Homewood Suites by Hilton Employee Reviews

A Great Intro to Extended Stay Hospitality
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 21, 2018
Owned and operated by Horst Realty the Homewood Suites Lancaster was a great learning experience that allowed me to utilize all of the managerial skills I had developed over the years.
Pros
Fun co-workers and guests
Cons
Poor communication
Fun and fair place to work
hskping kitchen (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 19, 2018
My experience as an employee was great. I enjoyed my job very much. The staff was fantastic. We were just expected to do our job to best of our ability . Sometimes could b a little stressful but due to demands of industry.
Hospitality Business
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2018
I learned a lot about the hospitality industry and found a love for chasing down a few pennies doing night audit. It was my first experience for both.
they are really fun staff
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 16, 2018
we joke with one another,we have fun.you have to be really fast. we help each other out. if you missed something in the room,the manager will radio you. everybody will know. the most enjoyable is when we work together as a team.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
you have to be really really fast
Nice place to work.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 15, 2018
Management changed three times in the two years that I worked there. The rooms are not kept well and the meeting rooms were often not set up as asked.
great place
Regional Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  ohio , indiana, michigan and south carolinaOctober 12, 2018
great [place to work , family like atmosphere I would normally start day off with meeting with my crew and any contractors and get day started . typical day was on average 10 hours or better.
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
long hours and never a day off usually, but goes with the territory
Fun and enjoyable work environment lots of friendly employees
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 9, 2018
Clock in, get your needed supplies and go stock your cart with your nessessities. Get your appointed paperwork that lets you know what rooms you'll be cleaning and proceed to your section of the hotel to begin your work. 30-35 minutes per room if its a check out. 15 minutes per room if its a stay over ( if the room is occupied). Hardest part is getting a routine down so that you get in and out the rooms in the amount of time your given.
Pros
every friday ther is a meeting where there is usually food and games
Cons
it is a fast paced kind of job. keeping a routine escpecially if room is trashed
great place
Housekeeping Supervisor, housekkeping and laundry (Current Employee) –  Newtown, PAOctober 9, 2018
is a friendly place and a great place for work beautifull place to stay in and spend time with family and nice things to be ocupaby the fitness area is nice and pool is great
great place to work very layed back
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  east sracuseOctober 8, 2018
i like my job. its very easy and layed back but i like fast paced and i need more money and hours and morning hours. i just do my job and go home but time passes to slow when theirs not much to do.
Its an ok job
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJOctober 7, 2018
Hours are early.people are nice close to home.workers are OK.must have a car you can watch for free. Very nice place to stay in.also pets are aloud. Clean and cater to the needs of client
My department manager is great and supportive, upper management poor
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 4, 2018
Upper Management is not appreciative and treats people poorly. They expect more than can be done by each person in the time frame given and standards expected.
loved it
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 2, 2018
I loved my job I learned a lot and enjoyed going to work. I workesd various hours. Just because you are hired for front desk you are required to perform all positions.
Pros
Hilton Honors
Cons
one band apple
Pleasant experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 26, 2018
I honestly really enjoyed coming to work at the Suites. There was always room to learn something new. I always had a thing for something as simple as providing a clean area to make someones day better. My co-workers, staff and guest are really delightful to be around. The atmosphere given there was highly appreciated and that is why I enjoyed my job as a Suite keeper.
Never
Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MISeptember 25, 2018
A job the gives so little but ask for so much in return.

Low wages, lack of good management and a unhappy stressful work environment.

Employees are miserable, regardless of department.
Over-worked so the company saves money
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis IN DowntownSeptember 25, 2018
This location is managed by a franchise company and could be a really great location to work for if it was ran by a different General Manager...
He is very selfish, heartless, and non understanding. Under his leadership you will regret accepting a offer for employment at this location. His ways of micromanaging is ridiculous... The insurance offered is unaffordable. There is always a high turnover and salary managers are due to work 10hrs a day. No need to reach out to the corporate office... All they care about is money not their employees concerns...
Trust me this is not a good location to work for...
Pros
Downtown location
Cons
GM is horrible, insurance is unaffordable
It’s confusing
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PASeptember 23, 2018
They expect great service at a fast pace. Laundry attendant is extremely rude and Unprofessional. No lunch breaks or breakfast breaks. Once you try to sit and eat their rushing you to finish rooms because they need to be filled . So your working 10 to 12 hours nearly because you have to finish 20 rooms or more and leave them spotless.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
No breaks literally just
Good place to work.
Night Auditor & Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALSeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed working there and the environment was friendly, welcoming and productive. Only draw back was lack of health benefits. Management was easy to work for the customers were generally friendly and accommodating.
Pros
Great Perks, good hours, easy tasks.
Cons
Health benefits and rate of pay.
Great Extended Stay Hotel
Front Desk Agent, Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA 92011September 18, 2018
It's great to be working closely with all departments. You get the opportunity to meet guests who are relocated to the hotel and become more acquainted like a close family member.
Pros
Free lunches, discounted hotel stays
Cons
Overbookings, low paid time off
Productive and fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PASeptember 17, 2018
Work with this company is the best I work for 5 month and I can’t say nothing wrong about that company the salary is competitive and the work area is clean
co-workers become like family
Breakfast Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 17, 2018
Enjoyed my time there but was never trained properly and therefor created a lot of problems.I was never doing what I was supposed to but didn't know I was supposed to be doing it until I would get in trouble for not doing it.
Pros
fun working enviroment
Cons
Upper management won't pay what you should be paid for the job you do.