HomeStar Remodeling

HomeStar Remodeling Employee Reviews

United States69 reviews

ownermoneyamazinggrowthivesalelonglife

Fun place to work out. Love company outings

Typically, once a month the office gets together to have fun. There is generally a lot of room to move up in the company. You may eventually be the leader.

Fun work place that promotes hard work

I really wasn't expecting to like working here so much. At first I was skeptical of the entry level sales position, but I have gained so many valuable skills and friends that I will be able to use anywhere --In and out of work. The culture is by far the best I've ever experienced. The growth and compensation structure really reflects the hard work you put in and stepping on other's toes won't get you anywhere, so the teamwork and supportive culture is inevitable. I love it.

Pros

Culture, growth, compensation

Cons

rejection

HomeStar Remodeling insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment

HomeStar is a great company to work for

HomeStar is a great company. The owners really care about everyones individual growth as well as the growth of the company. The company is very family oriented and everyone supports each other!

I don't know where to begin. Best job I ever had. It would take millions of dollars to get me to leave. I couldn't be more grateful.

The positive atmosphere! This company is alive, not dry and mechanical. Great people who really care about each other and most importantly our goals that we work together to achieve as a company/ family.

Pros

Better than average pay for the job I do, clear goals, recognition, support.

Cons

Hard to say. Sometimes the job is tough, but never because of anything involving the company.

Excellent place to work, if you have a work ethic

I have been people come and go in my 6 years with the company. I can tell you this place is a great place to work. Its not a place you can show up and collect a paycheck. We work hard, we are constantly adapting and processes get better and will take good ideas from anyone. I show up everyday with the intention of working hard and management takes notices the people that go above and beyond. I can tell you I am paid very well, my work life balance is solid, and malmanagement listens!! Everyone I work with are great people and I have no plans on going anywhere anytime soon!

Pros

Hours, pay, paid time off, management, promotions, bonuses, and the people

Cons

Growing pains. Still a growing company

Positive work environment

I've worked with this company for about 6-7 months now. This has been by far the most positive work environment I've ever been at. My favorite part about this job are definitely my coworkers. The sales, marketing, and scheduling managers are top of the line and really care about their employees on an exceptional level.

Pros

Positive work environment

Great Place to work

I run appointments selling windows, roofing, siding, and entry doors. It's pretty laid back. The culture is amazing because everyone is rooting for each other and wants to see each other succeed.

Pros

Culture, great job

Cons

Need better ping pong players. A lot of driving

Fast paced with reasonable work ethics

I currently work for Homestar and Ive read the reviews of some of them and was shocked to see the hostility. This company is a good company but I will admit its a mind over matter type of job you have to have the right mindset and a strong character and work ethic. Just like any job you will have your lax days and your extremely busy days as long as you can have the perfect balance between these two you will be fine. I am a Scheduling Coordinator and I also wok with Operations and was given the title of Logistics Supports. Promotions are always there and up for grabs as long as you are ready for it and work hard. I schedule appointments with homeowners. I also help out the company by getting any tasks done that everyone is to busy to get done because us being a smaller company we are still growing but I can see myself going here and staying for a long time.

Pros

30 minutes and 2 15s for 9 hour shift, no overtime so hours always adjust accoringly, family oriented, good envirnment

Cons

communication, pay structure

Productive and funny work place

The environment is fun and devoted to hard work. You’re able to enjoy life and yet work hard when it is needed. It’s up to you how much you work. Management is loved by all employees. They work hard to help every employee find success and money.

Pros

Gas paid

Cons

Short breaks

Lots of growth opportunities

I’ve been with HomeStar about a year and a half and have grown tremendously within the company and as a person. I’m always given the tools and guides/mentors needed to succeed.

Pros

Culture, money, growth, always there you need someone for anything

Cons

No work life balance, long days

Work hard and get paid

I've worked for this company for over 4 years. The owners are great guys that reward hard work. I started out in an entry level position and I now oversee two departments. You have way more opportunities for raises than you would at a big company. Everyone is really nice and wants you to succeed.

Fun place to work with lots of opportunities to advance!

I love coming to work every day, it is such a great atmosphere with great people! There are always opportunities to grow and the owners make sure we have the tools we need to succeed in whatever we are doing.

Keep up the growth

A lot of companies talk about growth and upward mobility, but at HomeStar it's a reality. The company has more employees than when before the Coronavirus struck almost a year ago. The growth of the company makes it so employees are promoted into management on a regular basis. There are emails that go out almost every month about someone getting promoted or recognizing people for great work.There are performance reviews within your first 6 months. Expect increases in pay and bonuses as long as you are reliable, have a good attitude and are achieving your goals.

Pros

Great pay for great performance. Upward mobility is realistically achievable.

Cons

Need more employees promoted into management so the company can open additional locations.

Terrible.

Worst choice I ever made. Literally took away my paychecks and only payed commissions for the marketing role. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE SERIOUSLY. Seems like the only people making appropriate money are people in higher roles.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, over used neighborhoods, bad management.

The best place I’ve ever worked!

I have nothing but great things to say about Home Star, great coworkers, amazing managers, and just an all around great environment! Everyone is extremely friendly

Pros

Just a great environment

Cons

None at all

Best job I’ve ever had

I love working here. I’ve never worked in such a supportive, and culture. The owners definitely care about their people and love to hear their ideas and see their success. I’ve learned and grown so much here and I’m excited to continue my growing career here.

Pros

Growth, culture, great management

Cons

Rejection can be hard if you aren’t used to it

Great place

Great people to work for. The managers are understanding of most situations. If you need time off for any reason they will grant it. There are Many opportunities to advance. One you do well, you can keep advancing.

Pros

Managers are great and understanding

Cons

Hours

Great environment to work in!

Interviewed for marketing, recruiting, and administrative assistant positions. Learned about all three during shadowing process. all around great company and great people to work for

Pros

great benefits, flexible PTO

Cons

short breaks

Wonderful place to work!

HomeStar is one of the BEST companies to work for. They truly care for their employees and want to see everyone grow and succeed. The workplace is fun and also very rewarding. Even the HARD work is enjoyable. The work culture is awesome and fellow employees make it such a healthy work environment. Would definitely recommend this company as a place of employment!

Pros

Great culture

Take care

HomeStar has a ton of integrity. They have always taken great care of me and have done right by all of my coworkers. I am a part of an organization that donates money to help those in recovery from addiction, HomeStar donated without a second thought. Recently, I was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma, HomeStarr- with compassion understanding and concern held my job for me and also Gave me work I could do from home in the meantime. Even more recently I came back, and was welcomed with a room full of applause and a cake. Bottom line is- if you wanna make great money learn a ton and grow as a person you should work here!

Pros

Coffee awesome break room unlimited potential

Cons

Stop it

Fun work environment with many advancement opportunities

Homestar Remodeling is a fantastic company to work for. The 3 owners of the company are still very involved in the tasks it takes to run the company. Everyone is willing to help and attack work as a team. You need a strong work ethic and you will be successful here.

Pros

money

Cons

hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeStar Remodeling. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare HomeStar Remodeling with

• HomeStar Remodeling
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?