Homegoods Employee Reviews

so so
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CAMarch 24, 2018
it was a slow paced environment that sometimes was fast paced but overall a okay job. i liked it at times but sometimes the hours got cut back a lot so only coordinators gotall the hours so the sales associate . hardest part of the job was when certain managers would tell you one thing and then to do another because the main manager wanted something else done
Pros
it was easy
Cons
management where not on top of things
Overall the best job I've ever had!
Layup Technician (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GAMarch 24, 2018
I loved working at HomeGoods to be honest. The only reason I left is because I moved to California. It was laid back. They gave you job assignments and left you alone. You could wear anything that was appropriate for every day outings.
Pros
paid time off, weekly pay
Cons
overtime usually weekly during holidays, point system.
Great place to grow of you work hard
Assistant Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 23, 2018
In a short time I was promoted 3 times. I started as a part timer making 10hr now I have a salary and benefits. The growth opportunities are there if you want to work for them.
Pros
Great growth ooportunity
Cons
High pressure, seemingly impossible tasks, too many hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIMarch 23, 2018
If you're looking for a job to start at then this is the place. You will get good hours and decent pay. The workers there are also very polite and friendly.
good place
customer service area (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68144March 22, 2018
good place to work if you need a side job. Good people to work with. Fast paced in the back, upfront varies. but overall a cool place to be i suppose.
lack of communication
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 22, 2018
The communication is not good, The manager isn't constant in their communication to the staff, huddles haven't happened since before the holiday season. Morale isn't good due to lack of communication and staffing needs to be beefed up, workload is to much for the number of people on staff.
flexible shifts but over worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJ 07095March 21, 2018
as a sales associate i was required to put back returns, cashier and recover the sales floor all in a 5 hour shift, at the same time. I believe this was because of lack of payroll, therefore the store was not properly staffed. I was making 7.25$ a hour and had to do the job of three people at once. When I first started in 2012 there was an awesome team of managers, but this company loves to relocate managers, which brought the moral down a lot. I have worked under too many managers who made a disgusting amounts of money and barely did any work at all while the sales associates worked hard for minimum wages.
Pros
flexible hours, willing to work with schedules
Cons
pay, amount of work, and pathetic raises
Putting together furniture.
Maintenance Worker/Sales Assist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 21, 2018
I would start my day off by cleaning the bathroom and putting together furniture. I enjoy fixing items that nobody else could fix or put together. Management was alright but at times there hands were tied. The work place area was interesting which I kept clean at all times due to OSHA rules. Coming to work in the morning and could not find the proper tools to due the work, in all I finally brought my own tools and key to do my job. The enjoyable part for me was that the customer and worker enjoy the cleanness of the bathroom and the store.
Pros
People enjoying the cleanness of the store and the facility.
Cons
Not enough hours of work.
Faced pace Cashier
Sales associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lomita, CAMarch 21, 2018
At the beginning I loved working at Homegoods because everyone was so nice and helpful. And It got really easy all I was doing was ringing up items for pay, and wrapping breakable items. But then one day I just started to hate working there. I didn't like the fact that I was doing nothing but being a cashier and I wanted more out of the job.
Pros
Lunch and break
Cons
boring
Great Place to work
Assistant Manager and Key Holder for Homegoods (Former Employee) –  Houston TXMarch 20, 2018
Management is great and you stay busy which makes the day pass quickly, Great place to work. I also loved shopping here also, new truck everyday full of new products to unload.
Pros
Discounts
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTMarch 20, 2018
Good the staff was wonderful amy the manager was very nice customers were wonderful the work was easy love doing cashiering fold towels great customers
Boring place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTMarch 20, 2018
Everyone was rude. I got sexually harassed by one of the managers when I first worked there at age 17. I told my mom and friend and he eventually got fired. Manager was rude. People started quitting after a while.
Pros
Made friends
Cons
Lack of support
Wonderful work environment
Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEMarch 19, 2018
The work place was very peaceful and welcoming because all the workers have an open mind. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we work together to stock up the shelves.
Unorganized and stressful place to work
Backroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMarch 19, 2018
At this job everything was based on teamwork to get the job done and there was none. No support like that from management team. New hires were not getting trained properly to complete tasks so they would make the people who did know do it all the time. They lie and say flexible hours, on call all the time and its not an on call job. they always promise you things to get you to do extra stuff and don't deliver on their end.
Awesome Awesome Awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2018
I wish i was able to continue to work here. I got along great with my coworkers. The customers were nice, the work wasn't always easy but it was always fun. The pay was great, breaks were great, you feel every appreciated
Home Goods Distribution Center
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTMarch 17, 2018
A typical day at work was to complete data entry process for over 200 hundred employee step by step work flow. Management was overwhelmed with the process.
easy, great workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJMarch 16, 2018
A easy job, quick to get the hang of, employees are amazing and extremely helpful. work environment is great, always happy to help each other. Management is a great team always willing to give a hand when needed.
Pros
discounts, flexible schedule
Cons
not enough hrs
Excellent workplace focusing on training/mentoring next level talent.
Regional Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 16, 2018
Driven workplace focusing on development of future leaders within the organization. Always have a mindset of innovation and developing strategies to improve processes and business objectives. Drive a culture and work/life balance. Being an essential business partner within all departments to drive sales and enhance the customer experience in the stores.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 15, 2018
To work together and peace I enjoy the time work in the place and learned some thing new for my life about decoration nice place to work and for get experience.
Good for a short time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXMarch 14, 2018
I worked here for about 3 years, but I would only suggest it for someone who really needs extra money. The hardest part of the job is how monotonous it is.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homegoods. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

71out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Homegoods.