Homecare.com Employee Reviews

Great Company!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristow, VAOctober 27, 2018
This company is small and still growing but my experiences so far has been good. I'm a independent Contractor for Homecare.com and they have found me work within a month after filling out my online profile on their website. The pay is good because you're pretty much work for yourself. I set my own hours and days I want to work and I'm responsible for paying my own taxes. The managements checked up on me to see if everything is ok and I'm doing good with my new client. So far no complaints and looking foward to grow with this company.
Pros
Set your own hours and good pay for CNA
Cons
No benefits
Poorly managed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 23, 2018
Homecare.com is a very poorly managed company.They don’t return back calls from the caregiver and clients .They are also very rude.I had problems with their billing and payment department.
Pros
Independent contractor
Cons
No benefits
Management need to get on the ball and find families for the caregivers
CNA Current contractor (Current Employee) –  PAOctober 13, 2018
I am as contractor with this online marketplace. When I received my first assignment I was excited and DISAPPOINTED at the same time. It was a nightmare and disaster, but to make a long story short the manager who placed at the facility, I would NEVER work there again or have anything to do with the homecare manager. Anyway, moving on it's hard to get the families to keep you along with the schedulers finding you work, which is like pulling teeth. I call schedulers and managers almost everyday trying to find work, but I get passed around from different staff, who claim they will find work for me, NOT. Anyway, I guess their doing what they can. I just want a steady family to work with that's it.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No work
Management needs an overhaul/ ridiculous overreach of a registry
Independent Contractor CNA (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 26, 2018
This registry company contracts independent caregivers but then micromanages them, controls the caregiver's set pay requirements, when to pay invoices, documentation logs, etcetera. They directly violate their own contracts in doing so. They are rude and disrespectful to both the client and the CNA in their communication. The recruiter was ill-informed on Client's needs and requirements (again, communication lacking within the company). This company needs an overhaul with better oversight from the PCA and perhaps DHHS.
I strongly recommend not contracting with them.
Pros
Mostly online dealings
Cons
Not professional
Very positive attitudes from co workers. Supervisors were always willing to help you, and always nice about it.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Wimberley, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Days start at different times for each client.Also the hours you are asked to work are different each day. We always helped each other out if one of us needed off. All co workers worked together.The job is not hard at all and everybody worked together.I would work there again if I could get a call back. Highly recommend them.
Pros
Your clients
Cons
Losing your client
Care recruiter (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 21, 2018
Homecare.com is a great place to work. It is a professional environment and the recruiters seem to care about the caregivers. The management is understandable and one can request to work from home.
Pros
Pros work from home and flexible hours
Cons
Not enough staff
Prompt Payment. Never owing.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 23, 2018
The company pays promptly and it is quite easy to save up some cash to accomplish set objectives.
It is a good company to work for. I've been on my live in case for a year and get paid EVERY week!
Pros
Your own boss
Cons
Tax deductions not done
Do not work for Homecare.com
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 16, 2018
These people are not professional. All you get is text messages which arent clear .i got a client but never given much needed info .i have been trying to reach someone for weeks trying to get paid.Andrea is rude.they think they will get away with not paying me.They wont . I want my money.
Easy going
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 23, 2018
Only problem is when there isn’t work available...but overall it’s a good company to work for it’s a little difficult to get in contact with management
Pretty much you work for yourself
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMay 22, 2018
You do everything yourself from paper work to payments and taking out your owntaxes, it's not a bad company as you are paid weekly, but it is also not something long term or advancement in working for them.
Productive and Flexible
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 17, 2018
This company is very good and versatile. It gives new CNAs and GNAs the opportunity to gain a lot of experiences and travel to different areas as well.
Lack of morale production distasteful management
Sales Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2018
I suggest this (Company) go through all the reviews and correct the mistakes that they have made with their current employees and previous employees it is a disgrace to the employees and a' disgrace to the company to have such negative reviews"
Pros
Lunches
Bad company to work for
Cna (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 1, 2018
Don’t ever work for this company .This company is horrible specially the people who’s in charge for payments.They refused to email a time sheet.They owe me over $240 .when ever you call no one seems like to pick up the phone.The only person seems to be nice is Berthony.I would never recommend anybody to work for this company
Great opportunity for growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 25, 2018
Great job to grow in your career. Still considered a startup which is a great environment to participate in many different roles.

I highly recommend.
Would Not Recommend
Senior Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 9, 2018
This job is more of a telemarketing position where you call internet leads daily for 5 days. You are pressured to work evenings and weekends. You are also responsible for calling families after non working hours. It's not a 9 to 5 job like promised in the interview. Yes, you are helping seniors but you also get the people who hate being bothered just because they did an internet search.
Pros
Working from Home
Cons
Micromanaged, Pay
Not a productive place
CNA (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 30, 2018
This place would call me to see if i wanted work but than they would tell me the client had changed there mind on not getting any services with homehealth. Never worked. I dont recommend anyone to go with this agency.
Is a good job.
HHA (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 27, 2018
I like this job, because I like heath and help te others people.
Great place to work,if the pay fits your lifestyle.
senior Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 8, 2018
Love the employees everyone works as a team...very dedicated and committed to helping our clients.
I would recommend working there and become part of a great team.
Pros
Awesome staff
Cons
Salary
Active
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2017
A typical day at work usually consists of doctors appointment, shopping meal preparation, and assist with Adls, companionship, light house keeping, and laundry
Fun & Innovative Workplace
Payment Specialist (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 18, 2016
Currently a very small company but has great potential, colleagues are very accomplished and knowledgeable in their respective fields