Homegoods Employee Reviews

Overall review
Layup associate / Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 11, 2018
Lack of communication with supervisors, communication with supervisors and employees is poor. The warehouse has no control of where things are going you do have job security because if there is no job in your area then they transfer you over to an area that is short on employees.
you meet different people and make friends
General Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTMay 9, 2018
a very nice environment is good and a very nice place to work know one bothers you it a percentage and incentive productivity but everything is fun here
Pros
lockers are free of charge and parking
Cons
we have health benefits and 401 and many more
Great envirment encourage advancment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMay 8, 2018
Lots of positive energy and promotion. They are always teaching and training and encourage you to tell or ask about what you want to know more about. All postions are open to be worked by all employees and they encourage you to pitch in where there is a need.
Pros
Positive and encouraging.
Cons
Short days.
Daily productivity was fast paced and rewarding.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAMay 8, 2018
Stock and Merchandising is embellished with unique culture influences from around the world. Items delivered to the store spark a great deal of interest towards customers as well as the employees. This made for an enjoyable working experience.
Team members are a plus to work with. Friendly and full of smiles. Always ready to work in a fast pace.
The store could of used more space for product at times. Sometimes there was to much overflow. Management left you feeling confused at times.. Over all, it was a good experience working there.
Was Cool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMay 7, 2018
It was a good job for experience. Met a lot of new people and gained a lot of work experience that I now have under my belt. Management was scattered but still did okay. most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see all the new stuff in shipment and helped putting out
Good Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMay 6, 2018
Overall, my experience at HomeGoods was good. I learned how to collaborate with others while taking on projects. The most enjoyable part of the job was becoming more knowledgeable about interior design.
Pros
free lunches
great team work
customer service (Current Employee) –  Westport, CTMay 5, 2018
very fast paced in the backroom, volume is 100% we do a truck a day monday thru friday . coordinators place merchandise once there opened out of the boxes to restock the shelves . the hrs are 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. unloading the truck we get furniture,lamps that have to be built also. fun working environment a lot of team play and a lot of lifting, bending, and walking. Managers are great they work with your schedule. i really enjoy working at Home Goods i have been there 10 + years. and also first time this year we got bonus checks.
Pros
Pizza for lunch for doing work on time and Xmas party
Cons
bonus check, 12 hrs personal for part -time
mean co workers, horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAMay 4, 2018
never work here are not flexible with schedules, management is mean, they pick favorites, are selfish and greedy, racial profiling happens there, just bad all around.
N/a
Furniture mover and assembler/floor rep (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 4, 2018
I refuse to write or review this job for this website but it wont let me leave without writing 150 characters. so I'm just doing this to fill space. its dumb.
fast pace work
Department Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 3, 2018
Very fast pace workplace . Wouldn't like to leave but schedule is not family friendly . Get free lunch from time to time . Great benefits and company overall.

Want to know more about Homegoods?

Ask a question
Results oriented, ever changing retailer
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 3, 2018
Homegoods is a retail company with a great business model. The problem was that the expectations for the volume of work was not realistic in the real world. It is a great company with an ongoing problem with logistics.
Pros
Results oriented
Cons
Old technology
Flexible Retail Job
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 2, 2018
The atmosphere is best described as fast-paced yet enjoyable, includes working in a cooperative manner with employees and assisting customers. Management is pretty flexible with their hours/days when it comes to full time college students. It is a good part time job for those who are beginning to gain retail experience or would just like it as a way to stay productive.
fun place to work
Backroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 2, 2018
exiting place to work if you love working with customers and helping them out. helps you learn about type of different styles and looks for the household.
Great customer experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 2, 2018
Store Managerial experience needs to improve alittle dsyfunctional at times. Fellow employees were great to work with, Assisting customers with merchandise and anything else that required assistance was wonderful. I received great reviews to the corporate office which I have copies of to prove my assessments.
Pros
great customer satisfaction
Cons
short breaks, no health care, management unorganized at times
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 2, 2018
Home Goods is a happy environment, which makes it easier for employees to actually do their job more effectively. The culture is great. Everyone helps one another for the most part. The work can be more tedious and harder than expected if you're not working in the front end, which would make me think that compensation should be more than it is. Overall great place to work. Discounts are great and weekly pay is great.
Good job.
Backroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Kenwood, OHMay 1, 2018
Not enough hours. I would like to continue working at HomeGoods. I am looking to supplement this job with a second job. This job is not boring because HomeGoods' sells unique merchandise that is the subject of interesting conversations.
Pros
Flexible.
Cons
Flexible-as in, it'll be a relief if you ask for time off b/c then they won't have to pay you.
Great place
Merchandise associate (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHApril 30, 2018
I really love it here; the people are great, the company is great, and it is fun to see all the stuff that comes through the store. Busy on weekends, but great environment.
Pros
coworkers, holiday meals
Cons
rude customers
Fun work place, incentives, great team. Cheerful
Casjier, sales associate (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHApril 30, 2018
Loved it there. Did really well. Was very good with customers, fast in processing merchandise. Was effective for making store instant credit card goals! Contest winner!!.
Pros
Awesome
Cons
Great Workplace and nice work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJApril 29, 2018
The people who work there are great and nice people to work with. Ever since the first day they treated me with love and respect. I really enjoyed it!
Pros
Nice Managers
Cons
Low Hours
Fast past, work when you are on the floor, i can say a lil bit stressfull because im working with money. But ... If im focus everything turns aroung g
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Davis, PAApril 29, 2018
Even..that is stressfull dealing with money i love my job. managers are good. Great company to work for. Wonderfull employees. Flexible hrs. Ill recommend anybody to work for this stable n good company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homegoods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight