HomeTeam Pest Defense Employee Reviews

Good enviroment
Route manager/Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 8, 2018
A typical day at home begins about 7am, the managers are always on time to make sure your needs and wants are covered before you go out. I've learnt that team work is very important to achieve goals, the culture there is good, the hardest part of the job is the scheduling but the most enjoyable part is the freedom to manage your own Route.
Pros
work hours are flexable
Cons
pay don't match work lord
Steady Job
pest control technician (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLNovember 26, 2018
Looking for a job with security? You'll never kill all the bugs. They give you uniforms, vehicle, and the product you need. Just need to go do the job.
Fun to work great coworkers
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2018
This company has a bad management group the sales office I work in did not treat all employees the same discriminate against character and is not fair to all
Pros
N/a
Do not work here. High turn over.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2018
I would not recommend this place to anyone I care about. It’s a door knocking job. When you’re not door knocking, you’re calling people. Management wants you to call the same people repeatedly every 2 days. Training is terrible/absent. Rules are constantly changing. Routes are unfairly assigned.
Pros
Sunday’s off.
Cons
Poor management and unrealistic commission goals. It’ a glorified door knocking job.
Alright
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAOctober 18, 2018
The job is ok for the pay. The only reason I stayed so long was because of my manager. Once he left the company ran me to the ground and it was not worth the money or the benefits. Corporate is difficult to work for. Upper management made the different departments hate each other.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, management.
customer service review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2018
In regards to customer service, there is only so far you can grow with the company. The pay rate as well only goes to a certain level and will not go up even if you have been with the company for many years. There is a large turn around rate due to this. The job does well for entry level.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
frequently understaffed
corporate job
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 24, 2018
If you are in sales, make sure you get the good leads and are not just calling new home owners, otherwise you wont make money. Technicians get paid well.
fun and motivating
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 23, 2018
They are a great place to work for with many ways to climb the ladder. Everyone was great! They encouraged you to go as far as you want, they provided more education and classes within the company.
Great company.
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 22, 2018
HomeTeam Pest Defense was a great company to work for while I was employed there. The work and pay were production based, so I had some control over my income, which is always nice. The schedule did become a little overbearing, having to work extra Saturdays without much notice at times.
Not what it used to be
Technician (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Difficult place to work. Rules constantly changing. They do not value their employees and do not care about them. It is a very difficult place to work and the culture is about money making not caring for employees or promoting their advancement. They run their technicians ragged and then don't give them any management back up when they need it.
Great place to work for
Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLSeptember 8, 2018
Love helping the homes with better knowledge on pest and protection. Customer get a better understanding of the termite pressure in Florida and the different type of pest when we go over the information with the customer
Very this is how it is!
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 1, 2018
I was with Hometeam for 20 years, there were ups and downs. There benefits were OK but were very expensive for the employee. I believe in customer service but i also believe in employee service and they do not do everything for the employee that they profess. I was with the company 20 years asked for a transfer and was told no. I seen others ask and they got the transfer. Anyway if you do go to work for hometeam just watch how you are treated.
Pros
Cons
Meetings
Work place culture
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLAugust 26, 2018
Great place to work, room for advancement especially if you want to relocate. Work place culture is fast pace. I have learned how to move up in the company and how manage other employees.
Time demanding
Construction Technician (Former Employee) –  Longwood,FlAugust 14, 2018
If you're a single person hometeam pest defense is probably a great place to work for you. Going to work early in the morning and not getting home till late in the evening never having time for your family except for on Sunday
Review
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 2, 2018
This company has amazing benefits, however management can be unfair. This can be a very difficult job, if you aren't self motivated. HomeTeam does provide amazing perks, but can be very stressful.
Benefits
Cons
Challenging and Overwhelming at times
Great Place To Work
Warranty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 26, 2018
I really enjoyed my time there. The work environment at the office was great. Out in the field, I was by myself, worked my own schedule pretty much.
The job was not for me.
Warranty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 23, 2018
Very Productive but sometimes slow. There was a lot of pressure to make sales on a daily basis. Management was constantly hanging over your should. The job just was not for me.
Great place to work with plenty of opportunity and additional training available.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2018
I started with HomeTeam back in 2011 and have had a great ride. If you show up and do your job right, there are lots of opportunities for additional training. they have 6 month-Master classes for all departments. I was able to cross train in 2 of them. If you have a good idea, the managers listen and for the most part can get them implemented. Now that I have been here for 7 years, I have been able to move into a manager role and receive additional management training. I always received a monthly review which came into play when getting my annual review and annual raise. From day one starting as a tech and now as a manger, I have found everyone, all the way up to the corp. office to be very involved, helpful and encouraging. After 7 years, I now get 3 weeks f paid vacation in addition to 11 paid holidays. My 401K is doing great as you can invest as much of it as you want in the companies stock. The company stock has more than doubled since I started and pays dividends as well. You can also buy company stock separately from the 401K with no fees which has been great! I have had $25 a paycheck taken out since I started and already have over $10K just in that account alone. As for the benefits, we do have to pay some money to be covered but you can choose what you want. I have a large family so I went with the medical, dental, eye care, and life insurance. So far, everything has worked out pretty good but you do have to pay. Recently, they started offering an HSA account to all employees which allows you to save tax free money to use towards medical expenses of any kind which has  more... been very helpful. I have a child in braces and I go to the chiropractor and it all gets paid with tax free investing using the HSA account. As for the hours, yes, we work hard, (8-10 hrs a day) but we are well compensated. Basically, if you do a good job, you have less retreats and good customer reviews which makes your job easier and earns you more money. Everything is very straight forward and there are no surprises. I plan on being here for a long time and see a bright future at HomeTeam.  less
Pros
Great training, Great vacation package & time off, Great investment options with 401K and stock purchasing, and uplifting team oriented environment.
Cons
Benefits do have a cost & Long hours in summer (to be expected)
need to pay employees better
Customer Service Represenative (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 19, 2018
All employees are under paid and work extremely hard, turnover rate at the branch i work for is worse than its ever been. A company that over promises and under delivers. Ideal job if you are just starting out into the office world and do not have many bills to pay. Ideal for someone fresh out of high school.
They do not reward success well.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 19, 2018
A proven performer with years of management skills ignored for promotion. After years of exceeding quotas I was not provided opportunity for advancement. They are very clickish.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeTeam Pest Defense. Our community is ready to answer.