HomeAdvisor Employee Reviews for Inside Sales Representative

Great fun company to work for
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 23, 2019
Great company to work at . I really enjoyed working there, Managers were awesome atmosphere was fun and entertaining. Meeting every morning followed by a game of some sort
Pros
free soda
Cons
cold calling
Great place to work!!!
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2018
Great working environment with people who are excited to help you advance in your work environment. Great benefits and upbeat friendly environment. Also great opportunity for advancement within the company.
Pros
Free lunches, sales training and CRM Training.
Sleazy Cut Throat Entry Level Sales Job
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2018
200 dials to dead or 3+ hours of talk time a day calling mostly bad or abused leads. If you actually get someone interested you have to bully, lie, and do everything to close that sale. Management told us multiple times tell them whatever it takes to close the sale. Office was crazy loud with music and people screaming about getting hung up on or getting a sale- very unprofessional when you’re trying to talk to a client. Making money was extremely hard being that 50% of the people you close don’t pass background or licensing (not HomeAdvisor’s fault). I would say if you’re straight out of high school or really young it might be ok for a couple months but wouldn’t look at it as a career.
Pros
Benefits, health/dental/vision. Fair amount of pto
Cons
The job in general, used car sales mentality over the phone
Official response from HomeAdvisor
March 14, 2018

I’m disappointed to read about your experience. Our team is dedicated to helping our sales employees succeed, and it is completely false to say that management encourages dishonesty. I would have liked the opportunity to address your concerns about the work environment before you left. Best of luck. -- Tom Cheatham, VP Sales, Indy

Productive and fun place to work with ping pong
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 10, 2017
There's a lot of benefits to working at HA. Especially if you are really good at what you do. Strict measures began to take place recently building-wide, but aside from that it's pretty chill. Personally, I began to get frustrated with having different coaching sessions and being told different things, so I haven't necessarily found my groove yet, but once you dear, I hear it's smooth sailing after that.
Great Work Place environment.
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 9, 2016
The benefits here were the best of any place i have ever worked. They promote a GREAT workplace environment, as long as you make the sales there is absolutely no micromanagement.

Only downfall is that coming up with the sales is not simple for a lot of people. If you don't hit your minimum of 3 sales per week, you will be terminated. That is why I give 2 stars for job security.
Pros
It is a great place to work, you can take as many breaks as you want as long as you make sales.
worst place to work
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Golden CoOctober 14, 2016
If you want to go back to kindergarten go to work for Homeadvisor.
It was truly like going back to elementary school.
The amount of stress they put on you is incredible.. They have had a revolving door for there sales department for a while now.
Pros
It feels like a party with kids.
Cons
no professionalism!
Terrible place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, COApril 27, 2016
McDonalds pays more. Management lies about everything. Workforce includes ex felons. No room for growth. HR lies. Don't believe anything anyone says at HomeAdvisor.
Pros
free soda and beer
Cons
everything else
They had game rooms on every floor
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 29, 2016
Cold calling contractors to learn about their company and their needs and wants to grow their company. Explain to them how Home Advisor works. Go through and application with the contractor. Try to get them in our network.
Zero Support and everyone is lying all the time
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 10, 2016
This company is an absolute JOKE. Managers do nothing to help you but it is a tele marketer job so what do you expect... They do everything in their power to not pay you your commissions. And could not care a bit about you or if you quit. They just want you to dial ALL DAY, and get whatever you can dig up. They listen in on your calls and mico manage you to death.
Everything promised in this job did not turn out, they lie to get you in. But anyone with a brain in their head will catch on the first day what a scam they are. They also have you lie to the customers as well, I feel so bad whenever I sign up someone.
Pros
One guy who sat next to me was nice
Cons
Forced to dial 300 people everyday
Great Workplace with Pingpong tables
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 27, 2016
Truly a great place to work. Everyone is always available to help with whatever it is you need. Typically a day would start with your team huddle and recognize all sales from the previous day. There was always a bunch of enthusiasm and energy from the second you stepped into the office until the moment you were leaving. Management was always there for you and helped with training whenever needed. The hardest part of the job was cold calling contractors and them hanging up before you said anything or them cussing you out. Most enjoyable was the people working with you!
Pros
Free Soda
Cons
Sales expectations (wasn't that bad though)
Great place with amazing work force
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 6, 2015
This was a great place for many reasons . The Company works hard and play hard . They really want you to be successful .I love the opportunity to make a lot of money and with the tools they gave us this made it very easy .
Pros
Cash spiffs
Cons
dependng on contractors word
Fun place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, COFebruary 9, 2015
Great company to work for. Only downside was that the commission structure was constantly changing. So income was inconsistent.
Fun place to work with great people
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 24, 2013
After several months of customers saying they would purchase this product, then searched the company reviews and refused to buy or I was unable to make contact after such great conversations with several contractors nationwide. This caused me to not be able to reach my goals; sales and commissions in-order to make this worth my efforts of driving 30 miles one way to be let down everyday. The staff was great to work with, very fun people, very high stress environment and most everyone complained of the same issues.

I think the company itself is a great product, it is the reason why I continued to try and find someone to fit their needs to help homeowners across the nation feel safe when letting someone in their home, they didn't know.
Pros
Free pop and cash spiffs
Cons
bad company reviews, several customers lost a great deal of money and was unable to get their needs met.