Homefix Custom Remodeling Employee Reviews

Productive and laid back workplace with a diverse set of employees.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2019
The job was an overall good job. Work was very direct. We'd work, and sometimes we would have a meeting, but that was usually it. This job taught me everything I needed to learn about telemarketing and dealing with customers in general. As far as workplace culture went, it was very "laid-back" if I had to use a term to describe it. Everyone was very goal oriented and competitive but the competition aspect never went to the extreme. It was friendly competition. The employees and the bosses alike were very non judgemental as we had people from all walks of life working there. The hardest part of the job had to have been the pressure of getting leads and making cold calls, but it was also the most enjoyable part because of the challenge. Overall, this job was a great experience and gave me the chance to learn about sales and customer service.
Pros
Compassionate and understanding boss, good workplace attitude, and great coworkers
Cons
pressure to meet unrealistic quota
Fun place to wofk. Great opportunity for advancement.
Jr. Marketer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2019
I give it an excellent review. The training was done quickly and effectively. The team of staff is extremely supportive and we enjoy ourselves when we are out in the field as well as in the office.
Pros
Bonuses and lunch on occasion
Cons
No guaranteed pay for working
con ambiente
Enpleado (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 9, 2019
Es muy excelente y estoy completamente agradecido con ellos gracias
Not what you're promised
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 24, 2018
Turnover is huge due to the demands of the job and lack of compensation. Sales is 1099 but they do act like they own you. Lots and lots of micromanaging. You're expected to close over 30% of your leads and they are at least twice as expensive as everyone else. You can only make good money if you good about ripping people off. The company is unethical and only cares about them making money. Almost forgot to mention they play favorites and give the best leads to the ones that kiss up to mgmt. About 80% make less than 40k and most quit in 2 months. Even if you close 100k in a month about 35 to 40 will cancel or be a financial turndown. That leaves you with 60k net business to get paid on

So if you enjoy doing it for 3k to 4k per month it can be an okay job. But be prepared for 15 to 20 reps per territory with only enough leads for about 5.
Nice work place where u have fun and learn more work experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 6, 2018
I really loved this job great people great work space
. People train you good the managers are awesome and will work with you if you don't have any experience
Pros
Cons
Short. Breaks
didn't get a chance to reap the benefits
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 20, 2018
only work there for a year and they change my salary to straight commission. I couldn't afford travel from work and back home on a daily base with a steady income. Force me to be laid off. But the short time I worked there I enjoy it. If they increase the pay and make the income more steady I wouldn't mind coming back,
Pros
new experience
Cons
commission
Run don’t walk
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tyson’s CornerNovember 15, 2018
This place is a scam. The management is a group of phony, unprofessional and demeaning bullies. It was like I stepped back 50 years with the unprofessionalism. There was only 1 person left from my training group by the end of 2 weeks. You have to put out money from the gate and they offer you nothing but behave as though they are paying you 100k salary! Communication was very poor also.
Pros
Cons
10-99 position in which they act like they own you!
November 19, 2018

It is very unfortunate that you did not have a better experience with our team, and I am sorry that your impression of us reflected poorly. We strive to learn from mistakes and improve, and this sounds like a situation we would have liked to know about as it was happening. We don't tolerate the kind of work environment that you describe here. Given the opportunity to correct perceptions or make positive changes, we will do so every time. We wish you the best of luck, and regret that we did not do better in your eyes.

Focused management, fantastic compensation opportunity
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAAugust 30, 2018
I worked in the BJs wholesale and canvassing department of the company, this setting made pitching the product difficult. Obviously, extensive remodeling projects are difficult to pitch to homeowners and families, so getting sales comes less frequently than you'd probably like. However this company offers very fair compensation and great income incentive to surpass quotas. One would find that putting stronger intention behind each pitch will have a rewarding payoff in commission and recognition. There is great flexibility around availability and location. Meetings were infrequent and not all that productive. The company did not succeed in developing the most effective methodology for selling their products in the settings they chose. Neither did management offer much hands on training to improve the sales of those who were not meeting quotas, even for new employees.
November 19, 2018

Thank you for the constructive criticism. We will reexamine our training for this position and try to improve the input and feedback from managers and trainers. We wish you the best of luck.

