Homestead Health Care Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 14, 2019
I would work there again. They have great benefits as well as great pay. Some clients they send you to are a bit much. Overall it's a great company to work for and as I stated I would work for them again.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lots of thinking time
Not the worst job i have ever had
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 8, 2019
Problems:
1.) job is not as advertised. Much more non caregiving responsibilities. Not a whole lot of actual caregiving.
2.) health insurance is outrageous. It is over half your pay every month.
3.) a lot of responsibility for one person/ pay doesn’t line up to all that is required of you.
4.) residents allowed to treat staff terribly.
5.) lots of hardwork goes unnoticed, tend to only hear the things you’re doing wrong instead of right.
6.) moving in residents that we were not equipped to handle and expecting staff to figure it out.

Good things:
1.) friendly management
2.) laid back when things are slow
3.) small staff
4.) employee appreciation
Fast paced, you have to be quick on your feet.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 17, 2019
I loved working at Homestead. Getting to know all the residents was a rewarding experience. Must be quick on your feet!! Lost a lot of weight working here, lol.
Pros
Rewarding experience
Cons
Not much room for advancement
i enjoy working at homestead i enjoy the clients
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northville, MIDecember 1, 2018
I love working at homestead.I enjoy the clients It is a very comfortable work environment. Clean & friendly facility,drama free i can get my job done in peace
A company worth working for
Regional Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Northville, MIAugust 8, 2018
Homestead allowed me to have a healthy home/work balance and gave me the time I need to be a mother and progress in my career. I was able to maintain autonomy in my schedule, advance in my career and still be the mother I always anticipated myself being.
it was exciting
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 5, 2018
I like working with older people. I like communicating with them and helping them do things that they can't do for themselves. I also like helping to get them dressed and getting to know some of the things they like doing to make the day go by a little faster.
Pros
make on schedule
Cons
had to bet others to a shift
bullied
Nursing assistant/ Direct Care provider (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 8, 2018
its full of drama and favortism, if you're not on the list your basically bullied.
often bullied with no HR to assist or listen or even care...bullied
Disappointing
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westland, MINovember 25, 2017
Would not recommend them to Care for my parents. Management is under qualified and hires anyone with no proper training. Residents are treated like a number, not cared for as a human being.
Pros
No Pros
very private
Assist clients (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
This was a job where i drove around and took care of my clients needs. The hardest part of the job is the distance. For one client, i had to drive over 30 miles everyday to see them and homeinstead wanted me to pay for gas from my pocket.
fun customer care
STNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHApril 9, 2016
you deal with about everything and anything this job set my job drive to help others and get great satisfaction from others with great team work.
Pros
customer care
Cons
n/a
My day at Homestead
Caregiver Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 9, 2016
have to figure out what care your during your shift. start by doing safety checks on your residents. my shift is normally afternoon so i dd not start taking my residents down to dinner Intel 4:30 pm dinner is not served Intel 6:00. while the residents are eating you can check on the residents that eat or did not come down for dinner. after dinner some residents like to get toiled and some like to go to bed. the ones that like to go to bed get them dress for put them in bed as they would like. do your normally rounds and safety check and document the residents day in the communication log. make sure you let supervisor. manger know if residents has any change of behaviors.
Productive and fun work place with diverse residents and employees.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 17, 2014
I enjoy working with long-term residents. CNA duties, the assistant is responsible to assist the professional staff by performing various resident care activities and related nonprofessional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the residents. Responsible for the delivery of resident care (baths, personal grooming, feeding) as directed by the DON, RN, or LPN. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. The main goal of quality care in a personal manner with total regard for individual human dignity.
Friendly Place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIOctober 24, 2013
Its Not the best place to work. but , it was ok.
I had an alright time working there despite there lack of team work and laziness.
Nursing home
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJuly 23, 2013
The job itself was straight but the employee and the Staff is terrible people to work for they don't care for their worker they only care about the money.
House Keeping Fully Enjoyed
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 30, 2013
Dust, straighten, and completely clean each room as if I was cleaning for a family member. Make sure all supplies are full and the room is left in a neat and tidy order for the day ensuring all aspects are done correctly before proceding to the next room.
Dust all furniture and fixtures in each room. Clean the restroom walls, shower/tube, and toliet leaving no spots or dirt anywhere. If patients are in there rooms be sure to be respectful of there privacy and any special cleaning that may need to be done.
Pros
patients and there family members were always number one.
Cons
kept busy and not enough time to really get to know the patients personally.