HomeServe USA Employee Reviews

Good for experience. Would not stay
Seasonal Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJuly 4, 2018
This is not the best thing you could put in your resume but its still better than nothing. Summer part-time was not hard to apply for. There is paid training. So that's a plus
great, fun work environment
Repair Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 28, 2018
Great, productive and fun work environment. I loved my co-workers. I loved my team lead, I loved my job. I got great experience and a chance to get experience with learning how to run multiple systems at once, while assisting our customers on the phone! Got a chance to learn SAS.
Pros
fun, inclusive work environment
Cons
distance
Great job.Very supportive leadership and management.
Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 20, 2018
Excellent teamwork.
Treated employees as if they were part of a family.
Team leaders,department managers,and the location director never closed their doors to any employee.
Pros
Frequent breakfasts, and lunches given to employees.Arranged team member get togethers outside of working hours.
Decent place to work
Homeserve USA-customer service (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 20, 2018
As long as you fit in with everyone then you will get moved up. If you don't then its a pretty hard place to work. What is sad is customers are the heart of what they do. Unless its for the employees. Then its whats right for who ever is benefiting from that exact moment. You can bend rules for management but no one else. 2 sided if you get to that point.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Upper management does what they wanna do regardless to rules.
Fun Work Place Enviroment
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 14, 2018
HomeServe is a fun place to work with interaction between all levels of management. A typical day would result in scanning calls for the company as well as one on one meetings with agents and management on how to improve not only the company but the quality of customer service between our agents needs and customer needs. The hardest part of the job would be drawing a line between work place friendships made and having to provide an agent with a low score based on the call pulled to score which could potentially result in a loss of a monthly bonus. This is part of the balance and not making in personal but doing what is best for the business which ultimately is job security. My favorite part of the job would be seeing the hard work done when one of my agent receives a quality score knowing they have been working on improvement...when you help turn frowns upside down is rewarding in itself.
Pros
Company activities
Cons
seeing someone work hard and still not live up to the expectations
Service Technician
lead technician/installer (Current Employee) –  Findlay vincinityApril 30, 2018
This job is a 1099, I'm a contractor working for their customers with plumbing, heating and cooling problems. I receive jobs when they come available which averages out to about $20,000 a year in claims including materials. Home Serve is rated number one right now, so they are a great company to work for.
Pros
They pay by credit card within 72 hrs.
Cons
There may be weeks before you hear from Home Serve
over worked.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 25, 2018
I learned how to work with diverse people and clients. Due to the work load I learned how to manage my time wisely. Call center enviroment with business analytics background.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everthing
great pay but no place for exchanging information or growth
Parts Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAApril 17, 2018
poorly managed and stressful environment, bad workplace culture. Very hard to seek information from co workers, it's like pulling teeth, my way or the highway kind of environment as if my manager didn't have a manager...
Very educational
Service Technician (HVAC Apprentice) (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NY and Queens, NYApril 6, 2018
The educational and hands on experience is by yourself, but at the same time collaborative and supportive. There's a little bit of help from some season techs. And, you earned as much as you are able to work.
good place to work
CSR (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 28, 2018
friendly employees all the way up to management, free food all the time, less stressful than most CST jobs, opportunity for advancement if desired, great bonus opportunities
Pros
free food, great management
Cons
short lunches, mandatory OT
Great place to grow
Csr Rep (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 28, 2018
Working for HomeServe USA was really fulfilling. Had great people to come to work to be around, very energetic environment, with also a great variety of people. Management was very helpful to help agents grow in the company.
Great job, just not for me - Would recommend
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 16, 2018
HomeServe USA provided me a lot of new skills. It has a 7-8 month hiring process for temps, which I wasn't aware of. They give you many chances to prove yourself and get better. The culture is collaborative and there's a lot of laughter, rewards, and schedule flexibility. Also, company-wide breakfasts and lunches. The supervisors etc. serve employees. Though, they close their glass doors, which makes the hierarchical distinction clear.

Typical day at work: I arrived at 7:00 am, sometimes earlier, and stayed for a reasonable time. Overtime, sometimes, is mandatory, but rarely. It's available if needed. There's an openish-floor layout, with short dividers between desks. I learned accounting processes and fixed many money-related issues. Being a temp, the pay was lower than it should be, but after you get hired, the pay will be raised :).

Most enjoyable part: Receiving messages of gratitude from agents etc. when I solved an accounting issue, even if it happened to be an easy fix, lol. Felt great. There's a lot of accounting-related work, which can get behind.

Hardest part of the job: Being around the people. While they were hilarious, there were too many. Also, the lights were bright. It was overwhelming. The work wasn't very difficult, after the steep learning curve. The environment was extremely difficult. It was very loud. Other positions, e.g. accounting, were seated near the call centers. There were people, everywhere. Couldn't turn around without nearly swapping a body part with someone else. The company is moving to a new building, but, in the old building, it was
  more... crowded, loud, bright, and stressful. For me.

Back to being positive: I did learn a lot. My manager, and colleagues, were very competent and kind.

The new building will have tons of cool stuff if you're interested :)

I would highly recommend this job. Bring a positive attitude, thirst for learning, strong work ethic, and some earbuds.

* Be friendlier than I was. The people are nice.

Good luck!
Pros
flexible schedule, lots of work, free lunches, competent colleagues, positive supervisors
Cons
crowded, bright, loud, cold, long hiring process
Nice job
Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 12, 2018
Nice people great training. I got to go to a paid training program which enabled me to get my property and casualty license. That lead me to give my life and health license as well. The working enviorment is upbeat but the job demands hard customer satisfaction work.
able to learn while gaining confidence
Contract Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYFebruary 11, 2018
didn't have to see the managers all that often which allows for personal growth and confidence to grow. Also learned in the in shop classes but also learned much more with the on the field training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 9, 2018
Great job it was a great experience working there i advise anyone to apply the job definitely felt lile home. They would like you to be open and very personal with them and the customers as well
The systems were outdated and no one was ever on the same page.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 8, 2018
The systems were outdated and no one was ever on the same page. Throwing away money on silly “congratulatory” favors. Lack of Senior management’s awareness on smaller picture. No departmental interaction.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lots of cliques / no one knows what other departments do
Wouldn't Recommend.
Contract apprentice (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 20, 2018
I Thank homeserve for giving me training in the heating side of HVAC, outside of that they were very unforgiving as far as hours and the management style was more lackadaisical than anything. Very unforgiving, in one circumstance they tried to require me to work instead of allowing me to attend a religious function.
Pros
A lot of Overtime.
Cons
Not very flexible with your schedule.
They'll say a lot...
Inbound Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 1, 2018
The company will tell you a lot to get you in the door. They will push their incentives and bonus structures which they will not let you find out are unattainable until after hiring. Their benefits offerings are a joke and their pay is not on par with any other competitor or similar job in the surrounding area.
Fast paced but fun company cutlture.
Operations/Project Manager (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 27, 2017
The company is growing quickly, creating lots of opportunity for employees to grow. Strong team-oriented culture. The company does an excellent job of recognizing employee efforts and rewarding good work. A fun place to work.
Pros
fun, fast paced
Cons
n/a
Work experience
Repair Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 14, 2017
Call center environment, 24/7 operation. Very simple atmosphere, expected to meet numerical goals. Shift work, expected to know the product extremely well.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeServe USA. Our community is ready to answer.