Honda Employee Reviews

Found 2,520 reviews matching the search See all 5,876 reviews
The management is not as expected
Automotive Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2019
I applied to Honda and did not start until a month after I️ applied. I️ called in due to sickness on the day after Christmas and was fired through text message the day after. I told the manager I had a note but it did not matter. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. The atmosphere is full of negative energy and drama believe me!! Not a good company to work for.
Pros
Flexible hours. Any clothing is accepted. Close is at 7pm.
Cons
Management is not friendly, The employees are full of negative energy & drama. The training process is horrible, You sit & watch most of the time.
Fun and busy workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 21, 2018
A typical day at work includes, answering and transferring phone calls, helping managers with paperwork when needed, filing, cleaning before close and helping customers as much as possible. I learned my patience needs to be worked on. I learned, how to multi task more than i already knew how. Management was great, everybody is very helpful and never leaves you in a difficult position. The hardest part of my job is juggling my tasks when our dealership is busy. i really enjoy the people that work here, they have become a family away from home for me.
Pros
good hours, fun people to work with, easy job itself
Cons
low pay, long late night shifts
Quick paced but in a relaxed environment.
Lot Porter (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 7, 2019
Working the closing shift a majority of the time, the work was quick paced and I was typically tasked with quite a few jobs that needed to get done, usually over the course of the weekend. Management was a healthy combination of strict and loose that typically didn't make me feel stressed. The people I worked with were overall great people. Unfortunately, a majority of the time I worked there my position was short staffed, so I was tasked with a lot and had to find time to complete those tasks while also assisting salesman when needed.
fast tempo working place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 29, 2018
honestly its not a bad job at all theres a lot of drama and unnecessary attitudes and BS going on it does get stressful but so does every job you learn a lot there all styles of cooking and how its easy to move up if you put the work in they do have long hours and several consecutive days but the pay is amazing and its defiantly worth a shot at applying whats the worst that can happen
Pros
free food and you pick up great tricks for other opportunities
Cons
drama and stressful
great place to work
Equipment Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Anna, OHJanuary 8, 2019
Great place to work people and environment were great, wish I never left. Definitely learned the grass isn't always greener. The people are great to work with and pass knowledge down very well. The training is very good and they have an onsite training center. The wellness center and the other perks are great. Wish I never left would go back tomorrow if they would let me.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
No pension anymore
Productive work area
Parts Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDDecember 29, 2018
Working at Honda of Bowie taught me a lot about being a mature man. I enjoyed working there because I knew I could always expect to have a day full of laughter. I started off there as a porter and was later promoted to parts inventory specialist/counter-person. Although my pay rate was only $9.00hr I was accustom to working overtime and I enjoyed what I was doing. On Friday's I had the opportunity to entertain the customer's in the lobby using my gift of song. I have been singing since were 2yrs old. So my departure for leaving was chasing my dreams of becoming an artist which lead me to the X Factor. I met Simon Cowell, Kelly Rowland, Demi Lavota, and Paulina. When I returned from New York; I was let go due to the absences from traveling to do music.
Sell Sell Sell
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tenafly, NJJanuary 3, 2019
Selling cars at honda is fun. Dealing with sales managers that are never happy is the tough part. Its one thing if they just tell you hey you sold 17 cars lets try to get that number to 20. For some reason they just degrade you in hopes that the embarrasment will motivate you enough to do more. It does exactly the opposite and lowers the sales due to morale. With the right management you can have a blast working in car sales.
Great place to work!
Internet Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 16, 2018
The management staff and sales team members are like family. We all get along great. We love to laugh. We all work great together. It's rare that anyone quits or gets fired. However it's time for me to start thinking about my family and a lasting career with benefits. I feel I cannot retire from here. I have two kids that depend on me. I need to be a positive role model for them.
Pros
Great management and staff.
Cons
I feel I'm stuck at this position and I'm not going to move up. No retirement.
Very Professional
R & D Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Raymond, OHJanuary 12, 2019
Honda R & D is one of the greatest design, research and development institute. The work place consisted of people from all corners of the world yet all were made equal by their uniform. The management and employees shared same open office space. The top head of entire Honda North America was standing in line next to me in Cafeteria self served and paid at counter as any other employee.
Pros
Work environment
Absolutely love the work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 14, 2018
Seems everyone's experience is different here. The management team suffers from lack of leadership and inability to hold people accountable for mistakes therefore the same mistakes happen all the time and cost the technicians valuable time which in turn cost them money. There seems to be no advancement opportunities, any testing for advancement is done at home on your own time with no reimbursement..Family time is Valuable and they don"t see it that way.
Pros
you can miss and call out pretty frequently without reprimand
Cons
Management team inadequate
Mostly work oriented, ok place to work
Porter/Inventory Manager/Photo Taker (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 9, 2018
Honda Cars of Mckinney is an alright place to work for. I'm free to get my work done, without managers looking over my shoulder, which is great and allows me to finish whatever tasks I need to do. Management is ok, but like any place, there are one or two that think they own the place and nobody likes. For someone that has been working for the company for over 17 years, I have been passed up for positions that I clearly qualify for, and feel you must either be a buddy or well liked by the top managers if you want to move up, no matter how much time you put in or years you've been there over the person they promoted.
good work life balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2018
job with good work life balance, a great degree of flexibility is offered for taking care of urgent matters like doctors appointment

good benefits except for the very limited allowance of vacation days that cannot be negotiated

salary offers are also not negotiable

the healthcare is cheap, paid almost entirely by the company but with united healthcare, which in my opinion is not as good as local provider like blue shield california
Pros
cheap healthcare plan, great car leasing program, respect for the people
Cons
almost no vacation days... 10 for the first four years
Production at Honda was fun loving
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHOctober 30, 2018
After working for Adecco at Honda (a temporary hiring agency for Honda), I was then hired by Honda itself in as much as I showed capability in handling the responsibilities of manufacturing on an assembling line of which I was well disciplined in team working with other co-workers, which was the ethic of Honda Mfg in Marysville. I loved it especially with all its benefits and salary range.
Pros
Industrial oriented
Cons
Too far from where I resided, which was very hard to drive especially in the winter.
Honda was a wonderful place to work!
Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 25, 2018
A typical day at work was making outgoing and taking incoming calls. I learned a lot from the Manager regarding work ethics in the car business. The manager of my department was a great person to work for and the big advantage of working for him was the motivation he gave his department. The hardest part was meeting goals. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Unreasonable goals
Terrible hours
Service Adviser/Writer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 12, 2018
Upper management practically wants you to live there. Some months you work up to 15 days straight. Only 1 day off. Hours are terrible. They want you to be there at 7am to close 8pm everyday! And expect you to work on the weekends. This place is so money hungry, they dont care about the employees. High turn over! Management gets upset if your sick, or have to take off because of your child is sick. There is absolutely no room for a family life. No room for any kind of life. If all you want to do is work, work work. This place is you, but not someone who wants to enjoy their family, enjoy their weekends. Also it is very frowned upon to take lunch breaks. That should tell you something! Also 20% is taken away from your pay check every month because of bad reviews that you can not control!!!! You make no money here!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
A good place to work.
Market Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INJanuary 12, 2019
Job security is the main reason to stay but the pay/benefits are hard to beat. It is a Japanese company so they have high expectations that you show up every day, but they pay 1.5x anything after 8 hours and 2x on Sunday.

Honda has good core values and gives back to the surrounding community often.

It is a company society wants to exist.
Benefits
Cons
Aramark, work hours
The buddy system is very prevalent.
Engineering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anna, OH 45302November 2, 2018
During my interview they made is sound like the perfect place to work. A friendly environment with great benefits and plenty of room for advancement. After the first year I found this was mostly false information. If you disagreed with the wrong person and that person was a buddy of your boss then your work life became a nightmare.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
expect you to every weekend
Productive and a learning experience of cars
Receptionist/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 4, 2018
A typical work day at Honda was fast-paced, laid back, and everyone worked together. I learned things about Honda I did not know. I also learned how to assemble a side mirror and put it onto the vehicle. Management was strict. The hardest part of the job was production. The most enjoyable part of the job is team-working.
Productive and fun workplace
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 8, 2018
Rusty Wallis Honda was one the best job opportunities I have ever had. The company was well ran and the customer service was always put first. I learned a lot of things in the automotive industry from working here. Not many Females were found working there and that's what made it so special. i stood out from a lot of people and I was able to hold my own. I worked with customers every day. My communication skills have greatly improved working there. The hardest part was dealing with the unhappy customers, but in the end I was always able to take care of the customer and have them leaving happy.
Pros
Discounts on Automotive services
Cons
Not many
Moderately busy car dealership
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 24, 2018
This dealership is moderately buys during the week. It is the busiest on the weekends , Friday-Saturday.
I have thoroughly enjoyed working here. However, the hours are split between two other women, and I find myself not making enough to support my financial needs in this area.
Pros
Very friendly co-workers and customers
Cons
Not enough hours, pay rate is not enough to survive in this area.