Homegoods Employee Reviews

Found 1,944 reviews matching the search See all 1,948 reviews
Personal opinion
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 21, 2018
It's an okay place for a summer or a part-time job but it is not a job you would do the rest of your life. Most of the customers are nice, but it may get very stressful with a short staff especially around nights and holidays.
Pros
Sometimes there's a room for growth for a management level.
Cons
The raise system is very unfair.
Revolving door of insanity and instability
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIOctober 20, 2018
Poorly managed store that has poor communication with each other as well as employees. HVAC system in dire need of proper repair from licensed professionals. Break room resembles preschool classroom, always felt belittled while in there; not to mention its FILTHY! Restrooms dirty, barely kept up as there was no maintenance staff. Stock room always a wreck and an OSHA call away from closing store. District managers must be blind! Management unable to handle scheduling and update computer and training systems. I could go on...and about half of the customers think there's a concierge service! Such is life in retail. Underpaid and overworked.
Pros
Breaks, you get to go home
Cons
Confusing schedules, conflicting information, pushing a credit card
Great pay for entry level
Shipping (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, GAOctober 20, 2018
I just started working at homegoods and I really enjoy it. Unlike Most places they don't place unreasonable expectations on their workers. Not physically demanding at all. You can actually make a decent check here but that also depends on you. I really don't know where some of these other people have worked but I can tell you that Homegoods is actually a very good job and pays extremely well for an entry level position. If your unsatisfied with 12-13.50 starting off then you should've made better decisions in life.

Honestly this place really cares aboit their employees and does everything possible to make your work experience more enjoyable. I do voluntary OT on the weekends and they always get papa johns or chip fil a for their workers. Brand new warehouse so its extremely clean.

As you can tell I'm extremely pleased with Homegoods. Another great thing? After a year you get two weeks paid vacation tell me a job you've ever worked at that does that. I work 3rd shift so I can only speak about the upper management for 3rd shift and Danielle is great. They always make you feel like a person and not the help that can be filtered through for more help like some places I know.
Pros
Relaxed working atmosphere, friendly upper management, after 1 year two weeks paid vacation, Pto, benefits, voluntary OT, casual attire, different shifts to fit your schedule
Cons
30 min lunch, long walk to break room depending on department
it was zero tolerance
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTOctober 19, 2018
The shifts flew by but overall its like your walking on eggshells I mean if u come in at 7:02 that's considered late so it's a little over the top and they ended my assignment based off that ....they didn't even appreciate the fact I was grinding willing to show up on a pedal bike and busing it ..I mean that's someone who really wants to work... so you be the judge!
Pros
no Pros
Cons
just cons (0- tolerance)
HomeGoods Overview
Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 19, 2018
I'd say the hardest thing about the job was being creative in how you would organize the merchandise. Not hard, just tedious. Co-workers were very nice and super helpful.
One of my best jobs i ever had, best chice i ever made when i lived in a new place
Sales floor team member (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 18, 2018
it was one of my first jobs, I would love to work with them again.
it was a peaceful place to work and the benefits are the best.
super flexible if you trying to go to school or have another job.
High customer contact in a good & busy location
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 18, 2018
This position required long hours doing physically demanding work stocking supplies and cleaning the store and offered short breaks at just above minimum wage pay. Working with the customers and reviewing new products on a regular/daily basis was the best part of the job.
Pros
location was good especially for a lot of customer contact
Cons
long hours doing hard work for low pay
Bad pay. Temp job
Bulk Coordinator / Back Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 18, 2018
I actually loved the people I worked with and the management was all fantastic. The only downside is there is very little life you can make on this pay alone. Independence just isn't possible on the pay here.
Pros
Cool environment, and fantastic management
Cons
Horrible pay
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 17, 2018
Is a pretty good place to work. Never really had a mean or rude customer. Coworkers and managers were all nice to work with. Overall a pretty nice place to work
Mismanaged
Backroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lewes, DEOctober 17, 2018
I was a guy in a store full of woman who would act like they can't do anything when I was there but had no problems doing anything on my days off. With 4 managers, who had there own way of doing things and then there was the corporate way
I had fun working with others
Processor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 15, 2018
I had a good time working there, everyone was great and I had learned a lot. Management was great. There wasn't a time that it was hard. Well trained.
Pros
The hours were great
Energetic
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 15, 2018
This is a new store , my group built the store inventory over a 2 week period . Very challenging , very gratifying . Work was hard ,we saw the fruits of our labor, it was wonderful
Pros
Great to be part of the team
Cons
average pay
Good for certain people
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 14, 2018
A typical day was a mix of stocking, helping customers, and working the registers if needed. The management, depending on who it was, was fun or could be sometimes stressful; either way, things got done. The hardest part of the job for me was handling the expensive and/or fragile items.
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
Hot store
Good environment
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Woodland, CAOctober 14, 2018
Good place to work not many hour for low level positions but nice people. Minimum wage.nice place to work friendly lots to do this place is great for me mostly because it is a short distance away from me were I live so it's local.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
Don't work at the warehouse. little pay for warehouse work not worth it. Plenty of other ones pay way more. slave work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTOctober 13, 2018
Don't work at the warehouse. They pay minimum wage for warehouse work, and it is not worth it. Slave work, a lot of older women lifting heavy boxes. Idk how the workers can stay there. Most people quit thats why they're always hiring.
Pros
food trucks for break sometimes, nice workers
Cons
slave work, minimum wage pay may go up .30cents after month. heavy lifting. not worth it.
Crazy busy ask 150% for crazy low pay
Front flow and back unloader (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAOctober 12, 2018
They ask too much and pay too little. Can't get out of here fast enough. No one really stays more than 3 or 4 months it's a stepping stone job and one that literally every employee is trying to get out of asap all at the same time which helps when you all talk about what other jobs that actually pay something other than just taxs per hour.
Pros
Cons
Pay, workload, disorganized, everything
na
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 12, 2018
Do not wish to answer. I didn't work long enough to form a good view of job. It was very stressfull getting all the inventory on the floor and arranging it to their standards.
Pros
good people
Cons
too stressfull
Grand opening
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Township of Howell, NJOctober 11, 2018
Helped open a new store for grand opening, before we opened and about the first few weeks of grand opening I was working major overtime (which i wanted to I needed lots of hours) everyone was getting lots of hours and shortly after grand opening, the payroll was cut and hours were cut DRAMATICALLY you were lucky if you were on the schedule for TWO DAYS ! They went from giving us 40+ hours to maybe two 4 hour shifts a week! It's actually laughable just how bad the hours have gotten I'm now looking for a second job because getting about 10 hours a week sure isn't gonna pay my bills! It's awful and the management isnt too great either they have extremely unrealistic expectations and they dont care about how messy and unorganized the store looks they just want us to shove everything out because we're not allowed to have any items in the back room. It's very messy and disorganized every manager will tell you something different no one is on the same page.
Pros
Lots of breaks
Cons
Hours get cut, unrealistic expectations, poor management
Productive work place
Sales Floor Representative (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAOctober 11, 2018
I learned how to manage my time accordingly by completing given tasks during my shifts as well as learning how to approach and assist customers on the floor.
nothing to say
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seaside, CAOctober 11, 2018
home goods is a great place to work. i prefer retail over fast food. i don't know nothing more to say about the store, other than the mangers aren't as fair as they are with other empolyees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homegoods. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

71out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Homegoods.

Powered by Comparably