Hometown Bank Employee Reviews

Stressful
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYDecember 28, 2018
A very clique-y environment. Never backs up their employees. Always drama. The best part of the day is the occasional nice customer. Very stressful environment when you feel like the managers are always looking for a reason to call you out.
Pros
Sometimes people are nice
Cons
But usually not
Negative
Assistant Supervisor Teller (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TX 77551October 22, 2018
Very negative atmosphere.
Officers do not have your back.
Make up own rules depending on individual customers.
However, the Christmas party and bonus was always nice.
Pros
Great christmas bonus
Cons
Negative atmosphere
My position required making remote calls to existing and prospective customers.
Asst Vice Pres/Commercial Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, PAOctober 13, 2018
I finished out my full time employment career at Hometown Bank as a Commercial Loan Officer/Asst Vice President. I served in business development from three of their branch locations as well as remotely.
Loan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYMay 30, 2018
CEO and HR good to work with you. Community involved, family oriented. Promotes within. On site training provided. Opportunity for advancement. Great group on people
Productive and relaxed environment
Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAApril 17, 2018
Typical work day includes teller transactions, helping customers with accounts, and balancing the ATM and Coin.

The hardest part of the job would be dealing with rude customers and/or busy rushes.
it was ok for a while
Financial Specialist/Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 29, 2018
Early and late hours were hard because of family obligations. Not much different from any other bank. Nothing really stands out as being a good place to work.
Best Bank Around
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT/BANKING CENTER MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Carthage, MOFebruary 19, 2018
Company prides itself on customer service and exceptional care is given to internal and external customers. A great community-oriented place to work.
Pros
Great environment.
Cons
Competition.
Productive and enjoyable
Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJanuary 15, 2018
A typical day as a retail specialist is performing teller transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, payments, and issuing cashiers checks.

I learned a lot about the details of working in a bank and explored other jobs within the bank to expand my knowledge.

The hardest part of the job would be when a teller is out of balance. You must figure out how/why you are out and fix it.

The most enjoyable are the customers. HomeTown Bank has so many great/loyal and friendly customers. Establishing a relationship with each person was definitely my favorite part of the job.
Pros
Paid time off, benefits, and great work environment
Cons
Manager was not knowledgeable or supportive. Hours were very difficult.
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAAugust 24, 2017
Hours were 7-7 M-F and every other Saturday. Even though it was a rotating schedule it was hard to balance work/personal life. The hardest part of the job was not receiving proper training. I enjoyed working with customers.
Awesome
Office Assistant/ Teller (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHAugust 1, 2017
Small town banking at its finest. The whole office operates as a team and are some of the best people to work with. The customers are wonderful too. !!
Good people to work with.
Vice President, Agricultural Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOApril 6, 2017
Was only there for a year but except for the daffy loan manager (who moved on), it was a great place to work. Great people that were devoted to their customers. President is a great guy. They are climbing out of an unfortunate situation but this is the most sincere bank in the Joplin area.
Pros
People to work with.
Cons
Struggle to get the word out that they are better than the big guys.
Great people
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 9, 2016
HomeTown Bank was a great place to work at! Still moving and shaking the Greater Roanoke Valley area! Management is on point ad focuses on their customers and employees.
good job
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  oxford, massJuly 27, 2016
As an operations assistant my job was to pull daily reports and logs. The employees there were great. The most enjoyable part of the job was the willingness of help from everyone and flexibility that came with the job.
Hometown atmosphere with quality banking
New Accounts/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Junior management lacked professionalism. Each location has a Hometown community banking atmosphere with paying and receiving as well as lending functions on site.

The most difficult part of the job was offering quality service to each customer (without backup personnel) in a heavy traffic branch location on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the diversification of my duties ranging from assisting a lender, opening new accounts and providing customer service for all walk in traffic.
Pros
Annual Bonus
Cons
No relief for breaks and lunch hours
Teller
Loan Processor - Teller (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYOctober 26, 2015
I really liked working at this bank, worked part-time and enjoyed the co-workers and customers. Left to pursue a different job.
productive day with great coworkers and working environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAOctober 14, 2015
typical day: take deposits, make withdraws, loan payments, making sure the customer has what they need to complete their day to day banking needs.
hardest part of the job: keeping all of your customers happy with the service that you provide to them
A fun small place to work
Retail Specialist (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAOctober 13, 2015
HomeTown Bank is a fun place to work. Its small so you build relationships with co-workers and the people you serve everyday.
Community Bank with great personnel and wonderful sense of community
Assistant Branch Manager, Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 7, 2015
HomeTown bank is a great place to work, the coworkers there are some of the best that you will ever have. It is great to get in there and be able to learn and be encouraged to learn and grow as much as you can/want to through the different positions in the company. Management and supervisors are people that really care about the customer as a person and also about their employees. Everyone works hard and works hard to make sure that each branch has a wonderful environment for both customer and employee.
Pros
Great Environment, Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Credit Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 5, 2015
I loved going to work every day because of the great people I worked with. Management was not as proactive or involved as they should have been, but my direct supervisor was wonderful, and always tried to accommodate any personal needs I had. I worked in Credit Administration performing loan review on all loan types, so I learned quite a bit while working there. The only reason I left was because my husband had to relocate for his job.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Management needs to be more involved so they can properly manage the loan department.
Met wonderful people
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Wautoma wiDecember 27, 2013
Great place to meet people, wonderful staff, loved making peoples deams come true. Only left because I felt I was bettering myself at the time.
Pros
great customers and staff
Cons
telling people you could not help them