Homewatch CareGivers Employee Reviews

summary
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 13, 2018
It was a great place to grow and learn professionally. There's a lot of room to grow and opportunities are given in a good manner. People and managers have a good relationship.
the hardest part of the job was the client's attitude
data entry (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 7, 2018
Its hard to work for people that are negative. But the only way is to have a good attitude every day to have a better day even though clients do not want to have a a better day.
Pros
I got a job near by my home
Cons
the character of the clients is hard to handle some times
Good company connects to many opportunities to serve VC & SFV clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 30, 2018
Flexible work hours.
Good communication from Supervisory staff.
Opportunities for pay advancement.
Traveling to Thousand Oaks from Ventura for staff meetings without mileage/travel reimbursement seemed unfair.
Inability by agency to connect me with clients in my local area additionally unfair and frustrating.
Pros
Supervisors always available to provide assistance as needed.
Cons
Inability by agency to reimburse for necessary travel expenses unreasonalble.
Traveling and various types of clients.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDOctober 29, 2018
Transporting clients to and from appointments were the best part, most elderly people do not get out very often, it is fun for them. Companion care is also enjoyable.
Awesome supportive work environment
Field Care Manager (Former Employee) –  portland OregonOctober 26, 2018
It's an incredible place to work and grow. Management is terrific. Nursing staff is knowledgeable and fun. It's a team environment. Promotions and merit raises are available to anyone on staff that show great work ethic
Very good place to work
Homehealth Aide (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAOctober 24, 2018
Homewatch Caregivers provides a great opportunity to grow with the company. They offer online courses to help each home health aide gain more insight and information to complete job duties more efficiently.
Pros
Experience and training
Cons
does not require CPR/first Aid
A great company!
Personal Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 22, 2018
This company no longer exists in the Asheville area. I did enjoy my time with Homewatch Caregivers and had no complaints. The owners of the company were very professional and flexible with my situations as they arose.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Sometimes not enough jobs for me to work.
Was a very good job. They tey to make sure you keep work
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 20, 2018
Never had any problems. When you needed more clients they would make sure you did. When I went out for medical leave. They got coverage with no problem til I came back
Pros
Payed holiday
Cons
No coverage if u had to get off
fun and meaningful
home watchers caregiving (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 19, 2018
i loved working here everyday was something new and patients was so nice, managment was pretty good and well put together. would love to work here again
Offices parties and celebrations
Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 18, 2018
Homewatch Caregivers had a family feel to it,they would have special employees picnics and dinners also you could also bring your clients with family approval. Typical day at work wake up client assist with dressing/bathing. Cook breakfast medication reminders laundry,drive to doctors appointments grocery shopping. Cleaning house,changing linen. Assist with physical therapy exercises. Hardest part of job was recognicing she was going to need to go to assisted living facility. My most enjoyable part of my job was watching my client smile
Pros
Extra hours if you wanted them
Cons
Waiting for your relief to arrive
intership
Medical Administrative Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIOctober 9, 2018
answer the phone, clean file room, set up displays for job fair. call to check compaine pricing.drive to check on customers.check emails got the mail called manger when employees needed her.
Pros
great hours
Cons
only part time
ok job
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTOctober 2, 2018
This was a good job, working the office people is different some time to work with call after call to work with. will over work you if you let them work and work you.
It was ok
Home Health Provider (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Good job just management didnt respond timly or help with anything. If there was an issue it would take for ever to be addressed. No uniforms or id required.
Management was nice in the very beginning.
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 31, 2018
One day I called in sick and they demanded that I go into work sick. I said I was in no condition to work. After that sick day they stopped giving me jobs. So I ended up giving my two-week notice. The owner told me that she didn't want me to give a two-week notice and said if I still want to work there they would re-hire me anytime. I had really good clients with this company. Just not enough work.
Pros
Good clients.
Cons
Pay was not good.
willing to work with your schedule
STNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 26, 2018
Company was worth working for. However the company went out of business shortly after i left. Supervisor was very nice and polite, allowed me to meet potential clients whenever it was necessary. compensated for gas reimbursement when applicable.
My views on homewatch caregivers
Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) (Current Employee) –  Westmont, NJAugust 22, 2018
I traveled to clients everyday that I worked
Meetings were about once a quarter I like my clients and I like the owner and the office staff in the office most enjoyable part of the job is helping clients with the things they need help with and knowing they are happy staying in their residences
Pros
Clients..Owner...Office staff
Cons
No raises
you will love this place
SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2018
a very good company they are very organized and you will get lots of hours with the company the staff are very intune with the staff and the clients which make it run smoothly
Kind management but unorganized, low pay and no advancement
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 15, 2018
I worked for Homewatch for about five years. The office managers and very kind and flexible.The issue was that they were extremely unorganized. First off, they were completely unaware of the needs of their clients. They would create a care plan for each client and usually it would be inaccurate, not updated or vague.I had to spend a lot of personal time updating care plans because they didn't care to do it. Sometime, three of them would call me in a day asking me to fill the same shift because none of them would communicate who was calling who. I was a very valuable Caregiver because I was experienced and worked there full time and long-term, yet they only raised my pay 25 cents per year. Pay was extremely low. Lastly even though I was working there for numerous years, it was impossible to move up in the company. Again, the managers were kind and I stayed there a long time so it wasn't that bad at all, just little things about the company need improving.
Pros
flexible, kind managers
Cons
low pay, no advancement, disorganized management
great work place
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 11, 2018
its a great feeling helping people who need it, you care for them and help them out and have time to do your own things. you help the provider on their needs and the agency gives you a list on what the needs are exactly.
Need to increase wages
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2018
There was immediate placement upon hiring. My only complaint is in regards to an issue that occurred. Other than that, the company was pretty decent. Pay could’ve of been better. Definitely one of the lowest paying agencies out there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homewatch CareGivers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about