HomeGoods

Found 3,913 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,927 reviews
merchandisestoretjxfurnitureassociateretailcardfloor

Great Coworkers and Management

Featured review

HomeGoods selected this as a representative review
This is a good job if you need a part-time job that can be flexible with what days and hours you can work. The store is nice and run well. Co-workers and management are friendly. The store is busy and you will generally stay busy throughout your shift but there's typically enough workers there to help so it doesn't get overwhelming. Perks include free employer paid lunches brought in quite often, holiday gift cards and 10% employee discount is nice as well. Workplace culture is good. This is a good job for someone who would rather be on their feet than sitting down.

Pros

easy going atmosphere, customers and other associates are nice

Cons

It’s a great environment and always there to help. You just have to work around then with your scheduling. But great place to work. You should give it a chance

HomeGoods insights

• Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Productive, nice enviroment

Is my first job and i been working for a while now. Its filled with really nice managers and coworkers. treat you like family and fun to be around. Great job

fun workplace

Overall HomeGoods is a fun place to work. The managers expect you to do the things your told but are relax and not hovering around you. It can be very fast paced and you’ll have to do 8 things at once, but the people there make up for the customers and crazy rushes.

Not a nice place

Trouble place to work managers were very demeaning it was horrible there I would suggest nobody work at this location in Trumbull CT. I would try another location

Outstanding Workplace

Management is outstanding. My co-workers are also outstanding. The only not so good part is that there isn't always enough space to stock additional merchandise on the shelves.

Ok

Worked hard optional schedules four ten hour days three day weekends your typical warehouse scenario nothing out of the ordinary just what to expect at

not great

The same as any other big retail corporate job. Some good people, if you're lucky. Power structure allows room for unresolved mistreatment and inappropriate behaviors.

Coworkers made it "worthwile".

My coworkers were probably the best part about this job. The management was close to horrible, it seemed they didn't care about their employees, I felt we were always understaffed, and I felt like I was never being challenged at my job. I was constantly training new associates, but still getting the same pay as the new employees. I would often be left alone doing projects that included building HEAVY furniture that I was BARELY able to lift myself (big mirrors, dressers, couches). On a day-to-day basis, it was often hard to find the management, when I needed to ask a question or get some help, they were always locked up in their office. My coworkers are the only thing that made this job bearable. It was an "okay" first job, but you could not pay me enough to go back.

Pros

Free lunches (sometimes), long breaks/lunches

Terrible Work Environment

Management at this location is terrible. There is constant drama instigated by grown adults. Seems like people will be targeted and berated by certain members of management for no given reason. Working conditions are poor and unsafe. If a place has a revolving door turnover rate or loses a significant amount of employees at once, that should be a sign to stay away.

Pros

Free snacks, long lunch break

Cons

Management, poor conditions

It's fun

I'm not getting no hours , I don't find that very pleasing ! Overall , good place , some stuff do bother me , I love the coworkers , it's just my hours .

don't work there

second level management (Regional management) extremely poor. Work balance is a joke - less labor more expectancy to do more with less. Work schedules change weekly (sometimes daily) yet to ask for time off needs to be submitted two weeks in advance and is often denied. Pay is extremely low given the expectations- my advice don't work there.

Chaotic messy place

Very messy chaotic place to work. Constant truckloads of deliveries, no set schedule. Cashiering is crazy, not enough room to bag the items, there's all different sizes including oversized lamps and framed pictures. Not enough cashiers working each shift so customers get very annoyed and impatient about the long lines.Training is not that great, coworkers not that helpful.

Nice place to work

This is a good job if you need a part-time job that can be flexible with what days and hours you can work. Although some days are slower than others, there is always something to do to stay busy. The store environment is good. I enjoy working with my coworkers who are nice and easy to get along with. Management is hit or miss. The hardest part of my job is getting customers to apply for the TJX credit card.

Pros

employee discount @ all TJX stores, flexible schedule, free snacks, paid weekly, great co-workers

Cons

low compensation (min wage), dealing with the most unpleasant person with a smile and thank you, poor management.

Easy work, great people

Very low pay, and horrible hours people there are really nice. If you part time in January don’t expect to be put on schedule. I left after a couple weeks after knowing I wasn’t gonna be on the schedule checks we’re extremely low.

Fun coworkers but terrible management

It’s a fun place to work at but management is terrible. Always pushing us to get costumer’s to apply for the store credit cards and bribing us with candy.

None. Only worked there for a couple weeks and there was no work.

When I worked there there was no work. The people and managers were good. The commute for me was awesome. I would very much like to work there again.

Pros

Cons

No work.

Ehh

It was an okay first job to have. Management could have been better but the managers were very friendly. Customers could be a handful but it wasn’t too bad.

Good work place

It was a good working experience, laid back, good management didn’t have any problems working there , it was a easy job other then dealing with heavy furniture at times

It is an ok job while your in school

Just your basic warehouse. It could be an alright job due to co-workers . Just have to keep an eye out for payroll. There is a high turnover rate in payroll

Pros

breaks, lunches

Cons

payroll

fun environment friendly coworkers

this job was really easy and peaceful. the pay was very fair with the amount of work you put in. Nice and fun co-workers and managers were very kind and understanding.

Common questions about HomeGoods

Answered by current and former employees at HomeGoods

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeGoods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight