Honda
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Honda:

Honda Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA23 reviews
Opportunity to earn a lot of money
Too many hours of work.No time for family.High pressured work environment.Pure commission only,but loved and looking forward to go to work.Earned good money,but is a tough work.You will miss out on family time, but very competitive yet very great work environment. Trainings all the time and well compensated for job done.Compensation is not well defined
Honda of Chantilly doesn't care about their employees
It is commission only, so if you don't sell, you don't make money. They have 40+ people on the floor, so it is hard to sell volume. You can follow the process work your leads and still not sell. They preach integrity and yet they don't practice what they preach. All they care about is lining their pockets because you would think with the Corona Virus going around they would at least give their employees their draw, but next month it will be taken out of any commission they make. They constantly change the pay plan. You work very long hours and they give you a hard time if you take off, even if you are sick they expect you to be there on the last day of the month. The GM gets his kicks off of making people uncomfortable when they are called into the office. He makes people feel like they won't get hired any place else, so they have to stay, but then threatens to fire them if they don't sell a certain number of cars.Their turnover rate should be a huge clue and the fact that they don't move people up the chain and hire outside, should be a huge indicator that they really don't care about their employees because if they did, so many people wouldn't have left. They lost 10 people within 3 weeks at one point. A typical day at work starts with a meeting where you are told that you aren't doing enough to get people to come in. It is very rare when you are given compliments. Then you are required to make 50 phone calls a day, you process leads and try to get people to come into the dealership. If you are lucky, you get someone to come in, but everything has to be perfect for that client - more...
Above average
Very forth coming an casual introducing new aspects of learning that couldn’t be possible or achieve without the right people an work place pleasing outstanding
fun workplace. But less flexible.
Work/life balance is very poor.Working on weekends is a burnout.
People with growth aspiration will not find any motivation. There is very limited/no growth opportunities. The compensation offered in the current role is very less.
Slave.... Long, long hours, low pay and soon to be competing with 50 employees for your business
GM does not lead but abusive to weaker employees. Policies change to benefit them $$ routinely! Management hazes employees and there are favorites. Long hours, No pay
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
It was fine
the job was fine. The managers was nice but the payroll wasn't good enough for me. and for sure we will facing aggressive customers everywhere. The most enjoyable day for me was the 4th of july. we had a barbecue outside everyone enjoyed.
nope
I worked there years ago, I do not have strong feelings towards Honda, but I do know that the salesmen are expected to work ridiculous hours with one day a week off
Rewarding Career Opportunity
The opportunity for career growth, financial growth, and personal development are endless. If you have the desire to be highly successful, willing to do whatever it takes, and don't mind working hard, you can easily find yourself in the top 3% of income earners in the country.
Doing a lot for $10
I can't pay for my bills working at Honda cost of living is more then what people make per hour, rent is getting higher and higher every year and we don have an increase of income, not talking about we in Express service do play five titles.
Pros
Saturday free lunches
Nice and fun surrounding
I enjoyed Honda, the employees where very nice and friendly, the customers where a little stuffy but for the most part very kind. We did get reviews to let us know where we stood, and make adjustments if needed. We did get recognized for the letters and comments that were given to use. A nice place to work.
Pros
Very friendly group of workers
Cons
There were a few favorites that had it better then myself
A great place to meet wonderful people.
A great opportunity to meet and engage with Honda's employees and clients. Used my skills to to talk to and engage with clients who came to Honda of Chantilly while I explained the Upgrade Program to them. Workplace culture is positive, for the most part. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people each and every day and working with talented individuals.
Enjoyable
The work is rewarding. Loyal clients make the effort worthwhile. The owners and upper management are invested in the growth of the business and in the growth of their employees.
Busy location
Managers had you working extended hours without compensation other than commissions. Weather affected the sales drastically and the ability to sell to customers became limited when the weather was bad
Great place to get experience
This is a great company to start your work experience in the automotive field. They will give you a chance to learn every part of the industry to see if it is a fit for you. The hardest part is that there is such a high turn over of employees that is hard to know what exactly your job position.
Pros
great experience to be learned. There are people that will teach you everything
Cons
High turn over and lack of management.
A hard working environment
I call clients, let them know about our deals. Also try to get them to come in and test drive and make them fall in love with the car. I also build a relationship with the clients.
Great company
Great company will love to continue here until I retire but balancing out many factors put me on a job hunt to relocate into a place with a more balanced life
Fun group on salespeople, not many opportunities.
The training part when first hired is fantastic, you really learn a lot and are very motivated hitting the floor... thats when you get dissappointed. You dont have your own desk, they put you in a BDC (fish bowl), and tell you to make calls in order to get leads for clients. Not only are the leads FAVORED, but you can come in to work on a monday or tuesday and make more than the required calls, wait for walk in clients, and exceed expectations for managers and they still will not give you leads out of choice. When I was first hired, there were about 30 some salespeople. When I left there was 42! There is no opportunity for growth, coming from someone that was very motivated the whole time I was there. Minumum wage plus commision is not the way to live even if you sell average amount of cars. Aside from all that, the other salespeople that work there are awesome.
Pros
Great training, nice people.
Cons
Poor pay, managers favor veterans of the company.
Exciting and challenging.
American Honda is a great company to work for and receive career advancement opportunities. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a career in the automotive industry.
Pros
Great opportunity
Cons
Sometimes change can be resisted.
Great with Mike Walker!
Awesome place to work. Friendly team of sales people. Sometimes things can get hectic but it kept you on your toes! Management staff has changed a lot in the past 4 years.
Pros
Pay and benefits
I enjoyed my co-worker and job
This was a great place to work. Everyone in the dealership got along very well. It was a productive and friendly environment. I met my husband here, he is an auto mechanic. What I really enjoy about working at this place is they reward you for your hard work. Each year they have a banquet and give out awards to their outstanding employees. It makes the employees want to work harder and be more productive to reach their goal, and win that award.
Pros
great team, awards
Cons
low salary
No customers, No pay. Either way, No life.
Started working near Christmas time, so business was ok during those days. Afterwards, there are hardly any customers which is frustrating when your pay is 100% commission based. The dealership I worked at had a draw against commission pay system, where the draw check would consist of minimum wage.

Most of the management were people that I simply could not respect and had no desire to follow, especially with all of their cursing and racial comments. In terms of selling, one manager was particularly good and I respected his ability to negotiate but that's the only positive thing I have to say.

The co-workers are a mix of people in between jobs and people that simply have no other choice but to work in automotive sales. Many conduct themselves unprofessionally and even unethically, promising whatsoever to customers just to get them to come into the dealership when they cannot follow through. Many, also try to take advantage of the new employees. Only a rare few of the veterans were willing to help the new employees without asking for something in return.

The hours are a bit unreasonable, considering how the job is 100% commission based. I do not see a reason why it is necessary to keep a sales staff of almost 40 people on the clock when the amount of customers walking in each day, especially during the slow season, is about less than 10. On the busiest Saturdays that I've seen, having half of the sales staff would still suffice. Having this many sales reps creates too much internal competition and dilutes the earning potential. More than half the workers are merely getting
 - more...
Pros
Tough experience will teach you to be competitive and assertive
Cons
Hard to make more than minimum wage
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honda. Our community is ready to answer.
3.2K
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight