Homegoods Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,826 reviews matching the search See all 1,832 reviews
Great Place
ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 14, 2018
A great place to work, always busy helping and interacting with different customers, managers are very supportive.. Friendly and wonderful co-workers.. H.R is always there to help.. Standing most of the time.. Meeting new customers..
Very friendly environment- Great place to work
Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 14, 2018
Friendly environment for employees and customers. Staff was very personable. Enjoyed helping customers select items of interest. Great place to meet people of all cultures.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
N/a
good place to work
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 14, 2018
Good place to work. Friendly co-workers. Good pay. Good benefits after 30 days. in break room cafe and drinks. Hard work, but mostly just unloading boxes for 8 hours a day.
Not a Good Job For a Parent
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAAugust 13, 2018
If you have kids, I wouldn’t reccomend working here. The job was 40 mins away from me, most weeks I worked 6 days a week. I would spend 8 hours a week, JUST driving and 45-55 hours per week working. So on an overtime week, that’s 63 hours of work related acitivities. When I was home, I was asleep. I couldn’t attend to my child let alone spend quality time with him because I was exhausted, and by the time I did get up I had to leave for work. I would be gone from 2pm to 2am everyday, slept 8-10 hours, had 2-4 hours of free time. Not a lot to work with. I never cooked anymore because.. no time!! Pay was okay. Idk why they’re saying it’s competitve bc they start you off with like $10.50. My supervisor was sort of rude to me from time to time. People would get hurt at work and be expected to return the next day. The work is boring. Extremely. Production is never enough. They want you to work super fast non stop like a sweatshop. They provided free food if you worked on Saturday but it’s just a Chick-fil-A sandwich. They had free food events but it was the same thing every time and you have to pick a hamburger OR hot dog like?? I’m grown I want both!! Anyway, I made steady, okay pay. Not enough to live alone but enough to make it. Wages these days are sad. The pay I got wasn’t worth the work and the work I did, the hours, wasn’t worth being a lousy mom and not having a life. Never again. If you wanna make some extra money for Christmas or vacation or something go ahead but I can’t see myself doing this long term. The drive alone is enough to make yo
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Hours
Excellent place to work
Coordinator/key holder (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJAugust 12, 2018
I cannot say enough good things about working at Home Goods. The managers were amazing, especially the general manager. It was a fast paced environment, but were never pushed by management.
Pros
Amazing general manager
Cons
Relocation of management
Naw bruh dont work here unless u have to
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTAugust 11, 2018
It kinda stinks most of the people be dissing u in spanish like i dont know spanish. Well i say nae to to that. It is cool at times but overall not that cool of a experience
Overall a 10 star for me
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 11, 2018
The typical day was busy and interacted with customers all day long. Management was kind, busy and professional. The most I enjoyed about the job was the staff, the store cleanliness, and stocking to become more comfortable with store item and locations. I enjoyed working with customers. The hardest part of the job for me was standing on my feet for 5 hours or more straight.
Pros
atmosphere was pleasant
Cons
standing long hours
Great place to work!
Floor Associate / Processor / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 10, 2018
Have always loved HomeGoods. Enjoyed seeing what was coming in our shipments each day. The customers were very sweet and engaging and I looked forward to seeing them on their next visit.
Fast Paced and Labor Intensive
Key Carrier/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2018
I found it an extremely physical job lifting heavy furniture, rugs, mirrors on a daily basis. It was also fast paced due to the need to empty the incoming trucks of merchandise in time for the next incoming truck. While maintaining high level of customer service during peak hours. The management were very good at their jobs and understanding. The hardest part of the job was running the store at peak hours with few or no additional employees to help. Often times only a single manager was on duty for half or more of the shift with no floor representatives to assist with the needs of customers while also having to lifting heavy furniture/rugs/mirrors for customers, in addition to maintaining the role of store manager with no breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the family environment created through fellow employee association. I learned a lot from this position regarding managerial, design, and customer service skills.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks
Cons
Lack of staff, and low pay
Great staff and management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAAugust 9, 2018
Not the most exciting job but I love the people I work with and how well they try to help with schedules. They are very flexible and will work with you. More like a family than work.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Not very exciting job
HomeGoods??
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 9, 2018
Home goods is a good job for high school kids looking for a first job. The pay is good for a first job, but not for a career there is no room for growth so it's a dead end job
A good job to have part time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Latham, NY 12110August 8, 2018
I had this job so I can help pay for the little bit of bills and school expenses that I had. The hardest part of the job is definitely dealing with customers and the heavy labor that can go into moving the furniture within the store, putting out new merchandise and the like. The only thing I didn't like was that I never got as many hours as I wanted to.
Pros
Break room
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Fast paced, but friendly
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 8, 2018
Overall TJX is the best retail company to work for. Sometimes coordinators were stretched a little thin, but it helped me grow because I had to push myself to get the work done.
N/a
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAAugust 8, 2018
I have really nothing bad or good to say about this place it was fun but I just was not getting the hours I wanted. But the managers were good to me and very friendly and it had a pretty good working environment.
Place to grow in the retail world
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IAAugust 8, 2018
A good place to start as a part time associate and be able to work your way up to full-time coordinator, and then possibly up to management.
Managers help you grow in your position. They challenge you to learn new things, grow in confidence and try to promote from within.
The people who are there the longest tend to help promote a team culture the most.
There is a high turnover rate as it is retail and has a lot of high school and college age part-timers.
Pros
3 breaks for a >6 hr day, comradare
Cons
inconsistent schedule, high turn over rate(retial)
Stressfull
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYAugust 8, 2018
Very demanding, high paced. Require you to preform tasks very regularly that should be preformed by someone else. You don't feel valued as an employee.
Productive fun place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 7, 2018
Home goods was a great workplace. It provided great room to work in. Provided great people. It provided a great break room. I really dislike the short discounts and short breaks.
Pros
Break room
Cons
Short discounts
Going downhill
Manager (Current Employee) –  MAAugust 6, 2018
5 years ago when I started, Homegoods was about a work/life balance. The last 1 and a half to 2 years have been chaos. They are trying to open too many new stores and they don't have the managers for it so current managers need to help out. These changes are all happening last minute, and they tell, not ask, you to change your schedule and travel to help. It makes having a family difficult. I work to live, not live to work. Upper management is overfilling the store with freight, making constant switches in markdowns schedules and floor moves and want us to do more with less, meaning less payroll, more hours for the salary staff. We have to "build flexible teams" but we are always asking our hourlies to switch their schedule around. We give them overtime on weeks we need them, then drop them to 12 hours the following week. We weren't like this before, and it's getting really frustrating. Sadly, no body wants to hear about it and it's now "the way of the future", but I think they are going to burn out all their talented managers.
Cons
Longer and longer shifts, constantly switching priorities
Productive and fun place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 6, 2018
Great customers and great coworkers
Great merchandise to display
Room for growth
Discount days
Human resource department is very helpful
Fun morale activities
Pros
Busy store
Cons
Not enough time to put out merchandise
Fun workplace. Hours are okay don’t give you a hard time if you want time off
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 6, 2018
It’s an ok job. Never really had much of a problem since I been here. I would recommend this job to somebody if it’s only temporary or part time. Not a career job
Pros
Time off
Cons
Not really enough Hours