HON COMPANY Employee Reviews

Productive environment but managment is iffy.
Credenza (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJuly 23, 2018
This is a great place to work. Always doing something and not standing around. Lots of options for jobs within the plant (Oak Steel)
People are very friendly. Expect to work less then 8 hours during slow period which can be throughout the year or work 10 hours and saturdays other parts of the year. The only major problem that I run into is favortism with any PTL inside Oak Steel. If you haven't been there 5 + years or you are not worthy of your PTL's time they will not cooperate with you. Some may not even talk to you and look at you. Information on each line is passed down through different employees due to seinority. If you're still new expect to be told important information that needs to be heard at the end of the line.If someone has a problem or concern or a sudden change in part requests paint color etc expect to be told by someone other than the person who has the concern. I would recomend any line inside this plant besides Credenza. Hours are all over and the PTL is worthless. Favortism at it's finest.
Pros
Pay, People, Work
Cons
Ptl, Favortisim
Great Place to Work
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GAJuly 21, 2018
Excellent Lean Culture
Collaborative Team Environment
Great Learning Environment
Enjoyable Work Place Culture
Very Dynamic Business Environment
Solid Logistics and Distribution Culture
Pros
Fun place to work, Great team culture
Cons
Lack of career growth
great
National Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJune 14, 2018
i worked at HON over 25 years ago. It was a great place to work then. Very supportive of members and fair with compensation. Very well run disciplined organization.
It was good
Assambler making chairs (Former Employee) –  United States,Cedartown Ga,June 10, 2018
i licked the pepole i worked with and the hardest part of the job was the job it self just a lot of boby problem i guess u would say the culture was ok i guess managment was ok i guess so was good very friendly some would not talk to u for nothing but i think that every where well i learned a lot if thing aboth the company that i did not no about making chairs and thing and a typical day is thing going pretty well job runnig pretty smooth having plenty to do and staying on the job
Pros
good ins
Cons
breaks not long enough very hot in the summer
Good place
Cell oporator (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJune 7, 2018
I like working there, just don’t think I’m paid enough to do the job I am supposed to do. Everyone is very nice and welcoming and overall I have made a lot of friends.
Pros
Work is easy
Cons
Less money
Hon company
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Southgate, CAApril 18, 2018
I worked for hon company 20 years, it was a nice and fair company to work for myself and other employees got along well and we worked well together. I would work for this company again had they not shut down back i 2007.
Pros
health care
Cons
closed down
Slow job advancement
Wet painter (electrostatic) (Current Employee) –  Cedartown, GAFebruary 27, 2018
HON company has great benefits but the pay could be improved. Advancement is slow and pay raises are slower. Seems most employees are unhappy with the job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low pay
Fast Paced with great Employees
MCW (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAFebruary 1, 2018
Great people to work with. Can be hectic at times but you get your scheduled breaks and slow down periods. Training was adequate to get you up and moving smoothly.
Overall great company to work for!
Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Recruitment CenterJanuary 25, 2018
Company aligns to my values! HON and Allsteel provide tremendous growth opportunities if you are willing to invest in yourself and put forth the effort. I am challenged daily which I enjoy. I come to work each day knowing that I have a stable career and work for a company with great vision and values and my leadership care about investing in me.
Pros
Work Culture, Career Stability and Advancement
Good management to work with
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GAJanuary 11, 2018
• Created Value Stream Maps to identify product flow, eliminate waste and add value
• Designed fixtures for improving product flow by incorporating conveyors, transfer carts, pneumatic lift tables, and adding spur lines to repair defects resulting in a 12% increase in production yields
• Lead strategic, cross functional Kaizen teams targeted toward increasing revenue, optimizing cycle time, reducing defect rates, and/or improving customer satisfaction
Pros
Company cook-outs
Cons
Wished this work had have been long term
load and unload boxes
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 7, 2017
we had a certain amount of time to load and unload packages from the truck and get them stacked in the warehouse. And, we had to do this over and over again.
Pros
we had a 15 min. break between trucks
Cons
major heavy lifting.
Fast pace , friendly workers
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Cedartown gaNovember 21, 2017
I am dependable . I am a hard worker that is honest and loves working with others. Also I make sure everything I do is to perfection and I never let anything stand in the way of me being successful
Pros
Free lunches every once in a while
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare
worst place to work!
Work Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GANovember 12, 2017
Was verbally abused while there, sexually harrassed & fired for no reason by the worst ptl up there! All around worst managed company I have ever seen.
This is an excellent company to work for.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GANovember 6, 2017
This is an excellent company to work for. The work was interesting and always changing. Metal as well as wood was processed. The goal of continuous improvement was always strived for.
Pros
Very nice people, concern for the community, help when needed
Cons
Dusty from the wood
Its what you make of it
Wet Painter (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAOctober 10, 2017
Working at Hon is what you make of it. You will either have a hard working dedicated attitude, or a don't give a care attitude towards the job. During the busy season it gets a little stre ssful due to the high volume of orders and needing to push out so much per day to keep up with the demand.Slow season is a little relax less stress. Some employees love over time some don't . For the most part I get along with everyone but mainly focus on doing my job and get paid and go home. Management is ok, environment your typical production plant setting.
Pros
401k, health care, profit sharing, raises
Cons
Wish pay rate was higher to match nearby production facility.
Very poor management. Unfair treatment to minorities.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAAugust 16, 2017
The management only cares about bettering their own image to their bosses. they will work you to the core and still treat you like very poorly. There is no respect. Unfair treatment to minorities. Even if there is absolutely no work load your managers an team leads will leave for the day and make you stay full 10 hours with no work to do. If you like being treated like a slave and dont want to spend time with your family this is a great job for you.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything but the pay.
Always trying to meer and get head of schedules.
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Cedartown, GAJune 22, 2017
As our orders grow the team work get better and better. Try to practuce good team work abd quality work on a dialy basis. Safety is the number 1 thing that is always practiced in the company.
Cons
Never know how man people are absent.
Great job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJune 14, 2017
It was a great job to work at... I would recommend anyone to work there to build a career. They gave me great benefits and time paid for holidays.. great work environment. Couldn't complain.
Builder/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAMay 19, 2017
Very productive place to work. Get extra pay for making better time in building and finishing chairs at a certain speed. Hardest part was just trying to keep up with goals sometimes to get the extra pay.
productive environment.
Work Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAMay 14, 2017
I was able to do many things with this company. I like to stay busy and they were able to keep me moving. there are many different stations to build at an di was able to make my work station how I liked it and how I thought it was most productive.
Pros
health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HON COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.