Homewood Suites by Hilton Employee Reviews

Excellent Management and GM but Compensation was Poor
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCNovember 12, 2018
I absolutely loved working here. The GM was AMAZING and was such an inspiration to me in the time that I worked here. I had to leave because I got another employment offer that was way too good to turn down. After turning in my notice that I would be accepting a new employment opportunity, they offered me a promotion and a raise, but it still didn't come close to the offer at my new position so I sadly, had to leave.
Pros
Great management and GM
Cons
Poor Compensation and no benefits
Over-worked so the company saves money
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis IN DowntownSeptember 25, 2018
This location is managed by a franchise company and could be a really great location to work for if it was ran by a different General Manager...
He is very selfish, heartless, and non understanding. Under his leadership you will regret accepting a offer for employment at this location. His ways of micromanaging is ridiculous... The insurance offered is unaffordable. There is always a high turnover and salary managers are due to work 10hrs a day. No need to reach out to the corporate office... All they care about is money not their employees concerns...
Trust me this is not a good location to work for...
Pros
Downtown location
Cons
GM is horrible, insurance is unaffordable
Very fast paced, some back-stabbing
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYSeptember 14, 2018
I felt there was some back-staffing. There was a fast paced atmosphere except during the holiday period from November to February. If we left our name badge at home or didn't appear in regulation uniform for any reason we had to go home with no pay. We had to give at least two weeks notice for days off unless an extreme emergency.

It is a beautiful hotel with many amenities for the guests. A typical shift included guest reservations, guest check-in, guest check-out, answering the PBX, maintaining the cash drawer, helping out in the kitchen during the audit shift which became quite difficult with heavy lifting of huge coffee pots, pastry display,and dry cereal display dispensers. All employees had to help keep coolers and freezers and snacks filled in the Suite Shop, an area where guests can purchase snacks for themselves.
Cons
No breaks, no benefits
Great place to work, Wonderful GM and talented management.
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 2, 2018
Homewood suites by Hilton is a great hotel to work for, The management team is always helping team members, We have one of the best General Managers that I have personally worked for. Our Assistant General Manager is also one of the best. They truly care about their employees, Encoriging team members every morning. Great benefits and incentives. Hilton is such a great company to work for!
Pros
Amaging managment, great benefits, holiday parties for team members.
Amazing Opportunity for growth
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 29, 2018
If you are looking for a rewarding career in Hospitality Management, Hilton is the leading company to work for. They have amazing career advancement opportunities. The general manager is very supportive and strives to have his team advance. The office environment is one of work hard, but offers one that doesn't seem overbearing or too much to handle.
Pros
Benefits Package, Flexible Scheduling, Managment
Management Makes or Breaks it
Night Audit / Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 25, 2018
The General Manager when I was hired was amazing. Very willing to listen and work with employees, made for a better team oriented environment. The GM to replace her did not want to listen to employees, only wanted results. Only gave negative comments on performances and really dragged the team down. She was not the reason I left but was glad to hear from former team members that she was replaced.
Pros
Team member benifits including a reduced price for Hilton Hotels
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes wants big results with few staff members
Not the best
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 14, 2018
This hotel was nice in that it allowed me time to work on homework whilst on the job but the benefits didn't not out way the negatives. The place was not well stocked as far as furniture and other basic necessity a guest would need go. One guest didn't have HALF a doorknob somehow. Management was sorely lacking until it came down to their time and effort needing to be put into the day.
Pros
Benefits if full time
Cons
No scheduled breaks, often working busy shifts alone
guest service rep/ front office supervisor
Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston Historic District, SCJune 19, 2018
I only worked with this company for a brief period of time. New management was hired and everything went down hill afterwards. very high turn around on employees, low pay rate, inexperienced new hires left to fend for themselves. they just use you! Everyone is replaceable here! no integrity, respect, or empathy for employees. owners only care about the money being made they only come by property if money is an issue. no one takes the time to get to know who is working their property. ANY closed door conversation WILL be known outside of the office to everyone! Gossip is a HUGE problem. My work environment became uncomfortable, and hostile! NO health benefits, NO 401k plan, NO PTO, NO employee parking!
Pros
hour
Cons
gossip, unprofessional environment
It's still a good hotel, company
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CASeptember 14, 2018
Some managers get a five star while others less but that's the working world. This was a welcoming place but interactions can vary, widely. There was unsolicited touching that was made much more stressful when it was embarrassing to try to resolve. I can't understand why employees cross that line, it creates a hostile work environment.
Pros
Good training program and support, benefits after 60 days
Cons
Managers may be contrary to employee concerns
Productive and Hard Work
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston txAugust 14, 2018
This hotel is in opening mode. I do believe they open soon. It was hard and quick work to get the hotel together. Everyone was friendly and worked to the best of their ability to get things just the way Hilton Brand Standard wanted it to look. I learned a lot from the job. The management was friendly and hard working as the progress came closer to being done.
Pros
Cons
Benefits were not great
Good place to work.
Night Auditor & Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALSeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed working there and the environment was friendly, welcoming and productive. Only draw back was lack of health benefits. Management was easy to work for the customers were generally friendly and accommodating.
Pros
Great Perks, good hours, easy tasks.
Cons
Health benefits and rate of pay.
Worst environment to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 21, 2018
It was my first job in my life. When I'd started working at the beginning at Homewood Suites in Oakland, the management company and the managers were okay. After the new management company took over, the whole management system was screwed up. Benefits and 401k were cut down. The GM and AGM didn't know and didn't want to face to the guests. Always hiding in their office. Shame on them.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Poor benefits and no sick days
Started at Sales Coordinator ended as Night Auditor
Night Auditor/Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2018
I started as the Sales Coordinator to the Director of Sales. I also was given extra responsibilities such as Accounts Receivable with no extra compensation. I then moved to Night Audit and was given extra responsibilities as Accounts Payable with no consideration of compensation. I was also responsible for setting up part of the breakfast area in the AM
Pros
Hotel discounts Great Health insurance
Cons
not enough staff, High employee turnover
The company was okay
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 6, 2018
The company was fairly good. Room discounts for employees could be much better. Pay was okay,but raises were annual and low. The seemed Decent benefits though.Hilton does have extensive training available.
Beautiful property
Front Office Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20005October 31, 2018
This is a great way to interact with people both customers and management. Working as a front office agent, there will be a lot of standing and smiling so personality is most important.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lots of standing
Do not work here.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 20, 2018
The management here is awful, no benefits such as 401K, medical benefits, dental insurance, or eye insurance. Only benefits given here is PTO after a year of working and discounts for Hilton brand.

Management gossips about employees on a constant basis and favors with employees. Management tries to jip your pay and "forgets" to give you your holiday pay on paychecks. Company does not give yoou access to a paystub online to make sure your hours and pay match up. Communication here is horrible and advancement is not available. Overall I would not recommend this to anyone. My time at this place was not great. The management does not assist and fill in where needed whether it is front desk or kitchen.
Pros
Discounts with Hilton, rather flexible with schedules
Cons
Poor management, gossip about employees, no teamwork
Free Lunch, outings, gift cards
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2018
Good people, busy days all the time your day go fast, everyone works together.
Good benefits and bonus.
Recognition , promotions and tips!
Fun place to work!
Pros
Birthday parties celebration, free lunch
Cons
very very busy
Guest Services
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 14, 2018
A good opportunity to anyone seeking employment in the field of hospitality. Has decent benefits and opportunity to meet new people. Worked part-time while paying for school so they were flexible with my hours.
Productive and fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PASeptember 17, 2018
Work with this company is the best I work for 5 month and I can’t say nothing wrong about that company the salary is competitive and the work area is clean
Great people, fun, you get good experience
Engineering/ houseman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 12, 2018
I really like the environment, very nice people, lot of benefits, discounts, always you have your 40 hours per week, you got discounts for food at the restaurant.
Pros
Frees food sometime
Cons
Lot of benefits