HomeStreet Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Could be great
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Grove, ORJune 8, 2018
The company pays decent and has great benefits but seriously lacks communication, training, focus and has lost sight of core values and their mission.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Lacking proper staffing, support and communication
Great benefits for a bank
Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2018
Great team atmosphere and very relaxed quotas that are easily attainable to reach. Customers are given free water, coffee, and snacks which improves the customer experience more than any other bank I know.
Pros
15 min breaks
Cons
Little room for upward mobility
fun but boring work
Data Entry Clerk (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMay 30, 2018
i enjoyed the people but the work was boring and over drawn. the days felt like years every day at work. its an amazing job just not for the fast paced ambitious worker.
Poor management. Played favorites and very bias.
Federal way (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMay 28, 2018
If you're not the favorite, performance was constantly scrutinized and made up errors. Poor training availability and if you're collegues that are favored made mistakes it was swept under the rug. If you're not the favorite, watch out- they will make up things to bring you down. I am so happy I don't work there anymore, it took a lot of burden and stress since I stop working there and now I am in so much better place.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Layoffs and no security
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 10, 2018
Lots of layoffs and no job security. Training was not intensive; maybe a good place to start your mortgage career, but not a long term option.........
Avoid until upper management changes.
IT Department (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 14, 2018
Homestreet was a good place to work until recently. Upper management is criminally negligent and is looking to wring as much money as they can out of the company as it crumbles.

Massive structured layoffs recently. Most of the people released from service in the last layoff were the DO'ers. Middle management, who knew what was going on, were laid off. There was no transfer of knowledge. This has left Homestreet in a hard spot as many critical projects lost all of those with knowledge of the project.

In addition Homestreet is under attack by shareholders who feel they are being defrauded by the company.
Pros
Decent benefits, The rank and file people are beyond amazing.
Cons
Too many to list
ok
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 9, 2018
I enjoyed working at homestreet bank and the people I worked with. Homestreet aquired Orange County Business Bank where I worked for 9 yrs. I miss some of the people I worked with.
Closing manager
Loan Funder III (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2018
Closing manager runs team horribly and has no knowledge to be in the position in. She thrives on bringing Drama in the office and is not concerned about production
Poor Management
ECOA Reg B Specialist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 5, 2018
Very favored work environment, poor communication, lack in consistency. Casual dress code was nice and there were times that there was flexibility in scheduling and hours you could work.
LOAN PROCESSOR III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2018
Wonderful team above and beyond expectations always open for conversations and concerns
No complaints to address
Always available when needed and easy to talk to
I am only doing this because it is required
Closing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMarch 22, 2018
I would like to tell you about my day because it is required so i come in and read my emails and have meetings and do a bunch of urgent things and i come in the next day and do it again
Stressfull Work Place
Reconveyance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMarch 15, 2018
They pile work loads on you without any additional help. They do not have the best training when they hire into new positions. They do pay well, but it does not make the work/home life balance any better.
CLIENT SALES SPECIALIST INVESTMENT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 14, 2018
I worked in the Investment department. The management for my department was amazing, but not for the retail banking branches. I am lucky to have been in the department I was.
Pros
Flexible schedule and able to work remotely
Cons
The drive to downtown Seattle
Hostile environment
Banker (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMarch 11, 2018
Not a professional environment very hostile Power Trip always walking on eggshells no communication backstabbing from upper management all the way to assistant management horrible so gossipy and no support if you like that kind of environment then it may be a good fit but it definitely was not for me
What my task was at home street
Operations Assistant/ Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Luis obispo caMarch 11, 2018
A typical day at work would be reviewing loans and following up with borrower. I would contact borrowers to see what documents we need to proceed with loan. Would also keep borrowers up to date on how their loan was going.
Good Place to Work
Disclosure Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMarch 9, 2018
The operations centers offer a good work life balance with flexible scheduling and the understanding that life happens. They strive to help the company work for you while you work for the company!
Be Your Own Boss
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Great place to work for a seasoned loan officer who would prefer the back office support that only HomeStreet can provide. There is always a team to support you. You work for yourself but never by yourself.
Pros
Fantastic back office support system
Cons
Commissioned
Solid Company
Anon (Current Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 23, 2018
Good company to work for. Supportive. Progressive environment for a bank. I recommend working here. Great benefts. Visit their website for additional details.
Pros
Nimble
Cons
Leadership vision and messaging can be vague.
Professional Enviroment
Processor III/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 22, 2018
This is one of the best places to work. You'll learn and have support.

The culture is amazing and everyone helps each other deal with the high stress and short deadlines.

I recommended this company to anyone who likes a Zen culture and wants to improve there mortgage skills.

If business is slow you will get dismissed! This is the only down downside.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Lack of business
Mortrgage Loan Officer
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 16, 2018
this is a great pace to work and has an amazing culture. Everyone wants to get things done and everyone is in a good mood. I unfortunately could not make it there as a loan officer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeStreet Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight