Homewatch CareGivers Employee Reviews

Featured review
Homewatch CareGivers selected this as a representative review
kind and caring company
CNA (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AzFebruary 1, 2019
Great company Love how the caregiver manager and director of operations makes you feel. Every month the manager sends a thank you and positive email to all caregivers. They let us know that they are here for us
The schedulers are kind and thoughtful and try hard to give you the schedule you need
The owners are great too!
Pros
kind people
Cons
more hours
Good place to work overall
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMarch 16, 2019
I enjoyed my job.One or two office staff had some major issues tho.They either liked you or they didn't.You get called into the office for every little thing.Dont try to call out sick..U will get an attitude from them. The pay was reasonable.If they got rid of the meanstaff it would of been a great place..
Pros
The clients were awesome
Cons
mean office staff
No administrative support
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 13, 2019
I was placed with a client with whom I was not compatible, and after notifying staff of the issues, I was forced to work with said client beyond an acceptable period of time (three additional weeks). I left Homewatch at that point.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Lack of administrative support
The staffing is very professional and friendly
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHFebruary 27, 2019
They give you the opportunity to work with small children and seniors. Let you pick your schedule that works best for you and classes to gain new experience or certificate.
Always many open shifts
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 21, 2019
I would be typically working with people in their homes or a facility. I was responsible for providing patient care and ensuring the safety of the clients in their environment.
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 21, 2019
I took this job as a young mother to start off in the field of Health Care while I attended school. I ended up staying for 2 years because I was assigned to 1 family full-time. I became apart of the family and fell in love with my job. Unfortunately, I was not making enough money for ends meet and left to pursue other job opportunities.
Pros
No on site managers, operate on your own in the homes of the clients
Cons
Low pay, understaffed for sick days
Great Company
Owner & Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHFebruary 18, 2019
Easy to communicate with staff. Enjoy mobile app on phone that helps understand schedule, client plan of care, and available shifts. Online university and monthly newsletters for training.
Poor management
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2019
The management could be better, they tell the employee one thing and turn around and tell the client a different thing. As a caregiver I have learned to appreciate the time we have here in this world and the people around us. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping others. A typical day at work is basically being a companion to an elderly person. The hardest part of the job would be that it is very unstable work which could leave you out of work for long periods of time.
Pros
In-home care
Cons
No actual break
not a living wage
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 16, 2019
this job is not a bad one but should be used as a part time job because the wages are very low. $1 dollar over min. to be exact. after 3 years, i have gotten a 90 cent raise. Still not livable. clients can be your family members, and the workplace is at their home so that is good. you clock in by calling a number and entering a code that changes every minute or so.
work whenever
Personal Care Aide (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Hickory Hills, ILJanuary 30, 2019
This is a company that takes hours away from the employee...I needed to switch days and they took me off the schedule telling me I betrayed them.

No management skills what so ever. Very unprofessional. They argue with the clients. Not a good company at all!
Pros
wonderful clients
Cons
bad managers, very unprofessional
great job for students or any one who needs a flexible schedule.
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MI 49001January 26, 2019
a typical day at Homewatch includes looking at what client is available and what type of help is needed, hours vary from 2hrs-12 hour shifts. that is if you don't have a resident/s that you help on daily basis. In my case it took me a few weeks to find a "permanent" client.
when arriving at the home you call from landline and clock in and start helping client with whatever is needed. i worked 3-4 days and 12 hour shifts with the same residents through out the week so getting a routine of what was expected of me was easy. management was great, very professional, and understanding.
the hardest part of the job is its not so stable and hours vary from client to client. when i started most of the clients where only 2 hour limit so had to go to multiple homes through out the day to make ends meet. most enjoyable part of homewatch is being able to meet a complete stranger and watch them become family.
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
hours vary
Nothing to say about this employer
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 25, 2019
I would prefer to not share any information about this employer. I find Caregiving a tiring and exhausted job to perform. It's not for everyone. It takes a very strong individual to care for someone.
Pros
The opportunity to care for another indiviual.
Cons
Hard Work.
Productive and a wondeful place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 23, 2019
I love my job at Home Watch Care Givers due to the flexibility, hours, and the management values in the treatment to employees and clients. They will work with your schedule if you have another job and try to give you a good location for employment.
Pros
They always work with you and your avaliability for hours and conveincy of location.
Cons
Employees dont accumulate vacation time, sick time, or 401k's.
I wish I'd read the reviews first....
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  CTJanuary 20, 2019
FT 40 hrs cut in half, No promised bonuses, no personal days, no vacation time. Forget about med benefits. The left doesn't know what the right is doing. I wish I'd read the reviews first - I would never have wasted my time with this company. Everyone of my clients have complained.
Care about the Caregivers
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 8, 2019
4 days ago
I have worked with Mitch Abrams at The Home Care Spot Chicago North Shore for a number of years. He is extremely professional, knowledgeable and provides the best in-home care for seniors throughout the Chicago metro area, including the North Shore Suburbs. I have referred The Home Care Spot to several friends and family members and they have all been thrilled with the caregivers and quality care they have received.
Good clients and easy hours but no grow
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 28, 2018
During the time I work for Home watch caregivers I enjoyed working a one on one base with my client and learn what area or areas they need my assistance. I also enjoyed knowing that my clients would trust me in to there personal home to obtain my work and explain my concerns for there well being.
Pros
free food
Cons
no insurance
New experience every time. Clients are amazing and it's a very rewarding opportunity
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTDecember 27, 2018
I enjoy the clients and I enjoy helping others . Great staff to have . It has been a pleasure working with the company. But with the pay it's not enough to pay the bills and support 5 kids alone. However it's a great company to work for
Pros
Working with amazing clients and staff
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 24, 2018
Scheduler was very unorganized. Scheduler was not friendly and at times could be hateful and non-professional. Management consisted of family members-arogance and "know it all" attitudes.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
poor management
Good
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 7, 2018
I've been with them for 2 years. They work with your schedule. They are very accommodating. The client's are great too. They help you out when needed.
Never again
Caregiver & Companion (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTNovember 20, 2018
Just never again. Unprofessional, no work, minimum wage for higher paying wage work, disorganized. I wasn’t even aware of them terminating me until unemployment called. They don’t communicate with you or eachother
Great working environment
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  South Orange, NJNovember 19, 2018
Great place to work at. staffs and employees get along so well. Great working environment and nice clients. There is always jobs available if only you are willing to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homewatch CareGivers. Our community is ready to answer.