Honest Weight Food Co-op Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Family atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 4, 2018
Management and staff work together. Flexible scheduling. Fantastic co-workers. Safe working environment. Casual dress code. Only down side is being able to smell yummy food and trying to diet.
Fun to work
ACCOUNTING/ FINANCIAL MANAGER/ COST ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 13, 2018
The great place to work and fun, great management team player.
enjoyable that you interfere with customer services and people everywhere, also interfere with the management team on a dealy base
Decent Discount/Fun Co Workers
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 29, 2017
Besides the discount and people I met there I would NOT recommend working there. I was harassed and bullied by my supervisor and HR did NOTHING. The “Leadership Team” provided no support and didn’t even write anything down when I told them about the abuse of by my supervisor.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Abuse of management
Best Job I've Ever had
Baker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 23, 2017
The kitchen was a fantastic environment to be in. Working in the bakery they helped get my skills up as well as taught me everything I needed to know and allowed for more advancement in the department while it was small. Management is understanding if something comes up and you have an illness and it was just a fun relaxed place to be full of Culinary alumni.
Pros
25% discount
Hobby, not a career
Front of House Associate / Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 10, 2017
This is great place to work if you already have expendable income. If you are rying to build a career path here, good luck. The pay is much lower than it should be, but the benefits are cheap as well. With all of my experience in food service, I was still paid just as much as a newbie off the street.
Pros
goood people to work with
Cons
rude customers, underpaid and overworked.
Honest Weight is a wonderful place to work
Interim Director of Digital Marketing (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 9, 2017
I have a very long relationship with this wonderful organization. I recommend them on every level.

You will get to work for wonderful people, causes and the community.
Pros
Store discount, say in management
Productive and busy
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 9, 2016
It's a fast paced environment with little down time. The tasks are relatively simple so it's easy to get a grip on really fast. Management and coworkers are all friendly
Pros
Free food sometimes, multiple breaks, discounts
Cons
Repetitive
Fun and energetic company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 20, 2016
Honest Weight has a fun and happy atmosphere. Its a place where people come to find healthy food options from vegan to vegetarian.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
parking
The difficulty of the work environment
Kitchen Steward (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 6, 2016
Honest Weight Food Coop is a whole foods store located in Albany, NY. I worked there over the summer of 2013 before heading back to school. My position held was a Kitchen Steward and this was probably one of the hardest jobs I had. My duties were primarily were to clean the dishes from all departments which was overwhelming at times, but I'm a strong willed person and a hard worker so I was able to get through it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work
Voluteer at the Coop & Recieve an amount off my food bill
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 18, 2012
Work on Sunday Morning Main function is cashiering. The atmosphere is very nice to work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honest Weight Food Co-op. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight