Homeland Security Solutions, Inc Employee Reviews

Well Paced
Physical Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms Marine Corps Base, CAOctober 16, 2018
My day was easy with my own paced work to include busy at times. The most enjoyable part of work was accomplishing my own tasks with minimal supervision.
Great Company
Supervisory Crime / Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 26, 2018
The company was always very supportive. The site supervisor was always professional and went to bat for you. The company always found ways to help better the individual both professionally and in personal crisis.
slow paced
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Barstow, CASeptember 25, 2018
meet new people everyday but not a lot of work to do. Very slow paced. not much instruction. the hardest part of job is finding something to do. The admin on fire side is great.
Great company
Ready-For-Issue (RFI) Custodian (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VA 22134September 6, 2018
I did shift work, so working during the night had its own pros and cons.

Work environment at the Marine Corps Police department was great.

Work tempo in the armory was slow except during shift change.
Garbage Company = Garbage Humans
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  CAAugust 19, 2018
A typical work day is a "he said/she said" work environment and people trying to get up in your business. In this job, it's not about what you know or who is the most qualified, it's about who can kiss up the most. Competition within the company is eliminated by making false accusations and reports. This company routinely breaks the law every day. They pander to the employees like they are going to fix the issues but they never do. Our site was filled with college graduates and prior military but the high schooler was in charge. Very passive-aggressive culture and emails.
Pros
Decent pay, work for free during your off the clock lunch
Cons
No breaks, no standards, filthy working environment
Excellent work environment, unstable employment long-term
Physical Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 14, 2018
The compensation was better than expected and the pace of work was very manageable. My work-day was largely self-determined with few unnecessary interruptions from management.
Pros
High Compensation
Cons
Unstable contract renewal
Great place to work !
Pass and ID Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2018
I love working for hssi so far. Management works hard to accomodate all personnel. They have went above and beyond to create new oportunites for new employees as well as current employees.
Great job and co-workers
Emergency Dispatcher - Erin Brady (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 14, 2018
They welcome you, train you in a short amount of time because the job isn't hard to do. They work with you in regard to emergencies and appointments. Very good company to work for in addition to the financial benefits.
productive with gym room
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 6, 2018
what I learned on this job, is being very detailed to all documents received, may it come from a school, library, doctors office, insurance agency, or even a pictures received, you must stay focus at all times, people have many different names, but the enjoyable part was seeing how a first, second and last names can be different for the same person.
Great place to work and build a multi knowledge base
North Carolina (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 2, 2018
Typical day was fast paced. We had lines of potential contractors trying to get access to the base through employment. It was a rigorous but enjoyable job, may not be suitable for most
Back stabbing culture
Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 20, 2018
Management is very bad- stupid, incompetent, back stabbers.
Most co-workers are petty and childish- willing to lie and rat out another in some ill-conceived attempt to make themselves look better.
It is no wonder they have such a high turnover rate for instructors.
Pros
government work schedule
Cons
management, co-workers, culture
Limited Exposure Working for HSSI
ID & Pass Clerk (Administrative Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2018
I had a unique job title and function but was the rough equivalent of an administrative assistant position, I worked for a government contractor providing administrative services to the U.S. military.

I was mistreated by half of the military personnel which limited recourse from my manager due to office/contract politics. There were occasions where I worked overtime for free due to said politics. The clerical work itself was easy. It was physically strenuous at times due to package/mail handling being redirected from military personnel to me. The pay itself was very low considering I was working in one of the most expensive cities in the U.S. I commuted from a neighboring state but would have qualified for food stamps if I worked for the same salary in the other state I was living in.

I wouldn't recommend working the exact job I held but would encourage an open mind if applying for a higher-tier role. Also keep in mind you would likely work directly with personalities typically drawn to a military/para-military profession, it's not for everyone.
Pros
Usually 40 hour work week; good health insurance
Cons
Mistreated by clients; clients abused political advantages; very low salary
Productive workplace
Motor Transport Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCApril 17, 2018
For this area this is a good place to work stressful at time but once you get the hang of what needs to be done its very straight forward. Good crew to work with lots of good morale to help the work day go by smooth everyone looks out for each other. Older crew is very knowledgeable and willing to go out the way to assist younger crew.
Pros
Good crew to work with
Cons
longer lunch
I really enjoyed working there.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2018
I did not want to leave, my co workers were awesome and friendly, I got along with the manager I was always on time, I enjoyed securing the area. Their lives were safe with me.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
dealing with bad customers
Job was good , but no pay increases.
Physical Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 24, 2018
Small contract, the culture of the personnel was positive. No chance to be promoted and no pay increases were available. Miss the co-workers. Working with the Marines was a lot of fun. Met a lot of really good people throughout the years. Government personnel in the back office were at times difficult to work with.
Pros
The co-workers.
Cons
No advancement, no pay increases.
Great Company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2018
It is a very good company, that put its personnel first. In the 9 years I have been with the company it has been a great experiences. The benefit package is one of the best in the industry.
Pros
Company Benefits
Poor management and terrible coworkers (MCPA)
Technical Instructor (Current Employee) –  MCAS Miramar, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Very little accountability here. Employees are given so much freedom that they are literally getting paid to apply to other jobs, do school work, complete errands and personal appointments, etc. The juvenile culture here between instructors instead of handling problems/ arguments/ disagreements like men is laughable. The management is either uninterested in mediating disputes or incapable and therefore just tells two employees to "deal with it" in a room alone with one another. The training director of the academy is rude, poorly educated (but he will brag about his "teaching degree"), and has a lot of trouble with showing respect to his employees. Overall, this place is nothing more than a stepping stone to anything MUCH better. A means to an end.
Pros
Nights, weekends, and holidays off
Cons
Terrible work culture
Productive Workplace
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 22, 2018
Learned a lot about emergency procedures and non emergency procedures. The hardest part was getting used to the hours change be it day, mid day, night, or late nights.
Pros
Government Access
Cons
Lack of job advancement
Wonderful Team
Proposal Director (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 18, 2018
I worked with a congenial group in the Alexandria office that worked very well together. I especially enjoyed my boss and the CEO of the company, who made coming to work fun.
No growth...
Admin Clerk (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 9, 2018
No raise, no promotion, etc.. probably a good place to work for those who are married and have double (or triple) income, seeking to work at a laidback environment, not expecting much from the company, but definitely not for people who wants to grow and bump up their resume or willing to do more because the company will not acknowledge their hardwork. Pretty frustrating..
Pros
Awesome colleagues
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homeland Security Solutions, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.