HomeServices Lending Employee Reviews

Productive, fast paced, great people to work with
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNFebruary 1, 2019
Working for HSL I've learned a lot about the business as well as myself. The company has the best intentions, not always choosing the most efficient path to achieve them. Many of the departments are underqualified for day to day tasks at hand. It seems as though a lot of employees learn as they go most likely due to lack of training. My co-workers have been great, I consider everyone in my department a friend.
Pros
Great, friendly work environment. Co-workers are great
Cons
Sales management
Management Misconduct
Initial Disclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJanuary 29, 2019
There is lack of professionalism in this department. This manager discusses confidential information about her team members to other people and managers in the company and yet somehow manage to stay in with the company for over 15 years. she doesn't have any discretion pertaining to private matters. Pretty much you can't have a conversation with another team member without her or her favorite people listening in on you. Everyone and their mom apparently works there so you can count on being last in line for anything or to expect growth with this dept/company. She has an employee who's mom (who's a loan processor) is friends with this manager that flat out told me when I started that "she's never going to fire him. if I stay good with him then I'm are good with her" ( Well, that didn't happen, because I kept my relationship w/ my co workers who she didn't get along with) she would make remarks out loud at her desk about her team and never takes ownership she would just throw whoever touched the file under the bus to save herself. She has been reported to HR a couple of times by other employees and it seems as though they just brush it under the rug and make her work from home to let the "heat die down". she creates a hostile work environment for sure! If you decide to go into this dept stay on her good side or she will bring you down and micromanage you to the cord.
Pros
Black Friday and Christmas Eve paid time off
Cons
everything else!
No support from Management
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 22, 2018
My manager never showed up when he said he was coming. Missed all company meetings. Never answered my texts or emails. There was absoultely 0 support the entire time I was there.
Overall great company to work for
Remote FHA Level 2 Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNOctober 25, 2017
The companies business just slowed down due to the season and they were forced to do some layoffs and unfortunately I was one of them. I was the most recent hire.
Fun workplace, great workflow
Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 15, 2017
Great place to work but some management was biased in decision making. The pay was excellent. the work was steady, never too inundated or bored. A lot of meetings that seemed overbearing
HomeServices Lending
Mortgage Processor (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMay 26, 2017
Great Company overall with lots of potential to be amazing. Opportunity is not fairly distributed based on merit and hard work. Management changes are needed
They are ok
Funder (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 18, 2017
Was told I would have room for quick advancement but it's been 1.5 years and nothing so far. Management is decent, workers either care or don't. Overall decent.
Manager
Assistant Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 21, 2017
• Train and develop team members to enhance and build their relationship with our customers, clients, sales force, and internal business partners.
• Manage daily direction of activities, ensure that documents are processed and conditions are satisfied to ensure files are final approved, ensure that calls/emails are proactively handled, and ensure loan quality is superior.
• Maximize loan quality and compliance results through one-on-one coaching and effective team communication.
• Proactively explore operational process to optimize productivity/service while maintaining appropriate internal controls.
• Empower and motivate team members to succeed in current in their role while preparing them for future roles.
Ok place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 9, 2016
Regular mortgage industry stuff you work when business is up and get laid off when business slows down. This one lasted 11 years I thought it would last but it didn't
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
laid off
Enjoyed working At this Company
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALOctober 31, 2015
This company operated under HomeServices Lending but was a Wells Fargo Company. Was left alone and able to work by myself judged from over all production.
Pros
Great folks to work long hours with in business
Cons
The industry
Loan Doc Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 16, 2014
I loved my sales team and I will miss them a great deal. Learned and received my certification for a VA specialist closer as well as certified subject matter expert for Trust documents
Truthfulness
LDS (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 23, 2014
Process mortgage loans, I did not learn what I expected in order to advance my career other than that some employees do not like to do their jobs. Management; some are okay, some are micro managers, and some use favoritism, they like to hire a lot of relatives, friends, family and spouses so it is almost impossible to get advanced here. They do not stand up for some of their employees, while other employees don't have to be responsible for doing their job correctly. Most of the co-workers were great and the hardest part was dealing with some harassment from a co-worker which led to my layoff. Nothing was enjoyable because after accepting the position I found out a lot of truths I was not told in regards to my benefits, and seniority
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling and great income potential
Cons
Not being Truthful on all the details of the posiiton
Friendly environment, interacting with different personalities a plus
Home Mortgage Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 24, 2014
I enjoyed my time at HomeServices Lending. I learned a great deal about home mortgages.

What I liked most was the interaction with clients and co-workers.
Productive and fun place to work
Loan Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNMarch 5, 2014
Great work environment. Enjoy working with fellow employees. Team manager and Lending Managers are helpful and friendly.
Busy but flexible company
Processor (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 15, 2014
Lots of files to review for documentation, obtaining documentation from loan officers to clear underwriter conditions. Review of appraisals and title work.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
work depends on the housing market
Balance worklife
LDS (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 18, 2013
HSL provides a fun environment that allows you to have a balance between life and work.
Pros
Free Parking, fun team events, company pays out to employes when sales does well
Cons
Work flow is depended on loan rates and contracts coming in