HomeCare & Hospice

HomeCare & Hospice Employee Reviews

Small offices working with professionals who desire to provide best care, lots of driving in rural communities. Pay is below average, supervision hours not included, and very little opportunities to advancement.
Pros
independent scheduling of hours following hospice requirements
Cons
low pay
Great place to work if you believe in patient centered care. As a healthcare professional you can make a difference in the lives of patients and their families on a daily basis. This is a rewarding job! Management is progressive and looking for creative ways to move forward in this ever changing healthcare world. Employee feedback is welcome. Positivity is key to a joyful work environment
Great place to work! Great place to work, team environment, excellent work/life balance. Do not let negative reviews influence your desire to apply/work with the organization, there are two sides to every story!!
The organization has many, many staff that are so wonderful and caring. This place needs you to work there for the right reasons and if you are not truly caring and ready to help, then this is not the right place for you to work. If you are looking for a meaningful work and making a difference for others, then this is a great place to work.
Pros
Caring staff, being able to make a difference
I have little to say positive about the organization. I did like my supervisor and peers in the office. My best advice is to keep to yourself and absolutely refuse salary. I worked 40 + hours but was considered part time salaried. My advice to the organization is to make your nurses take care of the patients. Patients that go more than 2 weeks without a shower because you have a shortage of aides, while your nurses sit in the office is unacceptable. Instead of planning your weddings, reading magazines, hold your nurses to a standard. Pay your aides more. Treat patients with respect and dignity
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
HomeCare & Hospice is a wonderful place to work! Everyone cares about their co-workers and the people they serve. I would definitely recommend working here!
Seems like a nice place to work with honorable, respectful, and caring staff. Quickly can it be seen that this is not what really goes on. If some of the office staff decide they dont like you, they will sabotage you and try to get you fired. Management hypocritically reprimand you for actions they do themselves. The various offices dont get along. The computers are antiques and a joke yet you're expected to do your job on them when they barely work. HR doesnt know all the details about the benefits they offer which results in over payments, double coverage, and mistakes.
Pros
HR tries their best, Patient Support Staff is Wonderful
Cons
Poor (and hazardous) work environments, poor oofice staff relations, poor pay
Very dedicated and caring staff. You can feel that you make a difference when you work here. Everyone is very approachable and supportive and supervisors care. The workplace has good processes in place and work is well organized. Training provided is great.
Pros
Management, daytime work hours.
The work culture, and enterprising leadership, made it a pleasure to work here. There were numerous times that I was able to advance my career, during my 12 years here, holding various positions, and attending school.
I would get three calls a day asking me about my shifts when I had already talked to scheduling multiple times. They obviously don’t communicate with each other. They would have time down for certain clients when I told them I was unavailable and then made it seem like I didn’t care about the clients. They forced me to work when I was contagious and then got upset when I told them the client wanted me to go home because I was sick.
Pros
Training, some clients
Cons
lack of communication and appreciation
Poor working conditions...not enough staff Poor scheduling Nor enough trained staff for needs of the patients. Volunteers not available Training inadequate
Pros
Good location
Cons
Office politics
Prefer to keep this to myself, do not wish to share this information. I likes my supervisors, they were always looking out for me and my best interest.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Not enough pay/hours
Poor management, horrible culture/environment, poor management knowledge, no appreciation of employees, no trust in intelligence of employees, micromanaging
Great mission, wonderful people, poor pay for some, no faith in employees or employee opinions, employees do not support organization in return, sad situation
The mission of HomeCare and Hospice is a great one and very broad of making a difference. It could allow us to do many things. The people are very committed. The senior team has been there for at least 20 years.
Wonderful opportunities to do more. Great work environment.
the hardest part of the job is not knowing if your making the person or client that you a tending to is alright not in pain at the end of the day I need to know that my client is okay
Pros
you get to set and just get to know them
Cons
you can't be that much of their friend
This job was perfect for me at the time because it was very flexible and I was able to make my own hours. As a home health aide, there was no room for advancement, and the pay was awful for what is expected of you. There was compensation for your gas mileage, but not nearly enough.
I really enjoyed working with the patients and clients of this company but I felt the nurses at the time were off task and not as caring or willing to put forthany effort. I felt some clientele were inappropriate and did not require the services of the company. So in some cases I felt like a maid provided for free courtesy of the state benefits.
Pros
rewarding cases, flexible schedule
Cons
confusion and disorganization in scheduling, compensation por
Long distances to get from client to client in seasonable weather. Food preperation, bed changes. I enjoyed meeting new people and helping those in need. Emotionally challenging.
Pros
meeting others, helping others
Cons
paperwork was overly tedious. travel reimbursement did not equal costs.