised the six figure salary after commission. In fact, most do not even make this amount.

Trainers did a horrible job training our team. They kept pressuring us to work by repeating how they make money if we make money. Everyday, they would remind us to look forward to making six figures, even after telling us that we shouldn't let money be the reason why we work. Their training slideshows often contradicted itself.

To the normal eye, the training would seem causal. However, to the wiser eye, one would see that training is a manipulation tactic to keep workers in check to make over 200 dials a day with 5 hours on the phone. It is almost a months process, and you must climb the slippery and skeptical corporate ladder. You are forced to stick to a script and pressure small business owners that clearly aren't interested in the business. And to top it off, you are not the first employee to dial these customers. Hence, they are irritated. Training had unclear return policies for customers and we were not given the option to give clients a written contract. Everything is by word of mouth.

With this said, Home Advisor is company showcasing color and vibrancy, while keeping their clandestine unethical business practices in the shadows. Of course, this job is not for everyone. But please do not be fooled by their perks, as your
 - more...
Homeadvisor has a great work life balance. They’re a great company to work for, they take care of their employees. They have an easy location to get to, my supervisors were awesome
Pros
Easy to advance
At first it seems like a good place to work. You can make good money. They change rules to benefit them. What team you are on matters. Good leads are hard to come by now that they have hired more people.
Pros
You can make good money.
Cons
What team you are on matters.
HomeAdvisor was a demanding employer with gray morals. They also worked on developing their employees and provided an energetic work environment. Fairly standard call center/telemarketing job.
Pros:
Full benefit package (401k, health insurance, etc)

Free lunch and dinner everyday

Happy hour every Friday

Sales/retention pay is good if you get a lot of sales

Young working staff

Cons:

Leads are recycled very often (you'll call people that already got called by another person in the company the week before)

Turnover rate is pretty high (they have new training classes come in every 2 weeks)

You have to ask for vital personal information over the phone (date of birth, credit card information and social security number)

In order to get a lot of sales you basically have to lie to the people you're selling to

Responsible for closing deal in 1 call and being an account manager for the person you closed while making 150 cold calls a day
If you are okay with lying to people and getting lied to by management this is a fine, but still a very draining job. A very young environment and plenty of happy hours.
Upper Management came in on November 1 and let go the ENTIRE staff on December 23rd... pathetic absolutely pathetic... shareholders are the only ones that benefits
The culture, camaraderie, leadership, and potential monetary gain is unmatched & unequaled in the KC Metro area. Mentally tough work and can be exhausting, but with the sacrifice if you are good at sales over the phone. A dozen reps made over $200k in 2019, and at least 80 more ended over $100k! Salary + Commission paid every 2-weeks. My biggest 2-week check was just under $6k.
Pros
Free soda, ping pong, contests (Jeep giveaway), salary + commission
Cons
Mentally exhausting, hard work, stressful at times
It is unbelievable how the environment is here. The positivity, support, hospitality - an amazing work environment. I have only worked in the Project Advisor department where we do outbound calls to home owners who have submitted projects through the website. It's extremely laid back. Your goal is to really just build friendship and rapport with the home owners you speak with and get them the contacts they are looking for for their project. The compensation is extremely good and I would highly recommend this to job to anyone!
Working at HomeAdvisor is fun but gives little room for advancement unless you have had longevity with the company or consistently achieve the sales goals. You're expected to meet sales goals for commission but are rarely given adequate tools to do so (good accounts to call) unless you have already been meeting those goals for an extended period of time. Management is helpful in coaching and team members are supportive. Monotonous days of unfulfilling dialing are tough but offer good commission when hitting high sales.
The job was awesome until we were publiclu traded then we were jist numbers that were required to produce numbers. This caused good people to do bad things to achieve those numbers.
HomeAdvisor has been voted Best place to work in Kansas City for 3 years in a row and as a sales consultant the job is terrific. There is an aggressive commission structure that gives the sales consultant ample opportunity to earn a 6 figure annual salary.
the job has a beer keg. it has a pool table. it has pong table and it has couches. This is because this job stinks. you are cold calling all day to the avg contractor. they will hang up on you and have no interest in homeadvisor
Pros
free lunches
Cons
the actual job
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeAdvisor. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight