HomeStreet Bank Employee Reviews

Respectful management
Review Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 8, 2018
I worked remotely for 5 years and enjoyed the management style and respect given to myself. The review appraiser position was an accurate fit for my skill set.
Pros
comfortable work environment
Cons
market dictates the work load.
company is always growing
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Harbor City, CAOctober 9, 2018
there are plenty of opportunity to learn, California locations are a little hard to grow within the company. they don't hire within. A typical day at work is recurring. Hardest part is keeping up with goals. They have good benefits but their health insurance rate keep going up every year
Pros
great training
Cons
its very difficultt to grow with the compnay
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 15, 2018
Good work environment. Productive and fun workplace. Opportunity to grow with the company. Management is very effective and provide a very good workplace culture.
Pros
Good Environment to work
Cons
Good Benefits
Good work environment
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 8, 2018
I was a mortgage loan officer and processed conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, and non conforming residential housing loans. I worked closely with client's and their qualification towards receiving preapproval for refinances and purchases.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay scale
Avoid until upper management changes.
IT Department (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 14, 2018
Homestreet was a good place to work until recently. Upper management is criminally negligent and is looking to wring as much money as they can out of the company as it crumbles.

Massive structured layoffs recently. Most of the people released from service in the last layoff were the DO'ers. Middle management, who knew what was going on, were laid off. There was no transfer of knowledge. This has left Homestreet in a hard spot as many critical projects lost all of those with knowledge of the project.

In addition Homestreet is under attack by shareholders who feel they are being defrauded by the company.
Pros
Decent benefits, The rank and file people are beyond amazing.
Cons
Too many to list
excellent place to work
Powerful negotiator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 2, 2018
great place to work, friendly staff, family like atmosphere, great managers,

low salary, no work family balance, lots of overtime. ''

good place for experience
Poor management. Played favorites and very bias.
Federal way (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMay 28, 2018
If you're not the favorite, performance was constantly scrutinized and made up errors. Poor training availability and if you're collegues that are favored made mistakes it was swept under the rug. If you're not the favorite, watch out- they will make up things to bring you down. I am so happy I don't work there anymore, it took a lot of burden and stress since I stop working there and now I am in so much better place.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Could be great
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Grove, ORJune 8, 2018
The company pays decent and has great benefits but seriously lacks communication, training, focus and has lost sight of core values and their mission.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Lacking proper staffing, support and communication
Fast pace, rapidly growing bank
First Vice President, Corporate Real Estate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 14, 2018
This bank is almost 100 years old. Family-owned for many decades, then taken public with a successful IPO. New management came in, and the bank culture changed substantially. Rapid growth across the west coast requiring new locations be acquired and opened at a very aggressive pace.. Employee loyalty and value no longer respected, many hard working employees let go in a reduction in force. I did accomplish astounding growth for the bank, and delivered outstanding new locations at a break neck speed.
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
No respect for employees
Felt like home
REAL ESTATE PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 13, 2018
Homestreet was a great company to work for. Management was very flexible and understanding. Management would allow me to work remotely at times when i needed to stay closer to home. Management also helped with finding a team to work with that would relocate me even closer to home. My day at work would consist of daily checks, update files in LOS to have most current status of files, communicate with LO's and borrower to gather any additional documents that might be needed to fund loan in a timely manner. We went through a few managers in a short period of time but mangers were very pleasant and enjoyable to work with. The best part of working with this company is that everyone was always friendly and it felt more like family than co workers.
Pros
allowed me to work from home when needed
Straight Forward
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WANovember 13, 2017
Overall, this was one of the best jobs I have ever had. There's a good sense of teamwork where everyone bounces issues off each other to gain consensus when needed. The managers expect a lot, but they do seem to care about work/life balance. If you work diligently, there are bonuses and OT when business is hopping. Benefits are as good as most out there. They hire very well. I can hardly think of anywhere where I enjoyed my co-workers as I did at HomeStreet.
Pros
Good benefits, good training, management is competent
Cons
Pay could be a little better
Great company if it wasn't a bank
Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 5, 2018
Homestreet was a great place to work at with a great culture. The only downside was the over abundance of banking regulations that you don't usually run into with an independent mortgage company. There was too much disorganization in the corporate structure, including management and compliance.
Pros
Great Culture and independence, lots of perks
Cons
Disorganized, failure to grasp compliance
ok place to work. you can meet some nice people. banks are a good place for benefits.
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 22, 2017
Homestreet is an average mortgage environment. They take care of the loan officers first and foremost. Everyone else is disposable. They work you to death and expect it. There are a lot of nice people who work there. (I liked quite a few) There are a lot of awful people who work there too (this I think was reflective of being overworked for some and just being mean for others). The work atmosphere is typical. No team work for a lot of the staff. As mortgage companies to work for - if you need a job - TAKE IT. I think there are a lot worse places you could work. See what you think. I am one person (although, I know people who left that felt the same way). Remember, there is drama in every job. Keep your head down and to yourself. Good luck. I hope your experience will be excellent. The help desks are excellent as well as the pricing desk. All kind and patient staffing. Loved them all.
Pros
good benefits. IT and Help staff are excellent - none better.
Cons
pay is average to below average, training is the worst., You are thrown into the process without really any training on the systems and process.
great company to work for
Renovation Loan Specialist / Loan Processor III (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 4, 2018
Management and co-workers are wonderful at helping out when needed. Company gives as much support as needed to exceed in your job, by providing the necessary tools.
Productive and enjoyable workplace with plenty of variety.
Payoff/Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2017
Preparing payoff quotes to payoff construction loans as requests come in each day and posting loan payoffs as well as any interest payments on a daily basis. Listing each payoff and interest payment on Excel spreadsheets are just some of the things I did each day. Also updated the system to reflect documents that have been received to keep the information current. Management was always accessible to talk to or take concerns to as needed. The workplace culture was quite friendly and coworkers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was making sure that the payoff figures I provided to escrow/title companies were accurate and timely so that when funds were received there was sufficient to payoff the loan.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people on the phones no matter what the call was about.
Pros
Great benefits, pay and coworkers
Cons
Work could be very stressful depending on the circumstances.
Loan Officer Assitant (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAOctober 24, 2018
Very involved in the community. Unfortunately they grew too fast.
Started out close knit but got too big too fast.
Local and had great upper management.
Pros
Community Involvment
review
Retail Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 4, 2018
great company , however management was no supportive and didn't provide assistance when needed in a timely manner . Worked great with sales, UW statff and funding department
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
lack of leadership
wrong people in regional operations management
Mortgage Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 15, 2018
Once branch management was gone, then and only then did regional management become involved and take away the enjoyment of working for HomeStreet Bank.
Pros
fairly good pay
Cons
management out of touch with the day to day operations
Rewarding environment
SR COLLATERAL RISK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2018
The management reinfornced our value to the company. The people in the appriasal department are focused on provideing quality service and value to the company.
Flexable work hours, great team enviornment
Loan Processor III (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 3, 2018
This company displayed great leadership and the ability to cross train other departments. Management was effective and proactive in resolving customer satisfaction.
Pros
Ability to work from home and triaining
Cons
Not any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeStreet Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight