Homeless Alliance

Working at Homeless Alliance: 10 Reviews

United States10 reviews

Inclusive, supportive, and flexible workplace

Employees really care about each other but also respect each others' boundaries and understand that we have lives outside of work. We are encouraged to use our paid time off and practice self-care. We are trusted to get our jobs done and not micro-managed. Some roles do have set hours, but many positions are flexible and accommodating. The Homeless Alliance values diversity and is LGBTQ2S+ affirming.

Pros

Free health insurance, great dental & vision benefits, friendly & helpful coworkers, important mission

Cons

Helping people in crisis is difficult work (but so rewarding), you have to keep up with frequent change - especially with government grants, it's hard to do any long-term planning

Client centered culture and fun work place

Working at Homeless Alliance is fast paced and rewarding. The culture is the best part of the job, and how people treat each other. They all genuinely care about each other's well being.

Homeless Alliance insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great Staff/Culture

Pros/Cons•More SOPs in place would be nice. •Good place, great people, but NOT ENOUGH Staff!!!•Sometimes stressful, but worth the efforts. •Amazing support system in place for Clients and Staff!!•Effective outreach programs and several A-maxing smiling faces, Advocates and Community based partners🤙

Pros

Above

Cons

Above

Rewarding work, supportive people, awesome benefits. Poor pay and not much room for advancements.

Love my team and agency’s mission. The work is very rewarding and the benefits are great. The biggest issues at Homeless Alliance is that the pay is very low and there is not that many opportunities for advancements/incentives for LMSW/LCSW’s to stay.

Pros

Generous PTO, supportive colleagues, strong commitment to social work values/ethics and client centered care.

Cons

lack of organization, lack of structured training, poor pay that doesn’t not reflect the amount/type of work expected of employees

Excellent place to work

Very rewarding place to work. Not only do you have a great environment to work in and wonderful people to work with you are contributing to the betterment of the community. I am extremely proud to have worked at The Homeless Alliance and of the work they do.

the most enjoyable part of job

I volunteered with this company for a community service project. I enjoyed helping others and giving back to my community. not an employee of this company

Excellent place to work

Homeless Alliance is an excellent place to work for. It provides critical social services to at-risk populations. They value their employees work and personal life balance and the environment is very supportive.

The mission of and fulfillment of that mission by the employees at every level is outstanding. They work with both private entities as well as government to provide funding for their mission. The services to the Homeless community are needed and appreciated.

Pros

Awesome, awesome place to work

Cons

No Healthcare, not full-time

enjoyed going there everyday

I enjoyed being a part of team who helped those who needed it. Dedicated people. Others can help by donating goods, furniture, purchasing magazines from the homeless with green vest on, to help them learn good practice of working. I enjoyed going to Homeless Alliance everyday.

Pros

lunches

If you like helping others this is the place to be.

I enjoyed working with the clients and staff at Homeless Alliance.I was working here under the senior citizens employment program.My title was data entry agent. I enjoyed working with the mentally challenge and homeless. helping them with programs that provided housing, food, education, medical services, clothes and more. The hardest part of this position was working with slow computers. New computers are needed.

Pros

helping others

Cons

working with old computers

Common questions about Homeless Alliance

Answered by current and former employees at Homeless Alliance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homeless Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Homeless Alliance Reviews by Location

Learn about Homeless Alliance in popular locations

• Homeless Alliance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?