HomeGoods Employee Reviews

Found 2,127 reviews matching the search See all 2,131 reviews
If you don't care about people, you can work here.
DC Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 22, 2019
Supervisors are expected to be at work one hour before shift and will likely be there at least one hour after the shift is over to complete paperwork due to a dinosaur 17 year old computer system. Bring your crystal ball to project what your department's goal will be for the day. Management is relentless about their KPI's and do not bend despite unplanned and unforseen forces outside of a department's or individual's control. Management operates on the "snapshot" approach. What they see in the moment is what you are reprimanded for regardless of any factual cause. Metrics, metrics, metrics are the only thing that matter.

The culture is similar to a prison system. Scheduled breaks and lunches, not a second longer, but, Supervisors are expected to cut their breaks and lunches short to ensure associates are adhereing to the "bell to bell" work policing...er, policy...same difference.

The most enjoyable part of the job? Tough to answer, but, if I have to pick one thing it's the solidarity of the other Supervisors dealing with the same nonsense and who support each other through each day's garbage that rolls downhill so we can survive another day.
Pros
$50 food credit in a bland, unhealthy cafeteria, I suppose.
Cons
See review.
Great Peers, Poor Management
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2019
The culture where people are able to get to know each one another and work as a team. The issue is that management doesn't help but hinder the concept of team.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Pay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Of course just like any first day of work every one is so nice and they will help you with anything. But towards the second week the managers will become non management. Meaning the will not help you, if a customer wants to speak to a manager you will have to wait at least an hour so they can help you (the employee) and the customer. The managers at Home Goods do NOT communicate with their employees at all!
I cosider HomeGoods an outstandig place to both shop and work!
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJJanuary 21, 2019
HomeGoods is a well managed company that is a quality place to work and provides only the most superior goods to customers. HomeGoods provides variety and quality to the customer.
Pros
High quality items featured
Cons
Not enough hours, pay is bad, no shift dif
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 20, 2019
I enjoyed looking at my progress through out the day but my management makes this job so terrible almost everyone at my location is looking for a new job. We all hate it.
We only get 4-5hrs a day for 5 days a week and at least 4 of us will come in at 4 or 5AM, I ride my bike to work and management knows this and they STILL only give me an average of 4 hrs a day making the commute not worth it considering the wage is basically minimum for my area.
The management team isnt on the same page which makes the flow team run around with their heads cut off, between starting projects 30 minutes before we open and not following codes or standards, the store was a mess.
I'm a floor associate but half the time I'm in the back lifting 70lb boxes, but at least that's better than when we work 8hrs straight on inventory from 3:00am... with one 15 break and no lunch...
The only good thing were the associates and coordinators. The managers make this job borderline hades.
The life and work balance is terrible, I had to get up so early that I went to sleep at 7pm to get enough sleep and that meant that I couldnt see my family AT ALL while I worked there plus theres no shift dif so if you work crazy early hours or overnights there is no compensation for the struggle. The schedule was also only ever put up on a Saturday, which means Sunday there were tons of no call no shows because of people not knowing the schedule. Again. Managment was terrible and it was obvious they didnt care about their employees.
Pros
Associates
Cons
Horrible managment
It was a nice temporary job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 20, 2019
It was a nice atmosphere to work, It was just a temporary job. I was still a college student, so I was just looking for work here and there. I had a lot of stress on my plate, and was not living in Plattsburgh yet, so I decided to leave. The management and my co-workers were very nice to work with. I wasn't there for a long period of time, but from what I can remember it was a nice place to work.
working around school
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJJanuary 19, 2019
working around school hour would be great for college students sometime people couldn't make it to over another so more employee flexibly towards college students
Great customers
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2019
I would work there again, this was my first job and it taught me alot about how to keep calm when customers are having a bad day and smile alot,along with thediscount
It really depends on your manager
First Response Operator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 17, 2019
The pay is not enough for all the work and the hours for a full time changes every week stops you from being able to work another job or go to school.
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Management is concerned about one thing and one thing only moving merchandise, don’t really cate at all about employees. The positive posts here must have been written by management or family. Management of store is totally chaotic. They pay at the bottom end of minimum wage. The problem is poor management and poor culture. The company TJX just wants to make money not interested in employers like Costco so going to Costco. Also, they work you very hard for what they pay you their great fullness is insincere.
Cons
Sometimes they treat you to a lunch
Fast, productive work place
Backroom Stocker (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAJanuary 16, 2019
This job was great, very fast and productive.
The time would go by so fast because there was lots to do which I enjoy.
Managers were very nice.
I learned how to unload packaging from the truck and process them (unbox the items) and organize everything by their sections
Pros
15 minute breaks while punched in
Cons
No healthcare
Fun to work at
Sale Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJanuary 16, 2019
It's an enjoyable work environment considering its retail. Costumers are friendly and willing to work with you. Existing staff is nice and willing to help any new team members if they are struggling.
Wouldn't Recomend
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVJanuary 16, 2019
Management had no idea how to run a store, only one of them was decent but the main manager was completely incompetent and very unprofessional.

They could never seem to get my paydays correct or they never came at all, my hourly wage was always wrong and they would have to try to fix it, which I'm pretty positive I still did receive all the money I was owed.

I was hired in for one job but never got to do that employees are constantly on register and still expected to get other things done do to management always complaining that it wasn't getting done quick enough. Promised 40+ hrs. a week barley got 20

Nothing about this job was great it was nothing but stress and wouldn't recommend anybody apply here.
Pros
Cons
clueless management, poor pay, poor hrs
Result driven
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsburg, INJanuary 16, 2019
Home Goods is a result driven fast paced work environment. Come prepared to work and see it through all tasks are completed while maintaining a clean work space.
The people are wonderful and are my biggest reason for staying.
Store Associate/ Stock Processor (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCJanuary 16, 2019
Almost every employee at this store is a joy to work with, the management is fair and friendly which makes talking to them much less stressful. My biggest problem is how often they change the schedule and won't update employees, we also only have printed schedules in our break room so if it changes one has to drive to the store to see their new hours. The work expected of you is fair though I believe the pay should be a bit higher. I have not worked here long enough to really develop an opinion on their hours but I do know they have a huge problem of cutting hours after the holidays.
Not bad
Coordinator for home and furniture (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAJanuary 16, 2019
It was a great place to work. The management was awesome. The training was great. They sent someone in from corporate to train me to make sure I understood the culture. It was great until I hurt my back and was never compensated.
I loved working with customers.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CA 95758January 16, 2019
There was so many things to do at this store. I was busy when I got there to when I left. The hours weren't enough to support me going back and forth to work since I lived in another city.
Great Retailer
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTJanuary 16, 2019
Wonderful place for deals on home items. Staff are friendly and helpful and the store works well with community programs. Good hours and excellent quality merchandise. Something new every week!
Good 1st job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 16, 2019
Good, laid back 1st job. Worked well with going to high school. They work well around schedules. They allow one to learn from mistakes. Management is good.
Great place to work and shop
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLJanuary 15, 2019
I enjoyed working in the backroom there it was fast paced and structured really no room for error. I got to see all the store merchandise before it hit the sales floor.
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
Not enough hours for my possision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeGoods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight