Homeward Bound Employee Reviews

Experience
Animal Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Manistee, MIMay 21, 2018
This a great job for experience with animals. Every day I clean up after the animals and make sure they are healthy. I like spending time with the animals the most. The hardest part of the job is bending in hard to reach places to clean up messes.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
No benefits
Always a fun environment, movie watching, chess playing is always fun.
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasFebruary 1, 2018
Learning to communicate well with clients of various addictions. Working collaboratively with staff members. Learned of psychiatric group processes and limit setting and behavior management.
Fun and very productive work environment
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 12, 2017
This position never felt like a job, but more like going to my second home while assisting individuals with daily cares and activities. Exciting working with my team as well.
Pros
Free meals, ability to meet new people
Cons
Never wanted to leave
Great Team
Crisis Intervention Counselor and Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NC 28801December 11, 2017
The management and BOD were kind and compassionate individuals, and combined made a great team. They are the gold standard for homeless services. In Asheville they are the hub for all services a homeless adult could need.
Pros
Very rewarding work, with a great team
Cons
Weekend work is required, and some late hours.
Incredible work that provides personal fulfillment
Donation Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 7, 2017
Working at Homeward Bound challenged me to become a better person while giving a sense of purpose. Went into the job thinking that the only outcome was helping others, but the homeless population and coworkers ultimately helped me more than I ever expected to be prepared for my career.
Ok
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, WINovember 14, 2017
Enjoyable working conditions. Scheduling was flexible and fair. Pay comparable to that of other home health care agencies in our area. Management easy to work with
What you learned
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 31, 2017
Did not work there for a long enough period of time to really judge. Enjoyed the people that I worked with, tough job that demands a lot out of someone.
A challenging place to work.
Assistant Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth MNOctober 23, 2017
They have a mandating policy that makes life very difficult. Their concern for their employees is very low. The wages make it difficult to tolerate the other concerns.
fun to work with clients
Driver/Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 23, 2017
I would work there again, had fun with clients and staff.
got to play games and do exercises with cients.
clients were fun to get to know and opened up on what happened
to them and what they're goals were as far as were they wanted to be in the future.
Pros
fun enviorment
Cons
no advancement
Excellent environment
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 14, 2017
Excellent environment for caring for individuals with developmental disabilities. Supportive staff and management team. Easy to maintain full time status.
Productive and a fun place
Current Position-Unit Clerk/Tech Duties (Current Employee) –  Dallas TxOctober 12, 2017
Helping Addicts get their lives and families back. Understanding what the disease of addiction is and the affects of it. Being able to help with Life Skills and not judging a person because of where they come, but understanding that there is HELP for anyone that is wanting a change to better their life.
Seeing the smiles on faces when they complete the Program this is when we know that Homeward is a plus for the Community.
Pros
Housing and the way the employees work with the clients
Cons
The building good be a lot better
Homeward Bound
STAFF SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Prairie du Chien, WISeptember 6, 2017
This was a great place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed my employers, my supervisors, my co-workers, my staff, and my clients.

Being able to help homebound individuals with experienced people to help them with their every day needs was a joy to me. And to be able to sit down and visit with them was another great joy.

My co-workers were amazing. We got along like a family and there was never a dull moment.
Pros
Co-workers and clients
Cons
Scheduling Staff
Worst place to work.... RUN
Direct Staff Services (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNAugust 13, 2017
Management of the place is horrible. HR isn't helpful and not resourceful for employees to go through. Supervisors favors employees that have been there the longest. Work environment is toxic, they will talk in front of your face in front of families and other coworkers. Not a professional environment. Only thing that was worth going to work for was for the clients.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Environment
Not a place to advance
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 22, 2017
Unless you are part of the in crowd then you won't go anywhere here
The director plays favorites and let's employees smoke pot on premises and allows other workers to drink on premises and still be employed with this company after starting numerous fights while drunk on premises
Then as director it is swept under the rug and forgotten because they are her friends
pretty laid back
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 14, 2017
good pace, pass meds, monitor stable outcome patients, take vital signs, look for any abnormalities...................................................
Productive work enviornment
On Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GoldenvalleyApril 5, 2017
Assist and provide individuals with special needs guidance with daily living skills. Track and administer daily medications. Monitor, record and manage physical and emotional behaviors. Budget house and resident money. Maintain a clean and safe environment.
Pros
incrediblre coworkers
Cons
supervisors and boss is all about the company and not workers
Easy work enviornment
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIMarch 7, 2017
If you don't mind working with special needs or old folks this is a job for you. They have a good work schedule and time off as requested. Good starting pay.
Productive and fun workplace with lots of new experiences for an LPN
LPN (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 8, 2016
I really enjoy working here as an LPN. I am surrounded by friendly coworkers and fun clients. I truly enjoy working here and I am just looking for more hours.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, competetive pay, small nurse-client ratio
Cons
Not enough hours
Nonprofit organization dedicated to helping homeless
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2016
My typical work day consisted of coordinating fundraising campaigns and donor stewardship events. I enjoyed the creativity my job allowed me as well as the mission of the organization.
A client centered work environment
Detox Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasAugust 24, 2016
Homeward Bound provides a necessary service to an under served demographic in the Dallas area with care and concern for the welfare of their clients