Homewatch CareGivers Employee Reviews

good company
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 19, 2018
I started out with this company and I thought it was a good company. It is a bit difficult to rate this company as I was the director of operations and pretty much managed myself.
Pros
a lot of freedom
Cons
Not good medical or dental benefits
Homewatch CareGivers
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 10, 2018
The people at Homewatch are welcoming and honest.
Overall, I have been satisfied with my employment with Homewatch and I am thrilled to have been given an advancement from Caregiver to human resources.
Homewatch is a great company to work for because you are not just another number, you are a person. The staff genuinely cares about you.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No benefits
good work place
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 9, 2018
homewatch has good working ethics and they make the employees feel welcome and safe and encourage communication with staff and each other. the hardest part is that the job description is seasonal.
Great management
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 28, 2018
The job itself is self explanatory you are a caregiver. You have to have a good heart and patience we deal with all different sorts of clients. The managers are good at providing you with the information required to do your job correctly. They are very supportive and offer many opportunities to advance.
Homewatch care
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 27, 2018
It was a great day. The client an I get along really good. I learned about what the clients likes/dislikes. What he eat and not. What he likes to do during the day. The management is fine. It subtotal and they don't discriminate. They accept everyone and nice too. There is no hard part of my job. Watch tv with him
Not much interaction with home office
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJune 21, 2018
I worked all over the metro. Some days going from North Kansas City to Prairie Village to cover shifts. Depending on the client, would depend on the day. The hardest part of the job was learning how to care for a client through the notes left in a binder. Also, if there was a regular care giver, there was rarely any notes.The best part was being a part of the clients lives and families and that due to my assistant, the clients were able to be in their homes.
Pros
Met many amazing people, every day had the possibility of being a new challenge
Cons
Not much interaction with home office, lack of communication
Fraud and Indecisive
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 14, 2018
This Employer will mislead you into a Full time position and really be Temporary (Fraud). They change her pay from Salary to hourly and back, due to a lost of a Client. If the pay isn't secure then neither is the position. The position was Full Time but reality, the Employer only needed someone Temporarily, until an Employee on Leave returned. The Owner immediately split my Fiance's job to her and another employee, leaving her with nothing.
Pros
Day Shift
Cons
Fraud/ Non-Communicative/ Misrepresentation/ Lack of Job Security
Making a difference
Executive/Healthcare Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 2, 2018
A good place to work if you like making a difference on people's lives. As far as Home Care companies go, this is by far the best out there. This should be your first option.
For-profit with non-profit heart
DSW (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 30, 2018
The Portland branch of this franchise is amazing to work for. The owners genuinely care about the staff and the clients! I was supported and acknowledged for my experience and work ethic. The owners go out of their way to try and make sure employees get the hours they need, even when clients can be flaky.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Clients can be inconsistent
Fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 29, 2018
Nice place to work and get her all employees the CEO very nice patience is very nice everybody get along with each other Nice and clean just a great place to work.
Pros
Great Meals
Cons
Good Health Care insurance
Its an okay place to work at. But there is alot they could improve on.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 29, 2018
Instead of throwing the employees all over the place, they should have more permanent shifts and offer more 8hr shifts for parents who need to be home with children after school.
Caring staff and flexible hours
CNA (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 27, 2018
Always caring about employees and clients. Great way to advance into a nursing career or work for lifetime if desired. Always learning learning new things to help improve job performance.
Pros
Gift cards and $50 raffle
Homewatch caregivers
caregiver (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 25, 2018
very busy and well paced..i learned how to put care ans excellence first....i learned that they need you just as much as u need them.. they give you bonuses forrr extra work and time
Pros
extra work
The job is great to obtain experience
HealthSouth Physical Therapy, School Internship (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 15, 2018
I have made some amazing relationships and my boss' are wonderful communicators. they do their best with working your schedule to best fit your needs.
Not a good place to work
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  BoiseMay 11, 2018
They took advantage of their employees and had no regard for time off. You had to be available 24/7 all the time. Management was easily angered and hard to deal with
Homewatch Caregivers
Companion Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMay 2, 2018
This position was not full time for me. I solely took this position so I can apply the skills I was learning in school regarding patient care. I absolutely loved working with my elderly clients and providing them the comfort and daily care they needed with their activities of daily living.
All about there clients
Office Assistant/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 30, 2018
It’s good to work here if your single. I am a family woman. It’s kinda hard balancing the office hours and manage my family. Especially when you have to be on call during the weekend with no extra pay.
I learned my management skills working at Homewatch CareGivers. Working in the homecare business keeps you humble and teaches you patients.
Administrative Assistant/CNA/Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 30, 2018
Working as a caregiver helps with diversity, patients and multitasking. Managing employees and clients to accomadate their needs in compliance with their care plan is also a good skill to possess.
Poor
Employee (Former Employee) –  El Paso County, TXApril 30, 2018
everything is poor at this job. The management. The workers. The dress code. The lack of understanding. The employees take advantage. They’re so unorganized
good people to work with.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2018
good people to work with and the staff has great customer services.
they need better benefits , and a better pay rate due to the cost of living being so high.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homewatch CareGivers. Our community is ready to answer.