HomeAdvisor Employee Reviews for Marketing Consultant

Typical Call Center - inside sales job
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Golden, COAugust 15, 2018
It's a grind= 90+ dials per day. 3 sales per week in a rolling 3 week period. Of course, if you don't hit those goals you are put on PIP and if you don't meet those goals/metrics you asked to leave or possibly be put in customer service position, e.g. hourly no commission job.

Its a good place to learn how to do "inside sales" and how most call centers operate. So for that it's worth working a year there. If you like it and do well you might get promoted. But like all call centers and sales positions in general, it's a revolving door.
Pros
good health care and discounts. Ok wage. Free canned sodas, they like you pumped up on caffiene and high fructose corn syrup. :-)
Cons
It's a high pressure call center.
Fake Culture, Dishonest Business Tactics
Business Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Golden, COMarch 5, 2018
HomeAdvisor promotes itself as a fun, trendy place to work, aka a Google culture. Don't be fooled it's all fake, HomeAdvisor is dishonest in a lot of the ways they talk to their employees, this can even be seen in some of their questionable sales tactics.

Had to leave because it felt sleazy and the management didn't really seem to care about employees.
Official response from HomeAdvisor
March 15, 2018

I am very disappointed to read this review. We are dedicated to the well-being and success of our employees, and have consistently been named a Top Workplace because of our culture, passion and mentoring. I would have liked the chance to address any specific concerns you had before you left. Best of luck. – Brad Fosser, VP Sales, Golden

Marketing Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  GoldenJune 2, 2015
Let's just say I put 10 years in. It was great for me. Great culture/ Great benefits & a few great top directors.Some managers should NEVER MANAGE A TEAM. It was time for me to go. I would've stayed if I could. Great place to overcome objections. Learn sales 101
Pros
Benefits, Culture/ Wonderful coworkers/ directors
Very rewarding
MARKETING SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 1, 2017
Overall good place to work. Dry rewarding for your effort. Culture there was great and the people are very helpful. I don't like that the policies aren't the same all across the board.
Fun work Environment. Lots of turnover
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 30, 2016
Fun work Environment. Lots of turnover. Management does try to help and train. Sales tactics may be questionable. Some consultants would say anything just to get a sale
Pros
Great leadership and management
Cons
High stress. High turnover rate
Great fun place to work
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 22, 2016
Great culture and a lot of fun to be there. The commission scale is very large but you will have to earn it for sure. outbound calling all day is a must.
great company
Sales Marketing Consultant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 28, 2016
Great company horrible customer service team. I started off and sales and I shouldn't have left that department. Over all it is a really great company to work for.
great people
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Golden, COOctober 22, 2014
this companies legit. if your looking for something consistent and fun. this is place legit