Homewatch CareGivers Employee Reviews

It was ok
Home Health Provider (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Good job just management didnt respond timly or help with anything. If there was an issue it would take for ever to be addressed. No uniforms or id required.
Management was nice in the very beginning.
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 31, 2018
One day I called in sick and they demanded that I go into work sick. I said I was in no condition to work. After that sick day they stopped giving me jobs. So I ended up giving my two-week notice. The owner told me that she didn't want me to give a two-week notice and said if I still want to work there they would re-hire me anytime. I had really good clients with this company. Just not enough work.
Pros
Good clients.
Cons
Pay was not good.
willing to work with your schedule
STNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 26, 2018
Company was worth working for. However the company went out of business shortly after i left. Supervisor was very nice and polite, allowed me to meet potential clients whenever it was necessary. compensated for gas reimbursement when applicable.
My views on homewatch caregivers
Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) (Current Employee) –  Westmont, NJAugust 22, 2018
I traveled to clients everyday that I worked
Meetings were about once a quarter I like my clients and I like the owner and the office staff in the office most enjoyable part of the job is helping clients with the things they need help with and knowing they are happy staying in their residences
Pros
Clients..Owner...Office staff
Cons
No raises
you will love this place
SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2018
a very good company they are very organized and you will get lots of hours with the company the staff are very intune with the staff and the clients which make it run smoothly
Kind management but unorganized, low pay and no advancement
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 15, 2018
I worked for Homewatch for about five years. The office managers and very kind and flexible.The issue was that they were extremely unorganized. First off, they were completely unaware of the needs of their clients. They would create a care plan for each client and usually it would be inaccurate, not updated or vague.I had to spend a lot of personal time updating care plans because they didn't care to do it. Sometime, three of them would call me in a day asking me to fill the same shift because none of them would communicate who was calling who. I was a very valuable Caregiver because I was experienced and worked there full time and long-term, yet they only raised my pay 25 cents per year. Pay was extremely low. Lastly even though I was working there for numerous years, it was impossible to move up in the company. Again, the managers were kind and I stayed there a long time so it wasn't that bad at all, just little things about the company need improving.
Pros
flexible, kind managers
Cons
low pay, no advancement, disorganized management
great work place
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 11, 2018
its a great feeling helping people who need it, you care for them and help them out and have time to do your own things. you help the provider on their needs and the agency gives you a list on what the needs are exactly.
Need to increase wages
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2018
There was immediate placement upon hiring. My only complaint is in regards to an issue that occurred. Other than that, the company was pretty decent. Pay could’ve of been better. Definitely one of the lowest paying agencies out there.
have a big table where staff in emplyer can sit and talk.
Home Health Aide/Sitter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 2, 2018
I think god for homewatchers care givers they are very considerate went that i was suppose to do but mentally i was not really and i call them an told them that i can not do the assignmen t and they under stood it come to there staff in things going on with them for instant my mother past just last month on ju[y1 2018 I had assignment already but I was not ready to go back to work and I call them and told them how I was feeling and they under stood.
Pros
they make sure you keep up with certifications
Cons
no healthcare and they do not want to pay you milages when you go to spome places
good company
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 19, 2018
I started out with this company and I thought it was a good company. It is a bit difficult to rate this company as I was the director of operations and pretty much managed myself.
Pros
a lot of freedom
Cons
Not good medical or dental benefits
Homewatch CareGivers
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 10, 2018
The people at Homewatch are welcoming and honest.
Overall, I have been satisfied with my employment with Homewatch and I am thrilled to have been given an advancement from Caregiver to human resources.
Homewatch is a great company to work for because you are not just another number, you are a person. The staff genuinely cares about you.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No benefits
good work place
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 9, 2018
homewatch has good working ethics and they make the employees feel welcome and safe and encourage communication with staff and each other. the hardest part is that the job description is seasonal.
Great management
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 28, 2018
The job itself is self explanatory you are a caregiver. You have to have a good heart and patience we deal with all different sorts of clients. The managers are good at providing you with the information required to do your job correctly. They are very supportive and offer many opportunities to advance.
Homewatch care
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 27, 2018
It was a great day. The client an I get along really good. I learned about what the clients likes/dislikes. What he eat and not. What he likes to do during the day. The management is fine. It subtotal and they don't discriminate. They accept everyone and nice too. There is no hard part of my job. Watch tv with him
Not much interaction with home office
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJune 21, 2018
I worked all over the metro. Some days going from North Kansas City to Prairie Village to cover shifts. Depending on the client, would depend on the day. The hardest part of the job was learning how to care for a client through the notes left in a binder. Also, if there was a regular care giver, there was rarely any notes.The best part was being a part of the clients lives and families and that due to my assistant, the clients were able to be in their homes.
Pros
Met many amazing people, every day had the possibility of being a new challenge
Cons
Not much interaction with home office, lack of communication
Fraud and Indecisive
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 14, 2018
This Employer will mislead you into a Full time position and really be Temporary (Fraud). They change her pay from Salary to hourly and back, due to a lost of a Client. If the pay isn't secure then neither is the position. The position was Full Time but reality, the Employer only needed someone Temporarily, until an Employee on Leave returned. The Owner immediately split my Fiance's job to her and another employee, leaving her with nothing.
Pros
Day Shift
Cons
Fraud/ Non-Communicative/ Misrepresentation/ Lack of Job Security
not a fun place to work
University Executive Park Drive Suite (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28216June 13, 2018
The job just wasn't what I wanted the pay was lower than I was used too had no medical coverage no sick days The people I took care of were very nice hated to leave but just not enough hours or pay the hardest part of this was you couldn't advance most of my time was spent driving from one place to another I spent more in gas than I made If you can get one person on a regular schedule you could find the ladies that give me my schedule were very nice I learned how to take care of a blind person and they were smart to help me to get information about housing
Pros
some time if it was a meeting
Cons
no breaks
Making a difference
Executive/Healthcare Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 2, 2018
A good place to work if you like making a difference on people's lives. As far as Home Care companies go, this is by far the best out there. This should be your first option.
For-profit with non-profit heart
DSW (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 30, 2018
The Portland branch of this franchise is amazing to work for. The owners genuinely care about the staff and the clients! I was supported and acknowledged for my experience and work ethic. The owners go out of their way to try and make sure employees get the hours they need, even when clients can be flaky.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Clients can be inconsistent
Fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 29, 2018
Nice place to work and get her all employees the CEO very nice patience is very nice everybody get along with each other Nice and clean just a great place to work.
Pros
Great Meals
Cons
Good Health Care insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homewatch CareGivers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about