Homejoy Employee Reviews

This Place Is No Longer In Business
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COMay 9, 2018
It was a wonderful website-based cleaning agency; wonderful clientelle and decent pay. They were willing to work with the distance I was able to travel. Sorry theyre gone.
N/a
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2018
I really enjoyed this job. I like to work alone sometimes and this was a great fit for me. The hrs where great I could set my own schedule and was always able to make it home on time for the kids
The company went under
Operations Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 8, 2018
The company no longer is in existence. The company did not receive its 3 round of funding and close its doors sometime in June of 2015. The company ran out of money.
Pros
Free Lunches, great culture
Cons
Company was not well run
no benefits
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90010September 10, 2017
cleaning 2houses day sometimes with small time to clean a house drive from one location to another. You did not know what kind of customer you were going to get. The only way was by other associates reviews. No benefits, no health care no vacation
Pros
tips
Cons
no breaks no vacation no benefits
Fun enviroment with many rooms to relax in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95815July 20, 2017
Hardest part about the job was finding a replacement cleaning professional for the customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we are able to satisfy a customer 100%. I learned how to communicate with the customers and the cleaning professionals in a timely manner.
flexible schedule, ability to choose your hours
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98148May 6, 2017
you have a phone app that received orders. It's based on first come first serve, but you can pick and choose your own hours and work load by giving the management your hours that you'd like to work. There's a standard guide line of what we can and can't do while on the job, but it is encouraged to conform the the customer's request even if it's not on the list. Hardest part was not knowing what you are about to see. Flexibility was one of the nice thing about this job.
Pros
friendly people to work with
Cons
went out of business
Fun place
Operations Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 22, 2017
A typical day was working with a great group of very smart people. Project based work and the liberty to really take projects from beginning to end and own the process and implementation.

Learned what it looks like to see a start up fizzle out in the end in great fashion.

Management was distant, but obviously the final outcome speaks for itself.

Hardest part of the job was the constant change of direction.

Most enjoyable was a good group of people.
Pros
Free Lunches, Swag, good team outtings, happy hour Fridays
Cons
Constantly iterating, no direction, distant managment
Fantastic Company to work for.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 4, 2016
Fantastic Company to work for with great employee culture and engaging work environment. Standards are held high and a busy productive workplace is engrossing to be a part of.
I love working for HomeJoy.
Professional Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 7, 2016
I absolutely Loved working for HomeJoy, so much so that I completely changed my career field. No one cleans as well as I do. Sadly that they went out of business. I enjoyed the meeting of the different clients and the travelling involved. Everyday was a new day.
Pros
Not having someone looking over my shoulder at every turn.
Cons
No insurance.
enjoy bworjking for company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2016
I enjoy working for Homejoy, unfortunally the company went out of business, as far as management It was a headache every time we the cleaners wanted to contact customer service. work time was very flexible since it was self contract business.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits
Amazing Clientelle
Cleaning Professional (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COJune 3, 2016
I really liked the peace of cleaning - more often than not, the homeowners were not there...I could focus on taking pride in my work and truly enjoyed myself.
Ok Employment
Residential Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 7, 2015
Could have been better, could have been worst! Enjoyed the experience along the way though. The Pro was flexible hours and reliable pay. The Great Con is the company was geared towards profitable gain, not so much the well being of the customer and cleaner.
Great company. Too bad the company closed down.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of sweeping, mopping,dusting, washing dishes, laundry, cleaning all bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, living room, etc, The best part of the job were two things. 1 setting my own schedule and making the clients day by providing them with a great clean home. While in return getting great reviews.
no longer around
Client Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 24, 2015
homejoy no longer exist. Was bought out by another company. 20 words is too much. There is no more to say. Homejoy was fun while it lasted.
Pros
pay
Cons
gone
best job ever
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 11, 2015
This was the best job I ever had.. I enjoyed the freedom of making my own schedule around school hours. I loved communicating with clients while I cleaned their home. loved this job!
well rounded
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
I can say that while with homejoy I met a lot of talented, friendly, encouraging individuals. While working I liked to get in and get out cleaning efficiently as possible. A regular day would consist of cleaning common areas dusting and vacuuming. For the most part the manager was almost always reachable and answered questions when she was able to do so. The hardest part for me would be a client canceling or not having any rememerance of an appointment and also a filthy place, it is my job to clean yes but to me it is a huge difference between messy needing a little work and or organization and complete filth to the point where I am not comfortable to clean. I just like helping others out the best way I can and I really do not mind cleaning at all.
Pros
Making a schedule that works for me
Cons
No break
Mixed Feelings
CLIENT ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 5, 2015
Good start, good idea. Execution, not the best. Poor management of finances and insufficient enforcement of standards.
No Job Security Along With Other Major Flaws
CSR (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 4, 2015
Homejoy seemed like a company that was too good to be true. Unlimited PTO and no attendance policy for almost a whole year in operation, things were bound to go south-- and eventually it did. The whole company is run by really young, inexperienced people who are trying their best but that's not good enough. Since an article was leaked about the company is in talks of getting acquired by a much larger company (Handybook), things have just gotten worse. I don't see the company lasting any longer.
Pros
Fully stocked kitchen, unlimited PTO, Full benefits
Cons
Poor management, No structure, No job security, Lack of communication
Fast paced, quick to change
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 2, 2015
Started in the San Francisco office, relocated to Sacramento, CA as Call Center Client Service Supervisor. Managed team of up to 10. Hire, train, coach new and existing teams. Constant change in policy and procedure to better the experience for clients.
Good culture- management can be better
support (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 24, 2015
As any startup, its risky and job security is never 100% Ive seen a high turn over, management makes incredibly stupid decisions and trust was given to some very unreliable people, but overall, I've had the opportunity to grow and learn skills that I would have to go back to school for. The culture (other than management who can be very *exclusive* ) is great, everyone gets along and there are some very hard working people with a passion to create work opportunities to the contractors.
Pros
Free lunch, dinner, benefits are great and 100% covered, commute stipend
Cons
no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homejoy. Our community is ready to answer.