Productive and Fun
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2018
The working environment was warm, inviting and friendly and I loved working with my Manger and co-workers. The duties of my position we easy for me to handle as I'm very adaptable to call center work and overall this was a great job.
November 19, 2018

Our team is an extension of our family, and we are all grateful for every coworker. It is rewarding to hear that you enjoyed your time with our extended family of coworkers, as we strive to make every opportunity a fulfilling one. Best of luck to you!

Meh
Junior marketer (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJuly 12, 2018
Outside commission opportunity to make big checks. It was fun with friends but you don't have much decision making. Managers only care for themselves not the company as a whole
Pros
Fun outside with friends
Cons
No work life balance bad management
November 19, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As our company grows, we look forward to improving our management skills and creating better working environments. Your comments will be shared with the team so that we can make strides in these areas. Best of luck to you!

Only good if it suits your personality
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 25, 2018
I tried the job to gain experience in sales and marketing. It taught me a little bit about how to sell the product, but the areas we walked to produce leads didn't need the work done. So I personally feel like it didn't do much for me in the long run.
November 19, 2018

The nature of canvassing work often varies with feedback from our teams in the field. We aim to work in areas where sales are active and have recently been established. We are always aiming to streamline our process to make the efforts productive for the company and the marketer. Your input will be noted, and sent to the marketing team for planning purposes.

Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at HCR. I highly recommend this job opportunity to anyone who wants to control their income, and that has the self starter attitude!
November 19, 2018

Great to know that you enjoyed working with our team! Positivity and professionalism are key to our outlook, and we thank you for the vote of confidence on both fronts!

Fun workplace
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMay 25, 2018
Not most professional organization. Advantageous for new workers. Learned great communication skills along with meeting a large variety of new people.
November 19, 2018

As we work through a new organizational format and with rapid expansion, there are bound to be some growing pains. Thank you for your feedback, as we will take that into account when laying out new coaching and training methodologies. We wish you every success.

Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 17, 2018
Great place to work if you are sales driven and willing to keep asking after being told no. The company is very results driven but are not inhuman and are comprised of some very good sales people
Exciting and challenging work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 12, 2018
This job has been one of the most exciting jobs I’ve had.
The management is awesome and very understanding. My wife is in the navy and has a very crazy schedule and they have been very understanding of my situation.
It is very fast paced and you always have to be on your feet, as no two leads are going to be the same. Being a commissioned based job you get out of it what you put into it. You have to stay motivated and really work to get the big paychecks. In the end you will always have a giant support group that you can come back to and get guidance from.
Pros
Pay, flexibility, management
Cons
Stressful, a lot of driving
Great company to work for
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 11, 2018
The training is very detailed and intense. Very helpful network of managers and support staff. I was skeptical when I started the interview process but I'm so glad I took the dive and found out what a great company this is. The training is very challenging but the rewards started paying off right away. I made 3 sales in first 4 days on my own. Sales is challenging but having The best products and services in the industry makes it easier. Not to mention having a team willing to support you through the whole process. The earning potential is truly through the roof. I'm looking forward to a long career and growing with the company.
Pros
Earning potential, plenty of leads
Cons
Working saturdays
a lot of playing around
Telemarketer/Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 2, 2018
I didn't like it and the supervisor play a lot of games. I could tell how many hours I worked because the paycheck didn't show it. They did buy pizza though.
what to say
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMarch 20, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone who has a family or who is shy. This job WILL NOT pay your bills unless you just have a skill for being able to sell to people.
Superior Management
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAFebruary 12, 2018
Company Culture is Collaborative and Supportive. Products and Service Departments work in unison. Team Building and Incentives are present. Great Company for a long time career in home improvement sales
Pros
Leadership, Products, Salesperson Support
Cons
If east of bay bridge dont apply
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocean City, MDJanuary 25, 2018
This job can in fact be life changing if you you are in Baltimore/DC area but they're making a very sloppy push toward the shore and using sales people as stepping stones to get there. I am in Ocean City and was promised the world by the recruiter but their price points are set for metro areas and are 3-5 times as much as eastern shore competition. They will show zero remorse for the time and money they take from you act condescending when you can't sell a 60k roof to a farmer who has another quote for 5k. That's a real example.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homefix Custom Remodeling. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

1.3Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight