Hometown Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Cut throat
COLUMBUS (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 27, 2018
They quickly teach you and then turn you loose and ask un imaginable quota's of you. Expect you to just know how to do something and look down on you when you ask questions. They set you up for failure.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Poor management, Hr, Vp's, Leads
fast-paced and busy
MA/GXMO (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 4, 2018
Very busy Clime road location, great team to work with but poor management. Lots of opportunity to learn and develop MA skills, lots of variety in patient population.
Patients that made my job.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNFebruary 13, 2018
In the medical field you will always have job security. Sadly patients come in to see a provider more than once usually. I grew attached and even grew love for several patients. Caring for the patients is what made everyday of my job worth every minute.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
12 hour shifts
FIne Employer
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2018
Working for Hometown is a good experience and the people are treated very well. For a first job for someone it is great but the pay is too low for it to be a long term position.
Developing company competing in a difficult market with evolving management
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 10, 2018
Hometown Urgent Care is a fairly new company entering an industry that is very difficult to gain market share in. Management style and focus is very dynamic and is constantly learning how to execute differently based on on-going experiences. Organizational structure was still being figured out when I was there but the people I worked for directly were very accommodating and supportive while holding their employees to realistic expectations.
Loved the company I worked for.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHOctober 12, 2017
I loved my job and the people I worked for. I had a child with complications and had to stay home with her. I have nothing bad to say about the company or former employees.
It is what you make of it
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIOctober 8, 2017
I personally love the people I work with and they’re more like family than coworkers after spending so much time with them. When you’re willing to work with others, they do same for you. Consider the source on some the negative reviews. They were most likely fired or quit. But hometown tries to be there for its employees more than any other company I’ve worked for. And if you go to management with a concern or issue they always see it through. I’ve worked here for over a year and they’ve worked with me through personal issues that most places probably wouldn’t have. They genuinely care about the level of patient care and I respect that about this company.
Pros
Plenty of hours, room for growth, caring coworkers
Cons
Don’t always get a break, the schedule is different
Owner was rude. Loved drama. Needs to learn to control her temper. Needs to not yell at employees in front of patients.
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNSeptember 14, 2017
Very stressful. Not a good place to work at all. I've never been talked down to like I did there. Always was put down. Never told good job. They always focused on the negative.
Great company
Medical Assistant/Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 24, 2017
I have worked here for a while now and I love what I do I love my job, it keeps me on my toes! I love the group I work with and wouldn't change them for nothing!
Benefits
Cons
No breaks
Quick paced and friendly
Front End Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNAugust 20, 2017
Every day seemed like a whirlwind, and that doesn't necessarily mean it was bad, just very busy. We absolutely love our patients, and they come first.

Want to know more about Hometown Urgent Care?

Ask a question
Great team to work for!
MA/PCC (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHAugust 5, 2017
Milford location has a great team. Everyone works together to make sure jobs are done at a timely manner, helping each other out as much as possible. All team members are friendly and have a fun sense of humor which is great to have in a work place. Great place to work overall.
Pros
Flexable with PTO request, staff that is understanding to "life happens."
Cons
No breaks, unless pt flow is slow.
on one emergency at the clinic
Medical Assistant(RMA) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2017
there was an emergency at the clinic in the middle of a busy day with so many patient at the waiting room, a man with an infectious wound walk in with blood .
Awesome!
PCC/MA (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2017
Great company to work for! Every company has people who will bring the company down, but I love the people I work for and my managers are awesome! They listen to what you are saying instead of just blowing you off. I love the work schedule here and my work family!
Pros
Caring management and awesome co-workers!
Cons
no scheduled breaks
Wonderful Place To Work!
Provider (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 18, 2017
The most enjoyable aspects of my job are (in no particular order) my team, the flow of work and my lovely patients, the environment I work in, and not knowing who or what will come in through the doors.
Pros
Lovely Coworkers, Quick Pace, Wonderful Environment
Cons
Eat When You Can
Clean and enjoyable work environment
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DelawareJuly 18, 2017
I absolutely love working for Hometown Urgent Care. I would recommend this as a job to anyone. The management in Columbus is extremely impressive compared to other jobs. If they feel you are doing an awesome job, there is usually a reward such as lunch or coffee. Working with my coworkers is an enjoyable part of the day. We have an awesome team and support group. If there are questions there is always someone to answer it, such as another location or corporate. Some days can be more stressful than others when you have a good number of patients walk in, but what is nice is the next day is a NEW day and a NEW start.
Pros
working in a cohesive team, pay
Fun and Trusting Company to work for!
Regional Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2017
Love working with my team in Cincinnati!

Everyone at our corporate office is positive, friendly and responsive. Which - as a manager who has a clinical team to support (consisting of Providers, PCCs, MAs, and RTs) - having that kind of support makes a world of difference in the role of "manager"!

Favorite part of my job is engaging with my staff, encouraging them, empowering them, and effectively bringing change to the organization as we trial different programs, vendors, and services to the company.

It's nice having a position where I can be creative in what I do, to better benefit my staff, and our patients!
Worst place I have ever worked
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 26, 2017
There was no training and the office manager played favorites. He even watched workers play video games on their cell phones and talked about the characters they were. Instead of getting my training or work getting done, co-workers were either on their cell phones or computers.
Even Human Resources was a joke. This whole company is a joke.Best advice is DONT work for them !!!
Pros
Absolutely Nothing
Cons
High volume layed back place to work.
Workers' Compensation case management supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 8, 2017
Self managed very fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with patients and providers to provide the best experience possible.
Pros
No strict dress code.
Cons
Poor communication between upper managment and staff.
Challanging but fun work envirinment
RT/MA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 8, 2017
I liked my job very much and am grateful for everything I learned. Training employees properly is a huge problem. People cannot be expected to figure it out on the job without guidance. This is why things are done differently at each site.
Cons
disciplinary practices are skewed, unfair
Very Unprofessional
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 21, 2017
Hometown Urgent Care is one of the most unprofession al companies that I have ever worked for. Both management and co-workers are
deceitful and seem to have nothing better to do at work than to gossip about the other employees that worked for the company. If I wanted this kind of drama I would have stayed in grade school!!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hometown Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.