HomeAdvisor Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Horrible Management, Stressful position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 25, 2019
Management threatened my job several times over arbitrary mistakes that I wasn’t aware I was making before I was yelled at. Micromanaged at every level, which changed every week, but which I would get in trouble for if I didn’t follow correctly immediately. Zero room for advancement. Management consistently acts like they are superior, and will even say things to that effect.
ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 7, 2018
job was good for the most part, you had to really cross sell services to customers. A good place to learn customer service. There are chances to move up in company.
Pros
provide free lunch and snacks at certain times
Cons
if did not meet number of cross sells there may be a write up
Great co-worker
CSR Inbound (Former Employee) –  Golden, CONovember 11, 2018
Everyone will form their own opinions of the company. But at the end of the day you'll always feel a sense of security with your co-works , they become like a second family to you. In my personal opinion they should be more flexible with the shifts and not only have full- time. Amazing food trucks weekly and the best benefits plan.
Pros
food trucks, co-workers
Cons
to many to list
Great Environment, Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, COSeptember 11, 2018
The workplace culture was awesome. Very friendly and welcoming. Though your typical day was quick paced and can be stressful, the good days outweighed the bad days.
Has it's goods and bads
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Golden, COAugust 6, 2018
The management could better, other than that not a bad place to work. Great co-workers and benefits, It wasn't a bad experience at all. Although they could have paid more.
HomeAdvisor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJuly 9, 2018
A typical day is meeting your call and sales goals, so you could make up to 40-60 phone calls per day. It's stressful, but not attainable. I learned to be patient and listen to the customer. The hardest part is meeting your goals. The most enjoyable part is the team you work with. Coworkers are nice and motivated. I learned a lot from my team members.
Pros
Set hours; no weekends
Cons
Hooked to phone all day
Homeadvisor
Sales/ Customer service (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 2, 2018
If you just want a quick paycheck it's an easy job but how management is run they put anyone in charge and they have no experience at all, nothing is ever a guarantee there no your job is never safe.
Do not work here!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, CONovember 16, 2017
First off they lie to you to get you to work there. They make you think its going to be a great place to work... Its not. You get one week to learn everything then you're on your own. If you dont hit a certain amount of time your terminated. If any of the "managers" don't like you they will look for anything to get rid of you. If you dont make enough commission you're terminated. Its also like highschool too where the employees have their little friends and bully employees they dont like and try to get them fired. They tell you if you're struggling to keep up they'll help you, but their version of help is telling you if you dont hit prod youll be fired. Everyones so stressed about losing their job cause managment constantly tells us how easily we can lose them. And one of the managers there is a snake she has gone through so many employees due to being fire happy.
Pros
Lots of free food and soda.
Cons
Horrible managment. I gained 20 pounds in 4 months of working there.
Culture Used to Be Amazing, but Not Anymore
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 24, 2017
As HomeAdvisor moves towards launching its public stock with the merger with Angie's List, the people have gotten lost.
HomeAdvisor has been an amazing place to work until the last 6 months. It used to focus on the people, which drove performance, because people felt valued and cared about.
Now it focuses on the numbers and the people are falling through the cracks. Its becoming just another call center.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Work Life Balance or Appropriate Recognition
Typical day at Home Advisor
Project Advisor/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Golden, COAugust 8, 2017
My day at Home Advisor is calling consumers, both residential and commercial on request that are submitted to the website such as drywall install or repair, carpet cleaning, maid or janitor service, etc. Doing follow up calls to make sure they are being contacted. Along with this putting in new request when needed. Management is good, we always have meetings every morning along with any issue that come to mind. The hardest part of my job would be consumers who do not get contacted by professionals and we have to find out what happened to the pro and resolve this issue. The most enjoyable is to speak with homeowners and business people of all different backgrounds and hearing what improvements they are doing to their home.
Pros
get to work from Home, open schedule time 7am-9am
Cons
Short lunches, not a lot of parking
Kinda Stressfull but maybe worth it.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 24, 2017
Some people may like the fast-paced work environment but I don't so keep that in mind when applying. Also this job has ETO or earned time off, so there is not a specific set of days that you get as vacation.
fun work enviorment but terrible managing staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJune 6, 2016
a day to day life at homeadvisor is crazy chaotic and fun all in one office, they do many things like games and prizes for statistics in the every day call center life, we have to meet numbers every day to fall within senior guide to make more pay and are rewarded by those numbers, although the games and fun come easy and are a joy to win, when it comes down to training and how the managers actually make us grow as employees and as a whole for the company they always seem to fall short. No sort of encouragement to do better and be better then a coloring contest and to some it may help, but id rather have a sit down to learn how to improve then a coloring page shoved in my face. the criticism they offer is far from constructive. they put you down instead of building you up and to move up from customer service, overall an ok company to work for.
Pros
fun culture, contests, team attitude
Cons
poor management, unorganized, poor communication.
Extremely supportive company, great pay and leadership
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Golden, COMay 3, 2016
The leadership is fantastic, and every employee has support for his/her success. Internal job postings almost every month, plenty of opportunity to move up in company. Fun activities and functions frequently. CEO very involved and is on same floor with customer service.
Pros
Great leadership, great pay
Cons
Can be emotionally draining
Voted Top Wrok Place In Denver 4 Years in a Row
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, COMarch 15, 2016
Great Place to work, fun. fair and firm. A blast to work for always trying to make your job fun and exciting. A great training program and advancement in the work place for the average or educated person,
Amazing Company
CSR (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsJuly 29, 2015
I loved working here, the people are all great, and they truly care about their employees. If it wasn't for moving, I would have stayed with the company much longer.
GREAT company to work for!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJuly 23, 2015
Great culture, good people and fun job! A typical day is showing up and helping people find safe and efficient contractors to do work around their home. I truly felt like I was helping people in need. The service was FREE to the homeowners. Their rating system was honest and helpful. I learned all about home improvement projects and how cool some of them really are. Management was always open and approachable. Co-workers were great people! Hardest part of the job would be loosing track of time. You get so "into" calls you forget what time it is! The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a relaxed environment where you truly feel like you are helping people find legitimate plumbers, carpenters, landscapers, roofers....you name it regarding home improvements. Loved working there!
Pros
Culture and people
Cons
parking (lol)
HomeAdvisor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, COAugust 15, 2013
I would assist our customers with the management and maintenance of there account. I would also ran the Communication Errors Inbox, if one of our professionals was not getting there leads sent to them by Fax, Phone, Email and Text message I was able to research the issue and the find a solution for the problem. I was also a member of the Website Solution Team, where I would be assist with the building and the maintenance of the websites that we build
Pros
Great company to work for, health benefits
Cons
Pay was not compaired to the amount of work