HomeTeam Pest Defense Employee Reviews

need to pay employees better
Customer Service Represenative (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 19, 2018
All employees are under paid and work extremely hard, turnover rate at the branch i work for is worse than its ever been. A company that over promises and under delivers. Ideal job if you are just starting out into the office world and do not have many bills to pay. Ideal for someone fresh out of high school.
I like it
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 31, 2018
its was like i was married to the job sometimes. great management that really cared about employees, the pay was ok but the job entitled a lot of responsibilities. i felt i should have been payed more.
Not as described
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 27, 2018
Paid by job .. told at hire when you are done you go home. Not true. They expect you to go knock on doors for sales if you are done early with NO PAY.
Pros
Home pest control
Cons
Expected to work for free about 20% of time
Productive and interesting place to work with room for career advancement.
Warranty Consultant (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 25, 2018
Home team pest defense has improved my ability to work effectively with different people. Increased my knowledge and communication skills. Improved my computer skills.
Pros
Room for growth
Account Manager/ Warranty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 22, 2018
Enjoyed the work environment. Good manager. Room to advance. You learn a lot. They pay well. Company events were fun. Annual raises. Good location.
Pros
Managed well
Great work experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 6, 2018
Working for this company was great. Nothing to hard about the job. This job gave me office experience, sales experience, filing experience, scheduling experience. I also learned a lot about termites.
Great Job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 27, 2018
Very easy to make really good money for an entry level position. Company and managers are very accommodating of personal life, with a great work/life balance. Not challenging, opportunities are driven by a single manager only with zero room for lateral movement and very little room for direct promotion.

Culture is very stiff and does not encourage open communication across departments. Must follow the chain of command that moves very slowly or often not at all. Not open to new ideas, male-driven.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits, great work-life balance
Cons
Too simple, no growth and very closed
Beware!
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE! High turnover with techs and managers. I was asked to drive a company vehicle that wasn’t safe and when I voiced concerns over this I was told I had a bad attitude. Absolutely terrible communication throughout the company. Training process is all over the place and managers never know what they’ll have you doing from one day to the next. Techs didn’t have the equipment they needed to do the job properly. They will tell you that pest control experience is a plus but then managers will hold it against you because you have more experience than they do. There are better pest control companies out there if that is the type of work you’re looking for. Take my advice look elsewhere because Home Team Pest is a dead end job period!
Cons
Poor communication, bad management who lack leadership ability.
Good in general
Sales Rep/Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 8, 2018
Pretty good company to work for overall. Decent management at the upper levels, but you will almost never see or hear from them unless you are in local management. Physical, outdoor work with dangerous chemical.
Great career for someone in need
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoy going to work every morning. Money is also good. This career could potentially be life changing for the right individual. This job will allow you to provide for you family in the best way, if you work hard.
Pros
Company truck, Company phone, good pay
Cons
Some customers
Enjoyable Job
Warranty Consultant/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCFebruary 3, 2018
I was trained in pest control techniques. I continued my sales representative skills. The hardest part of the job was the times you were to work. We were expected to work until 7:00 at night and they refused to listen that people were at home with their families trying to get homework, supper and family time and did not want to talk to sales representative about anything. The most enjoyable part was meeting people and selling a product which is what I enjoy doing.
Co-workers are great, but management sucks
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78728February 2, 2018
Your paid commission, so when your boss walks in one day and decides he's going to cut your route in half, you can no longer afford to eat if you want to keep the lights on.
Pros
Take home truck
Cons
Literally everything else
good
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 4, 2018
Good company, good people, bad chemicals which should not be used on multiple areas it is placed. but all in all well balanced employees and workplace
Poor management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 4, 2018
I believe that management needs to come together from the different departments and communicate a more effective way to run this business. We have operated most of 2017 under staffed. This includes managers, sales reps, and technicians.
Pros
The work is not stressfull
Cons
Lack of direction from management team
Good job for someone who likes to work outdoors and willing to work in harsh weather.
Route Manager / Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 16, 2017
Good job for people who like working outdoors. Good benefits and insurance. Would recommend this job for people without families do to the long hours and working weekends.
Pest tech
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 27, 2017
Love this company and I would recommend it for everyone. You may work a lot sometimes but that is the bug business in the summer, you get benefits and a company truck.
Pros
Company truck and phone. Pay, vacation day benefits.
Cons
Long hours in the summer.
Decline
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 27, 2017
Decline to write a review. This company and its managemet are not worth the time. The best part of the company is the coworkers. Everyone gets along and helps each other out.
Typical day
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearneysville, WVNovember 17, 2017
Operator maintenance on vehicle (check lights, oil), drive to customers locations, inspect/service residences or commercial properties using sprays, baits or traps. return to shop and restock supplies, get next days production schedule.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Irregular hours, not compensated for sales, pay system.
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2017
Hometeam was a great place to work. The people who were my coworkers at the time were all great people to be around. The company had great benefits and management was fair.
Pros
Able to take vehicle home
Cons
Hot in the summer
Awesome company!
Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 5, 2017
great place to work. great benefits, fair compensation. Management is a work in progress. If you need a stable job in a competitive work environment. this is it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeTeam Pest Defense. Our community is ready to answer.